What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (2 Viewers)

Not sure why he went out of bounds though to stop the clock. 
doubt RBs are versed in the nfl rulebook on giving themselves up, since they'll likely never do it in their lives.

browns were gonna have to spike 1-2x regardless if he went OOB or not, iirc. 

Just a good play all around, from talent to execution. Out of bounds didn't matter whatsoever. Unfortunately, the people that got hosed have no real argument with anything except against bad beats. That's a tough one for them, for sure.

Oh well. You play to win the game.

I would have loved the extra 6 points, but look at it this way.  It was 3rd & 3.  He could have gave himself up after 4 yards.  The game outcome would have been the same.  So he gave his FF managers 5.5 more points than he needed to.

Nick Chubb rushed 19 times for 144 yards and a touchdown in the Browns Week 12 win over the Jaguars.

Chubb now has three straight 100-yard games after returning from a knee injury that sent him to injured reserve for a number of weeks. He has also carried the ball at least 19 times in every game since getting back on the field. Chubb added three receptions for 32 yards. It was his first game of the year with more than one reception. As long as the Browns are facing an opponent that doesn't project to put up points in droves, 100 yards and a score could become an every-week thing for Chubb. No team wants to run the ball more than Cleveland and they do it well enough to build an offense around it. Chubb is an unquestioned RB1 going forward. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
6th leading rusher in the NFL despite only 7 games played (6.5 technically)

highest ypc of anyone in the top 10 (6.3ypc)

most 20+yd rushes of any RB in the NFL (10) - next highest is Henry with (8) - Chubb only has 115 carries v Henry's 256

I'll say it til Im blue in the face... THE BEST RB IN THE NFL. 

Soulfly3 said:
6th leading rusher in the NFL despite only 7 games played (6.5 technically)

highest ypc of anyone in the top 10 (6.3ypc)

most 20+yd rushes of any RB in the NFL (10) - next highest is Henry with (8) - Chubb only has 115 carries v Henry's 256

I'll say it til Im blue in the face... THE BEST RB IN THE NFL. 
Best rusher for sure. I'd probably call mccaffrey a better overall player, but that's it. 

Chubb should be used more in the passing game, ok hands, and a monster after the catch.

I'm a huge fan of Chubb, maybe not Soufly level, but big and I think he's the best pure runner in the NFL.

That said, in the last two games combined against the Ravens, Chubb finished with 101yds and no touchdowns. So this weekend's first fantasy playoff game versus the #4 against the run Defense didn't look like a great matchup and now looks worse. 

Twitter: @ScottBarrettDFB

PFF's Highest-Graded Guard. CLE averaging 181.7 rushing YPG when he plays. The 3 games he missed were their 3 lowest rushing total games (101, 82, 75).

@EliotCrist has been all over this.

Twitter: @AdamSchefter

Browns placed G Wyatt Teller on Reserve/COVID-19.

2:37 PM · Dec 8, 2020·Twitter Web App
Teller was out weeks 6 (@PIT), 7 (@CIN), and 8 (LVR). This overlaps with the same period Chubb was out so it's not totally damning, but he's definitely one of the key ingredients to Chubb's success and his loss is going to be exaggerated against such a good run D. From what I've been able to find there is a chance he will be able to play on MNF, but we might not know before Sunday's action is in the books.

I haven't seen any other Browns players added to the covid list yet but, we've seen it happen before this season where one guy gets added only to be joined a few days later by a slew of others. Something to monitor.

At any rate, it's unlikely people have better options to play at this point in the season and of course ASYS, but it's something to think about. I'm giving serious consideration to sitting Chubb for Galman who has a juicy match up and is on a tear. If I do, you're all welcome for Chubb's 100+yd multi-TD blowup against Baltimore.

“Stefanski also said Teller is on track to come off the COVID-19 list by the end of the week and be available for the game.”

this was this afternoon.  

I'm a huge fan of Chubb, maybe not Soufly level, but big and I think he's the best pure runner in the NFL.

That said, in the last two games combined against the Ravens, Chubb finished with 101yds and no touchdowns. So this weekend's first fantasy playoff game versus the #4 against the run Defense didn't look like a great matchup and now looks worse. 

Teller was out weeks 6 (@PIT), 7 (@CIN), and 8 (LVR). This overlaps with the same period Chubb was out so it's not totally damning, but he's definitely one of the key ingredients to Chubb's success and his loss is going to be exaggerated against such a good run D. From what I've been able to find there is a chance he will be able to play on MNF, but we might not know before Sunday's action is in the books.

I haven't seen any other Browns players added to the covid list yet but, we've seen it happen before this season where one guy gets added only to be joined a few days later by a slew of others. Something to monitor.

At any rate, it's unlikely people have better options to play at this point in the season and of course ASYS, but it's something to think about. I'm giving serious consideration to sitting Chubb for Galman who has a juicy match up and is on a tear. If I do, you're all welcome for Chubb's 100+yd multi-TD blowup against Baltimore.
Didn’t he go for a billion yards and multiple scores in the 3 last game vs ravens?

Fact checked myself; looks like over the past two games (week 1 2020, week 16 2019) he actually went: 25/105yds/1rec/6yds/0td in total. 

Week 4 2019 he did go 20/165/3td though.

Fact checked myself; looks like over the past two games (week 1 2020, week 16 2019) he actually went: 25/105yds/1rec/6yds/0td in total. 

Week 4 2019 he did go 20/165/3td though.
Its not like the Ravens stopped Chubb in week 1 this year either. He had 6 YPC, they just abandoned the run(by their standards anyway) when they were behind by 3 scores. Based on both Cleveland and Baltimore have played lately, that scenario is almost certainly not going to happen again. 

Chubb should be in the RB5-10 range in my opinion.

Its not like the Ravens stopped Chubb in week 1 this year either. He had 6 YPC, they just abandoned the run(by their standards anyway) when they were behind by 3 scores. Based on both Cleveland and Baltimore have played lately, that scenario is almost certainly not going to happen again. 

Chubb should be in the RB5-10 range in my opinion.
He will go well with my Akers this week 

Nick Chubb rushed 17 times for 82 yards and two touchdowns in the Browns' Week 14 loss to the Ravens.

He caught both of his pass-game targets for 21 yards and has now eclipsed 100 total yards in all five games since returning from I.R. Chubb scored the Browns' first two touchdowns of the game, running in from seven and 14 yards out in the first half. He now has five rushing scores in five games back from the sprained MCL and is averaging 19.8 touches per contest in that span. Chubb is an every-week RB1 no matter the opponent and gets a Week 15 date with the Giants.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:57 PM ET

Nick Chubb rushed 15 times for 50 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 15 win over the Giants.

Cleveland was missing their star right guard in Wyatt Teller and his backup exited on the second play. There were fewer rushing lanes because of it, especially against the big fellas the Giants deploy on the interior defensive line. Still, Chubb was a fine fantasy play after finding the end zone in the second half. When in good game scripts, Chubb has a monster ceiling. Things are setting up for a big week next Sunday with the Jets on schedule.

- Rotoworld

What happened to him at the end of the game last night?  He didn't get a touch after his TD, I think.

Last Browns' series, Hunt was in the backfield, seemed to get dinged on the first play.  He hobbled/limped to the sideline, and they sent in D. Johnson, who got 1 FD, but didn't get the 2nd one needed to kneel out the clock.

Why wasn't Chubb in at the end?   Did they mention it on the broadcast, post-game interviews/pressers, etc?  Anyone know?

Game was over and in hand, and they likely had no reason to risk injury. 

Just a guess, they didn't say, and nothing said since. 

What happened to him at the end of the game last night?  He didn't get a touch after his TD, I think.

Last Browns' series, Hunt was in the backfield, seemed to get dinged on the first play.  He hobbled/limped to the sideline, and they sent in D. Johnson, who got 1 FD, but didn't get the 2nd one needed to kneel out the clock.

Why wasn't Chubb in at the end?   Did they mention it on the broadcast, post-game interviews/pressers, etc?  Anyone know?
I wish they would have started resting him before his TD.  I have Dionte Johnson left and need 100 yds and a TD now to win and advance to the Super Bowl.  

thread rename @EBF?

Nick Chubb rushed 11 times for 28 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 16 loss to the Jets.

The Browns had four rushing yards at half time and only finished with 45. It's safe to say that RG Wyatt Teller's and LT Jedrick Wills' absences had an impact on the ground game. Chubb did convert a goal-line carry into a score and added 5-38-0 as a receiver to save his fantasy box score. The Browns will be playing for a playoff spot in Week 17 and should have a few offensive starters back in the lineup to open up more lanes for Chubb and Kareem Hunt. Cleveland will close the regular season with the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

Nick Chubb ran more pass routes than Kareem Hunt in the Browns' Week 16 loss to the Jets. 

Chubb only had 11 rushing attempts as the Browns chased points throughout the game. But he ran 25 pass routes to Hunt's 23 routes, drawing five targets along with Hunt. Hunt did not have an expanded passing game role with the team's top four wideouts on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Chubb's pass game usage is an encouraging sign that his fantasy prospects aren't game script sensitive. 

RELATED: 

Kareem Hunt

Dec 28, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

O-Lines are underrated. Elite backs like Chubb and Elliott lose key members of the O-Line and they look ordinary. 
It's true, but Sunday was more than just that. With the WR room out the Jets correctly game planned to make the Browns beat them with anyone else. 

Nick Chubb rushed 14 times for 108 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 17 win over the Steelers. 

Chubb's sixth 100-yard rushing performance of the season gives him his second straight 1,000-yard campaign, this one in only 12 games. His touchdown today was a 47-yarder where he looked shot out of a cannon break breaking one tackle and slipping a few others. Chubb scored in 10-of-12 appearances this season, a preposterous achievement. Leaned on strangely little over the past two weeks, Chubb will have to be a point of emphasis if the Browns are to have any shot at springing a Wild Card upset in their road rematch with the Steelers. 

- Rotoworld

Nick Chubb rushed 18 times for 76 yards, hauling in all four of his targets for (a nice) 69 receiving yards and one score in Cleveland's Wild Card domination of the Steelers.

Chubb opened the game on fire, rocketing to 17- and 20-yard gains with his first two carries. The Steelers nearly held him in check from that point forward, limiting him to 39 yards and 2.4 YPC for the rest of the game, but interim play-caller Alex Van Pelt intelligently kept the 25-year-old involved as a receiver, allowing Chubb to house a 40-yard screen pass following coach Mike Tomlin's cowardly decision to punt the ball on 4th-and-6 while trailing 35-23 to open the fourth quarter. Chubb's 22 touches were his most since Week 12, out-carrying Kareem Hunt 18-8. Chubb will return in the Divisional Round against the Chiefs as a strong option for any contrarian DFS builds.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:51 PM ET

Nick Chubb rushed 13 times for 69 yards in the Browns' Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs, adding two receptions for four additional yards. 

Chubb out-touched Kareem Hunt 15-7 but failed to provide DFS returns in a heartbreaking loss for the Browns. It was Hunt who found the end zone. It was Hunt who curbed Chubb's ceiling all season, as the Browns' 1A back reached 20 carries only two times all year, and only once after returning from his knee issue in Week 10. Chubb's knee cost him four games, but his effectiveness did not wane following his six-week layoff. Chubb's 5.6 yards per carry were second amongst running backs after he was sixth in 2019. Chubb benefitted from improved blocking but also continued to operate as arguably the league's best pure runner, blowing the competition away in Pro Football Focus' "elusiveness rating," which measures rushing production independent of blocking. Headed into the final year of his rookie contract, Chubb will be an extension candidate for the run-minded Browns. Even with Hunt signed for 2021, Chubb will remain a safe top-20 pick in all formats of fantasy. 

- Rotoworld
Chubb should be good for the Georgia Bulldogs next year.

Chubb should be good for the Georgia Bulldogs next year.
Yeah, time for a change of thread name EBF.

Here's a fun clip from Baldy.

------------------------------------------------------------

Baldy Breakdown

Brian Baldinger@BaldyNFL

@Browns@NickChubb21

is flat out a SPECIAL player; and behind the “UNION” he becomes even more special . Just enjoy these 4 runs and appreciate the variety of skills that make him different. #dawgpound #BaldysBreakdowns

Nick Chubb said his agent has been in talks with the Browns about an extension.

Chubb's supporting cast and coach Kevin Stefanski's run-heavy offense are "among the reasons he prefers to stay in Cleveland." Even with missing four games to an MCL sprain, Chubb still ran for over 1,000 yards last year and had a career-high 12 touchdowns. The Browns, who gave Kareem Hunt a two-year contract in September, may look to extend Chubb before training camp. The two-time Pro Bowler is likely looking for a deal in the range of the $12 million APY Aaron Jones got from the Packers this offseason.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 18, 2021, 7:07 PM ET

Whoa, 3 more years of Chubb in Cleveland for $36M ($20M guaranteed).

