What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

TH9s....here's a video that I found that I wanted to pass on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQu1xMO4Png

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Getting the backside loons/hogs out quick is critical. Since you won't have any spells you want to leverage any tanking your kill team is providing your loons to buy them time to get to their targets. Basically as soon as you have the CC out and engaged send your backside. Don't wait for the dragon or whatever to be dead, if they don't die from the kill team you are ####ed anyways so rushing that component is more ideal.

I would caution to make sure you have your queen phased over with IF the queen or CC is still alive. If they are aggro to the queen and then you phase her and they drop the aggro you could see them turn around and hit your backside loons/hounds.
Your first part was a good lesson for me to learn today. Can you explain the bolded? In simple terms. Say to someone that isn't great with computers and is over 40.

"Have your queen phased over the "IF" the queen'? Is IF an acronym for something or typo?

Thanks

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Getting the backside loons/hogs out quick is critical. Since you won't have any spells you want to leverage any tanking your kill team is providing your loons to buy them time to get to their targets. Basically as soon as you have the CC out and engaged send your backside. Don't wait for the dragon or whatever to be dead, if they don't die from the kill team you are ####ed anyways so rushing that component is more ideal.

I would caution to make sure you have your queen phased over with IF the queen or CC is still alive. If they are aggro to the queen and then you phase her and they drop the aggro you could see them turn around and hit your backside loons/hounds.
Your first part was a good lesson for me to learn today. Can you explain the bolded? In simple terms. Say to someone that isn't great with computers and is over 40.

"Have your queen phased over the "IF" the queen'? Is IF an acronym for something or typo?

Thanks
Lets say you get your queen in the core with her ability BUT the enemy queen and/or dragon are still alive. In the situation where you phase your queen and also have your hounds and loons dropped already there is a chance that the queen and dragon now exit the area and lock on to your air raid portion because when you phase the queen she is invisible to defensive troops and they go look for another target and the closest target might be your air raid behind it.

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!

Thanks
Lets say you get your queen in the core with her ability BUT the enemy queen and/or dragon are still alive. In the situation where you phase your queen and also have your hounds and loons dropped already there is a chance that the queen and dragon now exit the area and lock on to your air raid portion because when you phase the queen she is invisible to defensive troops and they go look for another target and the closest target might be your air raid behind it.
Ahhh ok. Good advice. Thanks

FBGs... We organize the rest of this war we can win here. We are in good shape.

4 5 6 - VA Smack Jamie

10 13 15 16 - Zub Matt

We have the following on standby for backup or th9 duty. Sml tam fudd Scott BB.

Matt zub need you guys to attack ASAP

sounds good. in other news I think you can only have 1 cauldron at a time. just farmed the first one waiting for second to pop up next to my tombstone :nerd:

https://youtu.be/nOMlQeylYc4

Chief Pat finally goes off on clashcon. Could tell at the time he was embarrassed for it all. He's their #1 mouthpiece for the masses with nearly half the user base of the game or more on sub.
Goes off? Really? He just explained why it is hard to get the best clans/players and he doesn't know what the solution is.
How about start with a clan that wars and doesn't gowipe. Maybe? There are a few. What's sad is they didn't adjust after the first 3 or 4 of these events. It gives the perception that high level gameplay isn't really a priority. Especially when you have panelists like molt and yessiac.

Chief Pat finally goes off on clashcon. Could tell at the time he was embarrassed for it all. He's their #1 mouthpiece for the masses with nearly half the user base of the game or more on sub.
Goes off? Really? He just explained why it is hard to get the best clans/players and he doesn't know what the solution is.
How about start with a clan that wars and doesn't gowipe. Maybe? There are a few. What's sad is they didn't adjust after the first 3 or 4 of these events. It gives the perception that high level gameplay isn't really a priority. Especially when you have panelists like molt and yessiac.
I would have invited all the TWCs. All expenses paid, stipend, whatever it took. If they turned it down, I would monitor their accounts for cheating and ban those that did. The ones that showed up would play and give legitimacy to the top tier of war clans. Everyone wins! Except the cheaters.

I would have invited all the TWCs. All expenses paid, stipend, whatever it took. If they turned it down, I would monitor their accounts for cheating and ban those that did. The ones that showed up would play and give legitimacy to the top tier of war clans. Everyone wins! Except the cheaters.
Not sure why you need TWC representation. MWC would be plenty. Honestly they need two "weight classes" so to speak.

There's very little thought given that major TWCs don't mod, most are quite open about it.

In a dream world I would set it up with

10 9 9 9 8. Taking 5 people from

-rwcs

-oh

-whf

-north

If only English and had 4 more (I got no idea about Asians and I'm sure they have some)

-KARA

-dragonrejects

-cold September

-rwcs 2nd entry

Plan a high level war attack in 20 minutes and do your attack in front of a live audience. Report back with the results.

What is needed for healers/archers to occupy a hound?
pull hound

lure to corner via archer

drop healer behind lone archer

when healing begins proceed with attack
14 for healer

4~ arch to get to the corner

5 to pop CC.

Is it worth doing? Do you lose 6 wiz to a hound?
I was thinking about trying this with my attack tonight but have similar concerns. Plus the time to lure is spent which is sometimes crucial for cleanup. On the plus, my kill squad wouldn't be tied up with the CC and I wouldn't need to burn the queen's ability or a rage to handle the CC. Also, I can save my poison for any potential skeleton traps (If I'm running a hog variant).

Those pups can ruin a hog attack though. I've been successful dropping poison on the pups after the hound pops, but I do like to save poison for the larrys if there are skelly traps. I feel a GOHO attack is vulnerable to the skeletons without poison available.

I've also planned an attack to avoid popping the hound but that is a challenge, esp if the queen locks the hound. I feel there is an element of luck in this strategy.

Plan a high level war attack in 20 minutes and do your attack in front of a live audience. Report back with the results.
That clearly has to change. Not sure why you can't give an hour of prep. Stagger start times so there are always action

What is needed for healers/archers to occupy a hound?
pull houndlure to corner via archer

drop healer behind lone archer

when healing begins proceed with attack
14 for healer

4~ arch to get to the corner

5 to pop CC.

Is it worth doing? Do you lose 6 wiz to a hound?
I was thinking about trying this with my attack tonight but have similar concerns. Plus the time to lure is spent which is sometimes crucial for cleanup. On the plus, my kill squad wouldn't be tied up with the CC and I wouldn't need to burn the queen's ability or a rage to handle the CC. Also, I can save my poison for any potential skeleton traps (If I'm running a hog variant).Those pups can ruin a hog attack though. I've been successful dropping poison on the pups after the hound pops, but I do like to save poison for the larrys if there are skelly traps. I feel a GOHO attack is vulnerable to the skeletons without poison available.

I've also planned an attack to avoid popping the hound but that is a challenge, esp if the queen locks the hound. I feel there is an element of luck in this strategy.
Well I sure wish I did...

Had about a dozen hogs left at the end who hit a BB and were left with little health. A half dozen pups left around destroyed them.

I apologize for going all Bucky in this war.

#1 tip I give people on hogs is once all hogs are out don't wait a half second to drop cleanup wiz. Too many times we people watching hogs for heals and wiz sit on the bench. Hogs. Wiz. Then heals.

That clearly has to change. Not sure why you can't give an hour of prep. Stagger start times so there are always action
Why does it have to change? Why can't this just be another format for CoC war? These could be five people from a clan versus five from another. Or they could fill like sit-n-go tourneys - as soon as 10 people are ready, it's on. Regardless, this general format will soon be available to everyone. It's as clear as could be, and it will require a different skill set than what we now have.

I could also see anything in between this and the current war format. Have clans sign up for an X-hour war. Matching would probably take longer, of course.

How about a format where everyone has the same level of base and same troops? How about air-only and ground-only formats? There are tons of possibilities.

#1 tip I give people on hogs is once all hogs are out don't wait a half second to drop cleanup wiz. Too many times we people watching hogs for heals and wiz sit on the bench. Hogs. Wiz. Then heals.
Except if you're saving a bunch of wiz for cleanup, your odds of getting 3* are going to seriously drop.

Nice post,

I've learned this through many mid 90% attacks with hogs. Get that cleanup crew out early and drop in areas where defenses are down. Now, I'll do hogs, wiz, heal, gobs, seems to be pretty effective.

Except if you're saving a bunch of wiz for cleanup, your odds of getting 3* are going to seriously drop.
Strongly disagree. The weakness of hog raids is there are no pups to clean #### up. If you don't pack clean wiz its gonna be a clock issue.

Strongly disagree. The weakness of hog raids is there are no pups to clean #### up. If you don't pack clean wiz its gonna be a clock issue.
And if you don't have enough wiz in your kill squad, you're not going to get AQ and CC.

And if you don't have enough wiz in your kill squad, you're not going to get AQ and CC.
Wiz are for funneling early and trash cleaning late. If a wiz kills a hero you've ####ed up

Wiz are for funneling early and trash cleaning late. If a wiz kills a hero you've ####ed up
No.

Releasing skulls in a line vs. in small clumps - when is each more appropriate?
depends what your goal is. 3 star strat is to target individual defenses. If you just care about getting a star in champs league, release in a line with minions following and a hound in front

depends what your goal is. 3 star strat is to target individual defenses. If you just care about getting a star in champs league, release in a line with minions following and a hound in front
Yeah, I'm talking a 3* war attack. I see people do both so I was just wondering why I see the big lines.

Yeah, I'm talking a 3* war attack. I see people do both so I was just wondering why I see the big lines.
wiz tower will eat up a clump of skulls

wiz tower will eat up a clump of skulls
yeah, in war, you have to target individual defenses. SMN is master of this. Harder than it looks

Against TH9 if not willing to put in the work to figure this out never drop a line. Just tap 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 around two sides of the base and watch where the loons target, a little red circle goes to where their first target is. Make sure when you drop you aren't going to send more than 3 to any one tower on the edge. You know this by watching the little red circles. 4 loons hit an exterior tower at the same time and you are probably ####ed before you even get started.

No.
What possibly could you mean by this? You can't possibly think you can get wiz reliably into the core on a kill squad and make this part of a plan?

culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
No.
What possibly could you mean by this? You can't possibly think you can get wiz reliably into the core on a kill squad and make this part of a plan?
Meaning that there are probably a hundred variables and that saying they are strictly for funnelling early or cleaning up is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread