What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (11 Viewers)

It may not be long.  If RBL loses this weekend, I think he will be really close to getting sacked.

GGG's job got saved in second half of Honduras,  Lets hope Jesse has similar luck this weekend
The loss at Mainz was not great, but losing v Bayern, @ Wolfsburg, @ Man City really shouldn't get you fired.

The loss at Mainz was not great, but losing v Bayern, @ Wolfsburg, @ Man City really shouldn't get you fired.
It never helps the coach's case to stay but whom ever was responsible for the transfers should take some blame as well.  They sold a lot more quality than they bought this off season.   That is not the formula for a team that supposedly has high aspirations. 

Speaking of this age group, I know a ton of field players but I can't name a single keeper.  Does any one know who is near the top of the keepers in this U20 age group?
No idea if he's top, but Jeff Dewsnup is a 17 HG for SLC playing in the USL.  I don't know how the cutoffs will work, but the previous earliest shutout holder in the USL, Aaron Cervantes, is 19 and with Rangers now.   Cervantes is a '02, so I think he's qualifies, but don't know for sure.  How good either guy is, I don't know.

FWIW here is the 2019 U17 WC roster (which got motor boated in the WC).  Outside of Che, we still don't have anyone that's a bonafide CB (it looks like almost all the defenders on that roster have transitioned to fullbacks at this point and may have been outside backs even back then), so I don't really know how'd you really build a roster at this point.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/10/head-coach-raphael-wicky-names-usa-roster-for-2019-fifa-u17-world-cup-in-brazil
Are we talking about u17 males getting motor boated? 

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Thomas Tuchel: ""Christian Pulisic is in individual training and trying to come back as fast as possible to team training. He will not be in the squad."

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Thomas Tuchel: ""Christian Pulisic is in individual training and trying to come back as fast as possible to team training. He will not be in the squad."
Seems like he's on schedule then.  They assumed about a 10 day - 2 week layoff.  If he's individual training now, he'll likely be in team training early next week and maybe sees a sub appearance midweek?

Yikes.  

What does the lineup look like without these guys?

If Bundesliga goes this way, we're pretty hosed.
We played only one good half of soccer in the previous three qualifying games, and that came with out Steffen, Dest, Gio, Hoppe, Brooks, Sargent, Pulisc(mostly), and Weah being on the field, so it is not a lost cause imo.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
We played only one good half of soccer in the previous three qualifying games, and that came with out Steffen, Dest, Gio, Hoppe, Brooks, Sargent, Pulisc(mostly), and Weah being on the field, so it is not a lost cause imo.
What I've seen of Panama >>>>>>> Hon>>>>>>>>El Sal

Yikes.  

What does the lineup look like without these guys?

If Bundesliga goes this way, we're pretty hosed.
Left out of above is Musah could be missing for that game too

But assuming Bundesliga doesn't follow suit it's really not a big deal since we can pretty much call as many people as we want. We have significantly more depth than just about anyone else and we have foresight into this. 

Striker - Pepi, Gyasi, Pefok

Wings - KDF, Weah, Gio, Aaronson, Gioacchini, Nips (plenty of injury worries here but that's a pretty stout group) 

Mids - Adams, Weston, Acosta, DLT, Green, Llegett, Roldon, Jackson Yuell  :unsure:

FB - Bello, Vines, Scally, Yedlin, Cannon (worried about LB)

CB - Robinson, McKenzie, Brooks, Zimmerman, Sands (everyone called this last time is available except Ream)

Seems like no big deal really. Just a chance to rest a few guys as, even away, a side selected from this group should be favorites to Panama.  

FB - Bello, Vines, Scally, Yedlin, Cannon (worried about LB)
I think Vines may be out with some kind of injury.

That actually could work to our advantage, as it seems to almost force GGG to put Scally on the roster (along with Bello) for the flexibility to play LB.  All the others who have played LB anytime in the past couple of years would be unavailable: ARob, Dest, Vines and Ream.

When Richards was getting a bit of playing time for Bayern, I know they used him on the outside for a few games.  Was that ever on the left side?

I think Vines may be out with some kind of injury.
Yes, he is out for a few months.

I think we can scratch Gio as well based on what his coach recently said

“Gio Reyna is injured and will be out for the next few games. We hope that he will be back after the next international break.”

That actually could work to our advantage, as it seems to almost force GGG to put Scally on the roster (along with Bello) for the flexibility to play LB.  All the others who have played LB anytime in the past couple of years would be unavailable: ARob, Dest, Vines and Ream.
He also played Acosta there but yeah, options are limited.

May be interesting to see if he calls someone like Kevin Paredes who could have a Pepi-like moment because it isn't like the position is locked down. 

He also played Acosta there but yeah, options are limited.

May be interesting to see if he calls someone like Kevin Paredes who could have a Pepi-like moment because it isn't like the position is locked down. 
Well, Jedi seems to have locked it down...but obviously not if he's not there.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ned
Looks like Scally is increasing his resume today at LWB (and doing well from reports).   

Weah available as a sub today

Richards started as well today

Last edited by a moderator:
So who had Joe Scally in the pool for most minutes played in a top 5 Euro league this year?

:popcorn:

yeah, I know it won't last but wow are the minutes great so far for his first season in the Bundesliga.

update on Reyna

=============

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Sources tell CBS Sports that Borussia Dortmund were aiming for Gio Reyna (hamstring) to return for the Sept. 25 match against Gladbach but his return is "now delayed a bit."

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

I thought Josh Sargent was one of the better Norwich players today and he had some good moments. But after losing the first four games against tough teams, a 2-1 home loss to Watford is not a good sign for Norwich.

=====

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_lUu-gXIAoG9ir?format=jpg&name=large
I just watched Sarge's 70.@

Sciaretta's right. Sarge was lively and very involved in everything good Norwich did. Had some miscues...a couple of just not right traps off the chest and head in the box that could have lead to more with better touches. But otherwise did all of his usual good stuff- smartly timed runs into the channels, good combination play, great work ethic (was literally all over the field, up top switching from right left and center, but also helping on defense when needed), and actually created some chances off the dribble and pass. Had a couple of PK shouts (one maybe, the other no way) and otherwise looked good. Camera was on him a lot- a good sign for a forward.

Still just not quite explosive enough...not something I see changing, but maybe he'll better figure out how to use what he has at the pro level. He was able to beat defenders nicely a few times around the box, but would get muscled off or beaten to the ball. 

So how many points does GGG need to avoid being fired next round?
For me there are points and there's the team playing like horse####. Both were on display this threesome outside of one half. I'm ok with the horse#### if they get points. 

So I guess my answer is... All. All the points.

Users who are viewing this thread