What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (1 Viewer)

wtf are we even talking about?

there's no more guaranteed money --- why do I even listen to that dude?

all that dead money would be prorated bonuses accelerating

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
He would have to prove that he's too injured to play. Can't come in a say "Ow, my back hurts, I'm going to run off with the money you gave me, k thanks."

Borland retired and had to give back 3/4 of his signing bonus...Romo would have to give back $10M if he wasn't too injured to play and wanted to retire.
then that's not exactly having a ####### wrecked back, is it?

did you see the ####### part in that voluminous 2 ####### line post about him wrecking his ####### back?

wtf are we even talking about?

there's no more guaranteed money --- why do I even listen to that dude?

all that dead money would be prorated bonuses accelerating

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
He would have to prove that he's too injured to play. Can't come in a say "Ow, my back hurts, I'm going to run off with the money you gave me, k thanks."

Borland retired and had to give back 3/4 of his signing bonus...Romo would have to give back $10M if he wasn't too injured to play and wanted to retire.
then that's not exactly having a ####### wrecked back, is it?

did you see the ####### part in that voluminous 2 ####### line post about him wrecking his ####### back?
What I said is true - he would have to prove he physically can't play to keep the $10M.

Donnybrook said:
What if Romo wrecks his back? I don't know what happens to all that guaranteed money in that situation. I would assume Dallas gets the money back if he is forced to retire.
he could just reference this post for evidence

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says not to "rule out" Adrian Peterson ending up in Dallas.

"It's still doable," were Rapsheet's words on NFL Total Access." It's still hard to see the way forward for Peterson-to-Big D. The Vikings have been adamant they're keeping their franchise runner, while Dallas is light on cap space. It would obviously be far from surprising if the move eventually happened, but it's not the most likely outcome.

Related: Cowboys

Source: NFL Network on Twitter

Apr 2 - 7:27 PM

I was just asking because I remember Favre retired after his shoulder injury. If I recall correctly, Favre's retirement was beneficial to the Jets since cutting him would have left them with more dead money.

Favre of course un-retired and signed with the Vikings later in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The media of course won't let ADP to Cowboys story die. It is their fantasy news story much like Johnny Football playing in his home state.

Donnybrook said:
What if Romo wrecks his back? I don't know what happens to all that guaranteed money in that situation. I would assume Dallas gets the money back if he is forced to retire.
he could just reference this post for evidence
Larry, if you want to hear that you're right so much - here you go...you're right.

Now can you relax?

The media of course won't let ADP to Cowboys story die. It is their fantasy news story much like Johnny Football playing in his home state.
well, they're in the business of generating clicks and we're talking about it right now.

there isn't some big thread about the eagles trading brandon boykin

it's not currently an impossible trade if the 3 parties want to work it out, but you can say that about all kinds of made up trades

I think a lot of this is his agent. I wonder how interested Ari really is. You can scheme up a running game for a third of that money. In Ari's case, get a pass blocker. Protect Palmer's old bones. You know he's going to be waiting on deep routes...

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson will meet with the NFL this week to discuss his reinstatement.

Despite months of legal wrangling, Peterson remains on the commissioner's exempt list. His first chance to get reinstated off that list comes April 15, one week from Wednesday. Peterson is expected to get the green light, which will further open the question of where he'll be playing in 2015. He's trying to force his way out of Minnesota despite being under contract for three more years at a total of $44.25 million. The Cardinals and Cowboys are the teams most commonly linked to trading for the three-time first-team All-Pro.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 6 - 7:22 AM

I think this meeting, and the future appeal, are where Dogra's recent representation of AP's stance muddy waters a bit for AP. It's going to be hard for AP to give appearance that he appreciates the gravity of his actions when he is (via his agent) still taking a public stance that the NFL overstepped authority, and now that his team didn't back him up contesting punishment. The prior appeal victory was technical, and not substantive (in holding NFL could not apply a new standard retroactively, but being silent on other very strong/broad rights for the NFL that existed before the new policy). The NFL may eventually be vindicated that they had this same authority under broad former powers. Seems like a fine line to walk if AP is needing to show the NFL that he is contrite.

I think this meeting, and the future appeal, are where Dogra's recent representation of AP's stance muddy waters a bit for AP. It's going to be hard for AP to give appearance that he appreciates the gravity of his actions when he is (via his agent) still taking a public stance that the NFL overstepped authority, and now that his team didn't back him up contesting punishment. The prior appeal victory was technical, and not substantive (in holding NFL could not apply a new standard retroactively, but being silent on other very strong/broad rights for the NFL that existed before the new policy). The NFL may eventually be vindicated that they had this same authority under broad former powers. Seems like a fine line to walk if AP is needing to show the NFL that he is contrite.
i think its pretty obvious AP thinks he is the victim and does not feel he should have been suspended or suffer any punishment from the league for his heinous crime. i hope he never plays another down because of the fact that he does not understand the gravity of the situation and he still thinks people owe him something.

that being said i think the league uses all its force to make sure he suffers in the NFL for it especially with how he is playing the victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
VarsityBlues123 said:
BigJim® said:
i think its pretty obvious AP thinks he is the victim and does not feel he should have been suspended or suffer any punishment from the league for his heinous crime. i hope he never plays another down because of the fact that he does not understand the gravity of the situation and he still thinks people owe him something.

that being said i think the league uses all its force to make sure he suffers in the NFL for it especially with how he is playing the victim.
You do realize that a federal judge agreed with AD's stance that he should not have been suspended, right?

Regardless of your opinion on the act itself the NFL overstepped based on the agreement they were bound by.

You do realize that a federal judge agreed with AD's stance that he should not have been suspended, right?
That's an incomplete assessment of the prior judge ruling. He merely ruled that the NFL could not apply its new domestic violence policy retroactively, which was the basis under which AP was originally suspended. The judge did not rule on the ability of the NFL to suspend under its powers which predated the new domestic violence policy. Under the prior CBA, the NFL did have the authority to suspend players broadly under conduct detrimental to the league, which they had in fact done before (e.g. Roethisberger).

That's an incomplete assessment of the prior judge ruling. He merely ruled that the NFL could not apply its new domestic violence policy retroactively, which was the basis under which AP was originally suspended. The judge did not rule on the ability of the NFL to suspend under its powers which predated the new domestic violence policy. Under the prior CBA, the NFL did have the authority to suspend players broadly under conduct detrimental to the league, which they had in fact done before (e.g. Roethisberger).
good posting

The comment by VarsityBlues

"pretty obvious AP thinks he is the victim and does not feel he should have been suspended or suffer any punishment from the league for his heinous crime."

I was just pointing to the fact that AD was unfairly suspended and did have a legitimate gripe.

Rotoworld:

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, Adrian Peterson's "dream scenario" is he's traded to the Cowboys.
The Cowboys have long been linked to "All Day." They'd have to get creative with the salary cap to pull it off, but one way to make it work is to make CB Brandon Carr a post-June 1 cut and do the deal later this summer when the money becomes available. Cole also mentions the Colts and Cardinals as possible Peterson suitors. We don't see the fit in Indianapolis with Frank Gore now there, but Arizona has been right there with Dallas as the most likely landing spot for A.D.

Related: Cardinals, Cowboys, Colts

Source: Bleacher Report
Apr 6 - 6:28 PM

According to AD fantasy owners everywhere the "dream scenario" is for Adrian Peterson to be traded to the Cowboys.

Jerry- you know what we want, do it!

According to AD fantasy owners everywhere the "dream scenario" is for Adrian Peterson to be traded to the Cowboys.

Understand that Jerry might not care what most people think, but is bringing in AD after signing Hardy really the message he wants to bring?

Maybe it is, but for most teams signing one of those guys could be a PR problem.

Understand that Jerry might not care what most people think, but is bringing in AD after signing Hardy really the message he wants to bring?

Maybe it is, but for most teams signing one of those guys could be a PR problem.
Pretty sure Jerry just wants to win. They drafted Dez and signed Hardy. I don't think bringing in AD pushes them over an unethical limit they have.

The decision lies in the value received with AD on the team and the cap difference. With the offensive line Dallas has it seems like they could plug many RBs and have a lot of success

Pretty sure Jerry just wants to win. They drafted Dez and signed Hardy. I don't think bringing in AD pushes them over an unethical limit they have.

The decision lies in the value received with AD on the team and the cap difference. With the offensive line Dallas has it seems like they could plug many RBs and have a lot of success
The thing is, Jerry might think the Cowboys are really close to a championship run. And as much as it pains me to say it, he might be right. They tell me that line's really something.

And that's the right place for AP. Somebody close. He can't turn a stinking franchise around, but if you were missing one ingredient....

I hope I'm wrong. I'll be hating on the Cowboys as long as there's a Jones running things.

I don't know why everyone keeps connecting the dots between AD and big D. They obviously don't want to spend big money on a RB, as we saw with Murray. So now they're going to trade a draft pick for a 30 year old RB, and pay him north of 10 Mill a year? No way it happens.

I don't know why everyone keeps connecting the dots between AD and big D. They obviously don't want to spend big money on a RB, as we saw with Murray. So now they're going to trade a draft pick for a 30 year old RB, and pay him north of 10 Mill a year? No way it happens.
-AD is from Texas

-The Cowboys don't have a starting RB on the roster

-AD told Jerry Jones he wants to play for the Cowboys and retire a Cowboy

-AD is one of the best RBs ever to play in the NFL and playing behind a great OL would be a match made in heaven

-Jerry Jones wants to win at any cost

Do people realize how much money you can save by signing a rookie? Dallas might have their choice of running back at 27.

27 Deone Bucannon SS Arizona Cardinals Signed 4 years, $7.71M, $6.24M guaranteedThe cap hit for the 27 pick would be less than $1.5 M cap hit per year. Adrian Peterson contract is 3 years $45 M. I must be one of the few people that thinks Jerry Jones is not an idiot.

Do people realize how much money you can save by signing a rookie? Dallas might have their choice of wide receiver at 27.

27 Deone Bucannon SS Arizona Cardinals Signed 4 years, $7.71M, $6.24M guaranteedThe cap hit for the 27 pick would be less than $1.5 M cap hit per year. Dez Bryant contract is a lot more. I must be one of the few people that thinks Jerry Jones is not an idiot.

-AD is from Texas

-AD is one of the best RBs ever to play in the NFL and playing behind a great OL would be a match made in heaven

The Cowboys had the NFL's leading rusher on their roster, who wanted to stay with the team, and they didn't want to pay him even $8MM. Was Murray not a "match made in heaven" and was he keeping them from winning? Could Peterson really be expected to put up more than the 1,800 rushing yards Murray put up last season?

It seems like trading an asset for Peterson when they could have kept Murray for less money and otherwise for "free", would be a pretty terrible business decision. Not that it won't happen, but it's not as clear as your trying to make it seem.

-AD is from Texas

IF AD took less money to make his dream come true, it could happen.

it doesnt matter what peterson wants the vikings own his rights.

it doesnt matter what the fans want the vikings own his rights.

it doesnt matter what reporters want the vikings own his rights.

keep saying it to yourself and then you will start to realize peterson is under a contract and the only people and what they want to matter are the vikings and they say they are not trading him and they have the room to keep him. fantasy football hope drives a lot of these conversations. it drives so much influence that Schefter and Rappaport report things on a fantasy speculative more time then not much like the brees trade rumors.

all this and the cowboys have no cap room to make it possible but he is gonna take a few mil or so less just to play in dallas? but your telling me fantasy hype and speculation isnt driving a thought of a man playing for a few mil less.

keep saying it to yourself and then you will start to realize peterson is under a contract and the only people and what they want to matter are the vikings and they say they are not trading him and they have the room to keep him. fantasy football hope drives a lot of these conversations. it drives so much influence that Schefter and Rappaport report things on a fantasy speculative more time then not much like the brees trade rumors.

all this and the cowboys have no cap room to make it possible but he is gonna take a few mil or so less just to play in dallas? but your telling me fantasy hype and speculation isnt driving a thought of a man playing for a few mil less.
Except there have already been many "leaked" reports that ADP is willing to take less to play elsewhere..

As for the Vikings saying they won't trade him.. :confused:

I've seen plenty of "We want him to play here" and "we will welcome him back".. But unless I missed the Article I've never seen them say straight out "We won't trade Peterson no matter what".

If a team offers the Vikings what they feel is the right price they won't have 2nd thoughts about it.

Cool, so even if AD took the hard line and retired, he'd be forced to play for the Vikings?

FWIW I doubt it happens and most likely he's a Viking in 2015. But to say he has no voice is incorrect.

Cool, so even if AD took the hard line and retired, he'd be forced to play for the Vikings?

FWIW I doubt it happens and most likely he's a Viking in 2015. But to say he has no voice is incorrect.
he can retire and the vikings would still own his rights.

Except there have already been many "leaked" reports that ADP is willing to take less to play elsewhere..

As for the Vikings saying they won't trade him.. :confused:

I've seen plenty of "We want him to play here" and "we will welcome him back".. But unless I missed the Article I've never seen them say straight out "We won't trade Peterson no matter what".

If a team offers the Vikings what they feel is the right price they won't have 2nd thoughts about it.
same leaked reports about the dez video? same leaked reports about brees getting traded? same leaked reports about anything that may not be true?

great. what's that do for them?

shows their players that they do not dictate what they (the vikings) will or wont do regarding said player.

VarsityBlues123 said:

shows their players that they do not dictate what they will or wont do.
It also shows potential free agents or their own players that the team won't work with you if you're unhappy with how they treated you.

If that's more important than the pick or players they could get in a trade, have at it.

FUBAR said:
VarsityBlues123 said:
FUBAR said:
VarsityBlues123 said:

shows their players that they do not dictate what they will or wont do.
It also shows potential free agents or their own players that the team won't work with you if you're unhappy with how they treated you.

If that's more important than the pick or players they could get in a trade, have at it.
so peterson is the victim here?

FUBAR said:
By "treated you" you're referring to forcing him to accept $13M (tops for his position) under the contract he signed and has 3 years remaining, and not trading away a generational talent for a bag of potato chips?

FUBAR said:
By "treated you" you're referring to forcing him to accept $13M (tops for his position) under the contract he signed and has 3 years remaining, and not trading away a generational talent for a bag of potato chips?
The only way this situation hurts them with free agents if he they do what some have suggested and cut him right before the season to be vindictive.

FUBAR said:
I'm referring to whatever he feels was done wrong to him (reports are the suspension). What you or I think about it doesn't really matter.

How players view it will matter and I'd just speculate that he'll have a few supporters among his peers.

FUBAR said:
The only way this situation hurts them with free agents if he they do what some have suggested and cut him right before the season to be vindictive.
people are suggesting that?

crazy

they are happy the way things are, let him gripe and complain the n collect his big check and prove his worth on the field

Users who are viewing this thread