What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

Yup, I've wasted two months and countless hours, and I'm officially burnt out. I can't even muster the energy right now for my 2nd round of arena battles to get the Hulkbuster I want. Goodnight and good luck.
If I remember to I'll PM you if/when this alliance base thing finally opens up.

Losing faith though that it will add value to the game.

Am I wrong that when it started, duels refreshed every 12 hours? I seem to recall doing them twice a day.

Hrm, or maybe it was just that they were 1 day events and so we got a window before or after the reset.

Well, either way, they have rewards that cannot be obtained without spending so many credits it requires cash, which is the heart of what bugs me about them.

Am I wrong that when it started, duels refreshed every 12 hours? I seem to recall doing them twice a day.

Hrm, or maybe it was just that they were 1 day events and so we got a window before or after the reset.

Well, either way, they have rewards that cannot be obtained without spending so many credits it requires cash, which is the heart of what bugs me about them.
I think you are correct. For the first duel day it was a 12 hour cycle. Then they changed it to where everyday at 2am (or whatever time it is) central your duel credits reset regardless of when you actually did the duels.

Yup, I've wasted two months and countless hours, and I'm officially burnt out. I can't even muster the energy right now for my 2nd round of arena battles to get the Hulkbuster I want. Goodnight and good luck.
If I remember to I'll PM you if/when this alliance base thing finally opens up.

Losing faith though that it will add value to the game.
By that point, each day we will have to do all of our arena battles, try and defeat Ultron 100 times a day for an alliance event, try to run the newest chapter in the Quest, and have to perform 10 "alliance base battles" or however it is going to work.

It is this.

And yes, this game has basically become more and more "pay to win" with each update/roll out of new content. I do not begrudge them that....but I will not give in and spend money. :)

I'll probably go ahead and work through the quests to take out Kang and that will be that. The amount of effort I had to put in to place top 1,000 in just the middle bracket was getting to the point of feeling like this is a second job. Do not even want to think how much effort the 4* tourney or the vet bracket would require.

Last edited by a moderator:

The current duel event is the normal one where we get all rewards. As long as everyone does their 5 duels today and 5 more tomorrow we should achieve max without issue.

I think you are wrong. I have always seen them refresh around 12 or 1:00AM PST. On the one-day duel event, you could get your first day in, then they refresh in the middle of the night allowing a second set of duels

After deciding to quit, I opened my last couple crystals before deleting the app. And of course, I got a 4* Captain America from a Premium Crystal. You can't make this stuff up.

After deciding to quit, I opened my last couple crystals before deleting the app. And of course, I got a 4* Captain America from a Premium Crystal. You can't make this stuff up.
I had one alliance crystal and I told myself if I didn't get a 3* unstoppable colossus I was going to start over. I've opened a billion so far and 2* or other bs was all I got.

I pulled the 3* UC.

I think the app is reading our minds. :scared:

How about we just rally up and go find a newer superior time waster (not named Clash of Clans). Gotta be one out there, right?

It's that or start recruiting randoms to keep us at 30 members.

I'm going with what the group decides. I admit I actually kinda like the grind aspect of this game (on the arena side) and don't mind putting cash into a game I'm enjoying, but it's just getting to be too much. I originally figured the insane milestones were mistakes, misjudgements.. doesn't look like that's the case anymore. Wish I could leave questing behind and just compete in arenas.

At this point I'd almost be more surprised if Kabam wasn't following this thread. Random coincidences like this, and me calling my shot on two 3* dupes, keep happening.

The 4* Cap has made me come back with my tail between my legs....I'll be requesting to be added back to the alliance, but no longer going to grind the arenas, just get milestones like others have stated.

Has anyone had any issues just starting last night where the game shuts down and punts you out? It'll start to work and as I'm navigating through the game to alliance, etc, it'll just shut down.

May need to just delete and reinstall - if I'm linked to the game center, it'll still retain my info, right?

Has anyone had any issues just starting last night where the game shuts down and punts you out? It'll start to work and as I'm navigating through the game to alliance, etc, it'll just shut down.
Had that happen once yesterday.

Hasn't happened before or since.

