What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

So you don’t think Duke is the pass catching back? Okay. Hyde may be the worst receiving back in the league so your comment is really bizarre all the way around.
It’s pretty clear he’s saying Duke is basically just a pass catching RB and that only Hyde is a roadblock for Chubb because regardless of who the 2 down banger is, Duke will remain the COP RB. 

It’s pretty clear he’s saying Duke is basically just a pass catching RB and that only Hyde is a roadblock for Chubb because regardless of who the 2 down banger is, Duke will remain the COP RB. 
Sometimes there’s some great stuff on this board. Most of the time posters could use an esl course.

So you don’t think Duke is the pass catching back? Okay. Hyde may be the worst receiving back in the league so your comment is really bizarre all the way around.
No, I do think he is the pass catching back. I specifically said that.

”duke might steal the receptions if Hyde goes down”

and you’re here criticizing people for their comprehension?  :confused:

Anyone think someone trading Fournette for Chubb & K. Johnson is crazy? (dynasty) It'd probably be crazy for the Chubb owner to do that deal actually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think someone trading Fournette for Chubb & K. Johnson is crazy? (dynasty) It'd probably be crazy for the Chubb owner to do that deal actually...
This. Chubb had a terrible injury in college, but Fournette has missed significant time in both his NFL seasons so far.

ETA - obviously it's early this year, but hamstrings can linger 

I never saw him fall past 1.06 in any of my five dynasty leagues. 
Yeah he went top 5 in three of my 4 dynasty IDP leagues (those were 16 team leagues). Dropped to 11 (my team) in the 12 team start 2 QB league I'm in. Was surprised to see that, definitely didn't anticipate it. Have Hyde in that one too.

Guys,  the later you drafted likely the later Chubb went.  Preseason didnt go that well for him and if you watched Hard Knocks you could not be confident in Cleveland as an organization.  It’s not that confusing.

Does anyone know how Chubb is in pass protection? This could be the reason that he has been stuck behind Hyde so far. Maybe he hasnt been able to pick up the blitz and needs more time to figure that out.

He was picked as the 16th rookie in my startup dynasty PPR superflex TE premium league (phew!), 8th rookie RB. He didn’t have the best preseason as some noted but he was repeatedly hit before the line of scrimmage and impressed me with yards after contact. Very pleased with getting him this late.

NeverEnough said:
I tried it & was countered with Kerryon & Mike Evans for Fournette & Juju. (PPR dynasty)

I think the dropoff @ Rb I'd take is not worth the WR upgrade here. Especially since RB is my weak spot & I am strong at WR without Evans.

He initially offered Breida & KJ for Fournette.

Does anyone know how Chubb is in pass protection? This could be the reason that he has been stuck behind Hyde so far. Maybe he hasnt been able to pick up the blitz and needs more time to figure that out.
He's been stuck behind Hyde because he looked terrible in preseason and did nothing the first three games.  Alternatively, Hyde has played well.  Hyde is not gonna dazzle you, but he will almost always keep the Browns out of negative plays, and has a nose for the endzone.

The two TD's that Chubb scored; those were impressive.  I don't think Hyde could have set up, and juked the LB like Chubb did to get to the second level.  Hyde would have gotten 6-8 yards on that carry though.  On the other run, Hyde would have gotten 20-30 yards before being run down.  Chubb obviously showed his speed and made it a TD.  I don't think Chubb will ever have a stranglehold on touches in this backfield barring an injury.  I can see the Browns keeping to their statements of getting Chubb 10 touches or so and possibly increasing to a 60-40 split late in the season favoring Chubb.  But expecting Chubb to get 80+% of the touches starting this week is looking at this through fantasy goggles.

bumpman said:
Guys,  the later you drafted likely the later Chubb went.  Preseason didnt go that well for him and if you watched Hard Knocks you could not be confident in Cleveland as an organization.  It’s not that confusing.
This doesn't hold up because preseason didn't go well for Penny, Michel, Rojo, or Guice, either. I think the best explanation is that some leagues just draft wacky.

Here's my Chubb rookie draft take since it seems to be the topic of the time:

SB and Guice certainly went ahead of him given their perceived talent and situation.

Rojo, Sony and Penny also could easily be justified over Chubb given a blend of talent, situation and draft capital. 

Freeman and Kerryon are a maybe. They are talented and their situations looked better than Chubb. They were pretty even and a matter of preference IMO.

Ridley and DJ could have gone ahead of Chubb depending on team's roster/starting requirements. They were the top 2 dynasty WR prospects and if a team was looking for WR help, I can see choose either over Chubb. 

So that's 9 guys that could be justified ahead of Chubb. 

Here's my Chubb rookie draft take since it seems to be the topic of the time:

SB and Guice certainly went ahead of him given their perceived talent and situation.

Rojo, Sony and Penny also could easily be justified over Chubb given a blend of talent, situation and draft capital. 

Freeman and Kerryon are a maybe. They are talented and their situations looked better than Chubb. They were pretty even and a matter of preference IMO.

Ridley and DJ could have gone ahead of Chubb depending on team's roster/starting requirements. They were the top 2 dynasty WR prospects and if a team was looking for WR help, I can see choose either over Chubb. 

So that's 9 guys that could be justified ahead of Chubb. 
I looked at a lot of rookie drafts, rookie rankings, rookie scouting reprots, and ADPs and I don't think I ever saw Ridley in the top 9. Old rookie in the shadow of Julio playing with a QB who only threw 21 TDs last year... I know recency bias might make Ridley look like a justified pick ahead of Chubb, but ignoring what's happened in September, he's the most egregious player listed. 

Just about every top 9 had the big 8 RBs and Moore. Freeman and KJ were always the last two RBs. Freeman was the last one drafted by the NFL, but had a better perceived situation and KJ for some reason had a lot of detractors plus a crowded backfield. It would be truly unexpected to see one of them go ahead of Chubb.

To me the latest possible slot for Chubb was 1.06, but I like Moore and even on teams that needed a WR, I was taking Chubb ahead of him. Most people seemed to agree, but a lot of that was people not liking the Carolina landing spot. Had he landed somewhere else, I think his ADP would've moved up a few spots (his ADP seemed to settle in at 1.07 ahead of Freeman and KJ).

Predraft, almost everyone had Chubb stickied at 1.03 behind Barkley and Guice. After Guice slipped in the draft and Penny went higher than expected, I saw Penny move to 1.02 and Guice fall to 3rd or 4th. Never did I see Chubb slip past 1.04, but I did see him fall to 5th or 6th in some individual drafts. Personally, I kept him at 1.02 in my rankings although I never had to make that decision (didn't have that pick). Michel scared me due to his very high college fumble rate and landing on the most fumble punitive team in the league, but I can get why people invested in him over Chubb. Likewise, I think Guice is a great talent and Washington was a nice spot, so I can understand taking him over Chubb. But any other guys drafted ahead of him seem(ed) crazy to me and definitely bucked the trends.

This of course assumes 1QB leagues. 

Would be interesting to see an October rookie draft. Probably some massive overreactions to 4 weeks of play.

Soulfly3 said:
Soulfly3, President of the Chubb Clubb, reporting for duty. 
After waivers this week, I have a Chubb.  And, he may my RB2 this week....unfortunately.  Chubb has talent but he is still behind Hyde and Hyde is doing OK. 

I looked at a lot of rookie drafts, rookie rankings, rookie scouting reprots, and ADPs and I don't think I ever saw Ridley in the top 9. Old rookie in the shadow of Julio playing with a QB who only threw 21 TDs last year... I know recency bias might make Ridley look like a justified pick ahead of Chubb, but ignoring what's happened in September, he's the most egregious player listed. 

Just about every top 9 had the big 8 RBs and Moore. Freeman and KJ were always the last two RBs. Freeman was the last one drafted by the NFL, but had a better perceived situation and KJ for some reason had a lot of detractors plus a crowded backfield. It would be truly unexpected to see one of them go ahead of Chubb.

To me the latest possible slot for Chubb was 1.06, but I like Moore and even on teams that needed a WR, I was taking Chubb ahead of him. Most people seemed to agree, but a lot of that was people not liking the Carolina landing spot. Had he landed somewhere else, I think his ADP would've moved up a few spots (his ADP seemed to settle in at 1.07 ahead of Freeman and KJ).

Predraft, almost everyone had Chubb stickied at 1.03 behind Barkley and Guice. After Guice slipped in the draft and Penny went higher than expected, I saw Penny move to 1.02 and Guice fall to 3rd or 4th. Never did I see Chubb slip past 1.04, but I did see him fall to 5th or 6th in some individual drafts. Personally, I kept him at 1.02 in my rankings although I never had to make that decision (didn't have that pick). Michel scared me due to his very high college fumble rate and landing on the most fumble punitive team in the league, but I can get why people invested in him over Chubb. Likewise, I think Guice is a great talent and Washington was a nice spot, so I can understand taking him over Chubb. But any other guys drafted ahead of him seem(ed) crazy to me and definitely bucked the trends.

Would be interesting to see an October rookie draft. Probably some massive overreactions to 4 weeks of play.
I am just giving you my opinion on how I thought rookie drafts could shake out within reason. I think Chubb would normally go before Ridley, Moore, Kerryon, etc. However, if someone took Ridley or Kerryone ahead of Chubb it was (and still is) defensible. 

Oddly and surprisingly Ridley went 4th in our draft (Barkley, Guice, Michel, Ridley, Jones, Chubb). Looking back obviously it was a good pick. 

If you watched college, you can justify 1, MAYBE 2 guys ahead of him. For me, 1. 

No more. 
I watched college football and post injury I didn't see a running back that clearly a top 3 talent. The lack of receptions was/is the biggest concern. 

Here is the first round of the rookie dynasty draft I did on sept. 4th I believe (my team is “Can’t Hyde my Chubb”). I took Sony with the 3rd pick hoping and praying that Chubb would get to me at 7.  

I was ecstatic when Chubb fell to me at 1.7.  I am betting that the penny and rojo owners are kicking themselves after watching Chubb rip off those 2 runs.  Couldn’t believe rojo went where he did given his preseason: 

Round 1

1) KHunt  - Saquon Barkley, rb, GMEN

2) PW ODB - Royce Freeman, RB, DEN

3) Can’t Hyde My Chubb - Sony Michel, RB, NEP

4) BDL - Rashaad Penny, RB, Sea

5) Eff Boxy - Ronald Jones II, RB, TB

6) FFA - Kerryon Johnson, RB, DET

7) Can’t Hyde My Chubb - NICK “can’t Hyde my” CHUBB, mofos!! RB, CLE

8) Smash####s - Courtland Sutton WR Den

9) FFA - Derrius Guice RB Washington 

10) KHunt - Anthony Miller, WR, DA Bears

11) Goombas - Michael Gallup, wr, Cowboys

12) More Rosoff - Calvin Ridley - WR - Falcons

No lie. 30+ year keeper league with supposedly knowledgeable owners who I thought would know better. Started getting excited at around 2.07 that he was dropping. Started making trade offers nobody accepted at 3.01 and fell into my lap at 3.05. Still can’t believe that happened as I wanted him since he took over for gurley at Georgia and saw some of those runs he ripped off  

Glad it did as it looks like he could be something special
Fell to me at 2.15 in my 16 team 6 keeper league (had no 1st rounder and there are no live trades during the draft or I would've tried to trade up like crazy as well). I guess Hyde scared the other owners off, couldn't believe my luck.

Fell to me at 2.15 in my 16 team 6 keeper league (had no 1st rounder and there are no live trades during the draft or I would've tried to trade up like crazy as well). I guess Hyde scared the other owners off, couldn't believe my luck.
I think the whole Browns thing scared people off more than anything.  He fell to me pretty late in my keeper league as well and I was able to cuff him with Hyde. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread