What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

I’m on a boat.  
Visited my Aunt and family in Hot Springs in the mid '80's.  Highlights:  1. Red and White Razorbacks Trucker cap; 2. Falling in love with my older cousin Amy (When In Rome, or whatevs).

Spoiler Alert: I married a girl named Amy (not my cousin).

Dallas has the longest taxi I’ve ever experienced.   Pretty sure getting to the runway is longer than my flight.
The penalty boxes out there are pretty awesome too. Why head back to a gate when you can enjoy sitting on the side of the taxiway watching other planes not delayed?

the rover said:
look, man, nothing else is happening here.  Live blogging my ever improving flight and impending doomed relationship with a random flight attendant is all we have right now.  
It's not all I have.  I also currently own an annoying hangover, and a schedule full of conference calls.  This will be great.

Call back here to Furley's co-worker who is hyper-animated and super-obnoxious, but yet, doesn't exist because Furls refuses to video his histrionics. 

/Notebook  :grad:
AND I WILL NEVER, EVER FORGIVE HIM FOR THAT.

It’s beautiful.  We’re on Lake Hamilton.  
I think that is where my aunt/uncle used to live, and we would launch old golf range balls cross the lake from their back yard on family reunions (we figured it was 225 yards to the rock across the lake from their backyard...,y dad would bring down a box of old driving range balls for us to launch).  I learned to water ski, innertube, and be a general ### there...  Still remember the smell of crappy stale beer from my Uncle's choice of beverages...

Job market seems to be heating back up now that NYC is heading into phase 2. I wasn't expecting to see any ads up my alley for a long time. But been a few the last couple days...pray for mojo.
2 interviews for next week. If it weren't for this "money" stuff, I'd enjoy just hanging out with the kids in MD this summer. but selfish bastards have to "eat" and stuff.

definitively heading back to NYC on the 30th. excited and not excited at the same time. 

2 interviews for next week. If it weren't for this "money" stuff, I'd enjoy just hanging out with the kids in MD this summer. but selfish bastards have to "eat" and stuff.

definitively heading back to NYC on the 30th. excited and not excited at the same time. 
Everyday? 

There's still not much to do around here yet and I don't feel like walking around getting sweaty, so I’m at home and I finished 3 books today.  That was a lot of coloring, and I stayed inside the lines the whole time.

happy fathers' day, all!

hopefully I'm not the only one in my family who remembered. lunch time, and not a single word from the wife or kids. it shouldn't, because I don't care about these kind of days that much... but not even a "happy fathers' day" from one of them is bumming me out. they headed to the pool while I'm about to take our trash to the dump. feel tempted to just keep driving to the beach and enjoy the day to myself.

happy fathers' day, all!

hopefully I'm not the only one in my family who remembered. lunch time, and not a single word from the wife or kids. it shouldn't, because I don't care about these kind of days that much... but not even a "happy fathers' day" from one of them is bumming me out. they headed to the pool while I'm about to take our trash to the dump. feel tempted to just keep driving to the beach and enjoy the day to myself.
happy father's day dude.  i'm headed to work for a 12 hour shift.  slap it high?

happy fathers' day, all!

Happy Scarf Day to you Floppo.  Been there with this. Usually works out later in the day. Could be a trap.

happy fathers' day, all!

That sucks Floppo...I'd be bummed if that happened to me as well. You should just go scarf shopping, that should make you feel better!

happy fathers' day, all!

It’s possible they may not even know what day of the week it is right now 

Happy Father's Day to all the GMTAN dads and stepdads. Was pleasantly surprised my stepdaughter pinged me with a HFD text from college. And got a nice card from my wife.

Currently slow cooking a fat rib-eye that I'll finish in a screaming hot skillet.

eta - behold

Last edited by a moderator:
13yo floppinho (just had his bday) wished me a happy mothers day at around 4. went with the wife to the drug store and to pick up take out "mexican" (and I'll use that word loosely- fine, or even ok dining isn't exactly an OC MD thing) at around 6. wondered why she spent so long in the drug store. when we got back and set up dinner, I explained to everybody that I was disappointed and sad to have been forgotten today- wife flashed resentment... "it was supposed to be a surprise"... and sends floppinha to produce a card from the kids and some candy she just bought at the drug store. surprise!

not a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. and they didn't ultimately forget. but sue me if I'm still disappointed that my day didn't begin with a couple of kids saying HFD and a wife asking if I wanted to do anything today. 

Got this FB message from my oldest son today.  He lives about 5 hours away.

Son: It’s father’s day and I thought about calling you to chat like I did with mom on mother’s day but I thought you might not like it lol

Me: Lol I was actually just about to take a nap, thanks though.

Son:  I was going to call or text but I didn’t want to irritate you

Me: Not irritating me is the best gift ever

Son: Done

He really is a great kid

Got this FB message from my oldest son today.  He lives about 5 hours away.

Son: It’s father’s day and I thought about calling you to chat like I did with mom on mother’s day but I thought you might not like it lol

Me: Lol I was actually just about to take a nap, thanks though.

Son:  I was going to call or text but I didn’t want to irritate you

Me: Not irritating me is the best gift ever

Son: Done

He really is a great kid
AND he remembered.

I tried donating blood today, but what’s with all of the questions?  Whose blood is it?  Where did you get it?  Why is it in a bucket?
I feel your pain.  A buddy donated a kidney and he's a hero.  I tried to donate five and got arrested.

I tried donating blood today, but what’s with all of the questions?  Whose blood is it?  Where did you get it?  Why is it in a bucket?
Did they ask if you were gay and had sex with a prostitute in Brazil?

I mean, can't we keep some things to ourselves?

Our only local Jamaican food place is closing at the end of the week.  Grabbed 2 orders of jerk chicken and a curry shrimp ( :wub: ) yesterday that I'll be lunching on through the week.

There's still a food truck, but I'm going to miss having that place in the rotation.

Our only local Jamaican food place is closing at the end of the week.  Grabbed 2 orders of jerk chicken and a curry shrimp ( :wub: ) yesterday that I'll be lunching on through the week.

There's still a food truck, but I'm going to miss having that place in the rotation.
This is on top of our only Cuban saingwich shop already closing and our best burger joint closing in late July, all due at least in part to Covid-19 :kicksrock:

what i hear you saying is "i'm opening my own restaurant in the fall"
:lmao:  I have good friends in the restaurant biz.  Don't want any part of that, pandemic or not.

The Cuban place really hurts, not just because the food was great, but the couple that ran it were great people.  Here's an article from a couple years ago.

:lmao:  I have good friends in the restaurant biz.  Don't want any part of that, pandemic or not.

The Cuban place really hurts, not just because the food was great, but the couple that ran it were great people.  Here's an article from a couple years ago.
:thumbup:  sounds like an awesome place with a good story.  something tells me this lady is resilient and you haven't seen the last of her.

Guy at the counter: Do you guys have jerk chicken

Chicken yelling from the back: #### you, Pal!

Users who are viewing this thread