Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4225

  • kevzilla

    3099

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Seems like it just cropped up within the last couple years though.

Yeah, with the newborn we got no less than four packs of stickers with all these milestones, like we're supposed to slap a sticker on the kid and take a picture on Baby's First Flag Day.

Admittedly I take (and post on FB) a lot of pictures of my kid but that #### is ridiculous.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sconch said:

I have a good friend that posts pics of his kid on FB every day.   Not kidding.  Now he and his wife went through hell to have this baby.  Miscarriages, IV, etc.  Like everybody else I was thrilled when they had a healthy baby boy last year.  You can really find fault in them posting pics/vids of the kid every day...sometimes multiple times a day. 

 

BUT now that the kid is over a year old they've been posting "memories" from last year in addition to the daily posts. 

"Here's Timmy eating a grape all by himself today!"   "Here's a pic of Timmy when he was a month old sleeping"  

I use the "unfollow" feature pretty liberally on people like this.  I have one friend that posted about crossfit every day, then she had a kid and now she posts pictures of him every day raving about how cute he is (as a newborn, he looked like WC Fields, but with more hair).

Still friends, but don't see her posts anymore.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Yeah, with the newborn we got no less than four packs of stickers with all these milestones, like we're supposed to slap a sticker on the kid and take a picture on Baby's First Flag Day.

Admittedly I take (and post on FB) a lot of pictures of my kid but that #### is ridiculous.  

I see those pictures all over too!  Babies with stickers on them: SIX MONTHS

Wtf?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

 

"Miller stared at the buffet line for about 20 minutes"

left unstated but clearly obvious was "mouth agape, gazing blankly in to the distance"

must have been ####-housed

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

May just be me, but my phone went apespit when clicked that link.

Some men don’t take female craft beer enthusiasts seriously assuming our beer expertise is limited or that we don’t enjoy drinking it. And they’re right! I’m not into craft beer at all… I’m just here for the ####.

 

When I order craft beer, what I’m really ordering is the experience of having male customers explain what I’m drinking in a condescending tone. Let’s admit it: I’m just here for some cask-conditioned male attention!

 

When I’m at a brewfest or a tasting, a dude will love nothing more than to lean over and say, “That one’s brewed with cocoa nibs, you know,” or “That’s a good beer—try to pick up on the roasty undertones.” Those instincts are fine, but just so you know, I’m not here to participate in a popular hobby that I’m knowledgeable about. I’m here for some dry hopped dick and balls, man!

 

Sometimes I do contribute to the conversation and end up getting congratulated on knowing words like “porter” and “grain.” But then they get suspicious and insert little questions into the conversation to see if I’m legit. But look: I’m not here to prove that I’m some kind of beer expert; I’m just here to reel in the peen by trying to prove to Mike here that I understand the fermentation process behind Belgian lambic. God!

 

 

 

Sometimes I seal the ####-deal by ordering another of “whatever this is.” It’s all worth it to get noticed by a microbrew-drinkin’ guy who’s wearing a mechanic’s shirt but doesn’t actually work in a garage. Hey sexy, come toss me over your shoulder like a big old sack of malt and drive me wild!

 

If this doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll switch over to Skinnygirl margaritas and get involved in some other hobby that girls only pretend to know something about, like comic books, videogames, or under-the-radar comedy, where the other piles of dick lay waiting for me.flower-small-red.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Some men don’t take female craft beer enthusiasts seriously assuming our beer expertise is limited or that we don’t enjoy drinking it. And they’re right! I’m not into craft beer at all… I’m just here for the ####.

 

When I order craft beer, what I’m really ordering is the experience of having male customers explain what I’m drinking in a condescending tone. Let’s admit it: I’m just here for some cask-conditioned male attention!

 

When I’m at a brewfest or a tasting, a dude will love nothing more than to lean over and say, “That one’s brewed with cocoa nibs, you know,” or “That’s a good beer—try to pick up on the roasty undertones.” Those instincts are fine, but just so you know, I’m not here to participate in a popular hobby that I’m knowledgeable about. I’m here for some dry hopped dick and balls, man!

 

Sometimes I do contribute to the conversation and end up getting congratulated on knowing words like “porter” and “grain.” But then they get suspicious and insert little questions into the conversation to see if I’m legit. But look: I’m not here to prove that I’m some kind of beer expert; I’m just here to reel in the peen by trying to prove to Mike here that I understand the fermentation process behind Belgian lambic. God!

 

 

 

Sometimes I seal the ####-deal by ordering another of “whatever this is.” It’s all worth it to get noticed by a microbrew-drinkin’ guy who’s wearing a mechanic’s shirt but doesn’t actually work in a garage. Hey sexy, come toss me over your shoulder like a big old sack of malt and drive me wild!

 

If this doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll switch over to Skinnygirl margaritas and get involved in some other hobby that girls only pretend to know something about, like comic books, videogames, or under-the-radar comedy, where the other piles of dick lay waiting for me.flower-small-red.png

Seems less than completely sincere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, facook said:

Trump fantasy football guy is pretty clever.  Made me smile anyway.

I liked that he called Aaron Rodgers a washed up insurance salesman and a fantastic qb. 

His draft recap was pretty great too.  He's putting in some effort.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Some men don’t take female craft beer enthusiasts seriously assuming our beer expertise is limited or that we don’t enjoy drinking it. And they’re right! I’m not into craft beer at all… I’m just here for the ####.

 

When I order craft beer, what I’m really ordering is the experience of having male customers explain what I’m drinking in a condescending tone. Let’s admit it: I’m just here for some cask-conditioned male attention!

 

When I’m at a brewfest or a tasting, a dude will love nothing more than to lean over and say, “That one’s brewed with cocoa nibs, you know,” or “That’s a good beer—try to pick up on the roasty undertones.” Those instincts are fine, but just so you know, I’m not here to participate in a popular hobby that I’m knowledgeable about. I’m here for some dry hopped dick and balls, man!

 

Sometimes I do contribute to the conversation and end up getting congratulated on knowing words like “porter” and “grain.” But then they get suspicious and insert little questions into the conversation to see if I’m legit. But look: I’m not here to prove that I’m some kind of beer expert; I’m just here to reel in the peen by trying to prove to Mike here that I understand the fermentation process behind Belgian lambic. God!

 

 

 

Sometimes I seal the ####-deal by ordering another of “whatever this is.” It’s all worth it to get noticed by a microbrew-drinkin’ guy who’s wearing a mechanic’s shirt but doesn’t actually work in a garage. Hey sexy, come toss me over your shoulder like a big old sack of malt and drive me wild!

 

If this doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll switch over to Skinnygirl margaritas and get involved in some other hobby that girls only pretend to know something about, like comic books, videogames, or under-the-radar comedy, where the other piles of dick lay waiting for me.flower-small-red.png

Isn't that true?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

this Detective Joe Kenda fella is serious

In 1978 he laughed at a joke about a priest, a black guy, and a lawyer who walked into a bar.  Hasn't laughed since. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

Anyone in Rochester MN? Taking the wife to the Mayo Clinic in a couple weeks, sounds like we might be there for a few days...... Any good restaurants?

 

I'm from there. Pescara is a nice seafood place. Chesters has great American fare. Although Rochester has gotten better it's still a relatively boring town. 

Good luck pack. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The new restaurant my wife is running has a "420 Burger".

 It's got bacon, mac and cheese, pepper jack cheese, American cheese, onion ring, two mozzarella sticks,  fries, and BBQ sauce.  

It's their best seller after the house/build your own burger.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sconch said:

The new restaurant my wife is running has a "420 Burger".

 It's got bacon, mac and cheese, pepper jack cheese, American cheese, onion ring, two mozzarella sticks,  fries, and BBQ sauce.  

It's their best seller after the house/build your own burger.  

Does it have weed in it?  Cause otherwise it just sounds likes lot of cheese.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

My workplace has apparently stopped blocking FBGs and some other non-businessy sites.

:pickle: Long, national nightmare and all that.

It appears that many image-hosting sites are still blocked for "bandwidth" reasons :rolleyes:, so apologies in advance if I don't "like" your cat pictures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Ugh, wife unveiled a 2nd day of school photo for FB with the unbelievable news that we have an 8th and 7th grader.  Grounds for divorce?

yes.

also, for some reason I filled in the rest of the post after "unveiled" as more twins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, -fish- said:

####### sometimes it's hard to post from a phone here.

Guy in the one fantasy league I'm still in has decided to go with Trump shtick for the season.  Here's his latest post, previewing his week 1 matchup:

 

This is tremendous

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bentley said:

That Joe Kendra show is dreadfully boring but my wife loves it.

My wife watches that and all those other shows around it.

 

Pretty sure she's studying.

Wants to do a really good job of murdering me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

My wife watches that and all those other shows around it.

 

Pretty sure she's studying.

Wants to do a really good job of murdering me.

Same with my wife.  Snapped, Who the F did I marry, Wives with Knives, Homicide Hunter, the one where all the evidence is from security cameras, Murder Among Friends..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UOFI_316 said:

Same with my wife.  Snapped, Who the F did I marry, Wives with Knives, Homicide Hunter, the one where all the evidence is from security cameras, Murder Among Friends..... 

You just recited my DVR listings.  I keep telling her to quit stalling and get it over with already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2016 at 1:35 PM, General Malaise said:

Good luck, buddy.

You'd think a clinic named after a controversial GMTAN condiment that all of us should be making from scratch, organically, if we want to enjoy its true essence, would be chock-full of delicious delis and sandwich shops.

 

14 hours ago, mr roboto said:

I'm from there. Pescara is a nice seafood place. Chesters has great American fare. Although Rochester has gotten better it's still a relatively boring town. 

Good luck pack. 

Thanks fellas.

We'll have to check out that Pescara place for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

If anybody is interested in a survival football pool shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get you an invite.  $10 entry.  Usually around 40 people.

Yea but if you win it, you might end up in rehab

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

a second person in a week has been let go at my office just now... and he was one of the other architects (there's only 3... now 2.. of us). we're "boutique", so only about a dozen staff... 2 people is a lot. plus, the other architect has been here longer than me... and is cheaper. 

 

####.

 

I just negotiated to work from home 1 afternoon a week so i can pick up my kids from school- since the wife is going back to work (not permanent position- full-time consulting... and not for much money). the office manager didn't say a peep about any of this. but I obviously need to talk to her again.

I'm ####ting bricks right now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

a second person in a week has been let go at my office just now... and he was one of the other architects (there's only 3... now 2.. of us). we're "boutique", so only about a dozen staff... 2 people is a lot. plus, the other architect has been here longer than me... and is cheaper. 

 

####.

 

I just negotiated to work from home 1 afternoon a week so i can pick up my kids from school- since the wife is going back to work (not permanent position- full-time consulting... and not for much money). the office manager didn't say a peep about any of this. but I obviously need to talk to her again.

I'm ####ting bricks right now.

 

 

Damn.  Good luck, man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

a second person in a week has been let go at my office just now... and he was one of the other architects (there's only 3... now 2.. of us). we're "boutique", so only about a dozen staff... 2 people is a lot. plus, the other architect has been here longer than me... and is cheaper. 

 

####.

 

I just negotiated to work from home 1 afternoon a week so i can pick up my kids from school- since the wife is going back to work (not permanent position- full-time consulting... and not for much money). the office manager didn't say a peep about any of this. but I obviously need to talk to her again.

I'm ####ting bricks right now.

 

 

What are you nervous about?  They let go of the other guy, not you.  Would your business survive with 1 architect?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...