Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

are they assigning letter grades?  how is she doing?

Yes. Fine, I assume. When it comes to that stuff, I treat her like I always treated my teams at work. A little attention early to make sure things are OK, and then I trust until I'm given a reason not to.

She's crazy smart and very grade driven, so until she realizes she can get by without having to try very much, I just appreciate it 

I know there are a lot of bad aspects of the COVID thing and that people are really suffering, but could I tell you the worst part of this for me?  My neighbors.  My freaking neighbors.  They're out all the time now, such that I can't roll out to water the lawn or pull weeds without being stuck in a long conversation with someone.  I just want to get this done and get on with my life!   The neighbors are very nice, but I can't avoid them.  I spend the day poking the garage door up and then immediately closing it again.  Now I've taken to doing gardening only at night or when it's raining.  Get back to your jobs, please!

(I seriously do know that I have it good, but this is driving me mad.)

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yes. Fine, I assume. When it comes to that stuff, I treat her like I always treated my teams at work. A little attention early to make sure things are OK, and then I trust until I'm given a reason not to.

She's crazy smart and very grade driven, so until she realizes she can get by without having to try very much, I just appreciate it 

you're lucky.  mine is more of the spicolli version.  she's getting better though.  her grades are actually, much better now.  i credit the homeschool teacher.  more importantly, she's actually learning and retaining  things.

10 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

you're lucky.  mine is more of the spicolli version.  she's getting better though.  her grades are actually, much better now.  i credit the homeschool teacher.  more importantly, she's actually learning and retaining  things.

Yes, very fortunate. Somehow she turned into a giant smartass, though, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take her out.

2 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

I've worn actual pants once since March 19.

I hadn't thought about this until you mentioned it but I'm reasonably sure I haven't worn pants in 2020.  Maybe since Nov. 2019. I took December and January off from business travel and only did personal trips to the Caribbean.  I don't really remember much of February, but to be fair I kinda went the opposite of "sober February", then this thing happened. Pretty sure I've got a perfect 5-6 month pant-less streak going. :suds::excited:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I hadn't thought about this until you mentioned it but I'm reasonably sure I haven't worn pants in 2020.  Maybe since Nov. 2019. I took December and January off from business travel and only did personal trips to the Caribbean.  I don't really remember much of February, but to be fair I kinda went the opposite of "sober February", then this thing happened. Pretty sure I've got a perfect 5-6 month pant-less streak going. :suds::excited:

i have not worn pants, since returning from WY on 3/8.  your story is better.  :kicksrock:

2 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

I've worn actual pants once since March 19.

I’ve thrown on jeans a handful of times, basically when I had to go to the store and it was cold and when I built my new fire pit

1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

We work with the 1st grader pretty closely, 3rd and 5th kinda do their own thing.  5th no issues, but 3rd got some assignments kicked back.  One of the reading comprehension questions was something like “Who is Miss Pimisole” and his answer was “Miss Pimisole” 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’ve thrown on jeans a handful of times, basically when I had to go to the store and it was cold and when I built my new fire pit

We work with the 1st grader pretty closely, 3rd and 5th kinda do their own thing.  5th no issues, but 3rd got some assignments kicked back.  One of the reading comprehension questions was something like “Who is Miss Pimisole” and his answer was “Miss Pimisole” 🤦‍♂️

how many kids do you have?

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Q: Use "equestrian" in a sentence.

A: I am using equestrian in a sentence. 

:wub: 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

I know there are a lot of bad aspects of the COVID thing and that people are really suffering, but could I tell you the worst part of this for me?  My neighbors.  My freaking neighbors.  They're out all the time now, such that I can't roll out to water the lawn or pull weeds without being stuck in a long conversation with someone.  I just want to get this done and get on with my life!   The neighbors are very nice, but I can't avoid them.  I spend the day poking the garage door up and then immediately closing it again.  Now I've taken to doing gardening only at night or when it's raining.  Get back to your jobs, please!

wear your mask

13 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

wear your mask

Ohhhh, I have the gown, goggles, mask, and face shield I had to wear at the clinic Friday.  I should put the whole get-up on!

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Ohhhh, I have the gown, goggles, mask, and face shield I had to wear at the clinic Friday.  I should put the whole get-up on!

that, or just buy their house

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

or just do what i do.  in a semi sarcastic, come on bro, i don't really mean it(but i really do), exasperated voice...6 feet!   but it's loud.  you can't ignore it loud.  obnoxious loud.  followed by a fake, chagrinned look.  i get annoyed looks every time.  but people back the #### up.  :D 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, krista4 said:

REM fan?

• Like 1

My daughter is a 14 year old freshman. If she could do this online learning permanently she would, she loves it.

She's a bit of a loner so that worries me a little but on a whole, she loves it.

Gets to sleep in to 7am. Logs in at 7:30

Done for the day anywhere from 10-11.

She does have a big bio research project so that's keeping her a little more busy now

Edited by belljr

I have a solution to everyone's problems.  It's beer.  Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.  Also, 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.  Coincidence? I think not!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I have a solution to everyone's problems.  It's beer.  Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.  Also, 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.  Coincidence? I think not!

sure the wheel is fine, but does it get you drunk?

checkmate, Aristophanes

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

sure the wheel is fine, but does it get you drunk?

checkmate, Aristophanes

its spelled artistophrohan but i will allow it take that to the bank brohan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took our German Shepherd to the vet yesterday afternoon because he seemed to be in real pain, presumably from a gimpy rear leg and he ended up needing emergency surgery for internal bleeding/ruptured spleen. He made it through the surgery. Apparently his spleen was covered in nodules/tumors. We'll know the results of the biopsy in about five days, but he seems to be out of danger in the near term.

I never even hesitated, but the surgery plus stay at an overnight emergency vet hospital was incredibly expensive. Like it would have chewed through our entire annual family deductible on our healthcare plan, if he was included. I feel fortunate that we could afford it. I can't imagine having to just have my buddy put down suddenly because we couldn't afford treatment.

• Sad 3
3 hours ago, RC94 said:

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer"

- Frank Zappa

• Like 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, krista4 said:

Coughing fits

Some of the changes to commercials due to Covid are starting to get to me.

Amazon seems to think we should think more of them because "We are flying masks out to all our employees".  WTF if you are forcing them to work, you damn well better offer them the proper PPE.

1-800-GOT-JUNK has a new radio commercial where they are going over their new procedures and the lady asks "If I text you a picture of my junk, will you tell me how much it will cost to get rid of it" and every time I start laughing wondering how many dic picks they get now.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

@krista4 so we bought a house. But it's an estate sale. How do I buy a gift for a dead person? TIA

PS I hope she didn't die in our bedroom because eww

Congrats!!!

I think Blue Angels flyover in tribute is the traditional gift.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i've got 9 and 11 year old daughters

one of us isn't making it out of the pandemic in whole parts  :hot:

My money is on the daughter's winning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
36 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

mine's 13.  i'm betting on the girls, they'll be just fine.  mine's still in bed, as i type this.

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

Read that as whole pants.

Agreed.

• Like 1