What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

I would definitely contact the principal and then superintendent if going to the principal doesn't work. Then try following up with the folks up the NHS if you don't get satisfaction. And if none of that works, I would definitely find a friendly lawyer to draft a letter. Seems to me that the only black and white involved is that they conspired against your son to intentionally remove him from NHS by rejecting his multiple attempts to complete his required service hours that were mandated by the school to be with a specific teacher who then denied him that opportunity.
I really want to go ballistic but I have 2 more kids that have to go to this school so I’m wary of screwing things up for them. 

The latest update is he had to file a written appeal that will be heard by the 3 students on the NHS board.  It is so ridiculous an adult refuses to make a decision and puts it in kids hands.  

If he gets rejected I have considered the lawyer route and thought defamation of character would be appropriate if they contact the colleges. 

Really hoping common sense wins and the right decision is made.  

If the principal wasn't a spineless moron I would be knocking on his door tomorrow morning.

For example my same son was involved in an accident in the school parking lot last year.  A kid was driving at least 35 MPH and plowed into my sons car.  It totaled the car and messed up my son's back and caused him to quit the track team so he could rehab.  The kid initially lied about the whole thing.  Luckily I was able to get video of the accident from the schools cameras.  This was huge in determining fault and getting insurance to pay. 

The kid was bragging about totaling our car so I went to the principal and asked what he was going to do.  He gave me some BS about not being able to discuss other students.  I shareed the video and pointed out the school handbook says driving privileges' are suspended for at fault accidents on school property.  This kid was a football player and popular so of course the principal didn't have the balls to do anything. :rant:   so fighting over this wont get me anywhere. 
Next stop, School Board and Local TV News

If the principal wasn't a spineless moron I would be knocking on his door tomorrow morning.

For example my same son was involved in an accident in the school parking lot last year.  A kid was driving at least 35 MPH and plowed into my sons car.  It totaled the car and messed up my son's back and caused him to quit the track team so he could rehab.  The kid initially lied about the whole thing.  Luckily I was able to get video of the accident from the schools cameras.  This was huge in determining fault and getting insurance to pay. 

The kid was bragging about totaling our car so I went to the principal and asked what he was going to do.  He gave me some BS about not being able to discuss other students.  I shareed the video and pointed out the school handbook says driving privileges' are suspended for at fault accidents on school property.  This kid was a football player and popular so of course the principal didn't have the balls to do anything. :rant:   so fighting over this wont get me anywhere. 
Superintendent, school board, then press. 

I will have 2 kids at this high school next year so i’m wary  about blowing things up. I want to win this battle but not if my kids will be at war with administration the rest of their high school years. 

Go to principal.  If immediate action isn't taken to have them stop from contacting the colleges until this can get sorted out, go to the school board.  If you're told to wait until the next school board meeting to be brought up in front of a crowd to explain all this, go to you local television station.  They eat this #### up.  They will being a story and the school will be forced to do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have 2 kids at this high school next year so i’m wary  about blowing things up. I want to win this battle but not if my kids will be at war with administration the rest of their high school years. 
What kind of retribution are you afraid of?  Don't be a ##### about this if your son has potential scholarships that would be affected.

After you blow things up, good chance your other kids will be nigh untouchable, imo. Sure, you’ll be “that”parent, but it’s worth it.

If they’re at war with administration, it’s you vs. a high school principal.  I promise you can do this. 

Henry Ford said:
If they’re at war with administration, it’s you vs. a high school principal.  I promise you can do this. 
No surprise they turned down my kids appeal so I've requested a meeting with the principal to discuss this in person.  It is 50/50 if I will hear back from him today. 

@krista4  if I want to toss out the threat of legal action to prevent them from notifying schools what would that sound like?  I'm thinking defamation of character but never watched to much Law and Order to be sure what jargon/BS is appropriate in situations like this. 

No surprise they turned down my kids appeal so I've requested a meeting with the principal to discuss this in person.  It is 50/50 if I will hear back from him today. 

@krista4  if I want to toss out the threat of legal action to prevent them from notifying schools what would that sound like?  I'm thinking defamation of character but never watched to much Law and Order to be sure what jargon/BS is appropriate in situations like this. 
Honestly?

Is this panel of students supposed to be the shining examples of what the student body is and not the idiots ditching class and vaping weed behind the gym? If so, I think you need to have a little chat with yourself about where your children are being educated, because the results suck

In all seriousness, I’d keep it vague at first. Send the letter saying if they continue to do this you will take all available action against the school, the district, and the administrators personally.  That continued publication of this information to such a widespread audience places your son in a false light (you’ll never win a false light case with these facts, so just use the buzz words) and that while you have no desire to make this a legal issue, if they continue to use their screw up to punish your kid, they’re making that choice, not you. 

And then call the local “on your side” tv show. 

I seriously doubt it is published anywhere outside of the yearbook or some recognition during graduation.  I just don't want them contacting the colleges. 
Right, so the big question is “what law are they violating?” And the answer is probably “none.” But they’re being giant #####.  In which case, the appropriate response is probably to make their lives hell through administration, school board, press, documenting every infraction every one of them is involved in, filing angry letters with the school board every time they file an improper TPS report, etc. You need to become the worst nightmare of this teacher and principal, which is usually “a really involved parent who is paying attention to every single thing they do.”

In all seriousness, I’d keep it vague at first. Send the letter saying if they continue to do this you will take all available action against the school, the district, and the administrators personally.  That continued publication of this information to such a widespread audience places your son in a false light (you’ll never win a false light case with these facts, so just use the buzz words) and that while you have no desire to make this a legal issue, if they continue to use their screw up to punish your kid, they’re making that choice, not you. 

And then call the local “on your side” tv show. 
Unsurprisingly, HF answered your question better than I could have. :thumbup:  

Of course they are unable to meet with me today and their only availability is at 1:00 tomorrow.  They could not make it any more inconvenient for me as I need to re-arrange several meetings.

On top of that 2 administrators and 1 advisor pulled my son out of class today to tell him they denied his appeal and he would not be a member of honor society.  :rant:  Every time they change their story a little bit more on why he was kicked out.  On the plus side I have a signed form he completed service hours with another teacher. 

Even with the proof he completed all requirements on time I know they will not change their mind.  I will start off tomorrow's meeting calmly presenting this proof and I'm sure the meeting will end with me shouting expletives and being physically removed from the school. 

This whole thing is so stupid and I am amazed how they have chose to dig their heels in.  My son is a marching band, history loving, AP taking kid who wants to be a lawyer.  It baffles me they are picking this fight. 

@Henry Ford - I hear you about being a pain in the ### and it sounds good on paper but honestly don't have the time or will to fight that fight. 

Of course they are unable to meet with me today and their only availability is at 1:00 tomorrow.  They could not make it any more inconvenient for me as I need to re-arrange several meetings.

On top of that 2 administrators and 1 advisor pulled my son out of class today to tell him they denied his appeal and he would not be a member of honor society.  :rant:  Every time they change their story a little bit more on why he was kicked out.  On the plus side I have a signed form he completed service hours with another teacher. 

Even with the proof he completed all requirements on time I know they will not change their mind.  I will start off tomorrow's meeting calmly presenting this proof and I'm sure the meeting will end with me shouting expletives and being physically removed from the school. 

This whole thing is so stupid and I am amazed how they have chose to dig their heels in.  My son is a marching band, history loving, AP taking kid who wants to be a lawyer.  It baffles me they are picking this fight. 

@Henry Ford - I hear you about being a pain in the ### and it sounds good on paper but honestly don't have the time or will to fight that fight. 
God bless that school for doing everything they can to prevent that.

Sounds like a lot of work @berndog, but it’s an excellent learning opportunity for your son considering the profession he is interested in.

Kid’s almost out of your house. This is your last chance to go to bat for him. 

I know it sucks.  I know you don’t want to.  I know you don’t have the time. Sorry, man.  Has to be done. Plus, you’ll see the broken shell of this administrator for years around town. It’s way better than seeing him as the new superintendent for years while being pissed about what he did to your son. 

There are precious few times in life when you can be absolutely in the right, can look a man in the eyes and say “if you do not do what I am asking, I am going to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.”  And then follow through. And be completely justified. 

If you don’t do those things at that time, I don’t even know why everyone gets up in the morning. 

@Frostillicus

Sideways is still a horrible movie

The Bulldolls were on TV, but krista was pooping and missed it

thorn was trying to date a 28 year old, but he couldn't handle that she texts like his mom.  Or something.

"Redmond's rebuild" was 2 inches short, but his wife never complained.  There are pictures somewhere. 

Some idiot left his laptop bag in Nebraska

@Man of Constant Sorrow: Get some sleep.  And be careful doing it!

If you want to be a Jeopardy Champion, buy Smart Water

If you'd like to buy a house, bid against fish.  Especially if you're willing to make a cash offer.  fish was apparently offering hedgehogs?

https://imgur.com/a/OEF1t

Lots of people and their family members survived hurricanes, floods, wildfires, mudslides, locusts, insomnia, unemployment, and severed vas deferens.  A few of us are still working through a few of them.

Dylan is pretty awesome.  He bought us all frozen treats from the ice cream man.

cos is the new Harvey Weinstein. If you'd like a part in his next movie, the line for the Casting Easy Rest Adjustable Bed is to the left.

Sweet J is paying someone good money to learn how to get along with his wife once they're no longer married and no longer have to get along. 

DaRaiders' dad played Tambourine for Buddy Guy and his wife's boobs are good, thanks for asking

kev took a trip to somewhere.  I can never remember where with him.

We're all very proud of our Astros until their fans become obnoxious like Red Sox fans.  But they'll still be better than "Cubs fans"

We reached the end of the internet when we discovered woz is a responsible adult and Cappy has a kid. 

Start your own damn video thread!

If your doctor tells you to take 1 pill every 12 hours until the container is gone, he might not mean to take 2 pills per day.  Somehow.  It's complicated.  Apparently.

Tanner bought a Jeff Goldblum vs Godzilla shower Curtain to remind him of all the hot Asian women he worked with in the restaurant industry.

Cobalt!

We found out Apes With Guns has a pet bacon tree.  Actually true.

The kristas decided buying houses was no longer sufficient for them.  They've moved on to building houses to save money on gifts to the previous owners.

furley is still holding onto the towel rack he bought you for Christmas**.  Please to send him your address. 

Who the hell goes to Vegas without a lizard?  CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!?

jhib's father in law put his Echo down his pants and asked Alexa for a hummer.  Probably.

We never got an answer to, "Guess who's wife just backed into the neighbors car?"  Still waiting with bated breath,

Henry Ford is going through early onset puberty

rover is bringin sexyback. But he's doing it with less money than he had before halftime.

Lambskin's collecting decorations for St. Patrick's Day if you have any you'd like to contribute.

Frosty made a brief appearance.  It was OK.  Kind of a pain in the ###.  I mean, not like in the GM getting to 3rd and a half base kind of way.  But still.

**Some assembly required. Instructions not included.

Well, presumably he hasn't discovered booze yet...
Yeah, I kind of keep waiting for that, but I just don't think he's interested in it, yet.  I did tell him if he could keep this up for 2 more years, he'll have all sorts of opportunities to flee our coop, which I think excites him because our house is a complete sh!t show.

There are precious few times in life when you can be absolutely in the right, can look a man in the eyes and say “if you do not do what I am asking, I am going to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.”  And then follow through. And be completely justified. 

If you don’t do those things at that time, I don’t even know why everyone gets up in the morning. 
I hear you and believe me I have gone to bat for my kids numerous times. 

Some day I will share the tale of how I left his 5th grade teacher crying.

Users who are viewing this thread