What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

My wife and her sister went to to the beach. Left me and my bil in charge of 8 kids . So today I made my 4 clean the house and weed the yard. Now we're over at bils and he made NY style hand tossed pizza, it's better than anything you could buy locally. I cooked two tbones that are resting. Today was a good day.
How about this weather?  F'n finally.

Oldrer boys and I walked to the new BG Food Cartell and it rules very much.  Will be a frequent trip for is as the days turn warm. Highly recommend.

I showed a home today that had two pews in the back bedroom.  Had lot of other garb on the walls.  Super creepy.  After we walked into the room and saw all of this, we looked to the left and hanging on the wall looked like two sets of some kind of bondage head dress things.  Turns out that they were just harnesses for the dog.  I'm going to have nightmares about this for a long time.

Sorry.  I missed that part.  But the entire vid is anti-religion, no?
I'm still trying to figure out how saying that a rabbi isn't really into Christmas is anti-semitism.  I mean...they pretty much aren't, right (regardless of the size of the nose in question)?  It's kind of one of the first plays in the playbook, isn't it?

I'm still trying to figure out how saying that a rabbi isn't really into Christmas is anti-semitism.  I mean...they pretty much aren't, right (regardless of the size of the nose in question)?  It's kind of one of the first plays in the playbook, isn't it?
jew-hater

Sorry.  I missed that part.  But the entire vid is anti-religion, no?
I got the impression it was more anti-that song, which was funny, but I didn't really get an overall anti-religion vibe from it. 

I can definitely understand why people would find that depiction of Jews offensive.  It reminds me of an AT&T ad from like 20 years ago (or maybe it was Verizon) where they were trying to show their worldwide reach.  They had a drawing of a simple world map where they had a person on each continent holding a phone (or waiving hi or something like that), except in Africa where they had a gorilla instead of a person holding a phone.  There was a big uproar over that ad.  It's just a traditionally very racist way to depict a group of people.

And no, Jews are not anti-Christmas.  I don't know any Jewish people who are anti-Christmas at all.  If I wanted to show not being in the mood for Christmas, I certainly wouldn't show a stereotypically negative/racist picture of a Jew as the symbol for that "mood".

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night for the past few weeks.  I normally don't sleep much, but can usually get about 5 hours which has become enough for me.  This 3 hour crap isn't enough, though, and I am feeling it.

I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night for the past few weeks.  I normally don't sleep much, but can usually get about 5 hours which has become enough for me.  This 3 hour crap isn't enough, though, and I am feeling it.
I had this acutely combined with anxiety over the summer last year and I truly felt I was losing my mind. Was sleeping like 1-2 hours a night. 

Page 3?!  Geez.

Here's an Anthony Jeselnik joke from last week's show:

I have this friend who's narcoleptic.  It's so weird.  I mean, it's crazy...one minute we'll just be having a normal conversation...and then the next minute I'm having sex.

No politics but...

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/377928-ted-lieu-mocks-devos-she-wasnt-asked-the-airspeed-velocity-of-an-unladen

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) mocked Education Secretary Betsy DeVos for her interview on "60 Minutes" in which she struggled to answer questions on education policy and schools.

"Betsy DeVos wasn't asked what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. She was asked basic questions about education and had trouble answering them," he tweeted.

ANNOUNCE!!!!!

I'm taking my wife and older boys to Chicago from July 5-July 7.  I've never been to Chicago and would LOVE some ideas/tips.  Here's the itinerary - we're taking the train from Pontiac, MI to Chicago arriving Union Station at 10:30am.  We're staying near Wrigley with my wife's cousin and his wife.  I am going to buy tickets to the Cubs game Friday vs. Cincy which is a 1pm game.  I know tickets are spendy, but I'd love some advise on where to sit.

Time will be limited, but I'd love to hit a museum or two and would really like some suggestions.  Typical tourist stuff also appreciated; I know my boys would probably like to visit the top of the Hancock Tower (whatever the tall one is).  

ANNOUNCE!!!!!

I'm taking my wife and older boys to Chicago from July 5-July 7.  I've never been to Chicago and would LOVE some ideas/tips.  Here's the itinerary - we're taking the train from Pontiac, MI to Chicago arriving Union Station at 10:30am.  We're staying near Wrigley with my wife's cousin and his wife.  I am going to buy tickets to the Cubs game Friday vs. Cincy which is a 1pm game.  I know tickets are spendy, but I'd love some advise on where to sit.

Time will be limited, but I'd love to hit a museum or two and would really like some suggestions.  Typical tourist stuff also appreciated; I know my boys would probably like to visit the top of the Hancock Tower (whatever the tall one is).  
You talkin' bout Willis? 

ANNOUNCE!!!!!

I'm sure our Chicago locals will chime in.  Hancock isn't the tallest - that would be the former Sears tower, now the (Whatchu talkin 'bout) "Willis" tower.  However, they're comparable.

ETA - Dammit Reg!

FYP

Which big building is better?  Seems like both want $20 per head, which seems like robbery, but if we must, we must.  I prefer museums and what not, but while there, it's probably worth visiting the rarefied air, right?
Not quite as spectacular, but if you go up to the restaurant/bar in the Hancock (96th floor), you pay nothing and still get some decent views.  You won't be up against the windows like you would be on the observation deck, but you can walk around a bit and still see some stuff.  If you can arrange to do this at night, it's a really cool spot to watch fireworks at Navy Pier, because you're ABOVE the fireworks.

ETA - fireworks appear to be every Saturday at 10:15PM

Navy Pier's a decent family destination. Lincoln Park Zoo always good.

As for museums, the 'Museum Campus' has 3 places basically right on top of each other. Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum. Right on the lake front and next to the Edifice Of Shame

Willis Tower is pretty much right at Union Station, so if you don't want to rent a caravan of school buses to get the family to the Hancock, I'd suggest that.

As for museums, the 'Museum Campus' has 3 places basically right on top of each other. Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum. Right on the lake front and next to the Edifice Of Shame
Without he younguns, skip Navy / Lincoln. Unless the older kids like Zoos.

Great, thanks!  What's the museum that Ferris Bueller went to?

FYP

Which big building is better?  Seems like both want $20 per head, which seems like robbery, but if we must, we must.  I prefer museums and what not, but while there, it's probably worth visiting the rarefied air, right?
Depends on what you want.  As was mentioned above, Willis is a close walk from the train station.  Signature is not convenient to get to, but once you're there, you can walk to tons of shopping if that's something the wife wants to pursue.  If you're going to drop the $$ on it, you might as well do Willis.  But if you're close to Hancock, you can head up to the Signature Room/Lounge and drop that $20 on a couple of cocktails for a similar enough view.  Might be challenging with the Dirty Underwear Gang in tow, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread