What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

#### cancer

some of you may remember my neighbor who was diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago.  Well, treatment has failed and it has spread.  To his liver and brain. He doesn't have long to live and is opting out of kemo for a better quality of life, for the remainder of his life.  He's amazingly calm and seemingly at peace with it. I am  ####### devastated.  He's a really nice guy, great health otherwise.  it's just ####ed up.  It also really hits home for me because he and his wife are like surrogate grandparents for my daughter. She LOVES them dearly and hangs out with them a lot.  his death wil be the first person to die, that is really close to her.  We haven't told her yet. I asked them what they wanted to do in that regard, I could barely get the question out and the dudes wife said she would tell her. :cry:  

So ####ed up. Sorry to dump it here. But it's the easiest place to unload it. 

#### cancer

some of you may remember my neighbor who was diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago.  Well, treatment has failed and it has spread.  To his liver and brain. He doesn't have long to live and is opting out of kemo for a better quality of life, for the remainder of his life.  He's amazingly calm and seemingly at peace with it. I am  ####### devastated.  He's a really nice guy, great health otherwise.  it's just ####ed up.  It also really hits home for me because he and his wife are like surrogate grandparents for my daughter. She LOVES them dearly and hangs out with them a lot.  his death wil be the first person to die, that is really close to her.  We haven't told her yet. I asked them what they wanted to do in that regard, I could barely get the question out and the dudes wife said she would tell her. :cry:  

:(

#### cancer

It's ####ed up all around, but I think the bolded says tons about your friends. If your kid has to learn about this kind of thing, this may be the best way for her.

It's ####ed up all around, but I think the bolded says tons about your friends. If your kid has to learn about this kind of thing, this may be the best way for her.
They are great people.  They take my daughter all sorts of places with them simply because they love her. They have all sorts of goofy traditions like going to the mall, for just one night, at Xmas and making a big deal of it. She always comes home with the same stupid dog balloon with legs, that's on a leash. ####### thing scares the #### out of me until it finally goes flat. going to their friends house every summer for lobster night and watching the boat parade. All sorts of things. They have no grand kids of their own and totally treat my daughter as one.  They live 2 doors down and have known my daughter all her life.  Gonna be rough. I don't cry often. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
#### cancer

#### cancer. That's awful and really sorry to hear Raiders.

#### cancer

Sorry man.

wife is watching The Killing on Netflix

almost done with season 1

there has not been a single second of this series that featured sunlight. jesus. i'm depressed just half watching it.

wife is watching The Killing on Netflix

almost done with season 1

there has not been a single second of this series that featured sunlight. jesus. i'm depressed just half watching it.
My wife binged watched that about a year ago.  I made almost the exact same observation after about three episodes of being in the periphery of her viewing it.  Started just leaving the room when it was on.  Didn't want any additional outside influences bringin' my a$$ down.  I do just fine on my own, The Killing, thanks all the same.

We're all gonna get old someday.....
Well she is 81.

It gets better though.

I've said before that every day mom sends us (me, my brothers, and my sister) a text between 9am and 10am basically saying that she's alive. 

So 10:00 rolls around and I don't have a text from her.  

I send out "good morning?".  My sister replies with "she texted us earlier. i noticed a random number instead of your name.  isn't 555-1212 your home number?"

I replied with "yes.  I'll check my landline when I get home for texts.  Right after I set the time on my VCR"

Not a minute later I get a text from my oldest brother (he's like 58).  It's a pic of his 8-year-old grandson, Jack, and his basketball coach.  It says "Back and his coach".  Why is he sending it to me?  Because about once a week instead of sending something to our group he sends it to me only because my name comes first alphabetically (Friday he sent one saying that he had arrived in Ventura safe and sound.  Like I give a ####).  

I used to reply to these with "did you mean to send that to every one?".  Then he would argue that his phone messed up.  So now I just say "OK".

5 minutes after that my mom forwards the pic of my great-nephew and his basketball coach alone with the explanation that it should be Jack and not Back.  

So now I have two texts of Back and his basketball coach.  I will say this though...Back's coach has his work cut out for him.  Back is about as athletic as a 3-toed sloth on ludes.

Well she is 81.

It gets better though.

I've said before that every day mom sends us (me, my brothers, and my sister) a text between 9am and 10am basically saying that she's alive. 

So 10:00 rolls around and I don't have a text from her.  

I send out "good morning?".  My sister replies with "she texted us earlier. i noticed a random number instead of your name.  isn't 555-1212 your home number?"

I replied with "yes.  I'll check my landline when I get home for texts.  Right after I set the time on my VCR"

Not a minute later I get a text from my oldest brother (he's like 58).  It's a pic of his 8-year-old grandson, Jack, and his basketball coach.  It says "Back and his coach".  Why is he sending it to me?  Because about once a week instead of sending something to our group he sends it to me only because my name comes first alphabetically (Friday he sent one saying that he had arrived in Ventura safe and sound.  Like I give a ####).  

I used to reply to these with "did you mean to send that to every one?".  Then he would argue that his phone messed up.  So now I just say "OK".

5 minutes after that my mom forwards the pic of my great-nephew and his basketball coach alone with the explanation that it should be Jack and not Back.  

So now I have two texts of Back and his basketball coach.  I will say this though...Back's coach has his work cut out for him.  Back is about as athletic as a 3-toed sloth on ludes.
Send him my way.  My soccer teams are lousy with such athletes.

lunch at a local Lao place. cozy little joint.

two guys come in, order, sit down. begin to talk about martial arts and religion.. sounds like a business lunch.  the louder of the two guys says "members of the board are... suspicious... of martial arts because, umm, you know, it's connection or seeming connection to Buddhism or Hinduism or whatever and how it may lead members away from jesus christ. so it would be better if you framed your teaching in terms of connection to spirituality and togetherness instead of eastern religion.."

then, from  the next table over... LOUDLY "SIR, PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!"

place went so quiet that i'm pretty sure everyone heard me fart

OK, a friend of mine mentioned a phenomenon that I was completely unaware of:  breakup sex.

This is a thing?

Was explained that it could happen in a couple of ways:

1.  Breakee is unaware that it is breakup sex, but it is breakup sex in the mind of the breaker, who goes for one last round before breaking.

2.  Breakee is aware of impending doom, or the breakup decision is bilateral, but the parties mutually agree to have a last romp anyway.

People do this?  Why?  Could the sex really be any fun at that point?

Seems like such an odd way to end a relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread