What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (15 Viewers)

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: Chicago Fire have NOT received a bid from Wolverhampton for USYNT GK Gaga Slonina, despite rumors of a deal being "close". Wolves indeed among clubs seriously interested, but nothing close yet. Slonina, 18, expected to be most expensive teenage GK since Gigi Buffon.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: Chicago Fire have NOT received a bid from Wolverhampton for USYNT GK Gaga Slonina, despite rumors of a deal being "close". Wolves indeed among clubs seriously interested, but nothing close yet. Slonina, 18, expected to be most expensive teenage GK since Gigi Buffon.
Wolves are working on a deal to sign 18-year-old Chicago Fire goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina. Figure around £3m and Wolves face competition from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Chelsea. #wwfc

https://twitter.com/liamkeen_star/status/1528717851879739393?s=10&t=P3BWUVLEoFVIYiuIer3Icw

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

what, like since the 1950s?

I was just looking and that seems to be sort of accurate according to Transfermarket (well for as long as looked back).  Donnarumma never transferred as a U20 and most of the current big names seem to wait until they are 23-5.
thank you! wow... I stand corrected- figured it HAD to be the wrong Gigi. 

Gigi vs Gaga

And away we go.

Fabrizio tweeted that Pulisic will be meeting with Chelsea upper management.

Pulisic has just removed Chelsea FC from his instagram bio.....FWIW

yes.  It may just be recommendations from agents to show club you are serious about talks.
a quick news scan also pointed out that he changed his profile image from one wearing Chels kit to one without. same idea obviously could be in play.

but I don't know exactly how much bargaining ground he has with the club. he's been decent to good when healthy, but not dominant enough and sad to leave that Leicester sitter as the last taste in the teams mouth, or for a parting gesture... in spite of an uptick in numbers before then.

if he leaves... where would he go? who can afford the transfer fee and wages? that aside- who would be a good fit for him, while still at a high level? or does he have to go to a middling club to get more PT? the amount any team will have to pay for him, they'll need better results than he's given I'd think.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Some Paul Arriola stats this year after joining FC Dallas in a league-record trade of $2m GAM + incentives:

-25 chances created from open play, T-2nd in MLS

-3.82 xA, 3rd in MLS

-5 goals, T-14th in MLS

-6.19 non-pen xG + xA, 12th in MLS

On pace for his best career season.

a quick news scan also pointed out that he changed his profile image from one wearing Chels kit to one without. same idea obviously could be in play.

but I don't know exactly how much bargaining ground he has with the club. he's been decent to good when healthy, but not dominant enough and sad to leave that Leicester sitter as the last taste in the teams mouth, or for a parting gesture... in spite of an uptick in numbers before then.

if he leaves... where would he go? who can afford the transfer fee and wages? that aside- who would be a good fit for him, while still at a high level? or does he have to go to a middling club to get more PT? the amount any team will have to pay for him, they'll need better results than he's given I'd think.
I've been struggling with this.  CP would be a nailed on starter at all but the top 6(ish) PL clubs, but who could afford him and has a need?  Also, who is willing to commit to him with his injury history since coming to the PL?

With his injury woes do we (USMNT fans) really want him starting and playing 90' every PL match, plus some cup and possibly Europa matches?  Maybe he would be best served to stay at Chelski and play around half the available minutes in the fall, between PL, UEFA, and cups that would still be a lot of minutes.  

I don't know.  I'm torn on what I want for the kid.  I'm also pretty sure my thoughts won't play into the ultimate decision.  

I've been struggling with this.  CP would be a nailed on starter at all but the top 6(ish) PL clubs, but who could afford him and has a need?  Also, who is willing to commit to him with his injury history since coming to the PL?

With his injury woes do we (USMNT fans) really want him starting and playing 90' every PL match, plus some cup and possibly Europa matches?  Maybe he would be best served to stay at Chelski and play around half the available minutes in the fall, between PL, UEFA, and cups that would still be a lot of minutes.  

I don't know.  I'm torn on what I want for the kid.  I'm also pretty sure my thoughts won't play into the ultimate decision.  
Ftr, I'm happy with him staying. I liked the look of him as a 10 those last couple games. Ok if he doesn't play every minute.

Ftr, I'm happy with him staying. I liked the look of him as a 10 those last couple games. Ok if he doesn't play every minute.
I am as well.  I would like him to start more than not, but thinking about 'iron sharpens iron' he's in a great club.  Just need a good run of health, ideally his form is peaking come Mid November.  

