What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

In theory every dupe day gets easier because each of us has more heroes able to be duped.

On the other hand over the last two dupe days the maximum prize level jumped from 2500 points to 4000 points. They could mess with the numbers again.

You guys saved your 2* widows and visions right? I did.

We should crush this dupe day imo.
Do we get to 10 minutes before we've maxed the rewards?
This one is always tough, in reality only 3 and 4 star dups make much of a dent and it takes A LOT of 3* dups.
Yeah, we're optimistic right now, but we might be worried by tonight. We've cut it close on this one everytime thus far.
I think we have more people that saved everything this time though. I'm pretty confident we'll make it.

I really hope everyone saved their two star widows and visions. If so, this will be cake. If not...
I did, and everything else since Saturday, but I don't have much to dupe right now, so probably won't pull in the same 4-500 I did in the past 2 events. Should approach at least 200 though hopefully, I've got about half the 2* champs now.

Did they change something with the scoring or did you guys just get that good at this? We're already at goal and I didn't get to open a single crystal.

Did they change something with the scoring or did you guys just get that good at this? We're already at goal and I didn't get to open a single crystal.
Almost every one I opened was a dupe. But they were 95% 2 stars. One 3 star dupe

Dupe day might be the only thing that keeps me in this game long term. It is a lot of fun opening all those crystals, of course I got all 2 and 1 star dups except for my 3* Storm. Unfortunately she is third on the mutant totem pole since I have a 4* colossus and a duped 3* Deadpool. :ptts: I did pick up a 3* Juggernaut so it wasn't a total fail.

Almost every one I opened was a dupe. But they were 95% 2 stars. One 3 star dupe
This. Out of 16 possible 2* dupes I got 15. Plus the Widows and Visions from the other alliance events. Another 5 from daily crystals, etc, etc.

Adds up fast if most of us are hoarding dailies/premiums. Then throw in what we may luck in to with the Arena/Alliance stuff or the 3* crystals...

I didn't do any math, but we may pretty much have the dupe event on lock even if we don't hoard much more than the 3* and premiums(if as many of us that are hoarding those continue to do so).

I hit four 3* star dups which was big. I got three from my 3*, and then got a 3* Hawkeye and his dup from my 12 premium crystals.

I'm with Foos, I live for dup day, it's so sad. I literally spin every crystal and have visceral reactions as it slows down and just misses the 4 star (and I know it is pre-determined).

And yes, no need to hoard anything but 3* and premium crystals. As long as everyone sits on those, no need to wait on opening your daily,arena and alliance crystals.

I ended up duping my 3 star Star Lord for a second time and must have had 13 other 2 star dupes along with the Vision/Widows. Could have been better, but awoken Star Lord is really nice in Arena as his damage amps as you block more.

I also pulled a 3 star Collossus so now I have one of all realms which is nice.

As a new account Ten, I would think you'd be best served to open whatever you need and not worry about keeping your stash til next week. I assume you plan to grind for a 4 star starting soon.

I am not sure we can count on the 3 Black Widows and 2 Visions that everyone was able to dup as a weekly thing. That was 1/2 a 3* dup for everyone. I think the big difference is that it seemed like last week we were all getting 2* that we did not already have (at least I was). Now that more of us have an almost full stable of 2* all those crystals count for at least 10 points. I did get a 2* Wolverine who was new for me, but then I dupped him.

As a new account Ten, I would think you'd be best served to open whatever you need and not worry about keeping your stash til next week. I assume you plan to grind for a 4 star starting soon.
Yea.. especially after seeing how we as a whole seem to have figured this one out.

I'm at 7 champs without the dupe day crystals, once I get to 4-5 full teams I'll start throwing ISO there instead of the 2* army and go for the 4*. Until then just looking to win as many 3* dupes as I can to get all that bonus ISO. Didn't get anything from the last Vision and won't from this one (didn't touch the arena yesterday). Bummer, he would have been an arena MVP like Iron Fist was last time around.

Bummer, he would have been an arena MVP like Iron Fist was last time around.
Why so? I've been underwhelmed with the Awakened 2* version so far.
Is he not a copy of the previous Vision we've already had? With that devastating orange special?
Signature abilities are different. Specials read the same in the UI, but this one doesn't seem to be doing the massive damage with that orange special that the other Vision does for me.

Perhaps its because he hasn't been leveled enough yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything more frustrating than doing a chain of the mutant catalyst thing 5 times and getting no yellow catalyst

That happened to me yesterday.

Is he not a copy of the previous Vision we've already had? With that devastating orange special?
Signature abilities are different. Specials read the same in the UI, but this one doesn't seem to be doing the massive damage with that orange special that the other Vision does for me.

That is likely it. When you have him leveled up that yellow special is devastating in both damage and power drain.

So, there's what...6 different rotating alliance events(not counting Ultron/non-rotating stuff)? Am I counting wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who didn't get your Black Widows or The Visions claimed from your overflow yet... they won't last until next dupe day. Note they have a timer on them, the Widows will disappear in another day or so, the Visions in about 4 days.

So go ahead and claim them now so you don't lose them.

Schedule appears to be:

Sunday - rank up - collect your catalysts and plan ahead

Monday - Questing - easy to finish

Tues - Dupe. Save Sunday crystals. Top prize is a 3 star.

Wed - Items - punt

Thurs - Duels - easy to finish

Fri - Arena - easy to finish

Sat - Crystals - we should punt this too, prizes are crap.
So, there's what...6 different rotating alliance events(not counting Ultron/non-rotating stuff)? Am I counting wrong?

Thanks.

I know they adjusted the "Items" event last week. We hit that one pretty easily, IIRC. The first week it was hot garbage because the totals required were so out of whack.

5-ish Finkle said:
TenTimes said:
5-ish Finkle said:

I got a 3* The Vision from a spiderbite and got to use him a lot during my 3v3 tourney run last week.

Prior to getting him my top team was 4* Jugg, a high lvl 3* Black Panther, and then whatever other 3* scrub I felt like playing with. My goal was to win with Jugg and BP and let the other guy take the opponent's top guy and lose.

But when I got The Vision and started using him I also suddenly started winning all three matches. He had a PI of maybe 414 or so and was taking down opponents 900+. His both his 1st and 2nd specials are so useful. Instead of having to bob and weave for long periods of time hoping to goad the enemy into using his power before he reached his red, I now just went full attack and let my special take away his red whenever he made it that high. It made versus fighting so much easier.

He is easily in the top 3 if I were to rank all the champions.

Went in with 12 Premium, 2 three star and enough battle credits for 40 crystals.

Pulled a 3 star Punisher dupe from those, three stars were dupe Iron Man and new Storm, then opened 10 premiums and pulled dupe Drax and duped up the Storm I just got.

Holding until next week, looking forward to arenas this week with massive upgrade ISO from all the dupes.

AcerFC said:
Is there anything more frustrating than doing a chain of the mutant catalyst thing 5 times and getting no yellow catalyst

That happened to me yesterday.
No. I can stand everything else (dupes and grinding and milestones at 5 billion points) but this one thing is just pointlessly annoying imo. Should change it to 1 cat every 3 runs or whatever they are trying to do. More often than not I'll go 0 for 5 then win like 4 in a row. Make it consistent or give us more than a 24 hour window each week, or have catalyst energy be seperate from quest energy.. and reward more ISO.

Already pulled 3* Black Panther, Iron Fist, & Iron Man, my top 3 from before. The band is getting back together :clap: just need to dupe them.

4 out of 10 3*s are science, assures us that Hulk is the next arena :thumbup:

Already pulled 3* Black Panther, Iron Fist, & Iron Man, my top 3 from before. The band is getting back together :clap: just need to dupe them.

That one might suck me in. I am horribly deficient in Science champions. I really would like an Electro and Hulk.

The new Ultron quest is going to take forever. I have 62 energy at full and I can only make it 3/4 through a path before I run out of juice.

One of things I'm happiest with about my new account is the balance I have. Out of my 15 3*s, I have 3 science, mystic, and skill classes, and 2 tech, mutant, and cosmic. Can't ask for more than that.

Ugh. Can't even hardly count how many different paths through there are.

This is the kind of stuff that will stop me from starting play on any Kabam game after this one. They don't even care how transparent they are with attempts to make the game painful enough you'll spend money to make the pain go away.

Clash of Clans was so much better about this. Yes you could spend money for shortcuts, but you never felt like it was the only reasonable way to progress in the game.

FYI, I'm on vacation at the beach Saturday to Saturday, so I'll barely be playing during that time. Maybe some at night, but I won't be pulling my weight in the events per usual. You guys can boot me Friday if you really want to. Or let me coast for a week.

FYI, I'm on vacation at the beach Saturday to Saturday, so I'll barely be playing during that time. Maybe some at night, but I won't be pulling my weight in the events per usual. You guys can boot me Friday if you really want to. Or let me coast for a week.
We are definitely not booting Hulk.

He might get angry. And we wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Its not like Hulk has a Hulk who can beat us up. Odds that Hulk is the Arena this week?

He might get angry. And we wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Its not like Hulk has a Hulk who can beat us up. Odds that Hulk is the Arena this week?
I really hope not as I won't have the time for it. Probably Hulkbuster next imo.

Users who are viewing this thread