What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

please help with a hooze right.

the wife posts picture on facebook about floppinha, with a comment mentioning proud latina (wife is half mexican).

my best friend from HS replies- "that's funny, I didn't even know el floppo was hispanic. wow!"

how would you interpret that reply? 

and yes- correct- f'ing fb. 

El Floppo said:

the wife posts picture on facebook about floppinha, with a comment mentioning proud latina (wife is half mexican).

my best friend from HS replies- "that's funny, I didn't even know el floppo was hispanic. wow!"

I would interpret that your best friend from HS didn't know you were hispanic.

El Floppo said:

I think the best friend is trying to be funny.  Ignore it.

El Floppo said:

i would interpret that your best friend from HS doesn't know you very well

El Floppo said:

my wife is half mexicaned as well.  born in socal, but she grew up in NC.   i grew up in los angeles, across the bridge from east LA.  i'm nearly as white as GM and am more mexicaned than my wife.  hablo, raider fan, etc.   we don't really think of our kid as "latina"   :shrug:  

my wife is half mexicaned as well.  born in socal, but she grew up in NC.   i grew up in los angeles, across the bridge from east LA.  i'm nearly as white as GM and am more mexicaned than my wife.  hablo, raider fan, etc.   we don't really think of our kid as "latina"   :shrug:  
I misquoted her... Said something along the lines of "she's always thought of as the blonde girl, not the Hispanic girl". No "Latina". I just wrote that because I'm racist. Racey. Wife's dad came over and raised the kids as 'muricans in nova- other than family and regular Mexico visits, not a lot of heritage up in there. But Hispanic they are, in spite of us not particularly celebrating the culture or looking the part...it's in their blood... and full respect to her dad, who I'm sure fought all kinds of racist #### as a Mexican neuro surgeon in the south back then, and gave the brood a great life.

I misquoted her... Said something along the lines of "she's always thought of as the blonde girl, not the Hispanic girl". No "Latina". I just wrote that because I'm racist. Racey. Wife's dad came over and raised the kids as 'muricans in nova- other than family and regular Mexico visits, not a lot of heritage up in there. But Hispanic they are, in spite of us not particularly celebrating the culture or looking the part

...it's in their blood... and full respect to her dad, who I'm sure fought all kinds of racist #### as a Mexican neuro surgeon in the south back then, and gave the brood a great life.

My wife is 100% Puerto Rican - when filling out my daughters High School papers - she asked what to put down.  I told here she's 50% Hispanic and 50% mutt.  Put Hispanic!!  

Henry Ford said:
I don’t know if you know anything about it, but it’s one of those things where if she gets in and she loves speech and debate, she should go. 
Thanks Henry - yeah, we are going to send her.  I love the opportunity for her, but am not excited about sending her away by herself for 7 weeks, shes only 14 (will be 15 in May).  

Thanks Henry - yeah, we are going to send her.  I love the opportunity for her, but am not excited about sending her away by herself for 7 weeks, shes only 14 (will be 15 in May).  
She's being sent to the 7-week course at UMichigan at 14?

Are you sure it isn't the Classic course?

not sure, though we are meeting with her coach tonight to discuss it, so I'll know for sure then.

The school won't be paying the cost - we will be paying.   
Yeah, I know, but she'd have to apply and get accepted and everything.
Went to the meeting - it was an overall parents/kids meeting about the debate camps available.  I didn't realize that U of Michigan had a number of different camps (3 weeks/4 weeks and the 7 week).  Anyway, we talked to the head coach and she said that she would prefer that our daughter went to the 7-week.  Apparently, her school is fairly well recognized for debate and has some strong connections with the people running the camp.  So she will be in with the juniors/seniors and is likely to have her ### handed to her for a while 😄.  They usually have 10-12 kids attend each year.  

Went to the meeting - it was an overall parents/kids meeting about the debate camps available.  I didn't realize that U of Michigan had a number of different camps (3 weeks/4 weeks and the 7 week).  Anyway, we talked to the head coach and she said that she would prefer that our daughter went to the 7-week.  Apparently, her school is fairly well recognized for debate and has some strong connections with the people running the camp.  So she will be in with the juniors/seniors and is likely to have her ### handed to her for a while 😄.  They usually have 10-12 kids attend each year.  
Yeah, Classic (shorter course) is usually her age.  Prepare her that she’s the equivalent of a freshman in college going to NFL training camp.  Soak it all up like a sponge. 

If her coach really thinks that she is getting into the 7 week UM camp, there are really only 2 possibilities: 1) the coach has some crazy pull with the camp and he/she thinks VERY highly of your daughter or 2) the coach is crazy.

The kids that go to the 7 week camp (they were called Raptors back in my day) usually are of the calibre of winning major national tournaments and have the potential to win a national championship.

Yesterday morning it was 70 degrees down here. This morning it's 33 with light sleet. But I still dragged my broken-down old ### to the gym. :bowtie:

If her coach really thinks that she is getting into the 7 week UM camp, there are really only 2 possibilities: 1) the coach has some crazy pull with the camp and he/she thinks VERY highly of your daughter or 2) the coach is crazy.

The kids that go to the 7 week camp (they were called Raptors back in my day) usually are of the calibre of winning major national tournaments and have the potential to win a national championship.
lol - wow!  Well, as I mentioned, this is all new to us, so we can only go with what she is saying.  They do have several older students on the team that have jumped a level straight to the junior/senior level at the camp.   We'll be applying in the next couple of weeks so I'll report back.  

he's racist
she's still pissed about this. 

based on what he said, she thinks that he thinks because I'm not hispanic, my kids can't be.   "he was joking" ... "no- I can't believe he'd think that way- he's being a ####".... "I've known him my entire life- that's not what he's thinking- he's trying to make a joke about me, not a commentary about our kids' cultural heritage"... "of course it's what he's thinking- look at what he said... and he still hasn't apologized".... :loco: "yes dear". 

she's still pissed about this. 

based on what he said, she thinks that he thinks because I'm not hispanic, my kids can't be.   "he was joking" ... "no- I can't believe he'd think that way- he's being a ####".... "I've known him my entire life- that's not what he's thinking- he's trying to make a joke about me, not a commentary about our kids' cultural heritage"... "of course it's what he's thinking- look at what he said... and he still hasn't apologized".... :loco: "yes dear". 
Tell her "You Latinas have such a fiery temper.  Rowwwrrrr!"

Washington State freaking out because the forecast is predicting 5 consecutive days of snow.  Temperatures all the way down to the high 20's.   There are literally runs on grocery stores and gas stations happening.   School got out 2 hours early today so people can get home to prepare.   

I have a meeting tomorrow at noon about 30 miles from here.   They want to cancel it because of the weather.   The meeting is in the community room of a homeowners association, so they need to walk about half a block.   They think I won't be able to drive there.    They live off a main road half a mile from a freeway entrance.   

In the meantime in the world of normal behavior, I have a refrigerator being delivered today and I'm taking roverkid to a doctor's appointment and a voice lesson.   I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage the 1/2 inch of snow that will fall this afternoon.

Washington State freaking out because the forecast is predicting 5 consecutive days of snow.  Temperatures all the way down to the high 20's.   There are literally runs on grocery stores and gas stations happening.   School got out 2 hours early today so people can get home to prepare.   

I have a meeting tomorrow at noon about 30 miles from here.   They want to cancel it because of the weather.   The meeting is in the community room of a homeowners association, so they need to walk about half a block.   They think I won't be able to drive there.    They live off a main road half a mile from a freeway entrance.   

In the meantime in the world of normal behavior, I have a refrigerator being delivered today and I'm taking roverkid to a doctor's appointment and a voice lesson.   I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage the 1/2 inch of snow that will fall this afternoon.
thops

i made it off a mountain, after it snowed 5 inches or so the other day!  and this was in socal.  you can do it!!!

thops

i made it off a mountain, after it snowed 5 inches or so the other day!  and this was in socal.  you can do it!!!
Washington drivers are horrible in all conditions.   The only people that will be on the roads this weekend will be transplants from states where people know how to drive.  A local legislator has actually introduced legislation requiring all Washington drivers to take an online course on how to merge.   I hope it passes.

Washington drivers are horrible in all conditions.   The only people that will be on the roads this weekend will be transplants from states where people know how to drive.  A local legislator has actually introduced legislation requiring all Washington drivers to take an online course on how to merge.   I hope it passes.
that's brilliant!  i say all the time, the main issue with traffic, is people's inability to merge!

So I flew in to Austin today.  Up here in Wimberley now to see my aunt.  I'd love to meet some of you Texas people,  but not sure there's time.  Just know that I'll be putting a little dent in y'alls booze supply. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread