What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (9 Viewers)

Taking the subway to the race. Have to figure out the best way and time- weekend subway schedules are fubar, even moreso during the pandemic. Don't want to be late obviously, but also don't want to be too early and stand around. 

Looks like it's a little warmer than forecast, but also a little less wind. None of that really matters...fired up to do this thing regardless of conditions.

Ill try to get the racejoy thing on, but no guarantees. I'll definitely have mapmyrun...I mean strava going.

Eta...I had meant to only post a thanks for the well wishes and for the support! Got caught up geeking and forgot/buried the lede.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update.  Will try to keep it short.

Saw the Doc on Thursday.  He thought it was either a stress fracture or a tendon issue.  X-Rays didn't indicate the former, but he said they don't always reveal that.

Anyways, he said the only thing to really fix it (in either case) is rest.

So, because I have an MBA, and my leg was feeling a little better after four days off, I went out for a run yesterday.  Leg hurt a bit right from the beginning, but I got it done.  Then my leg hurt the whole day.  And again this morning, despite taking Naproxen last night.

So this morning, I gear up and head out for my usual Saturday long run.  10 seconds in, I knew it wasn't happening.  Pain was way worse than yesterday, and while I could have just rubbed some dirt on it and pushed-through, I figured I was just delaying my recovery even more.  So I shut it down, put my tail between my legs, and went back inside.

Hoping to salvage some kind of success out of my pit of failure, I tried this today for the first time in months (been afraid to try).  I need the 10K judges to chime in:  Was my form inadequate, or does it count?  Please be honest, I don't want an effort award.  Either I did it, or I didn't.

What say ye??? 

Saw the Doc on Thursday.  He thought it was either a stress fracture or a tendon issue.  X-Rays didn't indicate the former, but he said they don't always reveal that.

So, because I have an MBA, and my leg was feeling a little better after four days off, I went out for a run yesterday.  Leg hurt a bit right from the beginning, but I got it done.  Then my leg hurt the whole day.  And again this morning, despite taking Naproxen last night.

So this morning, I gear up and head out for my usual Saturday long run.  10 seconds in, I knew it wasn't happening.  Pain was way worse than yesterday, and while I could have just rubbed some dirt on it and pushed-through, I figured I was just delaying my recovery even more.  So I shut it down, put my tail between my legs, and went back inside.

Hoping to salvage some kind of success out of my pit of failure, I tried this today for the first time in months (been afraid to try).  I need the 10K judges to chime in:  Was my form inadequate, or does it count?  Please be honest, I don't want an effort award.  Either I did it, or I didn't.

What say ye??? 
Those pants are definitely adequate.

Yes, you did it!!! Congrats.

Sucks about the injury. Be smart, get healthy, then get back out there.

@Zasada sorry to hear the doc opinions. If it were a stress fracture would it be in the pelvis or upper leg?  I think Amelia Boone may have had that and described it, may be helpful.  Good luck.

On the vid, my MBA confirms those are pushups.  I like the pants.  You hands seemed to not be flat which would make it harder/less efficient push. 

Yeah glutes have been grumpy, but manageable.  This lower leg thing is totally new (in the last month).  Very slow burn of degradation.
You didnt ask but I’d throw a good 60-90 min sports/deep tissue massage at it this week to try to get lower body loose to facilitate healing and trace the injury site further.  Then see if a good PT can determine if it’s a stress reaction they can help with. Maybe some Virdian loops on a bike.  

What say ye??? 
First off, I'm sorry about your leg and I know how much this will effect you mentally, but I'm glad you went and had it looked at. Hopefully some rest takes care of things and you are back to good health soon.

Second off, a few thoughts about that video:

1. Your form looks good and you knocked out three pushups. I was expecting one. Nice job.

2. Your cat lives better than me

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread