What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

Lets just say offense counts. Even equally. How is that fair? We have one base but get two attacks. If anything it should be 66%offense 33% defense. Anything less than 66% of the weight of offense is overweight of defense.

What's closer today to reality 66% or 0%
I'm not making any claims as to the level at which offense counts. My point is that you can't look at internal defensive rankings to conclude there is zero weight on offense in making a match. That's fundamentally flawed logic.
I think it's not an awful assertion for the developer to make to say, hey, we rank your bases and your clans based on defense. The stronger the defense the harder to beat therefore you get harder matches to equal your defense. It makes a lot of sense. I mean everyone's offense is pretty similar really. People build out the structures asap to get the new toys and most get upgraded. The only troop we frequently see NOT be upgraded to max is hounds. Hell, we have some near max TH10s that are just now getting around to it.

There's simply not enough differentiation to make this count. I mean max valks are useless. Should they count more than max hounds? They are level 4? The complexity here is too high.

Our matches lately are actually getting easier. We are getting more 3 stars than ever and we are facing clans that can't stop us. All around the forums people employing less defense are seeing similar results and the clans that maxed xbows and infernos are whining about their matchups. Now we have honda on the same page too. :cheers:

And I'll dig it out but on some of the one hive videos about war matchmaking he specifically quoted some comments from the mod/dev about offense. They didn't say it was zero, but they certainly implied that the weighting is low to non-existent. Chief Pat has an ear to this stuff too and has also echoed this in his comments.

With basically no margin for error FBGS can theoretically hit Level5 with 6 wars at 40.

Our 100th win in that situation would come one war before Level5.

I hope all you thread regulars and even greg comes back to join us as we close in on 100. (Xbows and infernos or not :P )

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is Supercell should count offense for war matchups way more heavily. Pretty dumb that it doesn't seem to already. All this 9.5, 8.5, 1 cannon type stuff is gimmicky and dumb.

I'm a pre-TH8.5. I've added the 4th AA and the gold/elix storages. A little over a day until I can start researching Loons. Hope I didn't make a mistake in adding the 4th AA. I don't think I did as it'll cause another TH9 to attack me in order to get 3* (all of my other defenses are max TH8). Got a few more skull walls to go.

My vote is Supercell should count offense for war matchups way more heavily. Pretty dumb that it doesn't seem to already. All this 9.5, 8.5, 1 cannon type stuff is gimmicky and dumb.
Goodposting

Ill do my xbows and inferno last but once the rest of my d is done, onward and upward I go.

My offense other than Valks are already maxed... My d is halfway done. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do with the game other than keep things moving and just learning to attack better.

I'm a pre-TH8.5. I've added the 4th AA and the gold/elix storages. A little over a day until I can start researching Loons. Hope I didn't make a mistake in adding the 4th AA. I don't think I did as it'll cause another TH9 to attack me in order to get 3* (all of my other defenses are max TH8). Got a few more skull walls to go.
AA is your only hope versus a laloon. They are overpowered as an attack but can go off the rails in a hurry. I already have one max AA and will probably push to get another one soon.

The real glory days were when heroes weren't anchored and you'd pull both heroes and the cc over to a corner, kill them, and then spam hogs at the base. We'd touch on 150 stars a war during that period. I think we actually did it twice, once in boog and once in fbgs.

Our video is on youtube you can search for it. I watched some of it before but don't know what to look for as far as xmod.

A lot of their attacks were basically hounds with loon spam. Nothing targeted like you see in onehive videos. Now we know why they got so "lucky" spamming the loons.

FYI looks like turtles posted a video to youtube with the xmod still on in the videos and got busted for it.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/607217-▼Turtles-War-Log▼

I wonder if the video they posted was our war recap. It's not in there.
Pretty messed up that the extent of their getting "busted" seemed to be just a few day ban on the forums. Unreal. Wonder how much that guy has spent on gems to not have gotten his game account permabanned?
Installing sketchy software on his rooted device will probably provide punishment enough

GoodpostingIll do my xbows and inferno last but once the rest of my d is done, onward and upward I go.

My offense other than Valks are already maxed... My d is halfway done. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do with the game other than keep things moving and just learning to attack better.
I've recently tried making my defense instead of copying someone elses base. Now I watch it get attacked each war and make tweaks. It's a whole new side to the game if you want it.

GoodpostingIll do my xbows and inferno last but once the rest of my d is done, onward and upward I go.

I've recently tried making my defense instead of copying someone elses base. Now I watch it get attacked each war and make tweaks. It's a whole new side to the game if you want it.
Oh Hell no. Wish I could literally copy (as in copy and paste) other peoples bases. changing my base is the least favorite part of this game.

Oh Hell no. Wish I could literally copy (as in copy and paste) other peoples bases. changing my base is the least favorite part of this game.
Yea I was the exact same way, then I tried it and got hooked.

Anyone around who can lower the trophy count in fbgs? I'm sitting out the Quattro war for heroes, wouldn't mind spectating. I'm at 1492 trophies at the moment.

Anyone around who can lower the trophy count in fbgs? I'm sitting out the Quattro war for heroes, wouldn't mind spectating. I'm at 1492 trophies at the moment.
Lowered trophy count to 1400.

It's at "Invite only" right now - does that need to be changed to "Anyone can join"?

Honda peeps.

Here's what I'd do for 1.

Send your little aiden at it. Not sure if this is a kid account or what but has good stuff.

Throw

15 furs at the south corner. let them pop the walls themselves. Drop 4 wiz to funnel for your heroes. As soon as they get the AA down drop 3 healers and your heroes.

At this point the cc comes out, not a major concern. As soon as the cc is all the way out flank your furs with hogs in each of the neighboring compartments. 8 and 7 and put down the rest of your wiz team behind your heroes.

At this point the inferno should be dead and you can rage heal up to the TH. Save enough minions and arch and stuff to trim for 2 stars.

I am not sure if pulling the cc is worth it, in fact i think the cc being where it is helps you if you don't pop it. It should redirect your troops.

If nervous pack a zap. You shouldn't even need all your spells to get the th.

This fails if your funnel blows. Hard. Like 0 star hard. Don't fail

honda th9 solutions

2 - quadhound push from south to get the safe 2, save some backside loons for 3.

3 - goho, very hard base. May need to settle for safe gowoppy 2 here.

4- goho, little easier than 3 but not by much.

5- toughish quadhound with ks for queencc and maybe an aa if lucky

6- easy quad

7 - easy quad ks for queen and cc and aa. beginner quad 101 stuff

8 - tough-ish quad. Deep queen to get and some moving parts to get there.

9 - Textbook CBLaloon hounds from south gowi and heroes from north. i think this is an internet base

Just for giggles here's my defense log from when i hit masters.

in 1000s/1000s/number

loonian 32/92/20

snipe

laloon 109/220/142

furryhog 81/103/122

snipe

snipe

furrybarch 246/376/1206

snipe

snipe

gowipe 53/1/0

snipe

furrybarch 176/191/88

snipe

snipe

furryvalk 142/443/1487

snipe

snipe

snipe

snipe

gianthealer 42/119/1578

snipe

snipe

snipe

snipe

snipe

snipe

barch 21/1/0

snipe

snipe

barch 103/10

snipe

snipe

snipe

laloon 211/116/2158

snipe4xzap 1/1/460

snipe

snipe

snipe
Only twice did I get hit for anything of consequence in 10 days. I pickup more in collectors than I lose in raiding. Easily.

FYI looks like turtles posted a video to youtube with the xmod still on in the videos and got busted for it.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/607217-▼Turtles-War-Log▼

I wonder if the video they posted was our war recap. It's not in there.
I don't know what bunnies are -- does this mean they were sandboxers?
xmod is supposed to allow sandboxing
I saw a bunch of people mentioning bunnies in the lower corner but did not see anything :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread