What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (17 Viewers)

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Telstar have announced that striker Sebastian Soto has been recalled from his loan by Championship leaders Norwich City. During his time at Telstar, Soto scored 7 times in 12 games, averaging a goal scored every 94 minutes played. A very successful loan spell for him.

Jesus, this Reynolds transfer just won't quit.....

========

[FabrizioRomano] Roma have made a new bid to sign Bryan Reynolds. €7m offered to Dallas FC and now Roma are pushing to complete the deal for Reynolds who had an agreement with Juventus [together with Benevento]. Juve was close to complete the deal but never signed any paperwork/contract

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

BREAKING: AS Roma are now the favorite to sign Bryan Reynolds from FC Dallas, sources tell MLSsoccer. Not yet a done deal. Fee would be in region of $8.5 million up front, incentives for $11m total. As I've said, reports that a deal was done w/ Juventus weeks ago were premature

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Konrad (19) played the last 20 minutes for Barcelona in their 2-0 cup victory in extra time vs. Cornella. The USMNT winger capitalized on his opportunity, was lively in those minutes and almost found himself on the score sheet. Good to see his consistency when called upon

Olympic qualifying may be over before it even starts :(

========

The Japanese government has privately concluded that the Tokyo Olympics will have to be cancelled because of the coronavirus, and the focus is now on securing the Games for the city in the next available year, 2032.

According to a senior member of the ruling coalition, there is agreement that the Games, already postponed a year, are doomed. The aim now is to find a face-saving way of announcing the cancellation that leaves open the possibility of Tokyo playing host at a later date. “No one wants to be the first to say so but the consensus is that it’s too difficult,” the source said. “Personally, I don’t think it’s going to happen.”

Finances in a covid world are such a mess :(

==========

[Twellman] Boavista’s payment for the Cannon deal to FCD has impacted this Reynolds deal because it hasn’t been “timely”. If the Juve deal panned out, they couldn’t pay until July 1st of ‘21. Benevento not having the funds right now to “expedite” payment lead to Roma making a late run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Nips!!!  I am so happy for him.  I was afraid his career was going to be significantly derailed with the knee injury.  Even if this does not happen, it still bodes well that other teams see him as fully healthy.

=======================

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

DC United GM Dave Kasper on Paul Arriola to Swansea City reports: "There are ongoing discussions... they are up against a clock (transfer window deadline)... we'll continue to engage in the coming days."

Getting a kick out of a thread from some guy covering Swansea and analyzing Morris. He keeps praising him as a two-footed player, which is true enough now, but funny considering he had my left foot coming out of Stanford. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
So, Hoppe still not worth bringing into camp?  Sure that last goal was very opportune timing and he flubbed another chance earlier in the game, but hey, a goal is a goal, right Zardes?

Morris was given the number 11 by Swansea. I am really interested to see how he does.  Hopefully he stayed in top shape during the layoff and can hit the ground running.

So, Hoppe still not worth bringing into camp?  Sure that last goal was very opportune timing and he flubbed another chance earlier in the game, but hey, a goal is a goal, right Zardes?
OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Berhalter on what has impressed him about Matthew Hoppe (19) “His movement behind the defensive line is excellent. It's always difficult when you have strikers breaking through the lines. And he does that very well. Second, he is calm near and in front of the goal.”

Taylor Twellman

@TaylorTwellman

There was never a “new bid” from Roma in their transfer offer to FCD. The offer has always been the same.  As for the personal terms, that has changed greatly to convince Bryan they were serious.

While Soto is awaiting his work permit, he will be playing with the Norwich U23's to evaluate whether he can help the first team.  The coach has not ruled out another loan for him.

While Soto is awaiting his work permit, he will be playing with the Norwich U23's to evaluate whether he can help the first team.  The coach has not ruled out another loan for him.
Uh....so pull him from somewhere he was seemingly thriving, to loan him out somewhere else? :loco:

• Laughing
And I agree with GGG about Hoppe's of the ball movement, getting into space between defenders. He obviously reads the game fairly well and can score. Those are excellent qualities for a forward and if he plays with Reyna and CP, I could see quite a few goals for the kid on a rebound or if the defense collapses down on CP, giving Hoppe more space. 

This is concerning.  I had always considered Dest's confidence to be one of his primary attributes as a player

=========

Sergino Dest: "For me, it's important to get that confidence back because I feel a little bit unconfident right now. That's the most important thing for me right now: get the confidence back and play like I used to play and then I think I have a lot of potential."

Not that I blame the coach but for the first time in forever, Sargent is not starting today.
hmm, strange today....

Werder gets an ultra rare two early goals with Sargent on bench, and Selke who replaced him, scored one on a PK.

But then Selke got hurt and Sargent subbed back in at the 32'nd minute.

2-1 Werder at half.

hmm, strange today....

Werder gets an ultra rare two early goals with Sargent on bench, and Selke who replaced him, scored one on a PK.

But then Selke got hurt and Sargent subbed back in at the 32'nd minute.

2-1 Werder at half.
And Sargent scores a late banger. Which is fine for confidence, but it doesn’t really address my concerns about Sargent’s deficiencies in off-ball movement. 

And Sargent scores a late banger. Which is fine for confidence, but it doesn’t really address my concerns about Sargent’s deficiencies in off-ball movement. 
Not an area I ever considered deficient...not explosive, but non-stop and tactically smart runs on both sides of the ball. How are you meaning?

• Smile
Not an area I ever considered deficient...not explosive, but non-stop and tactically smart runs on both sides of the ball. How are you meaning?
I think his runs and positioning just aren’t very good. He doesn’t set up defenders and he’s not alert to where a loose ball is likely to fall. Which is why he doesn’t get the poacher’s goals. I can’t remember a time when he’s gotten across a defender’s face. 

I think his runs and positioning just aren’t very good. He doesn’t set up defenders and he’s not alert to where a loose ball is likely to fall. Which is why he doesn’t get the poacher’s goals. I can’t remember a time when he’s gotten across a defender’s face. 

I think that's an explosiveness thing more than positioning thing. I see his runs as setting up team shape really well- great understanding of the flow of the game and where he needs to be. But yeah...would be nice for him to win some of the second ball poacher goals.

McKennie and pulisic both started in early games today. Been switching back and forth between the games. Weston has been fantastic. Pulisic has been very mediocre. 

McKennie and pulisic both started in early games today. Been switching back and forth between the games. Weston has been fantastic. Pulisic has been very mediocre. 
Pulisic has been very poor.  Chelsea is playing a lower league side and he's given it away 3-4 times leading to counters and missed a 1v1 on the keeper that he should be putting away 10 out of 10 times.  Agreed that McKennie is playing well.

Users who are viewing this thread