What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (10 Viewers)

Strangely, fbgs hit two engineered clans in a row. I'm not sure we've hit one since the update.

Gonna run the numbers to see how we've changed and why we are drawing these guys.

Strangely, fbgs hit two engineered clans in a row. I'm not sure we've hit one since the update.

Gonna run the numbers to see how we've changed and why we are drawing these guys.
Because Shammy built infernos
I don't really think so. I would have thought we'd be drawing more clans like tokyo. Instead we get these ones with 8-10 solid bases then they drop off a cliff.

I think it's pretty well known these are the most effective setups out there, but I thought we were somewhat insulated from that. I mean we haven't seen these like ever before.

Once your heroes are even, which do you push ahead first? IE. have 10/10. Which should go to 15?
I pushed my BK to 20 first, with the intent to just leave him there for a long time. While I pushed him, I had some good raiding weeks where I was able to also put down the AQ.
same, king still at 20

I think the pattern is in most guides

King to 10

Queen to 10

King to 20

Queen to 15 when practical while taking king to 20

Queen to 30

King to 25

Queen to 40

King to 40

This isn't my opinion, it's the consensus of most of the guides out there. Remember kids, a AQ30 can take down the TH of a TH10 without taking any damage. That's sort of a big deal.

Ok, here's my thoughts on the TH10 struggles.

I think we are putting the ##### on a pedestal here. We've absolutely positively cracked the TH9 code. We are crushing th9s now sometimes not even losing a single loon. Our struggles there are over.

There's absolutely no reason we can't take the lessons learned and do the same damn thing at TH10. I just think we are making a few mistakes.

• Failure to identify bases which are just simply easy ground 2 stars for our lower hero guys to get, but hard blended 3s.
  • Attempting raids with one hero down that are simply doomed from the start.
  • too much dps, too few tanks.
  • using pekka led raids without sucking cc
I think shattered and cb have a place. Strong heroes are key. You need the heroes doing some serious work in these plans taking out AA/Queen/CC and often an xbow and inferno. We aren't that far away. Hell the top 15 of us are running with 45 to 50 hero levels. We aren't far away from the next level where we have our first 6 star th10 player.

Ok so now that I'm starting to dig out of elix hell at the start of th9 in ready to start to upgrade the defenses. Is there a TH9 order to spending gold? I've already seen the CC up to 30 spots built one x-bow and taken the new AD/AT/WT up to TH8 levels. I did have 4.4M gold kicking around tonight so I pushed the button on my first AD7 upgrade.

Ok so now that I'm starting to dig out of elix hell at the start of th9 in ready to start to upgrade the defenses. Is there a TH9 order to spending gold? I've already seen the CC up to 30 spots built one x-bow and taken the new AD/AT/WT up to TH8 levels. I did have 4.4M gold kicking around tonight so I pushed the button on my first AD7 upgrade.
I'd have a builder steady on AD's & Tesla's. Small stuff after that, cannons, bombs, AT's, mortars, WT's, x-bows.

I'd have a builder steady on AD's & Tesla's. Small stuff after that, cannons, bombs, AT's, mortars, WT's, x-bows.
ADs and teslas IMO.

Anti Air asap. Most important d tower in the game Doc>hi stop at nothing, don't sleep or eat till max those out.

Teslas

Archers

Wiz

Could make a decent argument for wiz over archers. It's a really quite big jump on the wiz for the money. One of the larger jumps you get but hits you 5x on matchmaking....

Last edited by a moderator:
Myk's Bro? is a newly minted TH8 and SameAsDay1 is about three days behind. This is the upgrade/build priority off the top of my head, let me know if I have this wrong.

Builder #1 - Lab

Builder #2 - Clan Castle

Builder #3 - Air Defense

Builder #4 - DE drill/storage

Builder #3 basically stays on air defenses forever.

Builder #4 builds/upgrades DE stuff.

Builders #1 and #2 upgrade/build new defenses with the exception of a fourth mortar.

Sound right/wrong?

Basically keep one builder on Air Defense for the foreseeable future.

Anti Air asap. Most important d tower in the game Doc>hi stop at nothing, don't sleep or eat till max those out.

Teslas

Archers

Wiz

Could make a decent argument for wiz over archers. It's a really quite big jump on the wiz for the money. One of the larger jumps you get but hits you 5x on matchmaking....
Sounds about right. Thanks!

Myk's Bro? is a newly minted TH8 and SameAsDay1 is about three days behind. This is the upgrade/build priority off the top of my head, let me know if I have this wrong.

Builder #1 - Lab

Builder #2 - Clan Castle

Builder #3 - Air Defense

Builders #1 and #2 upgrade/build new defenses with the exception of a fourth mortar.

Sound right/wrong?

Pretty much. I'd just add a builder dedicated to teslas as well. eta: 81 days of tesla build time at TH8.

Builder #1 - Lab

Builder #2 - Clan Castle

Builder #3 - Air Defense

Sound right/wrong?

Pretty much. I'd just add a builder dedicated to teslas as well.
nevermind. Thought th9

Whoever is the governor at :honda: needs to kick whistlepunk out. He is my coworker and decided to delete the game because he felt it was taking over his life. :rolleyes:

Whoever is the governor at :honda: needs to kick whistlepunk out. He is my coworker and decided to delete the game because he felt it was taking over his life. :rolleyes:
That's the point no? That's how you disseminate between a serious business player and everyone else.

That's the point no? That's how you disseminate between a serious business player and everyone else.
Agreed. I gave him the number to my street pharmacist to help with staying awake and focused, but he declined.

Am I the only one who loses track of hogs in the battle. By the time I want to heal, all I see is defenses.

Am I the only one who loses track of hogs in the battle. By the time I want to heal, all I see is defenses.
It just takes practice and anticipation. Sometimes I predetermine the first couple of heals based on how I know the hogs will path. That helps you get the heals down more quickly, and buys you some time to watch and anticipate where you'll need the remaining heals.

Been a while since I hogged - still one of my favorite coc attacks.

When I hogged many moons ago - Before I deployed any hogs I knew where I'd be droppping heal spells - any potential double bomb spots.

Wasn't something I figured out while my hogs were smashing D to pieces.

Black Box said:
AcerFC said:
It just takes practice and anticipation. Sometimes I predetermine the first couple of heals based on how I know the hogs will path. That helps you get the heals down more quickly, and buys you some time to watch and anticipate where you'll need the remaining heals.
Nerd in me but I put bases in Skitch and draw out the path I think they will take, helps to visualize the attack and where to drop heals. Hogs are one of the few troops you know pretty much exactly where they are going to go so it makes it pretty simple.

beer 30 said:
Warsteinner said:
lol. thx war.

Wanted: Honda officially recruiting a couple of players who want to war regularly - at least twice a week; have the desire to get to higher level war game; currently at TH6 or TH7, this is a must; have a basic understanding of game mechanics; mature - doesn't necessarily mean old but should be old enough to not take anything in the game personally ever and know sarcasm when thrown at you 50 times a minute; willing to take advice and guidance from people who may not know any more than you but have seen enough to at least share pointers that will be helpful; not jump to new levels prematurely and prematurely will be defined for you; and accept that sometimes you will be told what to do definitively and be okay with that. It's a PG rated audience so no profanity in chat but a very active and lively chat almost 24/7. Other rules and stuff specific to Honda can be found here. Apply within.

Wanted: Honda officially recruiting a couple of players who want to war regularly - at least twice a week; have the desire to get to higher level war game; currently at TH6 or TH7, this is a must; have a basic understanding of game mechanics; mature - doesn't necessarily mean old but should be old enough to not take anything in the game personally ever and know sarcasm when thrown at you 50 times a minute; willing to take advice and guidance from people who may not know any more than you but have seen enough to at least share pointers that will be helpful; not jump to new levels prematurely and prematurely will be defined for you; and accept that sometimes you will be told what to do definitively and be okay with that. It's a PG rated audience so no profanity in chat but a very active and lively chat almost 24/7. Other rules and stuff specific to Honda can be found here. Apply within.
I can come over for a war or two but Im not down for serious wars and will never look at clash caller

Let me know if you need me

I can come over for a war or two but Im not down for serious wars and will never look at clash caller

Let me know if you need me
lots of people don't "look" at clash caller but they all still follow it. just ask in chat. come on over anytime, all wars are serious. win or go home. hoping to not just fill wars but fill some gaps at the lower levels cause people are moving on up. we're starting to have a tough time filling even 30 for war regularly.

I got a TH8.5 but play like a TH6, does that work? ;)

Interesting subplot developing.

We are up pretty big on this engineered clan.

They have a 40/40 guy with a GoLaloon built. Taking bets whether smack gets 3 starred.

Vegas has set odds as

3 star: -180

2 star: +450

1 star: -950

0 star: +1200

Time to 3 star Over/Under

2:37 -110

Skulls left alive at end of raid

O/U 2.5 +175/-150

I'm considering moving. Mid-level TH7. I like my clan, but we have a 25-25 war going today. I am #24 and was supposed to hit 25 after our 25 hit it. He did and got the zero stars as expected. About 3 minutes before I went to attack 25 our 20 used his 2nd attack on it. So I was going to clean up 23, but our 19 used his 2nd attack on that one leaving me with nothing. I had over 300,000 elixir spent on dragons and spells.

Our leader gives out detailed instructions on who and when we are to attack in war and those 2 guys just ignored them. This has happened before. I'm kind of pissed I loaded up a dragon army that is expensive (for me) for nothing. I'll use them, but I probably won't make the elixir back that I spent.

Interesting subplot developing.

We are up pretty big on this engineered clan.

They have a 40/40 guy with a GoLaloon built. Taking bets whether smack gets 3 starred.

Vegas has set odds as

3 star: -180

2 star: +450

1 star: -950

0 star: +1200

Time to 3 star Over/Under

2:37 -110

Skulls left alive at end of raid

O/U 2.5 +175/-150
take the 3, under, over for 50 each.

I got a TH8.5 but play like a TH6, does that work? ;)
You'll fit right in.

Users who are viewing this thread