Who has the money?  Juventus, Inter, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona, Real, City, Liverpool, Tottenham, ManU, and Arsenal are the only teams with guys making wages the same or higher than him.  They're also the only teams with the funds to get close to what CP's transfer money was 3 years ago.  I don't think any of them are better situations for him currently than Chelsea, even if they were willing to make the transfer.

Realistically?  I can see Chelsea letting him go for around €40-50M.  I know they're losing money there, but that's all in the past.  The new owner has to look at what his current product is worth and that's probably pretty accurate for CP.  If they're wanting to move players to bring in the guys that Tuchel wants, then I can see that happening easily.

As for Christian?  He's on £150k/week from what I can find.  That's about €175k/week.  He'll have to agree to drop that to €130k/week or so if he really wants more playing time.  I can see him willing to do that and I see a lot of teams interested at that point.  There are some teams looking to make a final push to UCL spots in the EPL like West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton, Wolves that I could see interested near that price point.  That's probably best case scenario for him.  He'd be an every game starter for a mid table team and if he could kick on, then he'd likely be able to get them into Europe and that'd be a win for both sides.  

I could also see Dortmund being interested in bringing him back.  They've done it with players in the past and I think they'd be open at the right price.  Bayern too for that matter.  They were interested 3 years ago.  I can see them still interested.  I've heard rumors of Juventus, but that's likely just rumors.  Who knows.  I kinda agree that fighting and earning a spot at Chelsea is what I'd like to see him do, but that might not be a possibility either.

Who has the money?  Juventus, Inter, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona, Real, City, Liverpool, Tottenham, ManU, and Arsenal are the only teams with guys making wages the same or higher than him.  They're also the only teams with the funds to get close to what CP's transfer money was 3 years ago.  I don't think any of them are better situations for him currently than Chelsea, even if they were willing to make the transfer.

Realistically?  I can see Chelsea letting him go for around €40-50M.  I know they're losing money there, but that's all in the past.  The new owner has to look at what his current product is worth and that's probably pretty accurate for CP.  If they're wanting to move players to bring in the guys that Tuchel wants, then I can see that happening easily.

As for Christian?  He's on £150k/week from what I can find.  That's about €175k/week.  He'll have to agree to drop that to €130k/week or so if he really wants more playing time.  I can see him willing to do that and I see a lot of teams interested at that point.  There are some teams looking to make a final push to UCL spots in the EPL like West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton, Wolves that I could see interested near that price point.  That's probably best case scenario for him.  He'd be an every game starter for a mid table team and if he could kick on, then he'd likely be able to get them into Europe and that'd be a win for both sides.  

I could also see Dortmund being interested in bringing him back.  They've done it with players in the past and I think they'd be open at the right price.  Bayern too for that matter.  They were interested 3 years ago.  I can see them still interested.  I've heard rumors of Juventus, but that's likely just rumors.  Who knows.  I kinda agree that fighting and earning a spot at Chelsea is what I'd like to see him do, but that might not be a possibility either.

I put it in the <1% probability but I am 99% sure there would be 6-8 MLS teams that would be happy to make Pulisic the first $10m+ a year player in the league.   

The transfer fee is another story though.  There are precious few teams that are going to be willing to shell that out on a player who will be 24 at the start of next season and does not have the look of a player who has the physical make up for a long career.

Nice to see Gaga bounce back with a MOTM performance.  He also seems to have a good head on his shoulders for what should be a high school senior

===============

GAGA

@GabrielSlonina

failures don’t define you, it’s how you bounce back that shows your character. it hasn’t been perfect from the team and I, but we’re working our hardest to get back on the right track. thankful for MOTM, but not the result we wanted.

========

Cameron Carter-Vickers has agreed personal terms with Celtic and the Hoops now have three weeks to conclude a £6million deal with Spurs before other clubs can make their move.

Record Sport can reveal the defender, who was a rock at the heart of the Hoops defence during his spell on loan last season, has his heart set on staying with the champions long term.

But the clock is ticking if Celtic want to exercise the option written into Carter-Vickers ’ loan agreement which would see them shell out an initial £6m to secure his services.

Well-placed sources have confirmed a June 15 deadline is looming before that agreement with Spurs - a price which could rise to £10m with add-ons - can be taken off the table allowing other clubs to enter the race for the US international.

Newly-promoted Premier League pair Bournemouth and Fulham are watching the situation closely and are poised to pounce.

This kid was the youngest player in the last US U20 camp so this is good progress for him.

Oh and I get his name in the scrabble tournament

=========================

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution have signed midfielder Esmir Bajraktarević (EZ-meer BY-rack-TARE-a-VITCH) to a Homegrown Player contract through the 2025 MLS season with an additional one-year club option.

A graduate of the Revolution Academy and Revolution II, the club’s MLS NEXT Pro team, Bajraktarević becomes the ninth Homegrown Player signing in Revolution history and the sixth player to ascend from Revolution II to the first team roster. Per the league’s roster regulations, Bajraktarević will be eligible to play in MLS competition one year after he joined the Revolution Academy beginning in August 2022.

This kid was the youngest player in the last US U20 camp so this is good progress for him.

Oh and I get his name in the scrabble tournament

=========================

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution have signed midfielder Esmir Bajraktarević (EZ-meer BY-rack-TARE-a-VITCH) to a Homegrown Player contract through the 2025 MLS season with an additional one-year club option.

A graduate of the Revolution Academy and Revolution II, the club’s MLS NEXT Pro team, Bajraktarević becomes the ninth Homegrown Player signing in Revolution history and the sixth player to ascend from Revolution II to the first team roster. Per the league’s roster regulations, Bajraktarević will be eligible to play in MLS competition one year after he joined the Revolution Academy beginning in August 2022.
Let’s just call him Preki

sadly, that's a LOT of guys getting relegated.

This may help soften the blow

=====

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: USMNT's Gianluca Busio has a relegation release clause in his Venezia contract in which he can leave on a free loan this summer. Interest from Italy, Spain, Germany & elsewhere. Busio, turns 20 this week, made 29 Serie A apps this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may help soften the blow

=====

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: USMNT's Gianluca Busio has a relegation release clause in his Venezia contract in which he can leave on a free loan this summer. Interest from Italy, Spain, Germany & elsewhere. Busio, turns 20 this week, made 29 Serie A apps this season.
cool... great there's interest too.

I like the kid, but I don't see the complete package with him when I watch him. some great vision and ability to hit that probing ball forward... but I think still needs work fine-tuning his defensive anticipation and toughness on/off the ball. but he's young and has shown some nice stuff- I suppose there's time to iron out those things. 

cool... great there's interest too.

I like the kid, but I don't see the complete package with him when I watch him. some great vision and ability to hit that probing ball forward... but I think still needs work fine-tuning his defensive anticipation and toughness on/off the ball. but he's young and has shown some nice stuff- I suppose there's time to iron out those things. 

I agree with everything you said.  I would personally love to see a little more "energy/urgency" in his play but that does not seem to be in his dna.

I am surprised he had that clause in his contract.  Venezia spent any where from $6m-$10m on him and with the escape clause, that is money basically flushed down the drain after only one season.

I assume this would indicate Chelsea are aware Pulisic may want to leave

============

[Jacob Steinberg] Chelsea are monitoring Raheem Sterling this summer in their bid to strengthen the clubs forward line.

Oh #### yes!

====

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: Brenden Aaronson has arrived in England to do his medical (tomorrow) and officially complete his $30 million transfer to Leeds United from RB Salzburg

Wonder how much of that they turn around and pay for Paxton to replace him

the $30m number is insane to me (assuming it is correct).  Aaronson is a nice player but I don't see him being any where close to a $30m player.

Haaland was already destroying teams in Champions League on the exact same team as Aaronson and was sold for less than $30m to Dortmund (although I think Raiola did get a big extra chunk as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised he had that clause in his contract.  Venezia spent any where from $6m-$10m on him and with the escape clause, that is money basically flushed down the drain after only one season.
The tweet you quoted used an odd phrase, saying “Gianluca Busio has a relegation release clause in his Venezia contract in which he can leave on a free loan this summer.” I’ve not heard of a “free loan” before, might just mean there are no loan fees but the other club still has to pay his wages? In any event, it seems to indicate  Venezia won’t lose him outright for no compensation. 

I assume this would indicate Chelsea are aware Pulisic may want to leave

============

[Jacob Steinberg] Chelsea are monitoring Raheem Sterling this summer in their bid to strengthen the clubs forward line.
I can understand he might be a bit disappointed with his season, but he’s got two years left on a contract that pays £7,800,000 per. I don’t see him leaving money on the table and don’t expect the club will let him go cheaply. If he wants out, he’s going to have to find a club in a unique situation that is willing to pay. I think Lukaku and Ziyech are more likely to leave CFC from that front line. Chelsea is now an American owned club after all. My expectation is neither club nor player want to end things just yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread