What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

Liking Capt. Marvel more than expected. She eventually hits pretty hard when duped, her signature raises her attack as power goes up.

Liking Capt. Marvel more than expected. She eventually hits pretty hard when duped, her signature raises her attack as power goes up.
She is my most powerful hero once you take into account duplicated ability. As her power meter increases, her normal attack gets progressively more powerful, to the point you never bother to use her special until it's for a kill shot. Also her power absorption gets her meter up quickly if you block a special.

Are we ranking up or holding for Sunday
If ranking up will help you out immediately in completing quests or doing better in arenas, then rank up.

If it isn't your top team and won't matter in arenas either, might as well wait if you can.

Another consideration may be overflow space. I have like 60+ catalysts in my overflow, and most of my regular inventory are catalysts as well. I've got about 2-3 weeks left on most of them before I'll have to make room to get them out of overflow or else lose them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another consideration may be overflow space. I have like 60+ catalysts in my overflow, and most of my regular inventory are catalysts as well. I've got about 2-3 weeks left on most of them before I'll have to make room to get them out of overflow or else lose them.
What is the point of this overflow system, anyway? Does it improve performance of the app somehow? As far as I can tell it adds no challenge and has only annoyed me.

She is my most powerful hero once you take into account duplicated ability. As her power meter increases, her normal attack gets progressively more powerful, to the point you never bother to use her special until it's for a kill shot. Also her power absorption gets her meter up quickly if you block a special.
Star Lord does something similar. All damage once you get the counter above 10 goes up 100% (it'll go up another 100% at 20, but I never get there). His blocking gets better as well, though I don't notice it as much. Really powerful against stronger foes when you can block.

What is the point of this overflow system, anyway? Does it improve performance of the app somehow? As far as I can tell it adds no challenge and has only annoyed me.
Can only speculate of course, but I can see two benefits.

One is that you never want an arena award to be lost because the inventory was full. People would object if they just delete some item to make room. So the overflow with a reasonable timer to collect it lets the player decide how he's going to make room. A good way of handling it, IMHO.

A lesser benefit is you make people use within a month upgrade items in excess of normal inventory size. It would reduce some database size on the server, and give a (probably tiny) reduction in I/O transferring the list of items between the app and the server. But as a database programmer, keeping table size down is never a bad thing.

Can only speculate of course, but I can see two benefits.
One is that you never want an arena award to be lost because the inventory was full. People would object if they just delete some item to make room. So the overflow with a reasonable timer to collect it lets the player decide how he's going to make room. A good way of handling it, IMHO.

A lesser benefit is you make people use within a month upgrade items in excess of normal inventory size. It would reduce some database size on the server, and give a (probably tiny) reduction in I/O transferring the list of items between the app and the server. But as a database programmer, keeping table size down is never a bad thing.
I guess what I'm wondering is why our active inventory can't just be limitless. Keep the 30 day timer somehow, but don't put the items in another overflow location.

So that I don't have to upgrade champ, back out and go to overflow to claim ISO, go back to champ to upgrade, go back to overflow to claim ISO, go back to champ to upgrade, go back to overflow to claim ISO, etc.

But if it increases performance somehow then I have no problem with it, I'm all for anything that could shorten load screen times.

Sounds awesome. Need to find a 4-star dupe. I would probably spend all my units in the 4-star tourney if she was ever the prize

Sounds awesome. Need to find a 4-star dupe. I would probably spend all my units in the 4-star tourney if she was ever the prize
I'm in the same boat. I have her double-duped as a 3*, and she is my only 4* hero. I would love to get her duped as a 4*.

I'd love to just get another 4* :kicksrock:
I think I'd rather dup my 4* then get a 2nd one.
For questing this will be good, for arenas not so much. If you have one champ who is head and shoulders above the rest it's going to be rough on matchmaking. Don't let your #1 get too far ahead of your #2 and 3.

In my experience in the 4* arena, a 30% spread should be about the max. 20% is great, but 40+% and I'm not able to manipulate the matchmaking as well. Try not to let any arena team's #1 and #3 differ by much more than 30%.

I'd love to just get another 4* :kicksrock:
I think I'd rather dup my 4* then get a 2nd one.
For questing this will be good, for arenas not so much. If you have one champ who is head and shoulders above the rest it's going to be rough on matchmaking. Don't let your #1 get too far ahead of your #2 and 3.

In my experience in the 4* arena, a 30% spread should be about the max. 20% is great, but 40+% and I'm not able to manipulate the matchmaking as well. Try not to let any arena team's #1 and #3 differ by much more than 30%.
I have twenty one 3*, 5 are maxed and duped, and 7 or 8 are duped. I have a great spread, I want a drop dead killer.

My duped 3* heroes max out around 1600 to 1700.

My unduped 4* who are stuck waiting for an alpha to upgrade only make it into the 1500s.

The 4* that got 1 upgrade using an alpha are over 2000.

So duped 3* are better than unduped 4* in rating unless you use alphas. Though 4* are superior in tourney because they get more points than a 3* would for the same rating difference.

My unduped 4* who are stuck waiting for an alpha to upgrade only make it into the 1500s.

So duped 3* are better than unduped 4* in rating unless you use alphas. Though 4* are superior in tourney because they get more points than a 3* would for the same rating difference.
Duped 4* are probably amazing

Does the alliance chat suck for everyone else? It will show up a message from 12 hours ago as the last message, and then when I try to post it does nothing. Happened a few times over the weekend also.

Should we all save the three "The Visions" we will get from this event for Dup day? That would be an easy 700-800 points depending on how many people are active and save them.

Duped 4* are probably amazing
Depends on the character. I have DD and Hawkeye duped. DD not that great. Hawkeye is great but not because of the dupe. My 3* duped Ironfist is probably still my best though 3-400 points behind.

Does the alliance chat suck for everyone else? It will show up a message from 12 hours ago as the last message, and then when I try to post it does nothing. Happened a few times over the weekend also.
This happened to me once about a week ago, lasted a night. My messages wouldn't show up in chat and restarting didn't fix it.

Hey guys, this has been a great thread to follow while I've been playing. My alliance has become a bit inactive, do you have room for 1 more? Name Blainethepain, 20k rating.

Since I'm out of pocket next dupe day, I'm not saving stuff as it comes in right now. Also full court pressing for duping my Vision. Anyways, a premium crystal I got for crossing 600K gave me a dupe 4 star Captain America. I'm in shock over the amount of iso8 you get for that. I'm literally filled to the brim with 5K science iso.

Another note, has anyone ever noticed a 3 bar special that has a different animation? I found one last night doing the 3 v 3. I was Rocket and going against Colossus. I did my 3 bar and it was the normal gun routine and unfortunately, he didn't die. He immediately did his as a response. But instead of my guy jumping up to throw an ineffective punch at him, instead Rocket pulled out his big gun, Colossus smacked it out of his hands and then kicked Rocket like a damn soccer ball. I had no idea what was happening, but it was pretty funny. Anyone else run across anything like that? I guess it makes some sense, because Colossus shrugging off a jumping punch from a tiny raccoon would be pretty underwhelming.

Since I'm out of pocket next dupe day, I'm not saving stuff as it comes in right now. Also full court pressing for duping my Vision. Anyways, a premium crystal I got for crossing 600K gave me a dupe 4 star Captain America. I'm in shock over the amount of iso8 you get for that. I'm literally filled to the brim with 5K science iso.

Another note, has anyone ever noticed a 3 bar special that has a different animation? I found one last night doing the 3 v 3. I was Rocket and going against Colossus. I did my 3 bar and it was the normal gun routine and unfortunately, he didn't die. He immediately did his as a response. But instead of my guy jumping up to throw an ineffective punch at him, instead Rocket pulled out his big gun, Colossus smacked it out of his hands and then kicked Rocket like a damn soccer ball. I had no idea what was happening, but it was pretty funny. Anyone else run across anything like that? I guess it makes some sense, because Colossus shrugging off a jumping punch from a tiny raccoon would be pretty underwhelming.
I had to go search for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwBdFYuVyYI

Changes to the same thing for Rhino's red. For a second I thought Racoon got off his red first.

Yeah, every champ has the same special for Rocket. Likely because of the model size. They can't just rehash the standard animations onto the Rocket rig since he's about a quarter of the size of the biggest guys/he has different proportions to boot.

Yeah, every champ has the same special for Rocket. Likely because of the model size. They can't just rehash the standard animations onto the Rocket rig since he's about a quarter of the size of the biggest guys/he has different proportions to boot.
Good point, never even thought of that.

HULKBUSTER

Abilities are Armor V, Armor V (again), and Armor Break V. Signature is "Iron Rage", not sure what it does yet but I bet it's awesome.

Tech champ, go get him!

Was there someone else besides Sanitarian who said they stopped playing? Spin maybe? Or am I getting things confuzzled?

Sonova....

Couldn't sleep last night, got up and saw Duel had reset so I went ahead and dueled even though the next reward was out of reach. Then they start a new duel event but don't refresh the duels. Won't be able to do any until tomorrow. :(

So the crystal event is 7 days long this time.

While it should be fine to open any crystals without heroes like dailies and quest crystals... since this event spans dupe day we should hold off on opening crystals that can generate a dupe until dupe day so those crystals count towards both events.

Sammy3469 said:
I can take all my 2 stars up to level 1 rank 10 and still not pull the level 3 2 stars in the Arena, correct?
Eventually, far enough in to the streak, you will fight only maxed awakened 2* opponents, no matter who you use. Opponents keep getting relatively stronger than your champs until they can't anymore.

While it should be fine to open any crystals without heroes like dailies and quest crystals... since this event spans dupe day we should hold off on opening crystals that can generate a dupe until dupe day so those crystals count towards both events.
HOld he non people crystals for Saturday since that is the regular crystal opening day. They will count for both events. Save the people crystals for Dupe day per usual.

HOld he non people crystals for Saturday since that is the regular crystal opening day. They will count for both events. Save the people crystals for Dupe day per usual.
Ah, crap, I thought this was normal crystal opening day and they just made it a 7 day one. I wonder if they'll have two crystal opening events running concurrently then. Would seem kind of eh to do so. So wouldn't surprise me if they do something else, like have another duel day or whatever.

Guys don't stress about this week long crystal opening event. It's another throw away event where the best we could possibly achieve is the 4th reward level and even that is a long shot.

The duel event is the highest priority as we don't beat that one by much each week. And if we have more people like Greg who used their duels earlier today we have the potential to be running up against the clock on this one by tomorrow.

Kabam changed the duel timer from 12 to 24 hours at the same time as increasing points needed for rewards. Rewards unattainable without spending credits.

These are the kind of moves that will eventually have me deleting the game and never trying another Kabam game.

Yup, I've wasted two months and countless hours, and I'm officially burnt out. I can't even muster the energy right now for my 2nd round of arena battles to get the Hulkbuster I want. Goodnight and good luck.

Kabam changed the duel timer from 12 to 24 hours at the same time as increasing points needed for rewards. Rewards unattainable without spending credits.

These are the kind of moves that will eventually have me deleting the game and never trying another Kabam game.
Explain? Nothing looks different to me

Explain? Nothing looks different to me
Yeah my Duel timer still had 12 hours on it when I beat your Apoc 5 times.

Users who are viewing this thread