What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

In the Onehive "Tools of a Successful Clan" video, he talks about using GroupMe, Skitch, TeamSpeak and Twiddla to communicate, coordinate and share and discuss plans. They also have a private forum.

For us, one login is considered unbearable.

In the Onehive "Tools of a Successful Clan" video, he talks about using GroupMe, Skitch, TeamSpeak and Twiddla to communicate, coordinate and share and discuss plans. They also have a private forum.

I can see how twiddla could be useful

post pic of base, have everyone comment on it

There is serious business and then there is serious business.

I can see how twiddla could be useful

post pic of base, have everyone comment on it
Ya, once this becomes more work than....say...work, I'm outta here.

This should be fun!

Yep. Quattro should change our name to Funny Bus
More like back of the bus window lickers

Yep. Quattro should change our name to Funny Bus
More like back of the bus window lickers
:reported:

Whats the shattered laloon build out again?
th9

2Golem (1 from cc)

8wiz (can use less)

3wbs

3 hounds

Loons

zap jump rage rage
No cc lure with this, correct?
Typically, no. Zap target priority are 1)Witch 2)wiz 3)clump of archers miss the witch and things can go off the rails. Now that we know how to aim zaps there's really not a reason to pull cc unless the draw is a slam dunk, or you've seen the cc and it's a dragon so don't need a zap.

Whats the shattered laloon build out again?
th9

2Golem (1 from cc)

8wiz (can use less)

3wbs

3 hounds

Loons

zap jump rage rage
Um this isn't right.2 golems 3 hounds 16 loons 4 wiz 2 wb. If you don't need any wbs extra wiz

Spells good. If you have level 4 golems I suggest a cc hound. Above includes cc troops
I think the variables about whether you take more or less wiz has to do with the level of the queen. lower level queen needs more wiz backing her up. Taking a L20 queen in and she doesn't need tons of support.

cc golem vs hound i think I align with the gadhii perspective of whether the aa are covering eachother or they are spread out makes that call, also the relative level of the golem. Most of us have low golems so cc golem is nearly always the play.

freeannyong, you drive me a little nuts with this idea that there are one-size-fits-all, right and wrong unit comps for a certain type of attack. Every base is a snowflake.

freeannyong, you drive me a little nuts with this idea that there are one-size-fits-all, right and wrong unit comps for a certain type of attack. Every base is a snowflake.
Not saying there is one size fits all but what I posted is the starting point I would use for most bases. You adjust based on a number of facotrs: queen, ad level, ad placement, pathing etcIt was more what culd posted was much more camp spaces a th9 can support unless you only took 12 looms which I have never seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying there is one size fits all but what I posted is the starting point I would use for most bases. You adjust based on a number of facotrs: queen, ad level, ad placement, pathing etcIt was more what culd posted was much more camp spaces a th9 can support unless you only took 12 looms which I have never seen
Solution is th9.5. Solves that problem. 16 is plenty.

What's the verdict on kill squads? Are they still optimal for TH9's?

Seems far more efficient to kill anything that comes out of the CC with wizards, then send CC golem and heroes (w/ WBs or jump) to take out AQ.

After this war I'm going to have max gold, for not particular reason. What is the Reddit thinking de'jour about the best (i.e. most war-match-up efficient) defense to upgrade? AD?

Seems far more efficient to kill anything that comes out of the CC with wizards, then send CC golem and heroes (w/ WBs or jump) to take out AQ.
as a th9 u can take ur own ks and take golem in cc, which is what i do. jnox uses wizzies efficiently in this respect in honda. space wise i think wizzies have been a bit more efficient since 2 witches = 6 wizzies and the witches usually need additional support. wizzies just need good positioning.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

as a th9 u can take ur own ks and take golem in cc, which is what i do. jnox uses wizzies efficiently in this respect in honda. space wise i think wizzies have been a bit more efficient since 2 witches = 6 wizzies and the witches usually need additional support. wizzies just need good positioning.
Wizards are great if you know that you're just facing archers and wizards. Easy to bunch them up and kill with 2 wiz and a few barch. Not so easy when it's a drag or a witch.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

Wizards are great if you know that you're just facing archers and wizards. Easy to bunch them up and kill with 2 wiz and a few barch. Not so easy when it's a drag or a witch.
Drags aren't a big threat as long as your queeen doesn't jump right in the core and get killt before you use the ability. Even a L5 queen can take down a max drag.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

Drags aren't a big threat as long as your queeen doesn't jump right in the core and get killt before you use the ability. Even a L5 queen can take down a max drag.
But that means burning her ability which you may very well need to get the opposing AQ.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

But that means burning her ability which you may very well need to get the opposing AQ.
king gets queen

queen gets the cc/aa/storages/walls/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

I never have a problem killing CC witches, especially since they lag behind the rest of their group, they're actually the easiest to gank with a single wizard. I do it all the time.

I killed a max dragon and a lava hound just this past war with wizards. 212 kill squads would be helpless against a dragon without wizards or AQ for backup.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

I never have a problem killing CC witches, especially since they lag behind the rest of their group, they're actually the easiest to gank with a single wizard. I do it all the time.

I killed a max dragon and a lava hound just this past war with wizards. 212 kill squads would be helpless against a dragon without wizards or AQ for backup.
The dragon chases the skeletons.

You do seem to do fine doing it your way though. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
EYLive said:

I always have a ##### of a time if there are buildings in the area when using wiz to take out a dragon. Bastards always target the buildings...

FBG50 was a success I thought. We drew a easy target, but there was a wide diversity of bases to hit that seemed to suit everyone.

One thing about the 50 war is the stakes were a little lower. At 25/30/35/40 each attack counts quite a bit more. You blow a couple raids in a 35 and the clan has half a clue and you are in the weeds.

Didn't run the weights, but both times we broke maxTH9 at about 22-25 which was comfortably in range for our 9.5 to mop up the TH9 as needed. Only drew at most 3 TH8 which I thought was unusual considering occasionally we draw up to 8 as a 35 person clan. I expected to see in the 10-12 TH8 base count.

It got a little chaotic at times, but a good chaos.

I didn't have a great war in the mix of this, but several did. It goes in cycles and alot of us (myself included) are still coming to grips of timing and deployment on the heavy bases.

FBG50 was a success I thought. We drew a easy target, but there was a wide diversity of bases to hit that seemed to suit everyone.

One thing about the 50 war is the stakes were a little lower. At 25/30/35/40 each attack counts quite a bit more. You blow a couple raids in a 35 and the clan has half a clue and you are in the weeds.

Didn't run the weights, but both times we broke maxTH9 at about 22-25 which was comfortably in range for our 9.5 to mop up the TH9 as needed. Only drew at most 3 TH8 which I thought was unusual considering occasionally we draw up to 8 as a 35 person clan. I expected to see in the 10-12 TH8 base count.

I didn't have a great war in the mix of this, but several did. It goes in cycles and alot of us (myself included) are still coming to grips of timing and deployment on the heavy bases.
Agreed - was fun.

Thanks to the Honda guys for coming over and getting us to 50 - you are all welcome back any time.

Hope to do it again. First week of every month would be cool - or something like that.

To consistently make 50 it's going to be hard unless we have 50 non alts and just have alts and global randoms on standby as people come and go.

A more realistic objective might be 45 with the stretch to hit 50 if we are even remotely close.

I HATE 45 person wars, but I feel like we are able to at least give it a run now and see if it's still as hard as it was.

Agreed - was fun.

Thanks to the Honda guys for coming over and getting us to 50 - you are all welcome back any time.

Hope to do it again. First week of every month would be cool - or something like that.
+1

Very fun to have the new/old personalities back in the fray together. I do appreciate the Honda guys "throwing" some attacks as well to make us feel better and realize we are all human! :lmao: Thanks for sticking with the plan even when that initial "new clan" plan went down the toilet. :toilet:

We will definitely have to do this again!

Agreed - was fun.

+1

Very fun to have the new/old personalities back in the fray together. I do appreciate the Honda guys "throwing" some attacks as well to make us feel better and realize we are all human! :lmao: Thanks for sticking with the plan even when that initial "new clan" plan went down the toilet. :toilet:

We will definitely have to do this again!
Agreed as it was fun. Nice to see the wide variety of attacks. Next time I'll have skulls so I won't be a one trick pony.

Next time we will try to limit our throws...don't want to inflate the ego too much :)

I got sucked into this at work, and now am at TH8. I figure I'll camp in here and see if I can glean some tips here and there, as just making a bunch of dragons and rolling enemies when I was TH7 no longer seems to work. I think easy mode is over. I really stink, now.

I got sucked into this at work, and now am at TH8. I figure I'll camp in here and see if I can glean some tips here and there, as just making a bunch of dragons and rolling enemies when I was TH7 no longer seems to work. I think easy mode is over. I really stink, now.
Get hogs to L4 asap.

Is your COC name Butkus?

Get hogs to L4 asap.
Ok, I'll start working on them. I have them at 2 now.

Get hogs to L4 asap.
Then expect heartache and pain for the next 3 months.
Oh no... I'm afraid to ask why... but why?

Users who are viewing this thread