Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Today I got an angry e-mail because an article on our school website had the gall to misspell Dillion’s name and go with Dylan instead. It came complete with hyphens between all the letters and demanded I check the student information system for verification. I didn’t write or post the article, and I’m 99% certain the story was given to our web master and he just cut and pasted it in, but I could fix it so I did and sent her a reply.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for alerting us to this mistake. It has been corrected.

Dilly Dilly.

-Rustoleum

I wish I had  had the balls to actually include the last bit, but I don’t think our supernintendo would have approved. :kicksrock:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rustoleum said:

Today I got an angry e-mail because an article on our school website had the gall to misspell Dillion’s name and go with Dylan instead. It came complete with hyphens between all the letters and demanded I check the student information system for verification. I didn’t write or post the article, and I’m 99% certain the story was given to our web master and he just cut and pasted it in, but I could fix it so I did and sent her a reply.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for alerting us to this mistake. It has been corrected.

Dilly Dilly.

-Rustoleum

I wish I had  had the balls to actually include the last bit, but I don’t think our supernintendo would have approved. :kicksrock:

I sent out a calendar invite to a prospect today (who I had already talked to) and misspelled her name (Kaite instead of Katie). She replied immediately ‘My name IS NOT KAITE.’

My response - ‘Sorry for the typo. I will correct and resend the meeting invite to reflect the proper spelling of your name.’

Her response - thx...

Not sure how to read the ellipses...

Edited by mr roboto
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mr roboto said:

I sent out a calendar invite to a prospect today (who is already talked to) and misspelled her name (Kaite instead of Katie). She replied immediately ‘My name IS NOT KAITE.’

My response - ‘Sorry for the typo. I will correct and resend the meeting invite to reflect the proper spelling of your name.’

Her response - thx...

Ask her if she knows D-I-L-L-I-O-N for me.

• Like 1

So 3 of my best friends from high school and I all live within 40 minutes of each other.  We hardly ever see each other, always trying to make plans but then family stuff gets in the way.  So we agreed to start meeting at a bar once a month on a weeknight that we don't have conflicts.  It was great to see them tonight.  On top of the 37 beers I usually have at home, tomorrow morning is going to be rough.

• Like 10
29 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

I sent out a calendar invite to a prospect today (who I had already talked to) and misspelled her name (Kaite instead of Katie). She replied immediately ‘My name IS NOT KAITE.’

Her response - thx...

Means nothing 

2 hours ago, mr roboto said:

Also I have a name that gets misspelled all the ####### time (Jesse - I get Jessie a lot). I’ve never once called someone on it. Maybe I should. 

:hifive:   Go for it, I call people on it when I feel like it. My utility bill has been spelled like that for the last 16 years. :shrug:  too much of a PIA to change it. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Guess who’s wife got the van stuck in their partially shoveled driveway approach (#### shoveling that 3 times) last night

well apparently at some point trying to get it out she hit the parking  break button which is right under the shifting knob (don’t buy a Pacifica).  So I spent several minutes rocking it, digging more out and then finally realizing that band easily getting it out

also if you remember the broken kitchen faucet fiasco I know have a replacement bathtub spout and 4 kitchen spray hoses (I did need one of those but got 3 more today for good measure).  Still no kitchen faucet 

A few years ago I was shoveling out after the plows came by and a neighbor a few doors down was trying to get her car into the driveway and kepth getting stuck.  Being the gentleman that I am I started walking down to see if she needed help.  Halfway to her house her husband came out, she got out of her car and they both started yelling at each other about the pile of snow, why didn't he have it cleared yet....  I was in the middle of the street and just turned around and went back home.  A month later the house was up for sale and they were divorced.

• Like 7

I don't know why but somehow I feel in here is the best place to get an answer to this question.  

About two months ago I was crippled by intestinal pain.  No other symptoms.  After a battery of invasive testing they discovered I have parasites probably from that stupid ap El Floppo made me sign up on for lunch.  The doctor treats with antibiotics and I feel a lot better after 5 days of drugs.  Two weeks later, pain is back. The m'therF'ers survived.  During this whole thing I've not really been able to eat or drink alcohol so I've shed about 20 lbs.

Currently I'm in the middle of the second round attempt to kill these bastards. 10 days of treatment, a total of 83 pills. The usual disclaimer of no alcohol is on the pill bottle. My wife and I have dinner reservations tonight and I want to have one beer.  Just one g'damn beer.  What's the worst that could happen?

I'm guessing this question has already been answered in here on like page 372.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I don't know why but somehow I feel in here is the best place to get an answer to this question.  

About two months ago I was crippled by intestinal pain.  No other symptoms.  After a battery of invasive testing they discovered I have parasites probably from that stupid ap El Floppo made me sign up on for lunch.  The doctor treats with antibiotics and I feel a lot better after 5 days of drugs.  Two weeks later, pain is back. The m'therF'ers survived.  During this whole thing I've not really been able to eat or drink alcohol so I've shed about 20 lbs.

Currently I'm in the middle of the second round attempt to kill these bastards. 10 days of treatment, a total of 83 pills. The usual disclaimer of no alcohol is on the pill bottle. My wife and I have dinner reservations tonight and I want to have one beer.  Just one g'damn beer.  What's the worst that could happen?

I'm guessing this question has already been answered in here on like page 372.  Thanks!

Nice knowing you.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

:hifive:   Go for it, I call people on it when I feel like it. My utility bill has been spelled like that for the last 16 years. :shrug:  too much of a PIA to change it. 

I have a credit card (store card I think) that had a typo on the name, the first letter of my first name was listed as a D instead of a B, making a name that doesn't exist.  When I refinanced my house I had to sign a piece of paper that this typo fake name is a AKA for me.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

first of all

but probably nothing. however, if it's one of those stupid brooklyn artisinal lagers with a bird on it, you'll probably just get more worms.

eta: parasites? yugh. there's been a stomach thing going around our school... hopefully it's not the vermeil vermillion

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

@Bob Sacamano

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

page 372 was actually pretty solid but i don't see any doctor's advice on the page

• Like 1
Just now, El Floppo said:

and btw- take this "I lost 20lbs" humblebrag bs into an otis thread please.

It's not the way to go.  I look like a saggy version of my 2002 self.  None of my clothes fit.  One of my employees brought me a pair of old pants he had in his closet because he felt bad for me.  

3 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

A PSA...don't google intestinal parasites

A friend of mine at work used to eat a whole lot and was super skinny so we joked that he must have had a tapeworm. We named it Cildo (sil.do).  I miss those days.

Edited by Osaurus
43 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Take Diatomaceous earth...seriously...go buy some diatomaceous earth and put a scoop in a smoothie for a few days in a row.  

Edit to Add:

The ability of diatomaceous earth to attract and bind to bacteria and parasites has made it very popular in the water filtration, and many people believe that this quality also makes DE a helpful supplement for detox support. Although there isn’t much research available on this subject, some physicians have found it helpful in clinical practice and recommend it for this purpose. For example, Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, author of Gut & Psychology Syndrome, recommends it for general detoxification, although she notes that it should not be taken by individuals with severe digestive conditions such as Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis.

Edited by urbanhack
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Seems like a solid weight loss plan. I'd stick 'em out for another 20 lbs and have fun tonight. 

2 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

A few years ago I was shoveling out after the plows came by and a neighbor a few doors down was trying to get her car into the driveway and kepth getting stuck.  Being the gentleman that I am I started walking down to see if she needed help.  Halfway to her house her husband came out, she got out of her car and they both started yelling at each other about the pile of snow, why didn't he have it cleared yet....  I was in the middle of the street and just turned around and went back home.  A month later the house was up for sale and they were divorced.

I like a story with a happy ending.

• Like 8

It heavily depends on what antibiotics you're taking, but given that these parasites survived the first round of antibiotics I really wouldn't screw around with booze.  What antibiotic?

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It heavily depends on what antibiotics you're taking, but given that these parasites survived the first round of antibiotics I really wouldn't screw around with booze.  What antibiotic?

Paromomycin.  Is the alcohol warning that it will counteract the effectiveness of the antibiotic or that drinking will put me in a coma?  I might risk the coma, but I'm not messing with the potency of the drug. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  Except Floppo who caused this mess.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Paromomycin.  Is the alcohol warning that it will counteract the effectiveness of the antibiotic or that drinking will put me in a coma?  I might risk the coma, but I'm not messing with the potency of the drug. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  Except Floppo who caused this mess.    

Well yeah, but you got 50 Amazon smacks out of it?

• Like 3

NICK VERMEIL HAS PARASITES

1. Rest

2. Look at map

3. Administer peppermint

4. Change food rations 

5. Attempt to trade

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Potency.