What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (1 Viewer)

The dude was high stepping into the second level, put a move on Grimes that made him freeze in place. It's crazy to think he and CJ are the same age/have similar wear and tear. I'll buy that TB didn't come to play, but I'll also buy that AP still has it. He's also going to be pretty fresh for the second half/until DJ comes back around week 12. 

The best part for ADP and ADP owners is that the Cardinals clearly are all in on feeding him the ball. So, he is going to have a great opportunity to produce each and every week.

The best part for ADP and ADP owners is that the Cardinals clearly are all in on feeding him the ball. So, he is going to have a great opportunity to produce each and every week.
Cards probably have no reservations to using him up. They are trying to hang on to get into the playoffs in a division where it can be had. They could wear AP out and then say thanks and take a seat and watch when DJ comes back. That would do the job they want and leave DJ very fresh down the stretch. This team showed what they can do when they a running threat to contend with. 

AP looked good enough yesterday to make me wonder if he might steal some GL work when DJ comes back.  Either way, this was a good trade for the Cards.

Cards probably have no reservations to using him up. They are trying to hang on to get into the playoffs in a division where it can be had. They could wear AP out and then say thanks and take a seat and watch when DJ comes back. That would do the job they want and leave DJ very fresh down the stretch. This team showed what they can do when they a running threat to contend with. 

AP looked good enough yesterday to make me wonder if he might steal some GL work when DJ comes back.  Either way, this was a good trade for the Cards.
At the very least, it would make it really easy for them to take extreme caution when bringing Johnson back. They were already hoping for Christmas... so, keeping him out until the playoffs seems very likely. Of course, I don't know that they would keep him around next year, and I'm not sure that Peterson would want to be there. Either way, I think that he has major fantasy value for the rest of this season. Especially given he fact that he was barely used in NO, and is about to have his second bye week of the season here soon as well. He should have no problems staying fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to grab him in one league and working out trading for him in another. I want more shares, he looks really good and is going to be fed.

He looked great.  Perfect fit for him and may give AZ shot at playoffs. 

Having said that, he is, from a FF perspective, still situationally limited.  If the cards get behind early in games, he has weekly bust potential.   

Flex/RB2 until DJ is back.  Which is basically a resurrection at this point. 

I'm curious to see any trades involving adp. Ive been trying to acquire him and im not having any luck.... whats he worth for a partial season ,in which dj may come back, after one good game?

I'm curious to see any trades involving adp. Ive been trying to acquire him and im not having any luck.... whats he worth for a partial season ,in which dj may come back, after one good game?
You're looking at 6-7 weeks before DJ returns, but a Bye week in there means you're looking at 5-6 weeks production then at BEST a RBBC and at worst a semi-benching behind a resurgent DJ during the fantasy playoffs.

Regarding performance, keep in mind this run game hasn't produced at all this year prior to this past week. IMO the truth lies somewhere in-between. You've got 2 good matchups sandwiching a bye in next 3 weeks. Then 2 tough weeks (SEA/HOU) and one middle of the road week JAX. I figure DJ will be back for the juicy week 13 play. Factoring in a regression to the mean after this week, I'm not sure I'm paying too much, personally. 

You're looking at 6-7 weeks before DJ returns, but a Bye week in there means you're looking at 5-6 weeks production then at BEST a RBBC and at worst a semi-benching behind a resurgent DJ during the fantasy playoffs.

Regarding performance, keep in mind this run game hasn't produced at all this year prior to this past week. IMO the truth lies somewhere in-between. You've got 2 good matchups sandwiching a bye in next 3 weeks. Then 2 tough weeks (SEA/HOU) and one middle of the road week JAX. I figure DJ will be back for the juicy week 13 play. Factoring in a regression to the mean after this week, I'm not sure I'm paying too much, personally. 
Good breakdown.

Excellent post. Thats pretty much how I feel as well... after my dion Lewis for adp offer was rejected, I thru Chris Carson's name out and was laughed at. so then  i was considering giving up an early 2nd for him as I'm competing at this point but I can't do it. With my roster that's full of way better guys or end of bench types I think either a stud idp or the 2nd would be the only thing that could make it happen. I think I'll pass on ap and let someone else see if he keeps producing like that and when dj comes back. 

Didn't see a highlight package posted from his week 6 Cards debut so here's one.  AP was freaking eating.  