NFL teams have been regretting second contracts for RBs, but am I nuts for thinking this is a good idea? Chubb feels like he has old man game that’ll age well even as he declines physically. Peterson, Lynch, Gore, etc.

Chubb feels like he has old man game that’ll age well even as he declines physically. Peterson, Lynch, Gore, etc.

I have never had any shares of Chubb, and every year it seems like I regret it more and more. (In my biggest league, I usually draft at the end of the 1st rd, so I won't get him there this year either)

Chubb seems about as locked and loaded of an RB1 as there is right?

I have a bit of a soft spot for Cleveland anyway, and it appears like they may be on the verge of a strong team. And good for them on signing Chubb.

Maybe I'll get him in one of my smaller leagues this season.

TZM

didn’t work out so well for the Steelers or Rams but he is a terrific back

decent chance he’ll win the rushing title and/or lead the league in TDs

best offensive line in the NFL

catches balls at a King Henry pace so I have some hesitancy putting him in the Top 4 for full PPR

17.3 PPG was 7th last year but that’s without CMC or Barkley

based on 2017-20, there might be 5-8 backs who average over 20

RB4/5 seems about right in full and maybe RB3/4 in half

:shrug:

I just looked a couple ECR (rankings not projections) - average of 15-25 experts

FULL RB12, RB12, RB13

HALF RB12, RB7, RB13

STD RB6, RB7, RB11

Mike has him at RB10 in full with an optimistic 35 receptions 

Chubb doesn’t catch a lot of passes but he is one of the best running backs in the NFL and will be playing on an offense that is going to move the ball.   I haven’t made any cheat sheets yet but Chubb seems like he will be drafted around the 5 spot.  

Whoa, 3 more years of Chubb in Cleveland for $36M ($20M guaranteed).

NFL teams have been regretting second contracts for RBs, but am I nuts for thinking this is a good idea? Chubb feels like he has old man game that’ll age well even as he declines physically. Peterson, Lynch, Gore, etc.
The interesting part is the length of the deal.

3 years locked-in with flex option to extend.

That is a perfect deal.

I just took Gibson over him in a PPR redraft. Yep, went against the grain for sure, but I like RBs before they get their big contract, and I hate the lack of usage in the run game plus Hunt. But he is a beautiful RB to watch, maybe the best pure runner in the game until Barkley shows us he's fully healthy. 

^^ wow , well thats good to hear, I have both Chubb and Gibson.good to see people have that much faith in Gibson! I love it!

is there any real tangible evidence to suggest what you're saying about players getting contracts is true? do they produce less after the contract? I wonder if true, if it applies to WRs as well..I know Bananas Foster got paid and waddled around for a while before retiring young, IIRC.

I just took Gibson over him in a PPR redraft. Yep, went against the grain for sure, but I like RBs before they get their big contract, and I hate the lack of usage in the run game plus Hunt. But he is a beautiful RB to watch, maybe the best pure runner in the game until Barkley shows us he's fully healthy. 

Couldn't agree more  - various reasons someone may not draft him for a fantasy team, but in terms of ability Chubb is amazing to watch run.

Nick Chubb played 53% of snaps and scored two touchdowns in the Browns' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs.

Chubb rushed 15 times for 83 yards (5.5 YPC) and two touchdowns, adding two catches for 18 yards in Week 1. He only played 53% of snaps, but that's par for the course with such a talented player in Kareem Hunt lurking behind him. Hunt mostly played on passing downs in addition to some short-yardage work. Expect more of the same for Chubb moving forward. With a Charmin-soft matchup against the Texans on tap, Chubb is firmly a top-12 back for Week 2.

Sep 14, 2021, 6:15 PM ET

Nick Chubb rushed 22 times for 84 yards in Cleveland's Week 3 blowout win over the Bears.

Chubb out-touched Kareem Hunt 22-16 but was out-gained 155-84 and failed to register a target. It was still a relaxing afternoon for Chubb and Cleveland's offense as its defense took this one over with nine sacks and 47 yards allowed. Chubb's best opportunity for a touchdown was his six-yard carry inside the red zone with 3:51 remaining in the fourth quarter. Next week's matchup against Minnesota is a salivating one for Chubb to bounce back in as a low-end RB1.

Users who are viewing this thread