What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (6 Viewers)

Christian Pulisic is starting on the bench today against Wolves. New Chelsea FC manager Thomas Tuchel is in attendance at Stamford Bridge, but I'm not sure whether its his lineup, just observing or what his role is.
Given form in the abstract, I'd have to go with odoi and ziyech. CP hasn't looked like he's gelling with anybody outside of Giroud. 

Hopefully tuchel brings out his best

Given form in the abstract, I'd have to go with odoi and ziyech. CP hasn't looked like he's gelling with anybody outside of Giroud. 

Hopefully tuchel brings out his best
I figure even worst case where he loses his starting position entirely, he should be a regular choice as a sub (fingers crossed).

Weston (and Ronaldo and Bentencor) are all not starting today in the cup match against a Serie B side.  It is probably for the best for Weston who has been playing a lot just coming off an injury.

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Goal! In the Scottish Premiership, American midfielder Ian Harkes, 25, with the tally for Dundee United which pulls one back against St. Mirren. 3-1 in the 53rd minute.

The Chelsea first half redefined pointless possession.

Lets see if Pulisic gets a chance at the Wolves bunker.
Chelsea completed 433 passes in the first half, an all time team record, without ever really troubling the Wolves keeper.

I see Pulisic taking off his warm ups now, hopefully he gets a good 15-20 minute run in today and creates a few chances.

This loan is probably the most disappointing thing this whole season. 

I really thought this kid had something but when 2 straight teams can't find any time for him, I have to start reconsidering my position

============================

Larry Henry Jr

@lhenry019

Per Omrop Fryslan, Ulysses Llanez has fallen out of the plans at Heerenveen. Llanez missed the PSV match with an injury and the club is in contact with Wolfsburg to send him back from his loan early. It's been a tough move in whole.

This is too many details for this not to be very close to being done.  I have no idea if he will see any playing time at Roma, at least this season, as this is a massive jump from playing basically half a season in MLS

==========

[Nicolò Schira] Bryan Reynolds will land at Fiumicino Airport on Saturday at 1 pm. Then he’ll have medicals with AS Roma and he’ll sign a contract until 2025 (€1M/year bonuses included). Done deal on loan with obligation to buy from FC Dallas for €7,5M. Dallas‘ll have the 15% on a future sale

This is too many details for this not to be very close to being done.  I have no idea if he will see any playing time at Roma, at least this season, as this is a massive jump from playing basically half a season in MLS

==========

[Nicolò Schira] Bryan Reynolds will land at Fiumicino Airport on Saturday at 1 pm. Then he’ll have medicals with AS Roma and he’ll sign a contract until 2025 (€1M/year bonuses included). Done deal on loan with obligation to buy from FC Dallas for €7,5M. Dallas‘ll have the 15% on a future sale
Sounds made up.

This has been one of the silliest adventures in silly season I can remember. At this point, I'll wait for the picture of him in a kit on the roma website/twitter before fully believing. Unless @Kafka tells us he got the official bat signal from the home office that this is actually the final genuine article.

Sounds made up.

This has been one of the silliest adventures in silly season I can remember. At this point, I'll wait for the picture of him in a kit on the roma website/twitter before fully believing. Unless @Kafka tells us he got the official bat signal from the home office that this is actually the final genuine article.
I expect him to end up signing in La Liga at this point.

=============

New York Red Bulls are expected to approve a loan move for USA captain Aaron Long due to the ongoing suspension of Major League Soccer.

The centre-back, who has won 18 caps for his country, has been the subject of at least one approach from a Championship club.

The short-term deal is appealing because there is no loan fee, with clubs only required to pay his wages. An option to purchase could also be included.

The mandate is similar to the one agreed by Swansea for Long's international team-mate and Seattle Sounders forward Jordan Morris.

The MLS season is suspended until April at the earliest due to the coronavirus pandemic, meaning players are seeking game time elsewhere.

West Ham made attempts to sign Long on loan in January 2020 but the approach was rejected by New York Red Bulls

This is ugly, but expected.  They can probably stay afloat, if worst case happens with, loans based on hosting Wc2026, which should bring in some much needed influx of revenue

==============

U.S. Soccer just posted its 2021 AGM's Book of Reports with first peak in at financial situation.

FY2021 (ends March 31, 2021): projected deficit of $44M. Budget pre-pandemic (and pre-DA shutdown): $27.5M.

FY2022 (budget): deficit of $40.6M.

Add revenues dropped from budgeted $105M to $48M. 

Commercial revenue (SUM/Nike), down $20M, from $54M to $34M.

NT game revenues, down $29M to zero.

Registration fees, down almost 50%, from $6M to $3M.

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
I am unsure how much I believe it but multiple sources out of England list Aaron Long as one of the 3 names Liverpool is looking at for a loan to shore up some CB injury issues.

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

American @J_Green37 scores for the third consecutive match and fourth time in six games. He has seven goals in German second flight and eight in all competitions. Terrific run of form at @kleeblattfuerth in improving his #usmnt chances this year

Injury scare for Weston.  Looked injury like a possible Achilles blow out but he is running it off thankfully after being down for a while.

He had a solid half defensively but was not involved as much as he is usually offensively.  Juve is flowing though, only up 1-0 but creating chance after chance.

Users who are viewing this thread