What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (5 Viewers)

I am not saying the seasons set up exactly the same or that the team improved.  I acknowledge the early schedule is brutal. 

I also recognize that garbage points still count.  They are likely getting blown out in those games on defense.  Its going to be an ugly season.  Screen passes still count if he survives. 

McCoy had better hope the news cycles spin in his favor.  Any further developments in his story combined with a slow NFL news day could spell big trouble, especially given that the NFL seems to dole out punishments purely based on PR rather than fairness or justice...  

Joe Buscaglia‏Verified account @JoeBuscaglia 6h6 hours ago

In the “for what it’s worth” department: RB Marcus Murphy took the second snap behind LeSean McCoy today during individual drills. Ahead of Chris Ivory. #Bills

That's been going on for weeks now. Not that you should know, I stumbled across it by happenstance.

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
That's been going on for weeks now. Not that you should know, I stumbled across it by happenstance.
He's been getting work ahead of Ivory in practice for weeks? I knew he was turning heads during preseason action and I thought it was odd that they held him out of the 4th preseason game along with Ivory (made me nervous about McCoy) but I assumed he was working behind Ivory the entire time.

I was surprised to see that he was 27, I hadn't ever heard until just recently. 

I had the 10th pick in a 12 teamer, PPR and I got McCoy in the 3rd round and to be honest, unless he gets suspended, I'm liking it. Yeah he will have crappy weeks but he gets the touches, he still gets a few dump passes thrown his way EVERY SINGLE game...getting this in a late third round pick is value in my opinion.

McCoy's baby mama of their 6yr old has now said McCoy used their son as a way to take advantage of her. Said the night before robbery she heard McCoy saying "I need to get this ##### out of my house". He called her the next day and said he'd switch his child care over to her to enroll their son in school in Mia if she would post a nice character report (Report we all got from her IG account a friend posted for her). She also claims McCoy has abuse their son on multiple occasions. 

McCoy accused by his 6yr old son's mother of Child abuse claims she was Blackmailed

Too many things at this point.  

If I can get a slightly lesser RB, or a WR3, I'm probably jumping on it.  

Rib injury, groin injury in pre-season.  Trouble looming.  Bills are terrible.  

Also, maybe the Bills figure it out and he's the mother of all buy lows.  Maybe they don't.  Maybe he finally gets a suspension.  Just too many if's.  

KellysHeroes said:
Very concerned now, pretty much done
I was excited the first few yrs we had him in Philly. Saw him at Pitt and instantly loved his playing style as like many have said it was Barry Sanders sequel. However after a few yrs reports started popping out about him being a trouble maker. Then we had the incident in the limo where he threw the girl out of the limo on the highway. Then we had the Riley Cooper racial slur thing and how he couldn't trust Riley anymore yet Shady I heard was the biggest culprit of using that word in not just the locker room but around friends and even his child at the time (the 6 years old now). When my co workers son got to the team with Doug Peterson he heard a few ex teammates who are still there talking mad trash on him. Some of the stuff was pretty brutal. If there was one move Chip got right it was getting that clown out of town. At the very least Kiko Alonso getting traded to MIA helped facilitate the Eagles moving up to Draft Wentz. 

If I was a Shady owner right now I'd probably sell him right now. Maybe if in a dynasty keeper league take a rookie or second year guy who hasn't done much but could do something later and a pick. Like @jm192 said if you can get a slightly lesser RB or a WR3 for him you jump on it. I had Josh Gordon two years ago and there was a guy in my league who had an absolute man crush on the guy. I ended up getting Melvin Gordon and a pick for him that in turned ended up being drafting Carson Wentz in our draft the next year despite having Aaron Rodgers already. So you never know what could happen. Sometimes you just got to let go a player even if you don't want too. Get something for Shady now. 

As a person who drafted him more than a few times, I was fully expecting a slow start due to tougher opponents. However I am concerned about the lack of targets in the passing game and the ability of Allen to start dumping off. I still like the end of season schedule though!

KellysHeroes said:
Very concerned now, pretty much done
I was pretty ticked off he got pulled at the goalline last week.

I don't know what I was expecting drafting this guy. More targets than he's been getting, I guess.

Now, he's got banged up ribs. That's great. The only positive is that I also drafted Kelvin Benjamin with him. I figured if McCoy busts, the Bills are slinging the ball around and that means points for King Garbage Time Benjamin.

Also handcuffed Ivory, so not too worried if he misses time. Could be an improvement.

If you want to be optimistic, he did have a 27 yard run last week. Guys who are "done" typically aren't doing that.

He's averaging about the same YPC, his team just isn't competitive. Having a rookie at QB is doing him no favors either.

Nowhere to go but up after Minnesota this week. He gets Green Bay, Tennessee, Houston, Indianapolis.

5 of his first 8 games are on the road. So definitely a buy low opportunity as the Bills should be more competitive at home.

LeSean McCoy (questionable, ribs) travelled with the team to Minnesota.

It puts him on track to play Sunday. McCoy practiced with a non-contact jersey this week, but this is a pain tolerance issue he should play through. At less than 100 percent with a matchup against the Vikings run defense, McCoy is an easy shy-away for Week 3.

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter 

Sep 22 - 2:31 PM

LeSean McCoy (questionable, ribs) is unlikely to play in Week 3 against the Vikings.

McCoy traveled with the team to Minnesota but remains unlikely to play. He'll reportedly test his ribs out pregame before making a final decision. With Taiwan Jones (head) additionally questionable, the Bills could take the field against the Vikings with only Chris Ivory and third-down back Marcus Murphy available. It's best avoiding this one altogether.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 23 - 12:05 AM

LeSean McCoy (ribs) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Packers.

McCoy was limited in practice throughout the week but remained insistent he would play. Although all signs point to him suiting up, his floor is no longer what it used to be, especially on the road in this matchup against the Packers that could lead to a negative game script for the Bills' rushing attack. Josh Allen is the only skill player worth starting for Buffalo, and even that's a stretch at Lambeau Field. It's best to avoid this offense altogether in Week 4.

Sep 30 - 12:01 AM

Green Bay is 29th in defensive efficiency against the run.

Damn right Shady wants to play.  I am playing him and looking for his best game of the season so far. 

Really, who is going to trade anything for McCoy?  Seems like he could fit in with a few teams, but why pay for a 30 year old running back with legal issues...

Think I'm going to bench him this week. If all Ezekiel Elliot could muster is 54 yards on 20 carries against Houston, what confidence can I possibly have in McCoy to have a big game? Elliot got 7 catches for 30 yards which saved him fantasy day. Logic dictates that the Texans should probably blow out the Bills, which should keep McCoy's carries under 20.

Let's give him 15 carries at 3.8 YPC (57 yards) to go with let's say 4 catches for 26 yards. Gives him 5.7 + 4 + 2.6 = 12.3. On second thought, that might be startable...

Stuart Ullman said:
Think I'm going to bench him this week. If all Ezekiel Elliot could muster is 54 yards on 20 carries against Houston, what confidence can I possibly have in McCoy to have a big game? Elliot got 7 catches for 30 yards which saved him fantasy day. Logic dictates that the Texans should probably blow out the Bills, which should keep McCoy's carries under 20.

Let's give him 15 carries at 3.8 YPC (57 yards) to go with let's say 4 catches for 26 yards. Gives him 5.7 + 4 + 2.6 = 12.3. On second thought, that might be startable...
Bills are showcasing LeSean now.  They want to get value for him.  I am on the fence.  If he has a good outing I think the Eagles may pull the trigger. 

I am holding for now since there is still a chance he gets traded.  

I meant to quote Stuart- my bad I am sleep deprived from watching that game last night..lol
Yeah, I am holding hoping for a trade because it isn't like the menu of upcoming Bills games is enticing ... NE, CHI, @NYJ, BYE, JAC, @MIA, NYJ, DET, @NE

Who are the BIlls are going to run on? NE? They are going to be trailing by 60 at the half.  The Jets?  I am not sure the Jets aren't going to stuff this team.  Chicago? Jacksonville? @ Miami?  

I get the sense that this team is going to be tanking soon (by choice or otherwise) and, in that light, Shady may just pull a LeVeon to "save his body" for next year....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports LeSean McCoy has cleared the concussion protocol.

This was always the expectation after he was able to practice on Thursday. The Bills have scored 31 points total the last four games, so McCoy does not carry much fantasy upside, but he should be the focal point of the offense in a pretty good spot. That keeps him in the RB2 conversation.

Oct 28 - 4:02 PM

LeSean McCoy - RB -  Bills

LeSean McCoy rushed 12 times for 13 yards and caught 6-of-8 targets for 82 yards in the Week 8 loss to the Patriots.

McCoy gained 12 yards on one run, so the other 12 gained a total of one. He saved his fantasy week by leading the Bills in both catches and yards while tying Zay Jones for the team-high in targets. It's been a real struggle for McCoy as a runner in an offense that has zero threat at quarterback and routinely gets blown out on the scoreboard. A Tuesday trade would be best for McCoy. If he stays in Buffalo, a date with the Bears looms next. He'd be an RB3 in that spot.

Oct 30 - 12:25 AM

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports LeSean McCoy is not expected to be traded ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

Darlington reports "several teams reached out," but the Bills did not really pursue the matter. The Bills seem to be in the same sort of situation the Browns were with Joe Thomas in 2017. Trading McCoy makes sense on paper but how much worse can they make the team as they try to develop a rookie quarterback? McCoy was also not going to fetch more than a late-round pick. It's not surprising he's staying in Buffalo.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter 

Oct 30 - 2:01 PM

Bills GM Brandon Beane expects LeSean McCoy to "definitely" be in the team's plans for next season.

"LeSean is still a very good player in this league," Beane told the Buffalo News. "We like what he brings, to the point we'll have him back in 2019." McCoy (3.4 YPC) has looked washed behind a bad offensive line this year, setting career lows through seven weeks. The Bills fielded McCoy offers at the deadline but ultimately didn't trade him. McCoy is going to be a walk year 31-year-old back owed $9 million in 2019 with declined production and questionable off-field baggage. Buffalo can save $6.4 million from moving on from McCoy this offseason.

Source: Buffalo News 

Nov 3 - 12:12 PM

Just don't understand why they didn't trade him. Maybe they didn't want to send a signal to their fans that they were giving up? But seems like they should've gotten something for him.

Just don't understand why they didn't trade him. Maybe they didn't want to send a signal to their fans that they were giving up? But seems like they should've gotten something for him.
Locker room presence for the rookie. They have already made it clear they want him for next year also. 

Users who are viewing this thread