Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4225

  • kevzilla

    3099

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Are either of them named Magellan, by chance?

I feel dumb that I don't get this.

ETA their names are Henry Nipper and Hassan, respectively.

Edited by krista4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Probably not the right time to change the subject, but last night I caved in at about 11pm and made myself a grilled cheese sandwich with mayonnaise instead of butter.  I'll just say it:  It was good.  It was damnnnnnnnnnnnn good. 

GTFO.

9 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

How high and or drunk were you? 

9 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Had a bottle of rosé while watching the late game, but that's generally just enough to induce a mild buzz for me.  I don't really 420 that much anymore.  

 

Nevermind how high/drunk.  How fey were/are you?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, krista4 said:

I feel dumb that I don't get this.

ETA their names are Henry Nipper and Hassan, respectively.

I was going to congratulate them both on successfully navigating the birth canal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

How damaging are they predicting things to be?  Out of state Family is concerned that it will be dangerous. 

More recent models have moved the most damaging stuff south of us.  Hopefully it will just be a rainy and windy weekend.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was stung by a wasp mowing the lawn today.  As I walked away I said to the culprit and his buddies “laugh it up little ########...I’ll be back.  Enjoy the rest of your lives which is now less than 5 minutes.”  Grabbed the can of wasp spray and went MOP on them.  Fin.  

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

I was stung by a wasp mowing the lawn today.  As I walked away I said to the culprit and his buddies “laugh it up little ########...I’ll be back.  Enjoy the rest of your lives which is now less than 5 minutes.”  Grabbed the can of wasp spray and went MOP on them.  Fin.  

I hope you let him finish your lawn.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mr. furley said:

please, if you adopt a small do, for everyone's sake.. remember it's not a human baby. or a cat. it's a dog. don't carry it around. don't hold it everywhere you go. you're not cuddling the dog, you're turning it in to a skittish, over protective, snarling, bitey freak. 

and you're exacerbating the problem when you grab the dog closer, shush it, and get nervy after inviting people to pet it.

put the dog on the ground and let it do what dogs do... sniff butts and hump table legs.

Exactly. Or let them star in a FUBOtv ad. Dogs doing what dogs do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine you took 10 fat guys, and their only diet for a week was 80% McDonald’s reconstituted onions and 20% McDonald’s cheap pickles.  Now imagine on day 3 you hook them up to machines that cover their cornholes and collect their farts for the rest of the week. And imagine that gas was processed via some scientific method and turned into a liquid. Now imagine that for some strange reason National Rental Car purchased said liquid to treat the interior of its cars like it was Armor All.  That’s what my rental car smells like.  

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shuke said:

Imagine you took 10 fat guys, and their only diet for a week was 80% McDonald’s reconstituted onions and 20% McDonald’s cheap pickles.  Now imagine on day 3 you hook them up to machines that cover their cornholes and collect their farts for the rest of the week. And imagine that gas was processed via some scientific method and turned into a liquid. Now imagine that for some strange reason National Rental Car purchased said liquid to treat the interior of its cars like it was Armor All.  That’s what my rental car smells like.  

This may be the finest thing you have ever posted in this establishment.  And I realize exactly what I'm putting it up against.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo.....my kid broke her arm today.  Pretty gnarly. She came running in from outside and it was OBVIOUSLY broken. She was so scared, because it looked so bad. It about broke my heart seeing her in that much pain and being so unbelievably frightened. It took about 3 hours to get some pain meds into her. :mellow: Now, 9 hours later, I have her sleeping next to me. I sang her a lullaby, that I haven’t sang to her, in 10 years, to help her fall asleep. :cry: .  Aaaaannnnddd.....we missed our flight back to N.C. tonight, for the funeral. Good times.   We are rescheduled for tomorrow.

She did get liquid norco. :eek:  purple drank anyone?  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Soooooo.....my kid broke her arm today.  Pretty gnarly. She came running in from outside and it was OBVIOUSLY broken. She was so scared, because it looked so bad. It about broke my heart seeing her in that much pain and being so unbelievably frightened. It took about 3 hours to get some pain meds into her. :mellow: Now, 9 hours later, I have her sleeping next to me. I sang her a lullaby, that I haven’t sang to her, in 10 years, to help her fall asleep. :cry: .  Aaaaannnnddd.....we missed our flight back to N.C. tonight, for the funeral. Good times.   We are rescheduled for tomorrow.

She did get liquid norco. :eek:  purple drank anyone?  

 

Sheesh. Man, you're due for some good luck.

On your NC trip, can you even get a flight in?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Soooooo.....my kid broke her arm today.  Pretty gnarly. She came running in from outside and it was OBVIOUSLY broken. She was so scared, because it looked so bad. It about broke my heart seeing her in that much pain and being so unbelievably frightened. It took about 3 hours to get some pain meds into her. :mellow: Now, 9 hours later, I have her sleeping next to me. I sang her a lullaby, that I haven’t sang to her, in 10 years, to help her fall asleep. :cry: .  Aaaaannnnddd.....we missed our flight back to N.C. tonight, for the funeral. Good times.   We are rescheduled for tomorrow.

She did get liquid norco. :eek:  purple drank anyone?  

 

Oh man....I'm sorry buddy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I know it's 5 people in a town of thousands, but I assume our friends in Bakersfield are all OK?

I'm increasingly disturbed that he hasn't posted anything on Facebook for nearly a day.  Anyone talk to him?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some genius loaded our fee schedule incorrectly, so we are entering our second day of near-paralysis. We received a panicky email at 3PM yesterday, along with a spreadsheet with almost 2000 lines on it. They all had to be put into suspended animation by the end of the day, so they wouldn't go out with incorrect prices. That got done, but charges continue to pile up, as the Clinical Enterprise (lol) has over 130 physicians. My guess they will get this resolved over the weekend, and management will insist we get completely caught up on Monday, which is our busiest day anyway.

TLDR My job is something I have to do in order to go to Vegas twice a year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Some genius loaded our fee schedule incorrectly, so we are entering our second day of near-paralysis. We received a panicky email at 3PM yesterday, along with a spreadsheet with almost 2000 lines on it. They all had to be put into suspended animation by the end of the day, so they wouldn't go out with incorrect prices. That got done, but charges continue to pile up, as the Clinical Enterprise (lol) has over 130 physicians. My guess they will get this resolved over the weekend, and management will insist we get completely caught up on Monday, which is our busiest day anyway.

TLDR My job is something I have to do in order to go to Vegas twice a year.

I hear you have been having problems with your TPS reports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...