42.3 percent (11-of-26) of Adrian Peterson's carries last week went for five or more yards. Entering the game, just 23 percent (23-of-100) of Arizona's rushing attempts had gained five or more yards for the season.

Peterson had four carries of 10 or more yards, which were two more than Arizona running backs had through five weeks.

The Rams have allowed five top-12 scoring running backs, the most in the league and are allowing 19.2 rushing points per game, the most in the league.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/75119/478/the-nfl-week-7-worksheet?pg=2

Could be wrong but I think his last game was the high point of his season...I love to cheer for the guy and that's why I targeted him, but I'm stacked at RB and traded him for dion Lewis and d. Parker...got Howard/Gordon/Mack/gore...so to pick up AP and move home for a potential WR2 is great for my team right now.   Could eat some crow though

Could be wrong but I think his last game was the high point of his season...I love to cheer for the guy and that's why I targeted him, but I'm stacked at RB and traded him for dion Lewis and d. Parker...got Howard/Gordon/Mack/gore...so to pick up AP and move home for a potential WR2 is great for my team right now.   Could eat some crow though
I think that was a very bad move. 

I think it was fine.

Assuming redraft, if it was dynasty then even better.
I'm sure it was redraft. However, the Cards were hoping to get DJ back by Christmas. FF playoffs will be over. Considering that was what they said before getting Peterson... I'm sure that they aren't going to hurry Johnson back sooner now that they have ADP to carry the load. They wouldn't have any reason to rush DJ along in his recovery. It would actually serve them much better to sit him out as long as possible and use ADP up for the rest of the regular season. They have no future ties with Peterson, but they need DJ to be around for a long time.

Dion Lewis and Parker? Parker is injured, and hasn't even returned to a single practice yet. Who knows how long he will be out, and how limited he will be when he returns. Let alone he is on a terrible offense, where his best game came in a blowout when they called a timeout at the end of the game and caught a garbage TD to avoid a shutout. Lewis isn't a terrible player to have, but taking a piece of the 4 man RB committee for ADP, even with the injured Parker thrown in... I don't see any upgrade there.

I think Parker will be back in the line up soon and will be very useful, perhaps more useful than Peterson. So I see it as Lewis thrown in. 

The guy already has a lot of good RB making Peterson kind of extra. 

Could he have gotten more for Peterson?

Maybe, maybe not. I think what he did get for him likely upgrades his team.

I know I said it. I was trying to trade for him before the explosion and the minute it happened, I was like "Well I'll contact this guy in a couple of weeks MAYBE". To make matters worse, Cards lost Palmer for the Fantasy Regular Season, that offense is going to be real bad. If anything, I'd try to get shares of Andre Ellington right now. Drew Stanton dumpoffs and positive game script for Ellington for WEEKS.

Wasn't expecting him to fall flat but glad I moved him.  I do think it won't be this bad ROS and would expect him to have some solid games in the future.  My main reason for trading him away was the worry that his value will never be higher.  I'm a huge AP fan and don't want to see him go out like this.

Wasn't expecting him to fall flat but glad I moved him.  I do think it won't be this bad ROS and would expect him to have some solid games in the future.  My main reason for trading him away was the worry that his value will never be higher.  I'm a huge AP fan and don't want to see him go out like this.
I don't think he's done per se, but does AP have enough to overcome Drew Stanton as his QB? I don't think so.

We should probably wait until a non London game before we say he is done.
His Saints tenure factors in. Again, his ONE GOOD GAME was at home vs. a team that was weak against the run WITH Carson Palmer. Did I mention it was his first game with his new team? It was the most positive of positive situations.

Like... how many factors you need? If anything he is now facing his worst situation at QB (Brees to Palmer to Stanton) and alot more negative game script. The one good thing I will say is he was targeted 4 times in the passing game (caught one for 2 yards and dropped 2). He's going to see alot of 8 in the box going forward, he needs to get receptions at this point.

His Saints tenure factors in. Again, his ONE GOOD GAME was at home vs. a team that was weak against the run WITH Carson Palmer. Did I mention it was his first game with his new team? It was the most positive of positive situations.

Like... how many factors you need? If anything he is now facing his worst situation at QB (Brees to Palmer to Stanton) and alot more negative game script. The one good thing I will say is he was targeted 4 times in the passing game (caught one for 2 yards and dropped 2). He's going to see alot of 8 in the box going forward, he needs to get receptions at this point.
Saints was the worst team he could have chosen to sign to so I'm going to not look into it at all. On his new team where he is getting enough touches he had one really good game and one bad game. He has faced 8 in the box with bad QBs except one year with Brett. I will go ahead and give him another non London game before I say he is done.

Did I mention it was his first game with his new team? It was the most positive of positive situations.
I guess this is a good example of people spinning all of these intangible factors however it suits their arguments.  "First game with his new team" is regularly used as a disadvantage and a way to excuse a player's poor performance (even a RB).  Unless the guy has a good game, then it's only because of the massive advantage that it was his first game with his new team.

I guess this is a good example of people spinning all of these intangible factors however it suits their arguments.  "First game with his new team" is regularly used as a disadvantage and a way to excuse a player's poor performance (even a RB).  Unless the guy has a good game, then it's only because of the massive advantage that it was his first game with his new team.
Not really, players get amped up and are known for this. See "Revenge Game" narrative, or "first time facing his old team". It's a popular sentiment that is especially prevalent in the DFS community, much like the "squeaky wheel" factor.

If anything, it feels like people are jumping on one game in the most positive of situations and discounting the other 6 as outliers when the statistical probability of that is very low. 

Not really, players get amped up and are known for this. See "Revenge Game" narrative, or "first time facing his old team". It's a popular sentiment that is especially prevalent in the DFS community, much like the "squeaky wheel" factor.

If anything, it feels like people are jumping on one game in the most positive of situations and discounting the other 6 as outliers when the statistical probability of that is very low. 
Yeah no. We are discounting his games on the Saints because he was getting 5 carries a game. We can only use these past  two games as an indication for what is to come. 1 really good game and 1 bad game in London. 

Probably somewhere in between at this stage. Not the stud he looked like last week but also not the dud he looked like yesterday.

Unfortunately, Stanton back there isn't going to help his cause - expect a lot of of 8-man boxes. And AP is not the most dynamic pass catcher, so he's going to need good game scripts to get a lot of touches.

:lmao:

So we have 4 possibilities:

1. For the rest of the season, he's going to play like he did in week 6 and 9, which makes ADP an RB1.

2. For the rest of the season, he's going to play like he did in Week 7, which makes ADP an RB3 or RB4. Or a bust to start.

3. He's going to go back and forth, no way to predict how he'll play.

4. He's going to play like an RB1 at home, and an RB3 on the road.

Which is it? It's very important that I figure this out.

So we have 4 possibilities:

1. For the rest of the season, he's going to play like he did in week 6 and 9, which makes ADP an RB1.

2. For the rest of the season, he's going to play like he did in Week 7, which makes ADP an RB3 or RB4. Or a bust to start.

3. He's going to go back and forth, no way to predict how he'll play.

4. He's going to play like an RB1 at home, and an RB3 on the road.

Which is it? It's very important that I figure this out.
He’s pedestrian no matter where he plays in ppr

if you are relying on him more than flex play you are likely in trouble.  

The 49ers have laid down and died, that is pretty clear.  AP is not going to get 40 carries per game
Make sure to get your excuse ready for Seahawks next week. I can give you some suggestions: Seahawks aren't what they use to be, or maybe Seahawks don't play good on the road.

It's the 49ers, but good job going on the wayback machine for that one. When he duds a 19/49 you won't see me with an emoji post, I'll be too busy not caring.

I mean my earlier point still stood but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Yeah most teams have a bye week. 2 weeks makes statements ancient history to you?
Are we really going to argue how long a statement takes to become old in an NFL player thread, or the fact that my point still is valid in that Adrian Peterson took advantage of a great matchup and the fact his team is actively trying to hide the QB (who had a similar great matchup)? Your call.

Are we really going to argue how long a statement takes to become old in an NFL player thread, or the fact that my point still is valid in that Adrian Peterson took advantage of a great matchup and the fact his team is actively trying to hide the QB (who had a similar great matchup)? Your call.
What we are arguing is you telling me Peterson was done two weeks ago. Clearly he is not done.

What we are arguing is you telling me Peterson was done two weeks ago. Clearly he is not done.
All that backtracking looking to feed people crow and you miss this:

I don't think he's done per se, but does AP have enough to overcome Drew Stanton as his QB? I don't think so.

So what’s the end result? Which of you two measures larger in inches? 
I'm trying to see why he quoted me specifically when others took AP to task and found out the answer: mistaken identity. I'm good now.

Users who are viewing this thread