What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (17 Viewers)

18 year old Owen Otasowie signed a two year extension with Wolverhampton.  He has yet to make his EPL debut but he has been making the bench quite consistently now including today.

@lee_ryder

Steve Bruce: “We lost four players and could have been five. Yedlin has broke his hand. In all the years I’ve never see anything like those 15 minutes.”

Ives is reporting that Richie Ledesma was also invited to the USMNT January camp but instead is going to be with PSV's first team during their winter camp.

[Tenorio] #NYCFC has agreed to a permanent transfer with Benfica for midfielder Keaton Parks and will sign the 22-year-old to a long-term deal, per multiple league sources with knowledge of the deal.

I don't know who Travian is

=====================

Future USMNT

Here are all of the American youth players (so far) who will be with European first teams over the winter break: Gio Reyna (Dortmund) Chris Richards (Bayern) Richy Ledezma (PSV) Travian Sousa (Hamburger SV) Nick Taitague (Schalke)

I don't know who Travian is

=====================

Future USMNT

Here are all of the American youth players (so far) who will be with European first teams over the winter break: Gio Reyna (Dortmund) Chris Richards (Bayern) Richy Ledezma (PSV) Travian Sousa (Hamburger SV) Nick Taitague (Schalke)
Should probably figure out if he's any good because......  He's a left fullback!

Charles Boehm

@cboehm

I'm hearing the #Suleimani situation has led US Soccer to reevaluate holding USMNT January camp in Qatar given the wider uncertainty of security in the region. Qatar itself probably relatively secure, but the unknown unknowns beyond may be too dicey to justify going forward

==========

Doug McIntyre

@ByDougMcIntyre

Am told a final decision is close to being made. I would be stunned if the #USMNT still travels to Qatar this month.

NewlyRetired said:
@lee_ryder

Steve Bruce: “We lost four players and could have been five. Yedlin has broke his hand. In all the years I’ve never see anything like those 15 minutes.”
He’s in the starting XI today vs. League One Rochdale in the FA Cup. Newcastle have a ton of injuries but they could afford to plug in a young kid if they really had to.

NewlyRetired said:
Charles Boehm

@cboehm

I'm hearing the #Suleimani situation has led US Soccer to reevaluate holding USMNT January camp in Qatar given the wider uncertainty of security in the region. Qatar itself probably relatively secure, but the unknown unknowns beyond may be too dicey to justify going forward

==========

Doug McIntyre

@ByDougMcIntyre

Am told a final decision is close to being made. I would be stunned if the #USMNT still travels to Qatar this month.
The SuperCopa de España us gong too be played in Saudi Arabia for like the next 3 years. The clubs are selling tickets and Atlético only sold 50 tickets for their semifinal against Barça. Man, I'm shocked that no one wants to travel to go see a third rate tourney in a place like Saudi Arabia.

he subbed in for his pro debut late in the game.
Luca got in too

The 18-year-old forward played the final 16 minutes at Craven Cottage, but could not help his side avoid a 2-1 loss to EFL Championship side Fulham. Vassilev had five touches in the match, making one interception and completing one pass.

Eligible to play for the U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team, Vassilev has scored four goals and registered two assists in 12 appearances for Villa’s Under-23 side this season. He’s also made one additional appearance in the EFL Trophy, designed for U-23 sides and lower league first teams.

Vassilev will hope to stay with Dean Smith’s side heading into the second-half of the Premier League season.

In additional, Luca De La Torre made his fourth senior appearance of the season for Scott Parker’s Fulham. The midfielder played 12 minutes off the bench, finishing with an 85% passing completion rate.

De La Torre, 20, has bounced between the first team and the Under-23’s this season, scoring three goals and adding two assists in nine combined appearances with the U-23’s. He has made one senior cap with the USMNT in his career, appearing back in 2018 under then interim head coach Dave Sarachan.

@ArchBell

Good news for #USMNT fans. Matko Miljevic of Argentinos Juniors tells me that he’s headed to next week’s Under-20 camp. Scheduled to arrive on Wednesday
Just looked at some video from this season...the kid is like CP with his dribbling and pace- and I mean the high praise. Very quick feet, very skillful on the ball, very aggressive going at guys and creates a lot of fouls or beats people. Lacks CPs vision and sense of using his teammates either on the pass or with his runs, and the final ball wasn't always there. 

Skill/aggression-wise, he looked ready for the senior team, IMO. But total package may be lacking. Very interested to see and hear how it goes with the U20s...who have a coach, right? Still only 18 too, and I think only in his first season with the 1st team, in and of itself pretty impressive.

Just looked at some video from this season...the kid is like CP with his dribbling and pace- and I mean the high praise. Very quick feet, very skillful on the ball, very aggressive going at guys and creates a lot of fouls or beats people. Lacks CPs vision and sense of using his teammates either on the pass or with his runs, and the final ball wasn't always there. 

Skill/aggression-wise, he looked ready for the senior team, IMO. But total package may be lacking. Very interested to see and hear how it goes with the U20s...who have a coach, right? Still only 18 too, and I think only in his first season with the 1st team, in and of itself pretty impressive.
No U20 coach has been hired yet that I am aware of.  I have no idea who is running the U20 camp.

Christian Pulisic missed Chelsea's routine 2-0 win against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup third round because of an unspecified injury sustained in training on Saturday.

Frank Lampard confirmed the issue to the club's in-house TV channel but did not specify what the injury was or the severity.

The American had started the New Year's Day draw against Brighton and Hove Albion having missed the win away to Arsenal because of a minor hamstring complaint that Lampard said was more like a cramp than a proper injury

@FutureUsmnt

USMNT fixture list for 2020 (so far):

2/1 vs. Costa Rica

3/26 vs. The Netherlands

3/30 vs. Wales

June: Concacaf Nations League Semifinal vs. Honduras (and possible final)

8/31-9/8: Hex Games 1 and 2

10/5-10/13: Hex Games 3 and 4

11/9-11/17: Hex Games 5 and 6

Not the move we were hoping for for Sabbi but he has been transferred from Habro to Odense.  Mostly a lateral move in terms of current quality in Denmark but Odense is a more stable team.

He will move next summer.

No U20 coach has been hired yet that I am aware of.  I have no idea who is running the U20 camp.
Wahl's reply to Goff is worth a quote:

@GrantWahl

1m

The main lesson we learned about Anthony Hudson in MLS was that the Colorado Rapids got significantly better after they fired him.

Quote Tweet

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

22m

Getting word Anthony Hudson is the new U.S. under-20 men's national team coach.

The US Soccer Fed is a dumpster fire.
The saddest part of this for me is that the thinnest of thin silver linings for missing the WC was hoping that things would get better at the fed level, even just a little :(

It is strange to think that Sunil getting on his knees and bobbing for JK actually seems more stable than what we have now :(

I know there were extra circumstances surrounding Dest but hopefully we can take GGG at his word that he wants to capitalize on momentum for young players after they move into first teams in strong leagues.

With the Hex starting this fall, we need to keep our eye on a cadre of young talent that seems right on the edge of making a break through.

That includes Gio, Uly, Owen, Ledesma, and Indiana, among-st others.  It could be a very important spring if we hope to see some new blood on the team next fall. 

Our normally toothless soccer media in this country must have been treated really bad by this Hudson U20 coach because he is getting eviscerated by all media types.

Our normally toothless soccer media in this country must have been treated really bad by this Hudson U20 coach because he is getting eviscerated by all media types.
I noticed that too.  Usually there are one or two "contrarians" that like to come out against a new hire, but I don't think I've seen one guy happy with the hire(other than probably Hudson himself).  Hell, Sports Illustrated threw some shots at him and they know nothing about soccer.

Is this really the best hire the USSF can accomplish right now?  We might be in worse trouble than we even thought.

Users who are viewing this thread