What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

I may repaint the interior.  Other than that I'm not doing a damned thing.
:coffee:

we'll see.

eta: congrats though- has to be a huge relief (other than the shelling out of money). as always, if you ever need a free once-over advise on the layout or running by of ideas, feel free to pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
:coffee:

we'll see.

eta: congrats though- has to be a huge relief (other than the shelling out of money). as always, if you ever need a free once-over advise on the layout or running by of ideas, feel free to pm.
Thanks.   I'm pretty happy with this place and I think it's going to work out for me as is (translation:  it has a bar).   

I sent you a link to the photos and a couple comments. 

One of the worst parts of all of this political nonsense for me is seeing a very good friend become more and more of an extremist. Part of what makes it so difficult is that at one time, we shared almost identical beliefs and just have similar brains. So my brain can't even process the way he thinks now. 

It's really bumming me out tonight. Partly I just wish that life itself hadn't become politicized. Feels like politics has become intertwined with every aspect of life instead of being just one small aspect of life.

what's the trick here? what am i missing? 
Flip a plate upside down, sit the popcorn bag on top of that.  Set the timer for 4 minutes and just stop the gaddam thing when the popping slows down to a couple second between kernels exploding(depending on your microwave, it could be as quick as a couple minutes).  Perfect almost every time.  Or, just make it on the stovetop with a a little oil like science/Jeebus intended.

Eff that stupid button right in its popcorn hole.

Always works for me.

Operator error.
We all can't pop our popcorn in a vintage Air Jordan, Daddy Warbucks.

5-ish Finkle said:
Flip a plate upside down, sit the popcorn bag on top of that.  Set the timer for 4 minutes and just stop the gaddam thing when the popping slows down to a couple second between kernels exploding(depending on your microwave, it could be as quick as a couple minutes).  Perfect almost every time.  Or, just make it on the stovetop with a a little oil like science/Jeebus intended.

Eff that stupid button right in its popcorn hole.

We all can't pop our popcorn in a vintage Air Jordan, Daddy Warbucks.
2:20 F the stupid button

I'm rarely on FB... check it now and then when it says I"ve been tagged. but I decided to use it to reach out to a good friend from grad school that I'd lost touch with when I saw the hurricane was on it's way- she lives in puerto rico. she finally responded last night- all good, but the country sounds like its a complete disaster. that's all an aside for what I found on my FB feed...

guy I grew up with started dating a girl from our HS the year after he had graduated- they may have been dating while he was still at school. he was 18/19, she was 15/16. grand scheme of things- both kids, both generally in the same boat. small (minded) scheme of things, he was black and she wasn't. the parents pressed charges and he somehow got sentenced to hard time in prison for statuatory rape. this was a genuinely good, decent kid- nobody you'd ever think of as a legitimate trouble maker or kid you'd expect to make genuinely bad decisions (violence, crime, etc... but sure- drinking, drugs, sex... stuff all of us were doing). 

I had lost touch with the guy since- but what popped up on the FB feed was a plea for a go-fund me site in his support. funds going towards a lawyer to somehow gain visitation for his 15yo daughter to come and see him in prison- visitation that had been revoked 3 years ago... 9 years into his 52 years to life sentence. 52 years to life. for a third strike that somehow involved 3k credit card debt/fraud (I'm unsure of the details). I don't know what the second strike was, but knowing this guy it wasn't anything terrible- let's call it drugs.

so far, his two strikes that have led to him serving the rest of his life in prison without getting visitation from his daughter are: having a white girlfriend that was a few years younger than him, something to do with 3k in credit card fraud. unless the middle strike was ####### murder of a white cop, I'm dumbfounded and distraught as to wtf is going on. devastated that this has happened to somebody I know. 

I gave money (not much, but what I could) and shared the gofund plea on my FB. fortunately, some other friends from HS picked it up and have more money to give, so it looks like it's gaining some traction (and some slight embarrassment for me seeing the amounts the others are posting... AND THEY ALL LIVE IN BIGGER HOUSES).

I think the highlights of my Vegas trip were sitting down for a quick round of video poker go get a free beer, putting in $100 since that was all I had, deciding to try video blackjack instead, accidently max getting and busting on the first hand, or going to a fancy dinner where I ordered a $65 steak but filled up on bread and lobster bisque on top of drinking all day and ate like 3 bites of the steak

I think the highlights of my Vegas trip were sitting down for a quick round of video poker go get a free beer, putting in $100 since that was all I had, deciding to try video blackjack instead, accidently max getting and busting on the first hand, or going to a fancy dinner where I ordered a $65 steak but filled up on bread and lobster bisque on top of drinking all day and ate like 3 bites of the steak
Should have gone hiking 

Users who are viewing this thread