What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (4 Viewers)

Maybe just have RoverKid handle all the transactions from here on out.  Let her talk to the realTORs, let her put the bid in and just sit back to see what happens.  She's got that intangible 'it' factor.  

Hey.....how about that!?!?!!

New Orleans mayoral candidate Frank Scurlock cited for masturbating during Uber ride in California

Scurlock was picked up from a West Hollywood hotel by an Uber driver in February and was being driven through Santa Monica when the driver heard noises coming the backseat, White said. The woman stopped the car and opened the passenger car door and discovered Scurlock with his penis exposed and masturbating, according to the prosecutor.

"The driver felt because of sounds that came from the backseat that (Scurlock) was masturbating," White said.

The driver then went to a gas station to call police, and Scurlock fled the scene, White said. After police arrived, the driver gave them a description of Scurlock and told them she had picked him from a hotel.
:lmao:

Jesus, dude......

Last edited by a moderator:
Just signed the contract for House #4.   

Everyone said that when the house was right, everything would work out.   Turns out for me that means, "the house has a wet bar."
and on a friday too... :thumbup:  

more drinking more better more houses.

Also, probably worth it and vaguely funny to note that Scurlock owns a bouncy castle empire in Louisiana. 

And one of his campaign promises is to "Uberize" the NOPD.  Which I guess means he's going to jerk off on them.
So, the police department will be a bunch of random dudes with high car payments that go on and off the clock whenever they feel like it or want some free coffee? That sounds awesome, but I don’t think the criminal element is going to want to stand around with the app open long enough for the Ubercop to find them.

So, was at home moving a speaker and little puppy gets in my feet (I couldn't see him or hear him). I tripped and stepped on puppy and broke his toe. Now I'm at the animal hospital. They're fixing him. I felt horrible. I'm just glad I didn't snap his leg.

Same thing has happened with my dog being under my wife’s feet. I have probably almost broken my neck a dozen times trying to avoid a repeat when the dog is under my heels and I try to turn around or take a step back. Dog doesn’t seem to feel the same guilt though. I think she’d almost rather I wipe out so she has a clean shot at licking my face,

Hope your pup recovers quickly.

My toilet became unseated from the wax ring, possible busted toilet flange.  No biggie, right? Pop off the toilet, replace flange if necessary, throw one of those newfangled rubber gasket rings on instead of wax because wax sucks, put toilet back on, 30-40 minutes.  Two hours if the subfloor is rotten and I have to cut out a section and replace.  Done. 

I took off the toilet and some moron had a weird floating toilet flange setup where it was put over a section of pipe, a broader section of pipe was put over that, and the flange just spins around on the pipe with a lip over it to prevent it from escaping and the whole setup was an inch above the tile. And the flange is plastic and broken but the lip over it is solid ####ing copper of all things.  What in God's name is wrong with people?

My toilet became unseated from the wax ring, possible busted toilet flange.  No biggie, right? Pop off the toilet, replace flange if necessary, throw one of those newfangled rubber gasket rings on instead of wax because wax sucks, put toilet back on, 30-40 minutes.  Two hours if the subfloor is rotten and I have to cut out a section and replace.  Done. 

I took off the toilet and some moron had a weird floating toilet flange setup where it was put over a section of pipe, a broader section of pipe was put over that, and the flange just spins around on the pipe with a lip over it to prevent it from escaping and the whole setup was an inch above the tile. And the flange is plastic and broken but the lip over it is solid ####ing copper of all things.  What in God's name is wrong with people?
Plumbers use whatever they happen to have in the van.

I've learned with my house to multiply the number of minutes a job should take by a day.

Just met up with good old friends from college who I haven't seen in a couple years. one of them moved away back to CA (he was a trust fund kid- became a self-published writer), the other lives 5 minutes away in soho and has had a career/life in bars and restaurants. went to his new pad with my 6yo after lunch... and it actually made me sad- in a self-loathing jealous way. the thing is huge- by any standards (close to 5k sf), but especially NYC standards, just remodeled immaculately. it's the kind of place that I do for my clients.

my daughter was hanging out in a play-room for his infant aged kids and commented after that his son's bedroom was a little small and full of stuff. told her that was the kid's playroom... and I could see the wheels going in her head. we live in a small loft-style-lite place with 2brs- we carved a space out in the living room for her, but no doors. this playroom was bigger than her brother's bedroom and I could tell it was difficult for her to process that people lived with extra rooms where they could just play. as we left, she said- "I wish I could live in that apartment" and then started talking about what she'd do with each room. it broke my heart. she doesn't even have a door to close when she wants privacy (which has always made me sad) and got me feeling dumpy about my current and foreseeable future situation doing what I do. 

but the kids are happy, healthy and thriving, and aside from my aching back and lack of a career or funds, we're kinda happy I guess... so can't complain too much. ####.

El Floppo said:
Just met up with good old friends from college who I haven't seen in a couple years. one of them moved away back to CA (he was a trust fund kid- became a self-published writer), the other lives 5 minutes away in soho and has had a career/life in bars and restaurants. went to his new pad with my 6yo after lunch... and it actually made me sad- in a self-loathing jealous way. the thing is huge- by any standards (close to 5k sf), but especially NYC standards, just remodeled immaculately. it's the kind of place that I do for my clients.

my daughter was hanging out in a play-room for his infant aged kids and commented after that his son's bedroom was a little small and full of stuff. told her that was the kid's playroom... and I could see the wheels going in her head. we live in a small loft-style-lite place with 2brs- we carved a space out in the living room for her, but no doors. this playroom was bigger than her brother's bedroom and I could tell it was difficult for her to process that people lived with extra rooms where they could just play. as we left, she said- "I wish I could live in that apartment" and then started talking about what she'd do with each room. it broke my heart. she doesn't even have a door to close when she wants privacy (which has always made me sad) and got me feeling dumpy about my current and foreseeable future situation doing what I do. 

but the kids are happy, healthy and thriving, and aside from my aching back and lack of a career or funds, we're kinda happy I guess... so can't complain too much. ####.
move to GB, gb. your rent would probably get you a 4 bedroom, 3 bath in a great neighborhood with cash to spare :thumbup:

it's the NYC of the midwest

Henry Ford said:
This was definitely built this way, not a random plumber fix.   It's welded onto the sewage pipe.  Unbelievably stupid. 
The people that owned this place before us epoxied the nuts on the J-traps in the bathroom shut.  They literally glued the plastic nuts that are meant to be turned BY HAND.

Users who are viewing this thread