What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (5 Viewers)

So, by that you would have taken him over Bell or DJ, or which ever one was there? Thats guts. 
I was planning to take him over Bell yes. I assumed DJ would be gone

Eta: again, 8 of 12 make playoffs in that league

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to take him over Bell yes. I assumed DJ would be gone

Eta: again, 8 of 12 make playoffs in that league

Just took him at 1.7

Screw it
Yeah, even if he misses 6 games, if 8 out of 12 make it, its worth the pick. He was 1.3 on my board before the suspension.

I traded for him in a league were 8 out of 10 make it, worth the shot for me. 

Yeah, even if he misses 6 games, if 8 out of 12 make it, its worth the pick. He was 1.3 on my board before the suspension.

I traded for him in a league were 8 out of 10 make it, worth the shot for me. 
Only 6/12 make it in the league I took him in tonight. Screw it

Went in the first in the draft I did today (1.08). Guy spent so much of his energy trying to make sure he had enough to cover Elliot if the suspension is upheld I have to wonder how worth it it is to do that. He left his WR core weak to cover his ###. I would just say if you're going to do it like that treat it like Elliot is active all year. Don't take RB in 4 of the first 7 (PPR) rounds because you want the suspension to go away.
Agreed. If I took Zeke in redraft I'd rather have a good team when not looking at rb1 than making sure I was just below average including rb1. You take 4 rbs that high you're more likely to lose when he returns, which presumably he will for the playoffs (if not you're probably done anyway)

If anyone who drafted him can go 3-3, the 1st 6 weeks...youre golden.

Everyone here talks about their draft skills...your FBG/VBD draft skills should allow you to still be decent enough until he comes back.

If anyone who drafted him can go 3-3, the 1st 6 weeks...youre golden.

Everyone here talks about their draft skills...your FBG/VBD draft skills should allow you to still be decent enough until he comes back.
Agree and when he comes back...

Ezekial 25:17

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Zeke when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

In my 12 team Super-flex, PPR redraft yesterday Zeke went 2.10 as the #7 RB off the board to the L.Bell owner (nice backfield).

I considered him at 2.3 but passed due to uncertainty with his situation.  RBs who went before him were J.Ajayi, M.Gordon, L.McCoy, D.Freeman, L.Bell & D.Johnson.

Seems like a very good risk at that spot.

If suspension is upheld and Zeke gets an injunction....if he plays week one and gets hurt (high ankle sprain, looking at 4-6 weeks of recovery time), can he drop his lawsuit and just serve the suspension while injured (but not on IR)?

If suspension is upheld and Zeke gets an injunction....if he plays week one and gets hurt (high ankle sprain, looking at 4-6 weeks of recovery time), can he drop his lawsuit and just serve the suspension while injured (but not on IR)?
Yes, his injury is irrelevant if he is not on IR, and if I understand from past years, it doesnt matter if you are on IR or not, the suspensions are active and effect people not on rosters. 

Just took Zeke and Gronk at the 12-13 turn in a non-PPR redraft.  I think think worst case scenario at this point is 4 games, and more likely 0-1. 

I have #7 non-ppr draft tomorrow and strongly considering. His playoff schedule is what's holding me back from locking it in.

Just in case some people might find it helpful.  In my 250 dollar ffpc draft (its a full pt ppr for every position except tight ends get 1.5ppr).  I got pick 10 in a 12 teamer--and my plan was to take him at 2.3.  I went aj green at 1.10--and sure enough Zeke went at 1.12--so the plan backfired on me.  Seems like he's going late first/early second now for those of which want to draft him.  Not that anybody cares--but I ended up settling for Brandin cooks in the 2nd--which to me is a pretty big dropoff from zeke. 

wont be suspended this yr, it'll be pushed to 2018... just like Brady last season
How is it just like Brady?  The courts NEVER gave Brady an injunction, which is what Zeke would need here.  

Brady had his suspension overturned by the courts right before the season (a ruling that has since been reversed & is unlikely to happen again).

If you think Zeke is going to play this year, you need a completely different situation then with Brady; otherwise the appeal will be denied, Zeke will not get his ruling from the courts for several months (by which time his suspension will have been served), then the courts will rule.

The hope that this will play out just like Brady's case is igmoring the timeline of Brady's case (not to mention the outcome).

I think it's helpful to know where he is going in drafts. I just took him at 2.04 in a 12-team, 0.5 PPR money league. I honestly wasn't planning on taking him, but I took Mike Evans in Round 1, and when the turn came, guys like Howard, Ajayi, and Murray were gone and there was nobody I considered RB1 worthy. Guys like Gurley just don't fill me with a lot of confidence. I could have went WR-WR and got Thomas, but this league goes RB heavy and I knew here was going to be plenty of value at WR later (which there was). I got McFadden in the 8th, but my RB situation is going to be pretty dire if he is out the full 6 games.

How is it just like Brady?  The courts NEVER gave Brady an injunction, which is what Zeke would need here.  

Brady had his suspension overturned by the courts right before the season (a ruling that has since been reversed & is unlikely to happen again).

If you think Zeke is going to play this year, you need a completely different situation then with Brady; otherwise the appeal will be denied, Zeke will not get his ruling from the courts for several months (by which time his suspension will have been served), then the courts will rule.

The hope that this will play out just like Brady's case is igmoring the timeline of Brady's case (not to mention the outcome).
All good points. Ever since Brady's suspensions was upheld and the appellate court confirmed the NFL's right to discipline per the CBA, Zeke's chances of satisfying the second prong of a TRO (strong likelihood of success) went in the crapper. I think he serves the full six. He may get to play week 1 before the TRO is denied, but that's it.

Just in case some people might find it helpful.  In my 250 dollar ffpc draft (its a full pt ppr for every position except tight ends get 1.5ppr).  I got pick 10 in a 12 teamer--and my plan was to take him at 2.3.  I went aj green at 1.10--and sure enough Zeke went at 1.12--so the plan backfired on me.  Seems like he's going late first/early second now for those of which want to draft him.  Not that anybody cares--but I ended up settling for Brandin cooks in the 2nd--which to me is a pretty big dropoff from zeke. 
In a 350 from last night, Zeke went 1.5.

Have draft in 2 hours and 7 pick. 12 teams and no chance he's there in 2nd round. Nuts to take him at 7??????? I just can't get fired up about anyone else at 7. Feel like it's a suicidal pick but then again if suspension vacated or knocked down to 3 or so games it's a great pick. Leveon went end of 1st last year and was a league winner. Talk me in or out of zeke pick please.

Have draft in 2 hours and 7 pick. 12 teams and no chance he's there in 2nd round. Nuts to take him at 7??????? I just can't get fired up about anyone else at 7. Feel like it's a suicidal pick but then again if suspension vacated or knocked down to 3 or so games it's a great pick. Leveon went end of 1st last year and was a league winner. Talk me in or out of zeke pick please.
What if Shady, Gordon, and Zeke is there with the 7th pick? Or Beckham has fallen some... Pick 7 and 8 appear to be some of the toughest places to be?

What if Shady, Gordon, and Zeke is there with the 7th pick? Or Beckham has fallen some... Pick 7 and 8 appear to be some of the toughest places to be?
If zeke still there assume shady (or gordon?) gone before 7. Beckham could fall I suppose. I'm operating under the assumption top 3 wr's top 2 rbs and one other rb will be top 6.

I hope the news he is definitely suspended for the 6 games comes out. I really want to draft him in the late 2nd or early 3rd in any league with 6 playoff spots... That is a lot harder when some people think he won't get suspended.

I took Zeke at 1.4 in a 14 team PPR short bench.  Picked Gronk, TY, then Hunt. 

Note - Start 1 RB, 1 WR, (1) RB/WR.  Due to the small rosters there is some able backs on the wire.  

Note - Guy behind me at 1.5 said he was also looking at him.

I hope the news he is definitely suspended for the 6 games comes out. I really want to draft him in the late 2nd or early 3rd in any league with 6 playoff spots... That is a lot harder when some people think he won't get suspended.
I'm not familiar with your league but I don't think he falls past early/mid second regardless.  Both my leagues drafted early august when his suspension was still pretty much assumed and he went 2.06 and 2.01

I'm not familiar with your league but I don't think he falls past early/mid second regardless.  Both my leagues drafted early august when his suspension was still pretty much assumed and he went 2.06 and 2.01
Yeah he's been going mid to late second for me.  Just hoping the assured suspension pushes him back a few more picks. 

I'd be shocked if he didn't play the whole year and missed some time in 2018. What a trainwreck this situation has turned into---are we expecting Henderson's ruling today? 

FGITLOTR said:
I'd be shocked if he didn't play the whole year and missed some time in 2018. What a trainwreck this situation has turned into---are we expecting Henderson's ruling today? 
I was thinking thats would be when it hit, today, Labor day to bury the news either way? No way in the world a judge will be happy if he issues ruling tomorrow already knowing the case hits the courts tomorrow, would he?  

FGITLOTR said:
Why would you say this?

kittenmittens said:
Yeah he's been going mid to late second for me.  Just hoping the assured suspension pushes him back a few more picks. 
He hasn't lasted past 5-8 of the 1st round in all my FFPC satellite leagues. I've taken him myself at 5 and 7 in the last few days. Personally I'm sick of Goodell and his fat face affecting my drafts but I think he just may have given me some value this year.

He is trying to gain that credibility, maybe his thinking is it makes his other statements more credible in this case, no? 
Trying to gain credibility by telling people you partied in college with alcohol and drugs. Interesting strategy.

Trying to gain credibility by telling people you partied in college with alcohol and drugs. Interesting strategy.
Certainly more credible than pretending you didnt party.

It reminds me of when friends interviewed with the NSA and DoD.  It was ok to have behaved imperfectly in the past - what wasn't ok was lying about it in the present.

Trying to strengthen your casr someone's a bad guy by making him answer if he smoked weed during college is pretty ridiculous even by Roger's standards. 

Trying to strengthen your casr someone's a bad guy by making him answer if he smoked weed during college is pretty ridiculous even by Roger's standards. 
No, to "tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." Being honest under oath is a pretty sound strategy, because, perjury.  

Anyone can come out with proof of him doing drugs and he is done in every sense of the word legally and in the NFL. That was a set up question if a lawyer ever used a set up question, he had to answer it. Most lawyers know not to ask questions unless they know the answers. 

Certainly more credible than pretending you didnt party.

It reminds me of when friends interviewed with the NSA and DoD.  It was ok to have behaved imperfectly in the past - what wasn't ok was lying about it in the present.
Yes I agree not lying under oath increases ones credibility versus lying under oath. Could there be better ways for Zeke to be gaining credibility???

Roger is terrible and rigid and inconsistent. And Zeke appears to be a terrible human being. Both things can be true at the same time 

Roger is terrible and rigid and inconsistent. And Zeke appears to be a terrible human being. Both things can be true at the same time 
Yes, and both things being true, doesnt mean process was done correctly. Clearly withholding evidence is a shrude move, no? That even bad people like Zeke should be upset about? It is also possible to not like Zeke and Roger. Roger ruins lives in a different way and Roger has as much credibility with me as Zeke, I go off the investigators judgement. All I can do not knowing anything but whats reported.  Reasons like this is why lying about domestic abuse and rape is just as bad as the act itself. It can ruin lives, as this accuser said in her own words was her intent. 

Yes, and both things being true, doesnt mean process was done correctly. Clearly withholding evidence is a shrude move, no? That even bad people like Zeke should be upset about? It is also possible to not like Zeke and Roger. Roger ruins lives in a different way and Roger has as much credibility with me as Zeke, I go off the investigators judgement. All I can do not knowing anything but whats reported.  Reasons like this is why lying about domestic abuse and rape is just as bad as the act itself. It can ruin lives, as this accuser said in her own words was her intent. 
 Never said the process was done correctly or fairly. Seems like Goodell can unfortunately do whatever he wants. He has absolute power. Didn't we learn that with Brady? Or am I wrong about that?

I've been mock drafting , 10 team ppr, on fantasyfootballcaulculator.com all day, zeke has consistently gone 1.6 or 1.7...he's never making it out of the first round..if you want him you need to grab him and not get cute with it..don't wait for him to be there with your nd round pick,because he won't be.

Never said the process was done correctly or fairly. Seems like Goodell can unfortunately do whatever he wants. He has absolute power. Didn't we learn that with Brady? Or am I wrong about that?
I more or less just quoted you then said my piece. Not really meaningt p put words in your mouth.

But yes, we learned that with Brady, however he does not get to choose his own process and if he tainted evidence or said things like he used all evidence and he didnt have all the evidence, that poses problems for due process as the person imposing suspension lied, that could break CBA rules. But this is stuff I dont know and I guess the courts would rule. 

Users who are viewing this thread