What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Anyone still around here that is running Honda? After CWL we are in need of a 24 prep for a friendly war to get some bases set hoping you guys can help. 

On the other hand @rascal did you hang it up? 

Thanks @beer 30 let me know if we can get that setup for next week.

All good rascal. I'm just clearing out some room so just send me a PM if you do come back and need the door open. 

Thanks @beer 30 let me know if we can get that setup for next week.

All good rascal. I'm just clearing out some room so just send me a PM if you do come back and need the door open. 

I see clandescence is gone. I was never a fan of that guy, he was the reason I left and started my own. Piper, Jayrod, and Ace came over with me.  Piper and Ace still play as well. I Animator, who was part of fbgs, is also inactive and not with fbgs currently. 
Back at you. Think Jester showed you the door. 

I remember being part of all those clans. I also remember a lot of people being jerks.

I wonder how many players in our clans cheated. I had my suspicions.

I remember being part of all those clans. I also remember a lot of people being jerks.

I wonder how many players in our clans cheated. I had my suspicions.
When it was rocking & rolling and cheating was a big thing, I always wondered how & why for part time players. Seemed pretty ####### elaborate just to win a few matches. I realize the money was getting stupid but still, damn.

I'd be interested to know if anyone was cheating more just to find out how they did it.

When it was rocking & rolling and cheating was a big thing, I always wondered how & why for part time players. Seemed pretty ####### elaborate just to win a few matches. I realize the money was getting stupid but still, damn.

I'd be interested to know if anyone was cheating more just to find out how they did it.
How? First it was bootloaded or jailbroken apps that took the host element device side.  Xmod was the biggest at the time.  That's what was favored by China side, and was mostly ubiquitous on android and the emulators for a very long time.  IMod was jailbroken specific and had more or less the same functionality.  

Then later for wars it got far more complex.  Since detection was available the mods went to a host side only operation that made detection nearly impossible. Xmod took this on, but the issue was they got sloppy and changed some game elements to facilitate this while Imod and a few other home brew ones did not.  So the ban waves started coming down for the clans that didn't have hackers that knew what elements went where and how to silo them from the game itself.  That caught up a lot of the "mod free clan leagues" as there was no coding base infrastructure support for many of them.

"Clean" clans would for a time have burner accounts that would get the game element data (quickly) and take take a ban, or not if they were lazy. This led in small part to some of the bigger known clans to get clan war bans for 30-60 days ( I sort of forget the duration)

As to how, the main issue this game had for cheating is that you are engaged in the game for 2? I sort of forget?  minutes.  In that time you have to do things with very low latency, so the game elements (traps, clan castle) is all loaded in the first few seconds to your device.  Then the game is played on your device, and the results uploaded to the game server when the attack finishes.  

It's been more or less 4 years I think since I quit playing, whatever exploits are still present are going to exploit that.  I tried at times to run in clans that would at least make an attempt to keep the matches to clean players, but odds were every clan had at least a few that were modding in some capacity either with an alternate account or their own.  If I tend to recall towards the end they let you for all intents run practice runs versus enemy bases, but I forget how they managed that for wars.  I'm not sure where my account went or if it's active.  I've lost contact with anyone I used to play with.  Like anything the game and the people involved became somewhat toxic and/or stale.  

I don't think I could really get back into a game now where you really only have 6 meaningful interactions in 7 days with the game, for something that took so much time just to maintain.  I'm surprised something hasn't come along to improve on this and create a more realistic multiplayer environment with people's shorter attention spans.  

Hi there @culdeus.  They have done a ton for that engagement.  The HUGE thing now is 1 hour wars that are 5v5 with 1 hit per person.  The top level team are running 3/4 of these per day in a bunch of tournaments that have prize pools. It took quite a while to get there after the introduction of friendly wars, but the days of 24 hour wars for competitive play has been dead for about a year now.

ESL is running a world championship with this format and it has a 1 million dollar prize. Those live ESL events are 100% fair play as you use an ESL device and you have an ESL rep shadowing you at all times.

Hi there @culdeus.  They have done a ton for that engagement.  The HUGE thing now is 1 hour wars that are 5v5 with 1 hit per person.  The top level team are running 3/4 of these per day in a bunch of tournaments that have prize pools. It took quite a while to get there after the introduction of friendly wars, but the days of 24 hour wars for competitive play has been dead for about a year now.

ESL is running a world championship with this format and it has a 1 million dollar prize. Those live ESL events are 100% fair play as you use an ESL device and you have an ESL rep shadowing you at all times.
Oh wow had no idea any of that happened. 

A lot of this action gets shown on Twitch, so you can check it out if you want.

CWL is running qualifiers for their e-sports season 2, so there will be a lot of content for the next 3 days. These won't include the top tier teams but it is something.

Here is a video of one of the more recent finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVGwxHlM08&
I think the 5v5 has to help.  The player base that cared about competitive play was dwindling so fast with simple burnout and the cost to play at the higher levels both in time and money.  

Yeah it would appear that when I quit and later gave my account to someone, it then went inactive for a long period of time and is a dead TH11 that's been renamed and there is little chance I could ever get it back. RIP.  Even if I could it looks like there is like 1.5 years of farming? Ahead of it?  

It looks like pretty high level TH13 are about $100 and they range up to $200 at close to max.  

Yeah it would appear that when I quit and later gave my account to someone, it then went inactive for a long period of time and is a dead TH11 that's been renamed and there is little chance I could ever get it back. RIP.  Even if I could it looks like there is like 1.5 years of farming? Ahead of it?  

It looks like pretty high level TH13 are about $100 and they range up to $200 at close to max.  
And by purchasing an account it limits which high level tournaments/events you can take part in. Because they actually look at that stuff and enforce it now. Even your old account would get flagged since it was passed around.

But progressing is faster these days than when the game started. Just have a lot further to go now.

And by purchasing an account it limits which high level tournaments/events you can take part in. Because they actually look at that stuff and enforce it now. Even your old account would get flagged since it was passed around.

But progressing is faster these days than when the game started. Just have a lot further to go now.
Oh well.  I suppose that makes sense.  

I mean the issue was in the past is that clans needed to have a somewhat flexible roster of townhalls, so having a spare high level THXX to be able to match.  Towards the end there was tremendous difficulty talking anyone into jumping from TH9 to TH10 for example as it would put you out of competitive wars for the better part of 7?more? months.  So having spare max accounts to war with while you moved your main had value as well.  

The huge amount of forever TH9s was extremely frustrating at least to me.  That being said I'd make up to 6 TH9 hits a war towards the end and those were sort of fun at times.  I suppose that sort of down hitting isn't really ever needed if 5v5 has become the way forward.

Oh well.  I suppose that makes sense.  

I mean the issue was in the past is that clans needed to have a somewhat flexible roster of townhalls, so having a spare high level THXX to be able to match.  Towards the end there was tremendous difficulty talking anyone into jumping from TH9 to TH10 for example as it would put you out of competitive wars for the better part of 7?more? months.  So having spare max accounts to war with while you moved your main had value as well.  

The huge amount of forever TH9s was extremely frustrating at least to me.  That being said I'd make up to 6 TH9 hits a war towards the end and those were sort of fun at times.  I suppose that sort of down hitting isn't really ever needed if 5v5 has become the way forward.
Yes, they solved a lot of issues by getting a one hit/war format going (cheating), and then even more with a limited 5v5 format (war duration, stream-ability, TH flexibility). But it took a long time for the game to get there. Their biggest hurdle, IMO, is a long term issue: allowing access to the high level wars. 

Someone could be a really good player, but if they don't have a clean max THXX, they are SOL.

Yes, they solved a lot of issues by getting a one hit/war format going (cheating), and then even more with a limited 5v5 format (war duration, stream-ability, TH flexibility). But it took a long time for the game to get there. Their biggest hurdle, IMO, is a long term issue: allowing access to the high level wars. 

Someone could be a really good player, but if they don't have a clean max THXX, they are SOL.
Well that sucks gif.

I mean in hindsight the way things were going in 2017 was the wrong direction.  I hesitated just dumping my account, but it is what it is.  I find it hard to believe that migrating accounts between people over a period of what must be a decade now would be a sign of anything nefarious.  It's more likely elitism which ran rampant at some of the levels.  If an account hopped around between people nearly 3 years ago I fail to see how that represents risk.  

Well that sucks gif.

I mean in hindsight the way things were going in 2017 was the wrong direction.  I hesitated just dumping my account, but it is what it is.  I find it hard to believe that migrating accounts between people over a period of what must be a decade now would be a sign of anything nefarious.  It's more likely elitism which ran rampant at some of the levels.  If an account hopped around between people nearly 3 years ago I fail to see how that represents risk.  
I don't think it is elitism--I think it is SC not messing around with any potential underhandedness at the highest and most visible levels. 

And I should add that the hypothetical really good player does have a route to a clean max THXX--to purchase stuff in game to get there  :eek:

I don't think it is elitism--I think it is SC not messing around with any potential underhandedness at the highest and most visible levels. 

And I should add that the hypothetical really good player does have a route to a clean max THXX--to purchase stuff in game to get there  :eek:
lol, yeah no. 

=Smackdown= said:
Tam has a bunch of near max TH13's just laying around.
Ha... nah SMN gave me his account which I have farmed up to TH13 but that is it from that standpoint.  

Most the scanning account issues have stemmed from account sharing.  A LOT of pro players have had some of their accounts banned from ESL scans. If you do buy an account it is pretty safe if you don't enter it in ESL stuff. The tournaments run outside of ESL are not scanning accounts that in depth.

Ha... nah SMN gave me his account which I have farmed up to TH13 but that is it from that standpoint.  

Most the scanning account issues have stemmed from account sharing.  A LOT of pro players have had some of their accounts banned from ESL scans. If you do buy an account it is pretty safe if you don't enter it in ESL stuff. The tournaments run outside of ESL are not scanning accounts that in depth.
What are they doing to scan the account?  Are they checking it versus devices that play it?  

Yes, and I think they sprinkle in a bit of whatever location information they can pull as well.
I mean location information done proactively seems silly.  Forensically seems more realistic for their goals but nobody asks me.  If they gave a time window to clean up an account it would be useful. Otherwise what's the point?  I mean the game at times is great but sheesh who has time to grind more than an update anymore?

I mean location information done proactively seems silly.  Forensically seems more realistic for their goals but nobody asks me.  If they gave a time window to clean up an account it would be useful. Otherwise what's the point?  I mean the game at times is great but sheesh who has time to grind more than an update anymore?
It is forensic. They don't deep dive into accounts unless the account is in a major tournament. And at 5 accounts to a team, it is very doable.

It is forensic. They don't deep dive into accounts unless the account is in a major tournament. And at 5 accounts to a team, it is very doable.
Well, I mean in the sense that you let people play then do the analysis afterwards.  If you find the account passed off during the war then ban that account in the future.  

This assumes their goal is to keep people from sub hitting in big wars.  

Seems more things change more they stay the same, meta is basically either a Queen walk or charge open with a loon/hog back end.  Seems risk/reward tradeoff is still DPS/Health per camp space.

Queen routing issues seem to make/break raids still, and people tend to fail when they get over confident in the value they get from an Eagle's worth of camp space.  

There's alot more rock/paper/scissor when you can only hit one base once though.  

In any situation the way things are setup now is FAR more interesting than where it was 3 years ago just from engagement.  Sheesh.  

Selling my account.

TH L13
BK 65
AQ70
WARDEN 50
RC 19
697 gems

Name change not available. It's exactly the same as my screen name here. PM w offer if interested. 

Selling my account.

TH L13
BK 65
AQ70
WARDEN 50
RC 19
697 gems

Name change not available. It's exactly the same as my screen name here. PM w offer if interested. 

I'd be interested, but there seems no manner to compete at high levels with a traded account.  

I'm curious what this is valued at.  At PlayerUp it seems a true full max TH13 is worth about $200 retail so $150 to the player.  TH13 that has a little bit of work on heroes and walls and labs is around $100.  PlayerUp sometimes can vastly undervalue accounts that are more or less complete as a lot of people actually want a little bit of a grind.

Users who are viewing this thread