What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (8 Viewers)

I just changed my CoC name from Myk to PatsWillWin. Now that many are learning who Myk has been this whole time...well, when does Honda war next? :excited:

I just executed a rare perfect lavaloon and they accused me of cheating. :kicksrock:

Help me choose my next Laboratory Upgrade: I can go to:

- Level 5 hogs (max!) (50k DE)

- Level 3 minion (20k DE)

- Level 2 hound (60k DE)

- Level 2 Golem.

My gut tells me to work on the hogs. But I already have max Loons, so minions or hound may be better to use.

Thoughts?
If your golems are still L1 then do hounds first. Hogs really need high quality tanks to make the big push. L2 hounds are a massive game changer for war. There aren't many bases you can just flatten with hogs behind 1 golem that wouldn't also fall to hounds. Can't say the same in reverse.
Still not true.

Please upgrade hogs - regardless of whether you have max loons. Then upgrade heal spell to max. You will then be able to 3-star any TH8 and a lot of TH9s - well, once you learn how to hog well.
And upgrading hounds also allows the same. Just whichever route you want to go.
Is it easy to run cold blooded or shattered attacks with low level golems?
Yes. The key is carrying a max golem in your cc. You can get away with a shattered using a L1 or L2 golem so long as your cc contains a max golem. Cold blooded just roll with a cc max golem and 4 L2 hounds. Assuming TH9 for all this.

Anyone else notice a small change in matchmaking. I am getting hit by some lower townhalls again who are shielding despite me being loaded

What are, and what are the differences between the clans?
Fbgs Has the most th10. Honda the least. Wars range in difficulty between the three with Quattro somewhere in middle.All war 3x a week more or less.
Don't agree on the war difficulty statement.

Honda is the most casual of the three but also pg13.
I think he just means with respect to the level of competition as far as TH breakdown.

Also should probably mention that Honda is full.
I mean I forget what Manback TH is. A TH8 might go 3-6 wars in a row in FBGS without being able to find a base they can even 2 star. We've started building infernos out and the MaxTH9 line has started to drift from 27 to 33ish. The prior war the line was 39/40 which was our all time high.

At this point a TH8 is mostly a spectator for us. They have no hope of being productive, which is fine, but it's worth mentioning.

What are, and what are the differences between the clans?
Fbgs Has the most th10. Honda the least. Wars range in difficulty between the three with Quattro somewhere in middle.All war 3x a week more or less.
Don't agree on the war difficulty statement.

Honda is the most casual of the three but also pg13.
I think he just means with respect to the level of competition as far as TH breakdown.

Also should probably mention that Honda is full.
I mean I forget what Manback TH is. A TH8 might go 3-6 wars in a row in FBGS without being able to find a base they can even 2 star. We've started building infernos out and the MaxTH9 line has started to drift from 27 to 33ish. The prior war the line was 39/40 which was our all time high.

At this point a TH8 is mostly a spectator for us. They have no hope of being productive, which is fine, but it's worth mentioning.
Manback is our new #1 :thumbup:

So from reading the SC forums it looks like someone suspects SC did a hot fix on single player mm. What are our gold/silver people seeing now? I'm all of a sudden seeing a crap ton of TH9. It used to be like 1 in 10 or 1 in 20. Now it's like 4 out of 10.

BTW, we almost certainly have the bandwidth to pull off a

Honda+Quattro allstars vs FBGsmatchup and get a match.
Excellent idea sir
All that needs to happen is those two clans pull together 30 or 35 guys and post their most recent war weight. I'll match it from our end. We may have to cut down our side to 30 just to get a even match.

Probably they should have no more than 5 TH8, We don't even have 2 at this point.

Set a time and we start the matchmaking. With the new war match system it's a lock we get a war.

Post your weights and I'll see how close I can get it. If we have to trim our TH10 ranks a bit to get a match so be it.

Post your weights and I'll see how close I can get it. If we have to trim our TH10 ranks a bit to get a match so be it.
How do we get our war weight? Is it the amount of elixir in the stores during war? Or just plug what we have in the war weight spreadsheet? Or something else?

How do we get our war weight? Is it the amount of elixir in the stores during war? Or just plug what we have in the war weight spreadsheet? Or something else?
easiest way is just check current war, or last war if not in an actual war day. Should be close enough.

easiest way is just check current war, or last war if not in an actual war day. Should be close enough.
How do we figure this out?
I think it is related to the amount of elixir in the stores or maybe what you are worth in war... just need culdeus to confirm.

ETA: According to the spreadsheet, I am worth 71558. My war total gold/elixir stores are 72000 each, so that is probably it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is related to the amount of elixir in the stores or maybe what you are worth in war... just need culdeus to confirm.

ETA: According to the spreadsheet, I am worth 71558. My war total gold/elixir stores are 72000 each, so that is probably it.
Yup. That's 18000 on the scale I posted late last week.

Yup. That's 18000 on the scale I posted late last week.
It is a little misleading because the stores actually calculate out to: (amount in one store) * 4 + 1000

The 1000 is from the TH as I have 17750 per store in our current war.

You either see it reported as 1 storage or all 4 together. It's easier for me to pull the 1 storage number but i don't really care. It only gets slightly complicated for people that haven't maxed elix storages which is only going to be a TH8 or really early th9.

Quattro's current war

Monstar: 84000

PatsWillWin: 82000

PlasmaDogPlasma: 82000

Black Box: 72000

EYLive: 67000

BuckOff: 67000

adam: 67000

Scotticus: 66000

Witz: 62000

Big Red: 57000

Cliff: 56000

Alan: 55000

Ignoramus2: 54000

Cliff Jr: 53000

money: 50000

Nugback: 51000

beelz2: 50000

WDCOCROB: 47000

Myk's Brother?: 39000

Shawnkytonk: 41000

SameAsDay1: 39000

eric: 39000

MixedUpPup: 36000

dog luvr: 27000

ALAN: 6000

When I look at one war elixir storage it says I have 155K elixir. Is that my war weight? I don't think that's right. I'm a mid-level TH8.

:nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Box said:
Quattro's current war

Monstar: 84000

PatsWillWin: 82000

PlasmaDogPlasma: 82000

Black Box: 72000

-----------------------------------FBGS MEDIAN---------------------

EYLive: 67000

BuckOff: 67000

adam: 67000

Scotticus: 66000

Witz: 62000

Big Red: 57000

Cliff: 56000

Alan: 55000

Ignoramus2: 54000

Cliff Jr: 53000

money: 50000

Nugback: 51000

beelz2: 50000

WDCOCROB: 47000

Myk's Brother?: 39000

Shawnkytonk: 41000

SameAsDay1: 39000

eric: 39000

MixedUpPup: 36000

dog luvr: 27000

ALAN: 6000
Ok, maybe this is tougher than I thought. Your 8 would come in roughly around jordan (our 32). We have 8 bases above ur top but the weights aren't dramatically higher. We have 31 bases that sit above your median and 9 below, that's a problem I marked our median on the list. That's probably a little hard to overcome unless honda sends a crap ton of th9/10 over. We probably have to dump 3 or 4 th10 also otherwise i doubt we'd match.

Ok, maybe this is tougher than I thought. Your 8 would come in roughly around jordan (our 32). We have 8 bases above ur top but the weights aren't dramatically higher. We have 31 bases that sit above your median and 9 below, that's a problem I marked our median on the list. That's probably a little hard to overcome unless honda sends a crap ton of th9/10 over. We probably have to dump 3 or 4 th10 also otherwise i doubt we'd match.
Our lineup does change a bit from war to war. We have one brand new TH10 out, as well as a couple TH9s. Plus Manback, and who knows how much he is worth.

But yes, I agree, the gulf is large.

Is there a recent, updated thread where it shows the clash names and their FBG name and whos in what clan?

Also, how would you feel about my buddy possibly joining? He's in Reddit Elements and they are a bit too intense and he'd like something slightly more casual but still warring frequently.

He's lvl 138 or some #### with maxed everything. Legit everything except walls and maybe a few traps.

Our lineup does change a bit from war to war. We have one brand new TH10 out, as well as a couple TH9s. Plus Manback, and who knows how much he is worth.

But yes, I agree, the gulf is large.
I'm worth 2 goats and a cow.

Is there a recent, updated thread where it shows the clash names and their FBG name and whos in what clan?

Also, how would you feel about my buddy possibly joining? He's in Reddit Elements and they are a bit too intense and he'd like something slightly more casual but still warring frequently.

He's lvl 138 or some #### with maxed everything. Legit everything except walls and maybe a few traps.
FBGS has no issue taking this guy. Not sure how quattro's mgmt. feels about a friend-of.

FBGS has no issue taking this guy. Not sure how quattro's mgmt. feels about a friend-of.
I feel like there's underlying backstory I am not privy to.

Not really. Quattro was setup at least originally as a FBG-only no-kid serious clan. Not sure if that still is the case or what.

We have no real issue with sell swords in fbgs as long as they don't suck.

The entire group of Gears guys are in FBGs.* Just saying.

*the only members of the Gears crew that play CoC are me and culdeus.

Users who are viewing this thread