Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, -fish- said:

Good luck.  My daughters first time she didn’t realize she had it in reverse, gunned it directly at a rock wall.   Luckily I pulled the ebrake before she hit anything.  She’s much better now.  
 

 

:lol: she's 14 so we are taking baby steps. She's driven golf carts and go karts but this is obviously different.  We just drove around the parking lot and down one of our park roads

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SWC said:

furley call the city they will fix that guys wagon for blocking the drain take that to the bank brohan

we've been in contact. they said "not our drain, not our problem."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't get enough of the psf now.

I can't believe grown ### men are now crying about moderation ....  I think I was born 30 years too late.   I hold all my emotions inside, grunt a lot and if #### goes wrong I just plow through.

Thank you for listening

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, belljr said:

I can't get enough of the psf now.

I can't believe grown ### men are now crying about moderation ....  I think I was born 30 years too late.   I hold all my emotions inside, grunt a lot and if #### goes wrong I just plow through.

Thank you for listening

agree. A solid 30% of that forum is whining, mostly about the moderation. I think I've been once in the last 2-3 months. It makes me weary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, belljr said:

I can't get enough of the psf now.

I can't believe grown ### men are now crying about moderation ....  I think I was born 30 years too late.   I hold all my emotions inside, grunt a lot and if #### goes wrong I just plow through.

Thank you for listening

I can't go in there, every once in awhile I'll lob something funny about Trump I saw on Twitter ...but don't stick around.

So glad we have it so all that crap isn't mucking up the FFA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Serious question...what benefit are you guys getting out of the PSF? 

There are brief moments when I'm looking to understand the rationale for the opposite political belief... But so far, that place hasn't and the people of those beliefs can't answer clearly, without paranoid conspiracies and without being generally horrible. I guess that might be the answer I'm looking for...but I don't need to interact with it to understand that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Serious question...what benefit are you guys getting out of the PSF? 

There are brief moments when I'm looking to understand the rationale for the opposite political belief... But so far, that place hasn't and the people of those beliefs can't answer clearly, without paranoid conspiracies and without being generally horrible. I guess that might be the answer I'm looking for...but I don't need to interact with it to understand that.

To watch 90% of the people be completely unhinged, pretty much where I rank 90% of society.   I don't argue much over there. I'm more amazed people have the energy to care that much over mostly stupid #### over there.

No one really has rational discussions, it's all one ups, what abouts, see look, my side is better.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Serious question...what benefit are you guys getting out of the PSF? 

There are brief moments when I'm looking to understand the rationale for the opposite political belief... But so far, that place hasn't and the people of those beliefs can't answer clearly, without paranoid conspiracies and without being generally horrible. I guess that might be the answer I'm looking for...but I don't need to interact with it to understand that.

I admit I enjoy talking politics, but I have to stay out of there moving forward. I got 6 weeks for a seemingly innocuous post, then the day I got back got another 6 weeks for reasons I don’t understand at all with a rather rude message from the mods. I’ve probably spent 80% of this year suspended for either sarcastic jokes or random posts where I’m not even trying to be provocative.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dickies said:

I admit I enjoy talking politics, but I have to stay out of there moving forward. I got 6 weeks for a seemingly innocuous post, then the day I got back got another 6 weeks for reasons I don’t understand at all with a rather rude message from the mods. I’ve probably spent 80% of this year suspended for either sarcastic jokes or random posts where I’m not even trying to be provocative.

 

I got 3 weeks for saying protestors aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. 
 

A moderator called someone stupid later on the same page but I don’t think he got suspended 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Serious question...what benefit are you guys getting out of the PSF? 

There are brief moments when I'm looking to understand the rationale for the opposite political belief... But so far, that place hasn't and the people of those beliefs can't answer clearly, without paranoid conspiracies and without being generally horrible. I guess that might be the answer I'm looking for...but I don't need to interact with it to understand that.

I stopped posting in there in November.   The benefit is confining all of that garbage to somewhere else.   The mods have problems admitting there are trolls, and Joe doesn't get that a bunch of them are just FFToday guys trying to make his life miserable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

paranoid conspiracies and being generally horrible.

This is the Republican party in a nutshell right now. 

Signed,

Someone who has voted Republican most of his life

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, mr. furley said:

long story, made short:   "community" drain lies on neighbor property.  nreighbor planted a pine tree next to it years ago (probably when they built the house in the 80s). underneath the tree is the drain.... and nothing else because the acidity of the pine tree kills everything. 

so he throws down massive amounts of mulch and lava rock to "beautify" the space under & around the tree.

the tree & his property are above the drain.. my property is similarly above the level of the drain... but not as high as his. 

when we get rain (yesterday we got over 3" from about 8 AM until 2 PM) the mulch/leaves/rock, etc. under his stupid ####### pine tree, wash...... down slope (imagine that!!).... in to the drain, and block the grates in a few minutes.  eventually as the rain accumulates and debris piles up over the drain grate, blocking it.. the water has nowhere to go so it backs up in to three yards (mine, my neighbor to the south and my neighbor directly east), but not in to his yard.

i had shin deep water going about 40 feet from the drain.  the water also backs up enough to go through my neighbor's fence, in to his pool.  

 

the only way to resolve this flooding/backup is to clean debris off the grate. repeatedly. idiot neighbor won't do it. he & his idiot wife have threatened me for stepping on their property to clean the debris away so that the water can drain away and stop ####### flooding my ####### yard.

fine, we said, then ####### clean it yourselves when it rains. i only do it because i have to or i'll have water in my house.. which is 50 feet away.  you dumb ####wit. it can take 30 minutes to clean the drain, or it can take 3 hours.   either way it has to be done, or i will have standing water in my yard for DAYS. 

to that he says "no, and stay off my property".  and instead of doing anything helpful to keep me off his property... he adds more & more & more mulch after every rain fall.  so i continually have to clean the ####### drain off, and wind up throwing the mulch, rocks, etc. on to his yard because it's closest... which pisses him off.

 

but, #### that guy for not understanding simple physics. dumb ####### #######. 

 

eta: i have to add this amazing tidbit. this stupid numbnuts laid down lengths of pipe... completely at random... around the drain.  they're maybe 3-4 feet long & if the width of the tube is larger than 1/8" i'm the pope. he claims that it helps the water drain faster.  how that makes sense i'm not sure. it's just pvc pipe, laying on top of the ground, with an opening 1/2 as big as a straw. probably smaller.  why he thinks that will assist in draining water that's over a foot deep is anybody's guess, but i'd have to think it's the result of his 3rd grade education.

 

 

A lot of our neighbors have placed mesh bags with bark chips in them to place around the storm drains.  These help with debris that float down from heavy rainfall in the area.  The water seeps through the bags while the rocks and mulch gets contained.  

I know this dude is a giant ballsack but maybe it might help to speak to him on a dry day, over a beer and implore him to park some of these around the drain so in the future, it will help with the current plight you ALL find yourselves in?  I've found that being  sickeningly sweet to cantankerous homeowners is generally a successful strategy.  They don't know how to react to somebody being so kind in an otherwise tense situation.  

Edited by General Malaise
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, General Malaise said:

Yikes, sorry!  I edited.  No link.  Just think of like....you know....a mesh bag with bark chips in them.  

it's so simple, yet so smart. pretty much exactly what we've been trying to figure out how to do, but never considered mesh apple/onion bags.

we're supposed to get pounded with rain tonight. hoping to get over to Home Depot or something tonight to get some bags and then i''ll just use some of the excess woodchips and mulch he has thrown down already to fill them.  we'll see if that works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

furley i think you are up in the tundra all i am sayin is i am a guy that likes to kick stuff and if this neighbor or yours or his wood chips need some kickin i havent been to hinterland for a beer for a while so i could make a trip im just sayin take that to the bank bromigo 

Edited by SWC
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

it's so simple, yet so smart. pretty much exactly what we've been trying to figure out how to do, but never considered mesh apple/onion bags.

we're supposed to get pounded with rain tonight. hoping to get over to Home Depot or something tonight to get some bags and then i''ll just use some of the excess woodchips and mulch he has thrown down already to fill them.  we'll see if that works.

The meshing is a little finer than those horrible football/sports jerseys we had to wear in the 80s.  Pretty common to see those bags around storm drains here.  Can be a nuisance too - bikers hate them when they are on bike lanes...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's some words I never imagined I'd see put together

Hazel Ward

@WardieJerusalem

· 1h

Spanish porn star Nacho Vidal, who likes to advertise his aromatic candles shaped like male genitalia on Twitter, has been arrested on manslaughter charges following a man's death during a mystic ritual in which he inhaled psychedelic toad venom @AFP http://u.afp.com/3dss

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Here's some words I never imagined I'd see put together

Hazel Ward

@WardieJerusalem

· 1h

Spanish porn star Nacho Vidal, who likes to advertise his aromatic candles shaped like male genitalia on Twitter, has been arrested on manslaughter charges following a man's death during a mystic ritual in which he inhaled psychedelic toad venom @AFP http://u.afp.com/3dss

Is it Wednesday again?

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

I just got the estimate for adding roverkid to my insurance when she turns 16 next month.    It essentially triples my insurance.

I feel ya I have 3 kids on my insurance and am paying for 2 college tuitions.  I’m reminded daily that I was not a smart man in my 30’s. 

On the bright side when you consider how Roverkid was feeling a year ago tripling your car insurance is a big win. :thumbup:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2020 at 4:39 PM, General Malaise said:

Yikes, sorry!  I edited.  No link.  Just think of like....you know....a mesh bag with bark chips in them.  

Probably something similar or actually called an erosion sock or filter sock.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any tips on smoothing things over with an upset boss who could be bipolar?

Let's say you did a little screw-up months ago and it just came to light. It was something she should have caught (and obviously is taking zero responsibility). You have already said your peace, accepted responsibility for the error...but made it known you don't feel it's 100% your fault due to the specific situation. 

Ride it out and hope for the best?

Expect to be fired soon?

Asking for a good buddy, of course. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eoMMan said:

Any tips on smoothing things over with an upset boss who could be bipolar?

Let's say you did a little screw-up months ago and it just came to light. It was something she should have caught (and obviously is taking zero responsibility). You have already said your peace, accepted responsibility for the error...but made it known you don't feel it's 100% your fault due to the specific situation. 

Ride it out and hope for the best?

Expect to be fired soon?

Asking for a good buddy, of course. 

 

BURN IT DOWN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, -fish- said:

I just got the estimate for adding roverkid to my insurance when she turns 16 next month.    It essentially triples my insurance.

Growing up in Philly, my dad told me we would basically have to move if I ever wanted to drive a car bc the insurance was so ridiculous. That was 1987. We moved that summer to the suburbs of Milwaukee and I could drive a couple years later. Coincidence? Absolutely. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Any tips on smoothing things over with an upset boss who could be bipolar?

Let's say you did a little screw-up months ago and it just came to light. It was something she should have caught (and obviously is taking zero responsibility). You have already said your peace, accepted responsibility for the error...but made it known you don't feel it's 100% your fault due to the specific situation. 

Ride it out and hope for the best?

Expect to be fired soon?

Asking for a good buddy, of course. 

 

My :2cents: The bolded is the rub...your buddy made a mistake and it wasn't caught by the checks and balances. His mistake = 100% of the fault. Sure the boss should have caught it but the responsibility falls on the person who made the mistake IMO. Should have taken full responsibility and moved on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

My :2cents: The bolded is the rub...your buddy made a mistake and it wasn't caught by the checks and balances. His mistake = 100% of the fault. Sure the boss should have caught it but the responsibility falls on the person who made the mistake IMO. Should have taken full responsibility and moved on.

Gotcha.  I'll advise my buddy to make no mention of the "not 100% his fault" going forward. 

I try to tell him that even if you're right and it makes you feel good by sticking up for yourself, you can't win here.  Suck it up and move on.  Or be ready to look for a new job...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

My :2cents: The bolded is the rub...your buddy made a mistake and it wasn't caught by the checks and balances. His mistake = 100% of the fault. Sure the boss should have caught it but the responsibility falls on the person who made the mistake IMO. Should have taken full responsibility and moved on.

@eoMMan this

maybe go to the boss and say that, in hindsight, blah blah blah.  and that moving forward, blah blah.  making it clear how much you have learned from the situation, blah blah, blah.

or, burn it down

ggggllllllllll  peeeeeeeaaaaaassssss

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Any tips on smoothing things over with an upset boss who could be bipolar?

Let's say you did a little screw-up months ago and it just came to light. It was something she should have caught (and obviously is taking zero responsibility). You have already said your peace, accepted responsibility for the error...but made it known you don't feel it's 100% your fault due to the specific situation. 

Ride it out and hope for the best?

Expect to be fired soon?

Asking for a good buddy, of course. 

 

Get her a box of chocolates and a card that says, "It wasn't your fault.  It was probably just PMS."

  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, -fish- said:

I just got the estimate for adding roverkid to my insurance when she turns 16 next month.    It essentially triples my insurance.

Get a quote from Metromile.  They charge by the miles you drive each month on top of a base monthly fee.  It lowered our auto insurance (with my 17 year old on there) from $280 a month to $150ish (depending on the miles driven).  They're available in Washington.  Worth looking into.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Get a quote from Metromile.  They charge by the miles you drive each month on top of a base monthly fee.  It lowered our auto insurance (with my 17 year old on there) from $280 a month to $150ish (depending on the miles driven).  They're available in Washington.  Worth looking into.

Yeah since I work from home I'm switching to a per mile plan.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...