Sammy3469 said:
I can take all my 2 stars up to level 1 rank 10 and still not pull the level 3 2 stars in the Arena, correct?
Eventually, far enough in to the streak, you will fight only maxed awakened 2* opponents, no matter who you use. Opponents keep getting relatively stronger than your champs until they can't anymore.
which becomes exploitable... eventually the only maxed 2* opponents are system generated, and do not contain masteries. I recently ran off a 44 win streak by only using 2 teams, rank 3 level 20ish and rank 3 level 15ish. After about win 14 or 15, I faced effectively easy matchups, due to my masteries vs. the maxed 2* with no masteries.

I think I'm done grinding arenas too. Its painful. I got just a hair over 1 mil (finished 40th) to make sure I duped Vision and I'm probably days away from leaving the noob bracket. 600K and quit seems like the new plan.

I think I'm done grinding arenas too. Its painful. I got just a hair over 1 mil (finished 40th) to make sure I duped Vision and I'm probably days away from leaving the noob bracket. 600K and quit seems like the new plan.
Add roster to your sig, imo.

Happens to me frequently on my iDevice. Usually costing me a win in the arena, when it crashes at the loading screen. Cost me a 25 win streak last night.

Happens to me frequently on my iDevice. Usually costing me a win in the arena, when it crashes at the loading screen. Cost me a 25 win streak last night.
I had so many crashes that I generally kill the game and relaunch it after every quest, or when I was doing arenas after every 3 or 4 trios of fights. Or as soon as I see anything get laggy in the game I kill it and relaunch.

Hulkbuster has Armor V, Armor V (in response to fury), and Armor Break V. His signature raises his armor as he takes damage, to counter Hulks rage.

It's cool that they made him an anti-Hulk skill wise, but not my kind of champ, and going to be a pain to fight in the arena. Go for the 3* crystal prize instead or just milestones.

FYI I am opening everything as I get it right now. No idea if I'll be on at all next week. Hopefully, but no idea.

Anyone still active make sure to get your duels in!
Done
How come you did so many extras Foos? We had more people available this morning to get some in. Could have saved your units.
Time was running down, and I wasn't sure who had spent their duel credits on the earlier alliance event. I figured I could spend my credits and make sure everyone got the crystal. Not a big deal.
Thanks.

Anyone still active make sure to get your duels in!
Done
How come you did so many extras Foos? We had more people available this morning to get some in. Could have saved your units.
Time was running down, and I wasn't sure who had spent their duel credits on the earlier alliance event. I figured I could spend my credits and make sure everyone got the crystal. Not a big deal.
Appreciate it, Foos.

Sammy3469 said:
I can take all my 2 stars up to level 1 rank 10 and still not pull the level 3 2 stars in the Arena, correct?
Eventually, far enough in to the streak, you will fight only maxed awakened 2* opponents, no matter who you use. Opponents keep getting relatively stronger than your champs until they can't anymore.
I'm trying to find a different post that I think SkyRat made about this but can't..Yesterday I got my 2* streak up to 25 wins and am at the point that I'm fighting all 3/30s from Kabam generated accounts. First time I've gotten it that high, feel like I can extend it forever now, and I don't have a single 2* champ past rank 2.

Build 2* champs to at most 2/20. If you can block the heavies and specials you should be fine. I only actually have 3 champs at 2/20, some are still rank 2 level 1 and winning versus the 3/30s.

Could SkyRat or someone let me know how many points you're earning for fighting maxed 2* champs in arena with your own rank 3 champs?

I'm consistently getting about 5-600 per battle before the 3X with my rank 2 champs.

Sammy3469 said:
I'm trying to find a different post that I think SkyRat made about this but can't..Yesterday I got my 2* streak up to 25 wins and am at the point that I'm fighting all 3/30s from Kabam generated accounts. First time I've gotten it that high, feel like I can extend it forever now, and I don't have a single 2* champ past rank 2.

Build 2* champs to at most 2/20. If you can block the heavies and specials you should be fine. I only actually have 3 champs at 2/20, some are still rank 2 level 1 and winning versus the 3/30s.
Clearly you are better at this game than I am :bag:

Sammy3469 said:

This will work....but you CANNOT miss the blocks. You miss one or two(many times just one) key block and you're toast.

My 2* are all ranked fairly high, mostly 3/15 ish. I never lose my streak, it goes as long as I put the effort into the arena. I think it was at 96 or something at one point for The Vision. I generally get anywhere from 950 - 1200 depending on the match-up.

High risk/high reward. Easy to lose a match or streak. But it's that or go and get 4 more catalysts (plus ISO to rank) for each champ.

Even if I do lose the streak.. I'm earning roughly the same points per battle when under the 3X multiplier, so it's not a knockout.

Was just trying to confirm that winning with 2/20 is possible, since I assumed it last week but only just tried it yesterday.

Dickies said:
TenTimes said:
TenTimes said:
Sammy3469 said:

Clearly you are better at this game than I am :bag:
Maybe.. don't really think it's that.. I'd consider myself an average "gamer", I've just played this game so much by now that it's easy to predict what the opponent is going to do. And having your team's ratings as close as possible helps a lot, you almost garuntee yourself at least one class bonus and rarely get a class disadvantage (never happens to me, ever).

TenTimes said:
Could SkyRat or someone let me know how many points you're earning for fighting maxed 2* champs in arena with your own rank 3 champs?

I'm consistently getting about 5-600 per battle before the 3X with my rank 2 champs.
I don't have any maxed 2* guys yet. I've got like 13 in the rank 2 level 14 range. Working to get them up to 2.20

But your numbers sound right. Watched a video today of a guy on a 47 streak and that was what he was getting fighting against 3.30 guys.

Foosball God said:
My 2* are all ranked fairly high, mostly 3/15 ish. I never lose my streak, it goes as long as I put the effort into the arena. I think it was at 96 or something at one point for The Vision. I generally get anywhere from 950 - 1200 depending on the match-up.
Going to 3.15 is a mistake as far as I understand things. It doesn't really help you win more fights or keep streaks alive anymore than 3.1 or 2.20 does but it does have a negative effect on the points you score. You should be earning between 1500-1800 for each fight. (500-600 x 3)

Sorry I was no use today. Total crap day. Had to make a morning run to the vet and that pretty much set the tone for how the rest of the day went.

On the 2* stuff, masteries changed things a huge amount. My ratings shot up like 70 points or more because of them. A 2/20 with a decent number of masteries today is probably about the same rating as a 3/15 was before masteries. Just without a red special.

Dumb oops move by me that I will share.

Starting arena fight, I clicked accept just as I saw a better way to arrange my three fights. I quickly tried to switch them. Too late.

My game and server were out of sync as the fights started, it booted me counting all three fights as losses, using up my hero energy and killing my win streak.

So yeah....dont do that...

Sorry I was no use today. Total crap day. Had to make a morning run to the vet and that pretty much set the tone for how the rest of the day went.

On the 2* stuff, masteries changed things a huge amount. My ratings shot up like 70 points or more because of them. A 2/20 with a decent number of masteries today is probably about the same rating as a 3/15 was before masteries. Just without a red special.
That's a good point. It's a little odd that eventually you only fight unawakened 3/30s with no masteries. There's this hump right around 20 wins where I am fighting "hard" matches against real accounts, awakened 3/30s with masteries, then drop to "medium" matches the rest of the way when my masteries become a big advantage against the Kabam accounts.I think it's unintentional and hope they don't fix it.

That's a good point. It's a little odd that eventually you only fight unawakened 3/30s with no masteries. There's this hump right around 20 wins where I am fighting "hard" matches against real accounts, awakened 3/30s with masteries, then drop to "medium" matches the rest of the way when my masteries become a big advantage against the Kabam accounts.I think it's unintentional and hope they don't fix it.
With my 2/20's, I'm seeing this drop in difficulty as early as streaks around 12-14.

Foosball God said:
Going to 3.15 is a mistake as far as I understand things. It doesn't really help you win more fights or keep streaks alive anymore than 3.1 or 2.20 does but it does have a negative effect on the points you score. You should be earning between 1500-1800 for each fight. (500-600 x 3)
I was working them up long before I ever got any 3*. There was a long time where I didn't have much of a stable at all. Now it is much easier to get 3* heroes, especially with alliances.

Users who are viewing this thread