Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

13 minutes ago, cstu said:

Got trapped into going to a 7 year old's birthday party at a salon.  At the end the girls went on a stage and did karaoke to songs like this and knew all the words (luckily not mine).  7 year olds, dude.  :x:

i, too, have a 7 year old and know your pain

• Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:

i, too, have a 7 year old and know your pain

6 and 8 here. Little girls love ####ty music. 

Edited by mr roboto
  • Like 1

42nd Birthday today (Thanks K4!).  Took my wife and son to this place http://richardsonrockranch.com/ ("If Steven Avery was an Oregonian, he'd live here!") to go rock-hounding. To most people, it probably seems like hot, dirty, back-breaking, hot, dirty work.  And it's all of those things.  It's also a place my grandparents visited every year when I was a child, stopping by our home on the way and on the way home.  It's something I've always wanted to try, in their honor.  11 year old son loved it ("This is just like Minecraft!" as he slung the rock hammer into the wall of rock and chipped out thundereggs) because it was like a treasure hunt.  Wife loved it because I was taking her and my son on an adventure and spending time with them for my birthday. I loved it because they did. :)

Now I'm drinking vodka sodas and waiting for the wife to get home with the giant Cibelli's pizza and then later we'll have a little Umpqua chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  And judging by her attitude toward me today, maybe a little necking later.  Nice little birthday up in dis hizzy.

(Yes, I'm propping Oregon things.  Sue me.  Oregon peeps: Richardson Ranch might be worth a day trip if your kids are into treasure hunting. Or you could do it on the way to or from Bend for a long weekend.)

• Like 7
10 hours ago, bud29 said:

Well now I gotta google this. :yes:

Well, for those interested, "Emily Ratajkowski propellor beanie" image search yielded this. So disappointing.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I said I don't like women to wear boots.  High heels are fine.   Boots are terrible. It's an awful trend like grunge when all the girls liked wearing flannel,  covering up a beautiful woman with sweaty disgusting clothes.  Why would you not want to see her calves?  You like slutty though high boots?  Slutty naked thighs are better.  It's a trick by the fashion industry to make them buy ridiculously expensive clothes to signal to us that they are attractive so we spend more money on them to get to enjoy them less.  Consumerism at its worst. 

Nope, this was definitely about heels.  I'll look to GM to confirm.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, proninja said:

I don't understand what all the fuss is about footwear. I mean, I know it's the internet so I'm supposed to have a hot take, but I just can't bring myself to care. 

You monster.

• Like 3

We were at a party yesterday and I see Catfish Dyl riding on the back of a golf cart, a girl under each arm, with a big smile on his face.  I called him over because they looked too young for him.   (He turned 9 in March but 4'11 now so looks older than his peers.)   I told him to knock it off and in a whisper he says out of the corner of his mouth "dad, I checked,  they're both 8". 

Proud and scared.  He gave me a big hug before bed last night though.  We understand each other. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, St. Louis Bob said:

We were at a party yesterday and I see Catfish Dyl riding on the back of a golf cart, a girl under each arm, with a big smile on his face.  I called him over because they looked too young for him.   (He turned 9 in March but 4'11 now so looks older than his peers.)   I told him to knock it off and in a whisper he says out of the corner of his mouth "dad, I checked,  they're both 8". 

Proud and scared.  He gave me a big hug before bed last night though.  We understand each other. 

Nice.

2 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Homer J Simpson like this

:lmao:

My daughter is 7, so this is the first time she can reallh understand the Summer Olympics. It's been fun watching the qualifying competitions this weekend with her. Pretty cool how excited she has been about it. Kind of brings the magic back and reminds you just how amazing the things these people are doing.

Told the kids I'd let them pick a movie tonight since we didn't go see fireworks due to weather.  

They picked Spy Kids 3.  I've never seen a better cast in a bigger pile of #### in my life.

Antonio Banderas, Clooney, Salma Hayek, Buscemi, Carla Gugino, Stallone, Mike Judge, Elijah Wood, Ricardo Montalban, Cheech, Bill Paxton, etc.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, shuke said:

Told the kids I'd let them pick a movie tonight since we didn't go see fireworks due to weather.  

They picked Spy Kids 3.  I've never seen a better cast in a bigger pile of #### in my life.

Antonio Banderas, Clooney, Salma Hayek, Buscemi, Carla Gugino, Stallone, Mike Judge, Elijah Wood, Ricardo Montalban, Cheech, Bill Paxton, etc.

BS. Thats a great movie, Oscars all around.

2nd date with new chick also went very well.  She may shake up the starting lineup.

Unrelated: my brother just left from a visit and left a bunch of weed at my house.  

• Like 2

Happy America Day people. Haven't been around much recently, so thoprawishes to those that need it and congrats to those it applies to and thopragrats for those in the middle. 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Guster said:

Happy America Day people. Haven't been around much recently, so thoprawishes to those that need it and congrats to those it applies to and thopragrats for those in the middle. 

Welcome back.  Someone was just asking about you.

It might have been a cop.