Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I was unaware until after high-school graduation that everyone was having sex in high school except for me.  Being a Bulldoll, of course I had tons of opportunities, but I didn't think "we" did "that."

Come to find out, "we" all ####### did but me.  Wasted youth. :kicksrock: 

I was quite aware just about everyone besides me was getting laid 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

I dig it.  Have been looking for some new stuff to listen to - thanks for this.  Need to scour through your Spotify thread, too.

A couple of days behind right now - did you tell your Rasputin the fish that won't die story?

Really hope there's a Rasputin the Fish alias on backorder 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shuke said:

You did what now?

Discussed upthread somewhere.  Search the thread for "Bulldoll." :bag:

On another note, shocking to see @Oliver Humanzee appear in the thread to exhibit music snobbery.  Shocking.  Next thing you know he'll be posting those Herzog inspirational posters.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

I'm looking for Tanner's spotify mix to follow but I don't see it.  Do I install netflix first?

I don't know if he has one; I was referring to his thread on here.  I think it's under Sconch.

8 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I don't know if he has one; I was referring to his thread on here.  I think it's under Sconch.

Trying to spread my Spotify wings.  Not sure how it works entirely.  If he has a playlist I'd like to check it out.  

And if Bob Sacamano has one, I'd like to avoid it because lettuce haters are horrible.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Trying to spread my Spotify wings.  Not sure how it works entirely.  If he has a playlist I'd like to check it out.  

And if Bob Sacamano has one, I'd like to avoid it because lettuce haters are horrible.

I'm just learning Spotify myself. :hifive:

7 hours ago, krista4 said:

I was unaware until after high-school graduation that everyone was having sex in high school except for me.  Being a Bulldoll, of course I had tons of opportunities, but I didn't think "we" did "that."

Come to find out, "we" all ####### did but me.  Wasted youth. :kicksrock: 

Ever see those little dogs get so wound up and walk around dry humping air?  

That was my high school years.  

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Discussed upthread somewhere.  Search the thread for "Bulldoll." :bag:

On another note, shocking to see @Oliver Humanzee appear in the thread to exhibit music snobbery.  Shocking.  Next thing you know he'll be posting those Herzog inspirational posters.  

It isn't snobbery if the Strokes actually do suck.  Which they do.  

Herzog agrees.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

4 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I'm just learning Spotify myself. :hifive:

FWIW- Here's my catch-all playlist... and lists from the last couple of years. 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014. I'll reiterate that my favorite things are the Discover Weekly (recommended music based on the music you listen to), Your Daily Mix (pulls stuff from your playlists as well as similar music) and Release Radar (new releases from bands you have in your playlists)

I have others for the kids and wife and FFA drafts... plus a bunch of KCRW playlists from back when they had them. Not sure if you can see those or not- haven't spent any time figuring out public vs private for this stuff.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

it's all sophomoric garbage and ####e.

- OHumpanzee

I didn't say that, nor do I think that "sophomoric" is necessarily a pejorative when it comes to rock music. The Ramones, The Modern Lovers, and about a hundred other great bands could accurately be described as "sophomoric". I was summoned, like a malevolent spirit of snobbery, to a post about the Plimsouls.  And lo, I find them boring as hell, which I didn't really think was a controversial opinion.

I listened to your 2017 playlist.  I'm not into Dirty Projectors, Elbow, Japandroids, and a bunch of the other stuff.  But Sleaford Mods are awesome (and playing Seattle soon!), the new Slowdive record is everything my inner mope hoped it would be, and PILE are one of the best bands on the planet right now.  So take it eas'.

Also, if your nerdery can't accommodate The Flying Nun back catalog, you seriously need to have it recalibrated before they kick you off of the Numero Group e-mail list.  

Also, I just heard the debut record by OUT, and it is really good.  In the Drive Like Jehu-Unwound-Monorchid spectrum.  You'd probably really like it. I heard a couple of people compare it to Lungfish, if that kind of stuff turns yer crank.

OUT--Swim Buddies

• Like 1
13 hours ago, krista4 said:

Kitties!

There is no way I'm showing my work here.

By the way, the following is for Tanner only.  No one else read it.

Hide contents

I saw a trailer Sunday for

this movie.  Check it out; looks fantastic.

https://i.reddituploads.com/41ba25df535344f1aed3a9f0e4c5e9ca?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=73936aa70801b77170b26b86db35d0f2

• Like 1
7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I use Spotify constantly, since I work from home and am mainly doing insanely boring things on the computer.

But I don't really understand the social sharing functions on Spotify. The user interface isn't very intuitive.

4 hours ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

I use Spotify constantly, since I work from home and am mainly doing insanely boring things on the computer.

But I don't really understand the social sharing functions on Spotify. The user interface isn't very intuitive.

