What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Yeah this is sad. Probably freeze my account or just simply uninstall. Last game like this I put a ton of time i quit and never looked back. I simply don't think it will be possible to do earn enough to upgrade anything after the update.

Yeah this is sad. Probably freeze my account or just simply uninstall. Last game like this I put a ton of time i quit and never looked back. I simply don't think it will be possible to do earn enough to upgrade anything after the update.
:lmao:

Every.Single.Time.
Most likely I just quit raiding and ride out wars. I can't imagine how one could earn enough to get th11 cost upgrades. I mean earning elixer is going to be about impossible. Barch in silver is about the only option and that's boring as ####.

Every.Single.Time.
Haha, but he isn't alone saying that this time.

Getting >70% on a th10 is nearly impossible. Maybe you get the new hero at th10? It certainly doesn't look good right now.

If anyone wants a hogging lesson, stop into FBGS for a bit. We are getting raped worse than a chick that says no to Kobe. Almost (will be all soon) all of our TH9 3* by their TH9. Standard build for them is:

3 Golem

12 Wiz

20-22 Hogs

3 WB

1-3 Giant (not all use them)

1 Jump, 1 Rage, 2 Heal

They all have beefy heroes (20+) which helps but it really wouldn't matter much. WB the outside wall. Jump/Rage inside to get AQ and CC. Deploy hogs around edges.
6* war with this :excited: Slightly modified build but the same concept/spells. Smash outside wall with WB, jump into core, rage. Hogs round the outside. Can really hold off on the first heal as all the fire is on the troops in the middle.

12 Wiz

16 hogs

2 witches

4 WB

2 Golem

1 CC Golem
4 for 5 with this and the fail was still 75% 2*. Gold Jerry, gold!
How are you deploying your hogs inn this attack? 4-5 at a time in a few different places or bigger clumps?

Maybe I'll just get a bluestacks script bot to barch for me in bronze while at work. They ban me who gives a ####.

So much overreaction before the updates even hits.

If it's going to be so hard to keep loot then surely it will be easier to get it.

:confused:

So much overreaction before the updates even hits.

If it's going to be so hard to keep loot then surely it will be easier to get it.

:confused:
Based on what?

Getting 70% is hard on a th10 in war. Let alone just farming. They killed masters champs for good. That's probably half my g/e profit right there. Maybe more.

Gibarch and straight barch in low leagues is all that's left

If anyone wants a hogging lesson, stop into FBGS for a bit. We are getting raped worse than a chick that says no to Kobe. Almost (will be all soon) all of our TH9 3* by their TH9. Standard build for them is:

3 Golem

12 Wiz

20-22 Hogs

3 WB

1-3 Giant (not all use them)

1 Jump, 1 Rage, 2 Heal

They all have beefy heroes (20+) which helps but it really wouldn't matter much. WB the outside wall. Jump/Rage inside to get AQ and CC. Deploy hogs around edges.
6* war with this :excited: Slightly modified build but the same concept/spells. Smash outside wall with WB, jump into core, rage. Hogs round the outside. Can really hold off on the first heal as all the fire is on the troops in the middle.

12 Wiz

16 hogs

2 witches

4 WB

2 Golem

1 CC Golem
4 for 5 with this and the fail was still 75% 2*. Gold Jerry, gold!
How are you deploying your hogs inn this attack? 4-5 at a time in a few different places or bigger clumps?
All at once on a single target. With the initial ground group going in, they clear the vast majority of the core, one whole side and part of another. The hogs then have a clear path around the other two sides. I've stuck to hitting old school bases (old / new)so far which really helps.

Every.Single.Time.
Haha, but he isn't alone saying that this time. Getting >70% on a th10 is nearly impossible. Maybe you get the new hero at th10? It certainly doesn't look good right now.
Yeah I'm far from an alarmist re COC updates but this is devastating.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
sartre said:
Bucky86 said:
If they make it that much more difficult to farm enough DE to upgrade these heroes then I don't see myself playing much longer. I don't mind losing 2500 knowing that if i put in an hour or two of work and I can make more than enough back. But if its anyway possible to be hit for 2500 2 or 3 times in a row then #### that.
Can your DE storage be taken without the attacker destroying at least 30%?

That is the only way you could get hit for 2500 multiple times consecutively.
They also have to deploy 50% of troops. Again, this is probably a small point and not really a concern.
If someone can take your DE storage without taking 30% of the base and without using 50% of their troops, then you deserve to have your DE taken. And I mean all of your DE.

Seems to me the casual player will be boosted significantly by not losing his shield by attacking once. It is often that I have 8+ hours on a shield but only 10-15 minutes available. In the past, I wouldn't search for a base to hit, but I would under the new rules. Then I can remember to get another raid in near the end of my shield, so that's two attacks when I used to only get one.
You seem very angry, and this seems almost personal to you.

I'm sorry, buddy.
Okay :unsure:

Every.Single.Time.
Haha, but he isn't alone saying that this time. Getting >70% on a th10 is nearly impossible. Maybe you get the new hero at th10? It certainly doesn't look good right now.
Eek. When some of the ppl that bash culdeus for overreaction start agreeing with him.....I take note.

:scared:

Here's a crazy thought. How about reserve judgement and wait and see what the game play is like after the update drops? More information coming so no reason to flip out and uninstall just yet Culd.

When this update drops, everyone needs to have their goblin army ready to hit exposed town halls. It will be glorious until the people not paying attention figure out a change has been made.

Here's a crazy thought. How about reserve judgement and wait and see what the game play is like after the update drops? More information coming so no reason to flip out and uninstall just yet Culd.
There's gameplay and farming mechanics. They've hit every single farming mechanic there is. Short of dropping cost of troops there's no way this isn't the worst update since the great hero nerf.

I still can't get over their "huge increase in loot" to mean 2 minions if you 70% a th at your own level.

I have 2 of those in my log and I raid fairly strong aqwalk loonian.

There's gameplay and farming mechanics. They've hit every single farming mechanic there is. Short of dropping cost of troops there's no way this isn't the worst update since the great hero nerf.
And how has that worked out? Did everyone throw in the towel and say #### it? Or did gameplay adapt to take into account the changes and now it bothers no one. I'd argue the AI changes to wb's have had more of an impact than the hero change. Big fan of your work culd :thumbup:

And we don't know what either of those will look like until the update drops. But hey, continue ranting!

And how has that worked out? Did everyone throw in the towel and say #### it? Or did gameplay adapt to take into account the changes and now it bothers no one. I'd argue the AI changes to wb's have had more of an impact than the hero change. Big fan of your work culd :thumbup:
Well they refunded by some estimates over 600,000 USD in gems for the hero nerf. Very few of us were impacted by it except to basically hold us at 5/5 10/10 for far longer than we should have since they slowly reversed the changes.

What people are missing is even if they drop some epic new stuff to balance th10 nobody will be able to farm it out. God help us all if they add camps to th11.

What people are missing is even if they drop some epic new stuff to balance th10 nobody will be able to farm it out. God help us all if they add camps to th11.
What's the chance they drop the cost of some of this stuff? I've always thought having to essentially max out storages for every upgrade at th10 was a bit excessive. And for the love of God & all things holy, cut the cook time on troops!

Every.Single.Time.
Eek. When some of the ppl that bash culdeus for overreaction start agreeing with him.....I take note. :scared:
Yeah. I don't care about any of this really other than the loot bonus dropping based on percentage of the base destroyed. My farming army is usually lucky to hit 50% in champs. I live off the bonus. Maybe they'll dramatically increase the bonuses to compensate but that change concerns me.

Every.Single.Time.
Eek. When some of the ppl that bash culdeus for overreaction start agreeing with him.....I take note. :scared:
Yeah. I don't care about any of this really other than the loot bonus dropping based on percentage of the base destroyed. My farming army is usually lucky to hit 50% in champs. I live off the bonus. Maybe they'll dramatically increase the bonuses to compensate but that change concerns me.
They cut the bonuses for every league lower than champs1. The only real raises were in titans.

At CIII, we're talking a 20% decrease in league bonus as the worst case since you're going to be gunning for the 50%.

And then the CIII league bonus increased by ~11% for Gold and Elixir, but didn't at all for DE (I'll ignore the ~1% increase or whatever).

So yeah, that sucks for DE in CIII, but gold/elix seems negligible.

I am curious what the league bonus is in CII and above.

I wonder if they put these "Sneak Peeks" out a few weeks in advance to give all the nerds time to adjust their spreadsheets and debate it.

:hey: :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread