What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

If you want to join up and see a couple replays from a previous war of ours, let me know your trophy count and I'll open the doors.
Yeah, that'd be great. I need to hit fairly soon (got plans later) so let me know - what's the clan name? Trophies are around 2250

MindCrime - I think I get what you're saying. but I have two concerns with that (but you tell me what you think here, like I said, I suck at these). 

1) starting the queen at 3, won't she get picked up by that inferno and wrecked?

2) I get jumping everyone in at 5 then valks behind, but it seems like unless i clear the entire south side (basically a V from one inferno to the other), won't the valks just circle?

Also, cliff, or anyone who wants to help, after I join you guys and jump back, maybe one or both of you could pop into my clan  for a sec and watch my first attack this war, which I thought was a solid plan, and sucked badly. Give me some pointers/etc.? Just let me know, no problem either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, cliff, or anyone who wants to help, after I join you guys and jump back, maybe one or both of you could pop into my clan  for a sec and watch my first attack this war, which I thought was a solid plan, and sucked badly. Give me some pointers/etc.? Just let me know, no problem either way.
Doors open. Search fbgs.  L13 about 48 members. Use fbgs in your request. 

I'm gone for the night shortly but can send my alt account over to war with you guys for a bit if ya want. 

Been having a good time in CWL.  The game is super chill for TH11, dips for days, that's it and just joke around.  

Our clan is struggling alot.  We are smoking good clans mid-week but the weekend comes and #### just falls apart.  TH10 game is so hard now.  I feel for the guys.  

Just merged in with Pidgeonism so we have a full time streamer on board which is wild.  I've had wars on twitch before, but never had literally all of them on stream.  I've gotten on the voice chat a few times as well.

As a TH10 I've pretty much stopped playing for the past 2 months. Occasionally I'll pop in to collect resources and re-activiate my traps. Just hasn't been fun and don't really feel like grinding another level.
TH10 is in a really bad spot right now.  TH9 is fun, TH11 is fun.  

TH10 you either try and 2 star TH11 or fail hardcore trying to 3 a TH10.  

I'd like to have a TH9.   You can get them for about 70 bucks.  If I can find one for 50 I'd probably do it.  Just to have a few more attacks in war that sort of matter.

I'm finally making the jump to TH10.  Maxed out everything but heroes (AQ29/BK25).  Just ran out of places to put gold & elixir with walls done and it was just time.

My war attacks have been atrocious lately and I'm losing a desire to play.  Hoping the new toys at 10 will make it fun again.

Curious to know thoughts on adding Infernos and the 3rd Xbow.  Wait and focus on troops first, or go ahead and do a balanced approach?

I'm finally making the jump to TH10.  Maxed out everything but heroes (AQ29/BK25).  Just ran out of places to put gold & elixir with walls done and it was just time.

My war attacks have been atrocious lately and I'm losing a desire to play.  Hoping the new toys at 10 will make it fun again.

Curious to know thoughts on adding Infernos and the 3rd Xbow.  Wait and focus on troops first, or go ahead and do a balanced approach?
Pro-tip: Skip TH10 and go directly to TH11. 

If you're losing the desire at TH9, TH10 will crush your soul.

Building D really depends on how your clan is setup. With a lot of heavy TH11s and TH10s, build it all. If you're the only TH10, maybe hold off.

Pro-tip: Skip TH10 and go directly to TH11. 

If you're losing the desire at TH9, TH10 will crush your soul.

Building D really depends on how your clan is setup. With a lot of heavy TH11s and TH10s, build it all. If you're the only TH10, maybe hold off.
Tend to agree. From TH9 to TH11 you can be pretty relevant in war on dips in about 2 months.  To be relevant as a TH10 you are looking at a year or more.

The other option would be to sell your current account and buy a medium to well developed 10 or 11.  11s right now are cheaper than 10s because all the fair play clans are getting 10 heavy and none of them want to wait on heroes, plus they are simply rarer.  11s are about 175 to 200 and 10s are 200 to 250 depending on name changes.  9s are 100-150 but without a name change looking at like 75. 

A super super max 11 will be like 325 though.  The arabs all buy them for pushing.

Tend to agree. From TH9 to TH11 you can be pretty relevant in war on dips in about 2 months.  To be relevant as a TH10 you are looking at a year or more.

The other option would be to sell your current account and buy a medium to well developed 10 or 11.  11s right now are cheaper than 10s because all the fair play clans are getting 10 heavy and none of them want to wait on heroes, plus they are simply rarer.  11s are about 175 to 200 and 10s are 200 to 250 depending on name changes.  9s are 100-150 but without a name change looking at like 75. 

A super super max 11 will be like 325 though.  The arabs all buy them for pushing.
Makes me want to sell my base.  :shock:

Let me see.... 

$325-$150 that I put into this game= $175. 4 years of play. $44 / year.  Nah... I'd hate to do all this work just to see my base sitting in some Iranian clan.

Add everything as you normally would, concentrate on point defense first, don't upgrade mortars or small bombs and drop infernos at the very last. Up to you when you drop 3rd xbow, think I did it about halfway through th10, upgraded all point D first.

This is what i did but the recommendations from others will probably differ. Really depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep war weight low as long as possible, see above. Dropping infernos rockets you up the charts for war weight and if your other defense and offensive capabilities aren't up to speed you're going to get rolled and be a drag on the clan. Just ask Honda, I've been that boat anchor for them for about 3 years now :D #knowyourrole

Add everything as you normally would, concentrate on point defense first, don't upgrade mortars or small bombs and drop infernos at the very last. Up to you when you drop 3rd xbow, think I did it about halfway through th10, upgraded all point D first.

This is what i did but the recommendations from others will probably differ. Really depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep war weight low as long as possible, see above. Dropping infernos rockets you up the charts for war weight and if your other defense and offensive capabilities aren't up to speed you're going to get rolled and be a drag on the clan. Just ask Honda, I've been that boat anchor for them for about 3 years now :D #knowyourrole
None of that crap applies as a TH10.  It only works if you just skip TH10 entirely and get a warden.  Otherwise you are ####### useless for months, if not years.  The entire concept of war weight doesn't mean anything if the TH you are at can't 3 star at it's own level.  And that's where TH10 is at right now for all but the completely maxed hero TH10s.  So if you insist on going to TH10 just do whatever, because it doesn't really matter anyways and nobody really expects you to do anything but maybe 2 star a TH11 every so often.  

None of that crap applies as a TH10.  It only works if you just skip TH10 entirely and get a warden.  Otherwise you are ####### useless for months, if not years.  The entire concept of war weight doesn't mean anything if the TH you are at can't 3 star at it's own level.  And that's where TH10 is at right now for all but the completely maxed hero TH10s.  So if you insist on going to TH10 just do whatever, because it doesn't really matter anyways and nobody really expects you to do anything but maybe 2 star a TH11 every so often.  
It makes a big difference based on the clan makeup. In fbgs, it doesn't matter if you drop infernos asap because drawing an extra inferno base doesn't really matter. We have the beef up top to cover it. In Honda, which is predominantly TH9 (I think) and down, drawing an extra inferno base can be the difference between a win and a loss.

It makes a big difference based on the clan makeup. In fbgs, it doesn't matter if you drop infernos asap because drawing an extra inferno base doesn't really matter. We have the beef up top to cover it. In Honda, which is predominantly TH9 (I think) and down, drawing an extra inferno base can be the difference between a win and a loss.
I have no idea about any of that.  The CWL clans run for the most part a 6/20/X breakdown more or less and spin mid-week with the same BD.  So the concept of covering attacks doesn't really exist.  And TH9 are for the most part useless in that setup.  I would think if the intent is to make sure you have cover, then spinning with the most wardens as possible would make sense as being over matched on TH11 is usually a death sentence when thinking about just randomly spinning wars.

culdeus said:
Hard delete then?

Sorry Jayrod, skip TH10 and just go to TH11 then ask again. I'll hang up and listen :lmao:

Does it make sense to skip TH10 if you don't war?  I'm getting close to pulling the trigger to go to 10.
Kind of. Stay at TH10 till you get your standard farm troops upgraded (whichever those are for you). Then you can go to TH11 and farm Warden. Far easier to max out Warden than AQ or BK. But really depends on how you play the game.

Hard delete then?

Sorry Jayrod, skip TH10 and just go to TH11 then ask again. I'll hang up and listen :lmao:
I just don't see the appeal of being a TH10 for virtually any reason right now unless you are in a really hardcore war clan that searches with a breakdown that would prevent dips clearing 10s, and literally nobody does this but the CWL clans because that's the way they have to define skill and skill in this game right now is your 10v10 hitrate.

There's zero value in dipping 9s because 9 is clearing at a 70% hit rate, hitting up on TH11 for 2 stars is boring but really requires max heroes and a variety of max troops so that takes a ton of time to get to.

Dipping 10s from an 11 has some value.  It sure as hell beats just flogging away for a year and a half maybe getting one three star every other week on a #### base.

TLDR

TH11 - pretty fun right now as is

TH10 - AIDS and Ebola all rolled up in one package

TH9 - Meh.  

TH8 and below - Just shoot the lock off your wallet and buy a real base.

I just don't see the appeal of being a TH10 for virtually any reason right now unless you are in a really hardcore war clan that searches with a breakdown that would prevent dips clearing 10s, and literally nobody does this but the CWL clans because that's the way they have to define skill and skill in this game right now is your 10v10 hitrate.

There's zero value in dipping 9s because 9 is clearing at a 70% hit rate, hitting up on TH11 for 2 stars is boring but really requires max heroes and a variety of max troops so that takes a ton of time to get to.

Dipping 10s from an 11 has some value.  It sure as hell beats just flogging away for a year and a half maybe getting one three star every other week on a #### base.

TLDR

TH11 - pretty fun right now as is

TH10 - AIDS and Ebola all rolled up in one package

TH9 - Meh.  

TH8 and below - Just shoot the lock off your wallet and buy a real base.

Here are the 9v9 3-star success rates in the CWL leagues:

Invite

• Fresh hits: 60%
  • Cleanup hits: 64%
Premier

• Fresh hits: 57%
  • Cleanup hits: 58%
Rising

• Fresh hits: 53%
  • Cleanup hits: 52%
Lite

• Fresh hits: 51%
  • Cleanup hits: 52%
Here are the 10v10 3-star success rates in the CWL leagues:

Invite

• Fresh hits: 9%
  • Cleanup hits: 17%
Premier

• Fresh hits: 4%
  • Cleanup hits: 16%
Rising

• Fresh hits: 7%
  • Cleanup hits: 14%
Lite

• Fresh hits: 7%
  • Cleanup hits: 13%
Here are the 10v11 2-star success rates in the CWL leagues:

Invite: 47%
Premier: 39%
Rising: 39%
Lite: 34%

Yeah, that sounds about right.  I mean TH9 could just not exist right now in the CWL.  About all they matter for is the number of scouts they provide.  And the margin in which scouts matter is really minimal.  You really need a 10 to hit a 10 first to get enough idea of whether a plan is feasible.  Just a raw scout where you send 14 healers at a base or something doesn't get you far.  

All these advanced analytics is really sucking the fun out of an already slow game.
Wait until the mega huge nothing ever done like this before update coming this month that will absolutely revolutionize the game. Joe must be involved, it's all about a boat :thumbup:

In the meantime, get some sleep and work on the Boom Beach attacks, TIA

Wait until the mega huge nothing ever done like this before update coming this month that will absolutely revolutionize the game. Joe must be involved, it's all about a boat :thumbup:

In the meantime, get some sleep and work on the Boom Beach attacks, TIA
I SAID I WAS SORRY!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!?!?!? :cry:

Fully maxed TH9 with permanently full storages and have never had more fun with the game.  No resource grinding, finally have a reliable war attack and regular LOLs from my farm base defenses.  Couldn't pay me to hit the button to TH10.

Fully maxed TH9 with permanently full storages and have never had more fun with the game.  No resource grinding, finally have a reliable war attack and regular LOLs from my farm base defenses.  Couldn't pay me to hit the button to TH10.
Not even $250 Iranian bucks? How about 10,000 RUPEES!!???!!?

Update will come 5/16

One of the youtubers in our clan network is currently in Helsinki.  Apparently they are allowed to tell the release date.

I don't really keep up with the reddit stuff or forums stuff anymore so if that's already well public information, sorry.  Didn't see it posted here.

I've almost maxed out my th10, including walls and upgrades.  About two more weeks.   Heroes will only be at 36/37 though.  It took a full year.  

I'm guessing th11 isn't near as long given most of the heavy lifting on walls is gone and many unit upgrades have been maxed.

we soldier on.

Damn, can't believe you guys are still playing this thing.

I replaced this with Contest of Champions and am wondering if I made the right call. Fired up my base again recently, lot of new stuff = lots of work to do on it. 

Users who are viewing this thread