Right click on a play list and voila... I mean... hala

7 hours ago, Oliver Humanzee said:

I didn't say that, nor do I think that "sophomoric" is necessarily a pejorative when it comes to rock music. The Ramones, The Modern Lovers, and about a hundred other great bands could accurately be described as "sophomoric". I was summoned, like a malevolent spirit of snobbery, to a post about the Plimsouls.  And lo, I find them boring as hell, which I didn't really think was a controversial opinion.

I listened to your 2017 playlist.  I'm not into Dirty Projectors, Elbow, Japandroids, and a bunch of the other stuff.  But Sleaford Mods are awesome (and playing Seattle soon!), the new Slowdive record is everything my inner mope hoped it would be, and PILE are one of the best bands on the planet right now.  So take it eas'.

Also, if your nerdery can't accommodate The Flying Nun back catalog, you seriously need to have it recalibrated before they kick you off of the Numero Group e-mail list.  

Also, I just heard the debut record by OUT, and it is really good.  In the Drive Like Jehu-Unwound-Monorchid spectrum.  You'd probably really like it. I heard a couple of people compare it to Lungfish, if that kind of stuff turns yer crank.

OUT--Swim Buddies

I'll check em out, thanks.

Yeah.. Seaford mods are in Brooklyn pretty soon. Could be totally off base, but I get the sense their act will be them standing around looking pissed at audience, increasingly so as the audience realizes that watching two guys standing around looking pissed sucks. Big fan though.

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I'll check em out, thanks.

Yeah.. Seaford mods are in Brooklyn pretty soon. Could be totally off base, but I get the sense their act will be them standing around looking pissed at audience, increasingly so as the audience realizes that watching two guys standing around looking pissed sucks. Big fan though.

I am not a music snob nor an aging hipster, but I do have one band to offer up:

Mariachi El Bronx

If a hardcore punk band that started playing mariachi music as a lark, but is now the number one alt-mariachi band* in the world sounds interesting to you.

They may also be the only alt-mariachi band, as I may or may not have made that term up.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

I am not a music snob nor an aging hipster, but I do have one band to offer up:

Mariachi El Bronx

If a hardcore punk band that started playing mariachi music as a lark, but is now the number one alt-mariachi band* in the world sounds interesting to you.

They may also be the only alt-mariachi band, as I may or may not have made that term up.

fine line between respect/disrespect when aping the music and especially dressing up... but I like it. the wife is 1/2 mex and I've developed a spot spot for mariachis- always give them what I have on the subway.

reading the notes on the youtube page... I also liked them as The Bronx- only knew their last album. although I had hoped they were actually from NY and not LA posers co-opting a NY brand/city. 

eta: I was really hoping they'd be wearing those mex hipster boots... even though they must be out of style years' after the fact.

Edited by El Floppo
2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

fine line between respect/disrespect when aping the music and especially dressing up... but I like it. the wife is 1/2 mex and I've developed a spot spot for mariachis- always give them what I have on the subway.

reading the notes on the youtube page... I also liked them as The Bronx- only knew their last album. although I had hoped they were actually from NY and not LA posers co-opting a NY brand/city. 

eta: I was really hoping they'd be wearing those mex hipster boots... even though they must be out of style years' after the fact.

The costumes might be over the top, but the music is awesome, IMO.

I have only listened to their first album extensively. But it is GREAT.

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, RedmondLonghorn said:

This is a really interesting article.

It is a serious analysis of a variety of topics, so it may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it is the kind of thing at least some of the folks in here will find interesting.

It isn't overtly political, but discussion of it would almost inevitably lead to a political discussion, so I am just going to present it here without comment, other than to say I don't necessarily endorse the author's conclusions or worldview.  

Thanks for that.  NOW I need some Oxy.

3 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Hh Gregg might be filing bankruptcy next month, says a report online today.

Upgrade Best Buy, everyone.

Have a great Friday.

Peace,

-E

Hope you're wearing protective head gear that is resistant to flying pennies. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Yeah, like....there's just TOO much stuff on the front page.  Pandora is a much simpler product for my tiny brain.  I use Pandora for mobile and Spotify on my desktop.

13 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Guy called into the morning show I was listening to and said the last place loser in his fantasy football league each year has to go take the SAT test and has to get at least an 1100 or has to re-take it.

I love that so much.

Good Lord, that is brutal. I doubt I could get 1100 aggregate if I took it 4 times nowadays.

I never took it in HS, because I thought my career wasn't college (I did go for one day), but smoking dope and cutting firewood. The girl I was dating was a year behind me and thought it would be romantic if we took it together. She had a ######, so I said yes. I think I scored like 1490 and she got somewhere around 1100. We broke up soon afterwards - she was pissed that I dusted her on the test, but the real reason is that her mom didn't want her dating a white guy. 

She ended up getting a high-level degree in chemistry or astronomy or something like that and, last I heard a few years ago, she's in some kind of government research thing.

Edited by Uruk-Hai
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I like the song Barely Legal by the Strokes.  Also the films by Hustler.  Everything else by the Strokes is a heaping pile of meh for me.  

The entire album is incredible.  OH's favorite band sucks.

• Like 1