What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (24 Viewers)

I woke up today with a bad feeling that with the covid issues getting worse both at home and abroad that we are likely to be missing a bunch of players for the January games.
I wasn't thinking that far ahead... I was thinking that leagues are going to start closing again. 

Chelsea have 3 unnamed 1st team players out with Covid, plus Kova. No idea if CP is one of them... but things are trending terribly.

I wasn't thinking that far ahead... I was thinking that leagues are going to start closing again. 

Chelsea have 3 unnamed 1st team players out with Covid, plus Kova. No idea if CP is one of them... but things are trending terribly.
He just had it not too long ago.  Would be really bad luck to get it again.

Pulisic is starting today.  In addition to the players Chelsea knew would be out, Lukaku, Havertz, Timo and Hudson-Odoi are all out.
Also, if those four are the COVID positive from yesterday, then it means they'll be unavailable likely through next weekend.  Pulisic will probably be getting a lot of game time in the next week and a half(assuming the EPL doesn't get postponed again).

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

Americans abroad

Pulisic 90 in Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Everton

Musah 88 (goal in 1st) in Valencia's 3-1 extra-time cup win at Arenteiro

Cannon 90 in Boavista's 5-1 cup win over Braga

McKenzie 90 in Genk's 4-2 win over Charleroi

Vines 90 in Antwerp's 4-2 win over Eupen

Got notification last night that I was selected to get 3 tickets to the Jan 27 game vs El Salvador in Columbus. Taking my wife and 15 year old soccer playing son. Never been to a USMNT game and am super excited.  Any pro tips from you all would be appreciated.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got notification last night that I was selected to get 3 tickets to the Jan 27 game vs SAN in Columbus. Taking my wife and 15 year old soccer playing son. Never been to a USMNT game and am super excited.  Any pro tips from you all would be appreciated.  
Congrats!  That game is an absolute must win against El Salvador so it should be a lot of fun.  No tips are needed, go and have a great time.  Wear red if possible and scream until you are hoarse :)

Got notification last night that I was selected to get 3 tickets to the Jan 27 game vs SAN in Columbus. Taking my wife and 15 year old soccer playing son. Never been to a USMNT game and am super excited.  Any pro tips from you all would be appreciated.  
Do you mean ELS?

The extra month break is killing me. I think I have every possible table outcome memorized depending on the results of the upcoming matches. 

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Berhalter said that among the newer players, Brooks Lennon and Henry Kessler have had good camps. He notes that Lennon will start at RB and that George Bello will start at LB vs. Bosnia. He also notes that before leaving camp, Kevin Paredes played as a winger.

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Berhalter said that among the newer players, Brooks Lennon and Henry Kessler have had good camps. He notes that Lennon will start at RB and that George Bello will start at LB vs. Bosnia. He also notes that before leaving camp, Kevin Paredes played as a winger.
Starting Bello over Jonathan Gomez?!? 
GGG could start a promising dual nat or trot Bello out again. He has done  a great job recruiting but this seems like a missed opportunity to me. 

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

A couple of other #USMNT lineup notes per Gregg Berhalter: -Jordan Morris is expected to start -Aaron Long is unlikely to play

Starting Bello over Jonathan Gomez?!? 
GGG could start a promising dual nat or trot Bello out again. He has done  a great job recruiting but this seems like a missed opportunity to me. 
Some one on twitter said Gomez left for Spain but I have not seen any one else say that so I don't know if it is true.  I guess we will see tomorrow.

Bosnia game at 8 tonight, FS1 and TUDN.

Looking at all those EPL postponed games, I scanned my channels just now for ANY games- Gold Cup final just heading into ET. :popcorn:

Looking at all those EPL postponed games, I scanned my channels just now for ANY games- Gold Cup final just heading into ET. :popcorn:
Bundisliga kicking off at 9:30 on ESPN+. 
Scally with another start while Richards and Adam are on the bench. 

The US won, guys.

Eta...and Miles looked offsides on his goal.  And prior to the buildup leading to that foul on Giocchini, looked like a PK shout for Mex with a couple players going in on a Mex player who of course went down like a cheap TJ hooker. No real replays of that. Or the Miles offsides possibility.

Bundisliga kicking off at 9:30 on ESPN+. 
Scally with another start while Richards and Adam are on the bench. 
Adams has not been starting since the coaching change.  But he is going to get a long run today as he already subbed in at the 7th minute due to an injury.

For those wondering why Dest did not dress today

======================

Barça Buzz

@Barca_Buzz

| OFFICIAL INJURY NEWS: Sergiño Dest has an overload in his adductor muscles. He is out of today's match and the evolution of the injury will mark his availability.

Hope Acosta is ok - don’t think the B&H guy had any intent but that was nasty.

ETA - red card for the Bosnian player for those not watching 

Users who are viewing this thread