What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phenoms going under (1 Viewer)

I found my letter and it looks like you have until the 26th to file.

The phone number listed is 801-288-0202. It is for Jeffery Mortimer, his attorney.

I'd love to hear what he has to say about claims if you get through. Please post.

Good luck.
My paperwork says we have until May 26 also. You can go to https://www.phenomsff.com/ and print out a copy of the form you were originally sent. These were just form letters and were not specific to any one individual. You then have to go to this link http://www.wiwb.uscourts.gov/fillable_forms/ProofofClaim_B10.pdf and print out the Proof of Claim form, fill that out and send it to the address indicated on the form you were sent. It's not crystal clear on the form which address, because there are several on there, but I believe it's

Bankruptcy Clerk's Office

350 S. Main #301

Salt Lake City, UT 84101

The phone # of that office is 801-524-6687

You will need information off of the form they originally sent (that you can also print out from the Phenoms site) to put on the Proof of Claim form that you will be mailing back, e.g. case number, debtor's name. You also have to put "the last 4 digits of any number by which creditor (you) identifies debtor (him)" I have no idea what they want here so I just made up a number. It's not real clear wtf you are supposed to put anywhere but maybe that's what they are hoping.The burden is totally on you to figure it out. I sent mine in last week and am just hoping for the best. Good luck.

Good stuff Dragon1952,

I sent out my proof of claim this weekend to that same address you posted. I wish I had taken a screenshot of my winnings when the Phenoms site was still up. Now all it is a link to that form letter you also linked. From memory, I had $486 from my 4 leagues and another $100 in deposits. I also supplied my original credit card purchase of $350 just in case the court rules to only refund original purchase. Honestly, I'm fine with either outcome, and not expecting a penny.

Has anyone been getting emails to revive leagues on this new site called dataforce? I'm intrigued, but I'm also a bit leery.

Good stuff Dragon1952,

I sent out my proof of claim this weekend to that same address you posted. I wish I had taken a screenshot of my winnings when the Phenoms site was still up. Now all it is a link to that form letter you also linked. From memory, I had $486 from my 4 leagues and another $100 in deposits. I also supplied my original credit card purchase of $350 just in case the court rules to only refund original purchase. Honestly, I'm fine with either outcome, and not expecting a penny.

Has anyone been getting emails to revive leagues on this new site called dataforce? I'm intrigued, but I'm also a bit leery.
I did sign up for a dataforce account. The fact that it uses leaguesafe makes me feel OK about it. That and it looks like they have spent some time/money on the site. I would doubt that someone would put that much time into something just to rip off a couple dozen people of their $40...it would make sense to grow the site until it get to around 750 leagues, make up a story about site maintenance running over budget, then take the fees and run...that and the $192 in phenoms bonus money sitting there is tempting me...nice move by the commish.

I make be a living, breathing example of the "fool me once" cliche', but I am signed up and paid for their Copper 24 league that's almost full. I am getting anxious for my first redraft of the year and am willing to give it a chance.

Hey guys, I'm Lee Harmon of DataForce Fantasy Football. Saw my business mentioned, so I'm just checking in the say hi :)

Happy to answer any questions about business practices or stability. DataForce has been around since 1987; we're not going anywhere. We have the funding, time, and motivation to get the Fantasy Football division off the ground, and our business plan puts us in it for the long haul.

Have fun this year, wherever you decide to play!

https://www.dataforceff.com

Good stuff Dragon1952,

I did take screenshots and did include them for whatever that's worth. That info still has to be available somewhere if his lawyers or the bankruptcy court wish to confirm. I can't believe he can take down the website and then claim you don't have any proof because you didn't do screenshots.

So a month has now passed and I am wondering if there has been any news to come out on this.

I was owed a nice little chunk, did all hte paperwork, =got it in on time, but I'm not holding my breath on getting much if anything.

Anyone hear anything?

I think it's too soon. Things like this don't move all that fast, plus there was another hearing a month after the first for other type of creditors so that would have put things around mid-June and now we're only 2 weeks past that.

Don't know anything about Dataforce. Took a quick peak but think I will pass. Probably did not help that their font-style reminds me vaguely of Phenom.

Although they Do use Leaguesafe so hopefully less risk.

I just joined some Yahoo leagues and may do some CBS standard leagues. Fanduel and Draftkings are also in play. I read somewhere that Yahoo may soon join the daily game so that could be interesting.

My league didn't have enough at DFF to keep it alive but I did join 1 of Lee's DFF revived Phenoms leagues orphans to give it a try.

I was in 2 Sigma auction keeper leagues and might start a new one up.

I just received in the mail what looks like the particular's of a class action lawsuit against phenoms. I don't even remember ever putting money on the site..

:shrug:

I just received in the mail what looks like the particular's of a class action lawsuit against phenoms. I don't even remember ever putting money on the site..
Did you play in a league here where Mike/Unluckyheld the funds? I just got a letter. Not class action, but related to bankruptcy trustees looking to collect fees.

Zangrilololi took all my cash,

went to Fiji in a lightning quick dash.

I had Antonio, Gronk, and Jamaal,

Zangrilololi took all my cash to buy jewelry at the mall.

I spent so much time on my prep and team,

Now Zangrilololi has crushed all my dreams.

He says the software is squarely to blame,

not the 90 inch TV and gold chandelier in his man cave.

Make it better, make him hurt,

I hope he ends up in Riker's with his #### in the dirt.

Can I summarize what I read? Everyone one in Phenoms is screwed because he stated in bankruptcy that he gambled a large portion of the funds away?

If so, then he just confessed to fraud and/or theft. (Or embezzling from the LLC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I summarize what I read? Everyone one in Phenoms is screwed because he stated in bankruptcy that he gambled a large portion of the funds away?

If so, then he just confessed to fraud and/or theft. (Or embezzling from the LLC).

Wait, so he didn't pay $300k for a web site? Non-shocker of the year.

Can somebody post the letter they got (minus private info)?
In a nutshell: There is a hearing on October 14 to review trustees' (lawyers, accountant) requests for compensation for fees. Looks like about $37,000 total if I caught them all. The purpose of the letter is to provide notification of the hearing in case you want to file an objection by Sept 25 to their requests.Written in very heavy legalese.

Like my dignity, my Phenoms winnings have proven elusive.

It has also led to tremendous anxiety about getting screwed over in the future. The fact that most states that have banned DFS also have restrictions on season-long money leagues makes me nervous about investing too much money in MFL10s. Which is a shame since I have really enjoyed them the past couple years, but don't see my doing more than one or two a month to fill the time before the next season starts as I could see things getting real ugly next season for money leagues of all kinds.

I'm owed about $500 but didn't bother to send back the paperwork. I probably have the same odds of receiving money as those that did.

I was in the league once with the guy and he rubbed me the wrong way so I didn't play again. He was very aggressive and pushy, which came off as a bit of a scam artist.

Anyone heard anything from the Bankruptcy Court? Seems like it's been 4-5 months since the last correspondence. Any idea what's going on now?
The Chap 7 trustee, his lawyer and his accountant recently had their interim fees approved (over objections) in the total amount of about $35k, so the pool of funds available to pay claims is getting smaller. The good news is that there is some money there to pay claims. The bad news is that estate professionals have priority over general creditors, and they apparently have lots of work to do! Hopefully, all that hard work will pay off. I'm not a creditor, but presumably everyone who filed a claim received copies of those fee apps so they can see what the lawyers are doing to accrue those fees.

CletiusMaximus said:
Anyone heard anything from the Bankruptcy Court? Seems like it's been 4-5 months since the last correspondence. Any idea what's going on now?
The Chap 7 trustee, his lawyer and his accountant recently had their interim fees approved (over objections) in the total amount of about $35k, so the pool of funds available to pay claims is getting smaller. The good news is that there is some money there to pay claims. The bad news is that estate professionals have priority over general creditors, and they apparently have lots of work to do! Hopefully, all that hard work will pay off. I'm not a creditor, but presumably everyone who filed a claim received copies of those fee apps so they can see what the lawyers are doing to accrue those fees.
How much?

Like always the lawyers, IRS and secured creditors will take 99.9% of the assets and the average joe will get squat. I feel bad for anyone who got burned but the likelihood of ever seeing a dime of your losses is slim to none.

CletiusMaximus said:
How much?
unknown

Got a letter from bankruptcy court yesterday.  It's a "notice of intent to sell or abandon intellectual property".  It appears this story of sinking prize money into software development is true.  He hired a company called "End Point Corporation" in October 2013 and over the next 13 months paid them "approximately $500,000."  

The trustee paid End Point $1,750 out of the estate to get a working demo and have attempted to sell the software "as is" with no success.  They'll now consider bids of at least $2,500 up until the date of the next hearing (6/22) and if they don't find a buyer they'll abandon the rights to the still incomplete software.

That's a far cry from the $70k he claimed it was worth in his initial filing (in addition to the $25k he said the phenoms.com domain name was worth, lol).

You can't lump them all as crappy programmers.  Seth was top programmer in the 3rd grade for his township last year, and Phin was voted as "most likely to succeed, but least likely to ever see a naked woman in person without paying" by his 5th grade peers.  

But seriously....WTF???
:lmao:

Got a letter from bankruptcy court yesterday.  It's a "notice of intent to sell or abandon intellectual property".  It appears this story of sinking prize money into software development is true.  He hired a company called "End Point Corporation" in October 2013 and over the next 13 months paid them "approximately $500,000."  

The trustee paid End Point $1,750 out of the estate to get a working demo and have attempted to sell the software "as is" with no success.  They'll now consider bids of at least $2,500 up until the date of the next hearing (6/22) and if they don't find a buyer they'll abandon the rights to the still incomplete software.

That's a far cry from the $70k he claimed it was worth in his initial filing (in addition to the $25k he said the phenoms.com domain name was worth, lol).
NFW way were the payments legit. 

Look at the client sites they created - these didn't cost more than a few thousand to make - and that's being generous. 

Judge R. Kimball Mosier's Courtroom, United States Bankruptcy Court, 350 South Main, Salt Lake City, Utah.

June 22, 2016 at 10:30 a.m.

Be there or be square.

Users who are viewing this thread