What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (2 Viewers)

Sure, bud. I can't point you to a link, but I went to Google, typed in Damien Williams, clicked news, and went to the Kansas City papers and sources. He said that.
Thanks.  I believe you I just didn’t come up with anything in my google search.  Your goolgle-fu beats my tiger-style I guess.  

You can't pretend that the concern level for a player who NEVER HAD A CHANCE to practice today is the same as a player who DID HAVE A CHANCE to practice today.  Chiefs knew Williams' injury was bad enough that he couldn't have practiced, while McCoy's was not as severe, as he had a chance to practice.
That’s ridiculous. It’s a Wednesday. A typical rest day. And as far as I’ve seen, McCoy didn’t do much either. 

If anything, DWill not practicing is simply further confirmation he’s the lead back and valued piece of the offense. 

You posted "his injury's a nothing burger."  When I pointed out that a fairly well-respected medical source said that it wasn't necessarily a nothing burger, you moved the goal-posts and said "I meant KC sent McCoy to get an MRI, but not Williams, so it's a nothing burger." 

YOU changed your reasoning when the flaw in your original excuse to prop up Williams was pointed out.  Then you pointed out that you own Williams & have him in your starting lineup.  There appears to be a very clear example of bias.  That's the point I'm making.  Neither McCoy or Williams is a better bet to start, based on what we know.  You are trying to invent reasons why Williams is the better bet, but your argument is not logical.
I didn’t move goalposts. Wtf are you even on about? I explained my point. No goalpost was moved. 

You didn’t like my use of the word “nothing burger” so I further elaborated my perspective. 

Get off your high horse and stop pretending you’re not in this thread with your fingers and toes crossed hoping your McCoy toy gets an upgrade. 

This thread is the absolute antithesis of well thought out logic. 

The whole Kareem Hunt thing forced KC to have to play Williams and for those of you not familiar with this hidden gem, take a look at this guys career stats. The one or two games he made a splash in last year equal his entire career rushing yards.

I don't make this crap up https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDa05.htm and we got a 22 page thread on him, good stuff. 

What are people arguing about? Williams is never going to be solid production for weeks on end, that was a pipe dream. I watched this guy for years in Miami and he always made a nice play here and there but he was nothing special and still isn't IMO. I don't know what the Chiefs were thinking. They waste time on guys that really cannot fill a starter's shoes and then when they do a la Kareem Hunt the bottom falls out on them. I don't think they've recovered on the ground and Mahomes makes it easy to forget or gloss over. 

Go home everyone, there's nothing to see here.  Cue it up

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t move goalposts. Wtf are you even on about? I explained my point. No goalpost was moved. 

You didn’t like my use of the word “nothing burger” so I further elaborated my perspective. 

Get off your high horse and stop pretending you’re not in this thread with your fingers and toes crossed hoping your McCoy toy gets an upgrade. 
OK; it’s clear you have Damien Williams blinders on; it’s obvious.  So we can agree to disagree. 

As far as your “McCoy toy” comment, that’s classic projection.  Pretending your behavior is being displayed by someone else.  If you read my last post, I clearly said neither back is a better bet to start.  Not sure how that’s me hoping I can play with my McCoy toy.

And, for the record, I don’t own either.  I have Thompson, but wouldn’t start him this week, even if both McCoy & Williams are out.

Running backs LeSean McCoy (ankle) and Damien Williams (knee) did not practice for the Chiefs to start the week on Wednesday.

Before practice Andy Reid was asked about the two backs’ participation: “McCoy might do a little bit, but Damien won’t.”

This says a lot to me. There appears to be no hesitation....no pause. "Damien won't". Sounds like it's not good.

Running backs LeSean McCoy (ankle) and Damien Williams (knee) did not practice for the Chiefs to start the week on Wednesday.

Before practice Andy Reid was asked about the two backs’ participation: “McCoy might do a little bit, but Damien won’t.”

This says a lot to me. There appears to be no hesitation....no pause. "Damien won't". Sounds like it's not good.
It sounds like the decision had been made.  No reason to pause when you have made the decision.

We don't know why the decision had been made.. maybe bad or maybe precautionary.

It sounds like the decision had been made.  No reason to pause when you have made the decision.

We don't know why the decision had been made.. maybe bad or maybe precautionary.
I think you're very correct. I also think we're trying to parse the impossibly non-transparent and untranslatable right now.   

This thread took a weird turn at “McCoy toy”, I feel that’s not football related. 

Personally I would like to see Thompson as lead back, at this point he’s probably the best back on the team. But do you want to depend on a rookie for blitz pickup and protecting your superstar QB? Probably not, or yet anyway. 

This thread is the absolute antithesis of well thought out logic. 

The whole Kareem Hunt thing forced KC to have to play Williams and for those of you not familiar with this hidden gem, take a look at this guys career stats. The one or two games he made a splash in last year equal his entire career rushing yards.

I don't make this crap up https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDa05.htm and we got a 22 page thread on him, good stuff. 

What are people arguing about? Williams is never going to be solid production for weeks on end, that was a pipe dream. I watched this guy for years in Miami and he always made a nice play here and there but he was nothing special and still isn't IMO. I don't know what the Chiefs were thinking. They waste time on guys that really cannot fill a starter's shoes and then when they do a la Kareem Hunt the bottom falls out on them. I don't think they've recovered on the ground and Mahomes makes it easy to forget or gloss over. 

Go home everyone, there's nothing to see here.  Cue it up

:banned:
lol running for Miami vs running for KC are completely different.  RBs have always had success under Reid.  The majority of RBs on a high powered offense with a lot of scoring opportunities and positive game scripts have value.  

lol running for Miami vs running for KC are completely different.  RBs have always had success under Reid.  The majority of RBs on a high powered offense with a lot of scoring opportunities and positive game scripts have value.  
There is no doubt about that - what you are saying is completely true.  However, Williams is just a guy, and if there are better options on the team - which many believe there are - they will ultimately be the ones to benefit from being in Reid's offense.  MOP and I are both Dolphins fans.  We have seen this guy play in more than just a handful of games.  What he says is true.  A few splash plays here and there, but absolutely nothing special, and on top of that, frail.  He was close to a league minimum player, and was third string on the team, only moving up due to domestic violence and injury.  Before someone says "thats basically the same story as Darwin", it isnt.  Darwin is a rookie with a clean slate.  Williams has a history, and to call that history "average" is possibly generous.

Whoever sees the bulk of the snaps in that offense obviously has RB1 value.  I personally never saw Williams as a player that could hold down that job given any level of decent competition.  And then add in the fact that he is fragile...

OK; it’s clear you have Damien Williams blinders on; it’s obvious.  So we can agree to disagree. 

As far as your “McCoy toy” comment, that’s classic projection.  Pretending your behavior is being displayed by someone else.  If you read my last post, I clearly said neither back is a better bet to start.  Not sure how that’s me hoping I can play with my McCoy toy.

And, for the record, I don’t own either.  I have Thompson, but wouldn’t start him this week, even if both McCoy & Williams are out.
Point still stands, you're in here crossing your fingers you can use your toy if the competition goes down. 

And thanks for proving you don't have a foot to stand on by not being able to explain how goalposts were moved. Because you can't. Because they weren't. 

Friday is the day to know how severe an injury is. No practice on a Friday is a bad sign. Resting a guy with a minor injury throughout the week leading up to the final practice is fairly common and sort of a no-brainer. 
I don't have him in my lineup in the only dynasty I still have him in anyway, but if I needed to rely on him I'd start to get a little worried about missing two days of practice with limited info on just what he's even dealing with.

I don't have him in my lineup in the only dynasty I still have him in anyway, but if I needed to rely on him I'd start to get a little worried about missing two days of practice with limited info on just what he's even dealing with.
I just don't see any signs of the injury being severe. Just because a guy is held out of practice after a minor injury doesn't indicate the severity of the injury is greater than we first thought. 

The dude banged his knee late in a blowout and was kept out the rest of the game, which is what should be done. 

He never needed further evaluation, which is always a good sign.

He's not practicing until (my guess) the final day of practice, which is what should be done. 

If anything, I see him being held out of practice and McCoy actually trying to practice as evidence that Williams is, indeed, the starting back on the team and most valued RB. McCoy is still fighting for snaps. 

I just don't see any signs of the injury being severe. Just because a guy is held out of practice after a minor injury doesn't indicate the severity of the injury is greater than we first thought. 

The dude banged his knee late in a blowout and was kept out the rest of the game, which is what should be done. 

He's not practicing until (my guess) the final day of practice, which is what should be done. 

If anything, I see him being held out of practice and McCoy actually trying to practice as evidence that Williams is, indeed, the starting back on the team and most valued RB. McCoy is still fighting for snaps. 
You had me until the last paragraph.  

Point still stands, you're in here crossing your fingers you can use your toy if the competition goes down. 

And thanks for proving you don't have a foot to stand on by not being able to explain how goalposts were moved. Because you can't. Because they weren't. 
OK, like I said, we can agree to disagree.

Kind of feels like you're seeing what you want to see here.

None of us know how severe the injury is, so I don't think not practicing can be taken as any kind of positive sign.

We're not talking about Zeke here, Williams isn't some star vet that routinely gets days off just to keep him fresh.

Comparing a RB in a Miami offense vs a RB in a Reid offense is just really making me laugh.  :lol:

Carry on boys - haven't heard much else here in KC other than what's been already posted.

None of us know how severe the injury is, so I don't think not practicing can be taken as any kind of positive sign.

We're not talking about Zeke here, Williams isn't some star vet that routinely gets days off just to keep him fresh.
:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Comparing a RB in a Miami offense vs a RB in a Reid offense is just really making me laugh.  :lol:

Carry on boys - haven't heard much else here in KC other than what's been already posted.
Guys like Jay Ajayi, Lamar Miller and Kenyon Drake did just fine in those same Miami offenses.  And none of those guys is going to be confused with Adrian Peterson from a talent perspective.  He didnt beat them out, and he didnt beat Spencer Ware out.  He only got to play due to circumstance.  He isnt special, he isnt even above average.  He is just a guy.  Always has been.  

I'm just giving my perspective with the part you quoted. The rest is just objective truth. Any guy with a minor injury is going to be held out of practice for precautionary reasons if they are a starter. That's just a fact. Unless the injury is so minor as to be a non-issue at all. 

Obviously a bone bruise is going to be a pain-mitigation type of injury. I don't know why anyone would expect him to practice until Friday is all I'm saying. 

I appreciate your optimism an really hope you're correct, but I with his injury history I would not bet on it. 

Guys like Jay Ajayi, Lamar Miller and Kenyon Drake did just fine in those same Miami offenses.  And none of those guys is going to be confused with Adrian Peterson from a talent perspective.  He didnt beat them out, and he didnt beat Spencer Ware out.  He only got to play due to circumstance.  He isnt special, he isnt even above average.  He is just a guy.  Always has been.  
Have to agree. He split carries with 47 yr old McCoy who didn't have a chance to get fully acclimated to the team.

Damien Williams (knee) was "limping considerably" on Thursday.

Williams has missed back-to-back practices while LeSean McCoy returned on Thursday. Fantasy players should count on Williams being sidelined. Darwin Thompson will pair with Shady against the Ravens. It's possible even Darrel Williams could get some run.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 6:17 PM ET

Damien Williams (knee) was "limping considerably" on Thursday.

Williams has missed back-to-back practices while LeSean McCoy returned on Thursday. Fantasy players should count on Williams being sidelined. Darwin Thompson will pair with Shady against the Ravens. It's possible even Darrel Williams could get some run.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 6:17 PM ET
More evidence that this is a “nothing burger.”

Ravens run D is tough; with top 2 RBs hurting, kinda think Reid is gonna pass the ball 50+ times on Sunday.

Bayhawks said:
More evidence that this is a “nothing burger.”

Ravens run D is tough; with top 2 RBs hurting, kinda think Reid is gonna pass the ball 50+ times on Sunday.
Does ATB like crow with his nothing burger?

I have never been taken out of a league in the first 3 weeks like this.  Never seen anything like in it 24 years of it.

Nobody cares but - Luck and Ben, TY Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Mike Thomas, Jared Cook... now Damien.  :cry:

I am surprised the question hasn't been asked yet - what happens when Damien gets healthy?  Will he become the lead back over McCoy & Thompson?

I am surprised the question hasn't been asked yet - what happens when Damien gets healthy?  Will he become the lead back over McCoy & Thompson?
I think it's gonna be a mish mash for a lot of the year. I don't think we'll ever have a clear picture until somebody siezes the job, which seems out of Williams's character, beyond Shady's halcyon days, and in too far in front of the rook's.

Just a thought.

I think it's gonna be a mish mash for a lot of the year. I don't think we'll ever have a clear picture until somebody siezes the job, which seems out of Williams's character, beyond Shady's halcyon days, and in too far in front of the rook's.

Just a thought.
I think this is a (relatively) high probability outcome. That said, the relatively lower probabilities aren't that far off. Get your tickets, folks. There's likely still a free one sitting on your wire as I type this.

I have never been taken out of a league in the first 3 weeks like this.  Never seen anything like in it 24 years of it.

Nobody cares but - Luck and Ben, TY Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Mike Thomas, Jared Cook... now Damien.  :cry:
TY Hilton & Mike Thomas have been solid so far. As for the rest that is a pretty tough downswing in your luck.

Bigboy10182000 said:

Any idea how long Williams could miss as well? Ruling him out so early in the week felt like this could be a multiple week injury.

Don't worry mate. It's a nothing burger.  Which I guess means a serious bone bruise that is too painful to practice or play on for at least a week's duration.

Users who are viewing this thread