What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

OK, a friend of mine mentioned a phenomenon that I was completely unaware of:  breakup sex.

This is a thing?

Was explained that it could happen in a couple of ways:

1.  Breakee is unaware that it is breakup sex, but it is breakup sex in the mind of the breaker, who goes for one last round before breaking.

2.  Breakee is aware of impending doom, or the breakup decision is bilateral, but the parties mutually agree to have a last romp anyway.

People do this?  Why?  Seems like such an odd way to end a relationship.
I don't really remember breaking up- been so long. but I remember that there was always sex after the break-up... does that count?

OK, a friend of mine mentioned a phenomenon that I was completely unaware of:  breakup sex.

This is a thing?

1.  Breakee is unaware that it is breakup sex, but it is breakup sex in the mind of the breaker, who goes for one last round before breaking.

2.  Breakee is aware of impending doom, or the breakup decision is bilateral, but the parties mutually agree to have a last romp anyway.

People do this?  Why?  Could the sex really be any fun at that point?

Seems like such an odd way to end a relationship.
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.  Or something. 

This is a thing?

I think if you usually cry during sex, this is probably a totally normal way to go.

I totally understand the hooking up with an ex thing - most everyone does that at one time or another.  

In this case there's a discussion that you're breaking up, and then you have sex and afterwards you just say "OK, great, bye now"?

People are weird.

I totally understand the hooking up with an ex thing - most everyone does that at one time or another.  

In this case there's a discussion that you're breaking up, and then you have sex and afterwards you just say "OK, great, bye now"?

People are weird.
I bet some people really need the closure of finishing the act and either leaving or kicking the other person out.

a lot of the time, sex was the best part of the relationship.  may as well, one more time ain't gonna hurt anyone.
Unless you, you know, do it in the butt.

Cuz I had a buddy who claims he did this after a very messy divorce.  Ex was totally whacko.  Addict, cheated on him, neglected their kid, the whole nine.  Went through the whole divorce/custody proceedings, etc.  Finally went back to get the last of the remaining belongings that he was awarded in the settlement from their domicile.  Took it upon himself to have one more go with the ex-wife (to which she was agreeable), and went in through the out door, as it where.  Finished, got dressed, left immediately.

Unless you, you know, do it in the butt.

Cuz I had a buddy who claims he did this after a very messy divorce.  Ex was totally whacko.  Addict, cheated on him, neglected their kid, the whole nine.  Went through the whole divorce/custody proceedings, etc.  Finally went back to get the last of the remaining belongings that he was awarded in the settlement from their domicile.  Took it upon himself to have one more go with the ex-wife (to which she was agreeable), and went in through the out door, as it where.  Finished, got dressed, left immediately.
No shower?  Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Before I met my wife I "dated" this girl, that we'll call Tina, for about 3 weeks.  We broke up and I started "dating" her sister, Jane (I guess that made them eskimo sister sisters).  That lasted about a month.   About a week after breaking up with Jane, I had one last tryst with Tina.  It was pretty glorious.  

After it was done she got up and went back downstairs.  I stayed in bed to bask in my glory.  Then Tina's best friend, a flamboyantly fabulous gay fellow, burst into the room looking for a place to crash.   He sees me there, naked to the waist in repose, and puts his hands up to his face like Mccauley Culkin and says "Oh my stars!". :lmao:

And before you ask, he did a 180 and fled the room.  

This is a thing?

Used to be called a grudge ####

Damn millennials

Before I met my wife I "dated" this girl, that we'll call Tina, for about 3 weeks.  We broke up and I started "dating" her sister, Jane (I guess that made them eskimo sister sisters).  That lasted about a month.   About a week after breaking up with Jane, I had one last tryst with Tina.  It was pretty glorious.  

After it was done she got up and went back downstairs.  I stayed in bed to bask in my glory.  Then Tina's best friend, a flamboyantly fabulous gay fellow, burst into the room looking for a place to crash.   He sees me there, naked to the waist in repose, and puts his hands up to his face like Mccauley Culkin and says "Oh my stars!". :lmao:

And before you ask, he did a 180 and fled the room.  
You weigh 180?

"Oh my stars!"?  "Oh my" ####### "stars!"?

You really are, like, 150 aren't you?  Has anyone (fae persuasion or otherwise) said "Oh my stars!" since 1870?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mata had break up sex with me, but I didn't know it at the time. Looking back, it's pretty clear she had checked out by then. In any case, when I left her house that day, it was the last time I saw her.

I've had "ex sex" quite a few times, though.

This is a thing?

This is how all of my relationships end.

This was 1986 :shrug:

Like I said...he was flamboyant to a fault.
"Oh heaven stars above!" is OK, right?  I heard someone say that recently.

I think Mata had break up sex with me, but I didn't know it at the time. Looking back, it's pretty clear she had checked out by then. In any case, when I left her house that day, it was the last time I saw her.

I've had "ex sex" quite a few times, though.
:(

Loving this page, but I'm going to switch gears a bit.  I walk my dog every day around 5 pm roughly a mile or so through my neighborhood. I walk by the same house every day with the same kids screwing around as always.  I think Section 8 house.  So for the last few weeks these kids have been asking me if I ever exercise.  I have ignored them each time and continue to walk my dog.  Today one of these suburban urchins is running down the middle of the street at least 10 or so houses away.  He asks me why I haven't been exercising for a while. It never gets old.  I told him to ask his mom if she would like to be there when I answer his question too.  I told him to let me know when she's around.  He stupidly nods his head and splits.

Obviously he has learned this behavior from someone and he thinks it's acceptable because everyone else does it.  I thought about him trying this on the wrong person now or later in life and I feel sorry for him.

Loving this page, but I'm going to switch gears a bit.  I walk my dog every day around 5 pm roughly a mile or so through my neighborhood. I walk by the same house every day with the same kids screwing around as always.  I think Section 8 house.  So for the last few weeks these kids have been asking me if I ever exercise.  I have ignored them each time and continue to walk my dog.  Today one of these suburban urchins is running down the middle of the street at least 10 or so houses away.  He asks me why I haven't been exercising for a while. It never gets old.  I told him to ask his mom if she would like to be there when I answer his question too.  I told him to let me know when she's around.  He stupidly nods his head and splits.

Obviously he has learned this behavior from someone and he thinks it's acceptable because everyone else does it.  I thought about him trying this on the wrong person now or later in life and I feel sorry for him.
Is this a passage from that goofy book El Floppo was talking about?  

this happens to me fairly regularly. 13 - 16 year olds think they can say anything to anyone at any time without consequence

one day, about a half mile jog from my house i run across 4 kids (13ish) playing in a front yard. one of them starts making some stupid mock running motion as a i get closer, then he starts trying out his shtick to impress his friends.. which is when i realize.. that's my wife's best friends stepson.  he's a little ##### (19 now and lucky to not be permanently locked up).

soon as i get close enough i say "hi (kids name). i know your dad, you little ####."  he's not allowed out of the house w/o his folks permission. i just ran past his home and his parents cars aren't there. kid goes white and starts yelling "WAIT! WHO ARE YOU! HOW DO YOU KNOW MY DAD!!!!!!???" he's 13, surely he thinks i'm going to hop on the secret parents bat phone and call his dad who will kick his head off. all his macho is gone now and he's panicking as i run on down the street.... him yelling in the background "DON'T TELL ON ME!!"

wife tells me every day about her friend and their travails with this kid. he's always in to something. his bio mom is a degenerate, ex-stripper, meth head and she mostly raised him until about 11 years old.

so the day after my run she's telling me about the latest story.. this kid came home the night before and started apologizing to his dad for popping off at his friend (me). they had no idea wtf he was talking about... i didn't tell anyone... kid somehow manages to panic talk himself in to admitting he and his friends were drinking and smoking weed and he got carried away, whatever.

they wound up sending him to live with his mom for a month and then off to some boot camp/reform school deal for a semester.

little ####### ####head

I guess I was a little like this as a kid to other kids my age, but I would never attempt this to anyone slightly or significantly older than me.  Just seems crazy.  If my dad found out I did something like I described, he would beat my ###.  Simple as that.  

I now regret not informing him of my 5k this Saturday and 8k on Sunday.  Maybe I'll let him know tomorrow if I see him.

Last edited by a moderator:

People are weird.
Its like make-up sex, except for the making up part

Users who are viewing this thread