What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

Yes I am in the process of kicking the people who are scoring zero on multiple alliance events in the last week.

The 3+ events are killer with zeros at the bottom. No problem coming back in if you have the time to add to those events.

Get over yourself. If I ever decide that I have to play this game more:

1. I need to find more productive use of my time.

2. I sure as hell wouldn't ask to get back in to an alliance as strict as this.

2/5 seems to be enough to win with 2*'s to be honest. All about the crit/crit damage masteries. I have 4 teams around this mark and they make about 5k points a match. Haven't touched my two's in forever though dumping all ISO into my 3's and 4's.

You should have waited until tomorrow to boot me. I have two guys waiting to be upgraded. Oh well, at least I don't have to wait anymore

Looks like all of a sudden the alliance got too serious. Several guys getting booted, and although I was scoring low I hadn't scored 0 the past several events. I had been participating, just not as much as some of you guys that seem to play all day long.

Oh well.

I think I had bad participation the last day or two, sorry about that. Should be turning it around shortly with my schedule freeing up a bit.

Played my A off in the 2* noob bracket for 250k points and hardly came close to winning the 3* champ. Can't put much more time in to an event than I did this time either.

I'm just going to revert back to my previous account so I can help with the alliance stuff. The arena has gotten overcrowded and incredibly hard to win, even the noob bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
The arena has gotten overcrowded and incredibly hard to win, even the noob bracket.
Agree. I put in waaaaay more time than I intended in the 3* tourney(middle bracket). Got a high enough finish to pull the 3*/1 PHC, due to burning credits to make sure of it, but it was with a total that a week ago it would have had me in the top 100 easily. I assume some of it was probably due to it being a new champ, but I don't think I have it in me to play this much in another one to see if it tails back off. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm never playing enough/paying any real money to pull a 4* from a tourney, so I'm not even going to try.

Probably going to be shifting to a much more casual play schedule, likely focusing mostly on the quests, and just hit the alliance stuff when possible.

Crystal crash, 3 days

Arena wins, 3 days

Quest completion, 1 day (today)

Dupe day was tuesday last week, so should be tomorrow. Quests should be easy, gives decent base cat rewards.

Hey guys - thanks so much for letting me spend time in your alliance - it was everything a new player could hope for (although maybe not)

Just some advice for you going forward -

- Set a minimum level for players to join. Starting the game from the start while many others have played for months gives puts the new players at a disadvantage

- Make sure everyone is on the same page as it pertains to which events the group is going to tackle. I've seen notes previously on which ones the alliance should focus on vs the ones that they should punt. Maybe everyone isn't on the same page with that. Dups were supposed to be the big one and one which a new player (such as myself) had been holding all of their crystals and duped players in the hope that they could actually really help out in that particular challenge (last week alone I definitely contributed a number of points to that one - and oh yeah - I've been holding all my crystals for the dup event which happens in 12 hours - oops!)

Before you jump in with the - 'well you could have contributed you more' speech - yeah not really - based on the handicaps in being behind all others in the alliance (aside from spending a crazy amount of time on this game which even folks over these past few pages have said at this point they aren't going to do and honestly I wasn't/isn't going to do).

- As a new player will limited number of characters, aside from helping max out the assistance each day, a number of the events rely on having a larger stable of characters. I had only been able to acquire 5 3 star characters to this point so when performing an arena event - I could do my fight but have to wait 2 hours to try again - its not like I could do it 3-4 times an hour with my 9-12 characters.

- Additionally - being so far behind all the others in the alliance, when it came to the duel challenges, having your max character be so far behind even the lowest ranked character you could possibly hope to duel only allowed one to get 5 points per duel attempt for a total of 25 points a day - compared to the hundreds that folks were pulling in on a daily basis, a newer player isn't going to add much there.

- When it came to the quest events - this ties back to not having many characters and not having many high level characters - one can only go so far in the questing events till it's not possible to go further based on your character levels - unless the expectation is for folks to continue to go back and run the same quests over and over again with their characters, once again - not able to offer much.

Again - no hard feelings - don't blame you guys at all - the game isn't set up to handle a disproportionate leveling of folks in an alliance; definitely a flaw in the game set up. All I can say is just don't open this up to those on FBGs when you really haven't defined the requirements of what you're looking for. Maybe I'm wrong with my some/all of my comments above - haven't played the game as long as a number of you so who knows.

Enjoy the game!

I'm actually surprised this game has this much staying power. You do the same thing over and over to get better characters so that you can do the same thing over and over. I didn't think it had the complexity to hold peoples' interest this long.

I'm still on vacation but I thought I'd drop in to say that the alliance is, in my opinion, being a bit too stringent. A guy like Witz shouldn't have been booted. Someone playing like one a week, yeah, sure. But someone playing everyday, no way. I realize other non fbgs with older accounts could contribute more, but I joined the alliance to work with my fellow fbgs, not complete strangers. Just my opinion.

I may be an ##### but I'm not, and I quote, "100% a donk"

No one wants to name names....it is not a fun topic to discuss. If people are open to discussing it, lets do it, I would rather that than make the call myself.

I only considered the event scores, not other factors that Witz mentioned. I will invite him back in.

I'm with Hulk on this. On the large events we've been doing fine, not sure we should just start booting people.
On the latest Attack Ultron, we finished 247,780

We missed 2 Premium Crystals at 300,000 and Alpha at 500,000

At a quick glance 136,000 came from our top 7 players, one of whom quit (KAC). He was out top scorer who accounted for 33k. One third of our points came from three people and two of the top 7 were replacements brought in for people scoring 0.

Without KAC and the replacements, we will fail to hit milestone four in events like this (6 catalyst reward).

Some of the more competitive people in the alliance are not OK with that while people at the bottom score less than a couple thousand points. If I stand alone on this I apologize and will move along, but I saw at least two of other top point earners complaining about this prior to the reigns being handed to me.

As long as we get participation on the events/prizes that the alliance leaders decide we should shot for, I'm fine with whatever (or notification people will be gone).

I'm still in the noob bracket, so I'm sure those in the vet bracket have different needs/goals. Sitting in the Arena 24/7 to score 440K for a Hulkbuster doesn't exactly scream fun to me.

I'm with Hulk on this. On the large events we've been doing fine, not sure we should just start booting people.

At a quick glance 136,000 came from our top 7 players, one of whom quit (KAC). He was out top scorer who accounted for 33k. One third of our points came from three people and two of the top 7 were replacements brought in for people scoring 0.

Without KAC and the replacements, we will fail to hit milestone four in events like this (6 catalyst reward).

Some of the more competitive people in the alliance are not OK with that while people at the bottom score less than a couple thousand points. If I stand alone on this I apologize and will move along, but I saw at least two of other top point earners complaining about this prior to the reigns being handed to me.
You're not alone here Duff. Sorry if it offends people, but the game and the alliance have evolved. Some people are more casual and/or have dropped off, and that sucks for those of us that put a lot into reaching milestones. Maybe you guys should just do like you've said and start a casual FBG alliance. Again, not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot.

I'm mjolnir btw

I'm KAC49. Sorry about quitting on you guys, had nothing to do with this "booting" controversy. It was my last event in the medium bracket, and I absolutely killed myself to get a 4 star, as it would be my last change. Played like crazy, I have 22 3 star guys so lots of teams, and burned hundreds of units. Got to 1.2 million, and still just barely won a 3 star hulkbuster. Just so discouraging, and now really no point to play arenas for me now.

I still play a little, but just some quests, and would be adding very little to the alliance and don't even play every day now. So me quitting was just a rage quit, and because I wouldn't be adding much. Sorry to the Alliance, as losing my score with how much I was playing before is going to hurt you guys.

Here's where I'm living: If the vocal minority want 80%+ participation in every, single, event then you can prolly go ahead and boot me now(or you may want to wait until I cash in the metric ton of crystals I'm hauling around for later today). I get that some of you want to try and push for every milestone award. I'm not going to be able to remotely get behind that at this point. Too much of a time sink and too repetitive for the payoff. I'm going to play more casually because I'd like to finish the story quests and I'd like to see what they do with the "base" mechanic(although I'm not feeling great about the job they'll do there..still, interested to see how it works), but aside from than that, unless a champ I really dig comes up on the arena I'm doubtful to go balls to the wall there anywhere near what I have been.

If what I expect to be middling efforts on my part in some of the alliance events isn't going to be enough, then go ahead and give the spot to someone else.

You're not alone here Duff. Sorry if it offends people, but the game and the alliance have evolved. Some people are more casual and/or have dropped off, and that sucks for those of us that put a lot into reaching milestones. Maybe you guys should just do like you've said and start a casual FBG alliance. Again, not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot.I'm mjolnir btw
Yea I was only half joking about that. It works for Clash of Clans, but we may not have the player pool yet to have more than 2 half-assed alliances. Plus the less casuals will be missing out on those milestone rewards that they need to get up and running.

But recruiting guys from global to help out has been working like a charm up to this point. It's tempting to keep adding more of them. And really tempting to think what we could do if we had 30 grinders.

You're not alone here Duff. Sorry if it offends people, but the game and the alliance have evolved. Some people are more casual and/or have dropped off, and that sucks for those of us that put a lot into reaching milestones. Maybe you guys should just do like you've said and start a casual FBG alliance. Again, not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot.

I'm mjolnir btw
My comments above still hold true - it has nothing to do with casual or not but rather the levels and characters one has compared to the rest of the alliance. Again - absolutely nothing wrong with wanting something for your particular alliance (as it pertains to participation, etc), however, as the game is structured, the alliance needs to be made up of similar leveled players.

It might make sense to set up a second alliance for the casual players.

I've only been playing this game since 05/09 (a little over two weeks) but you've been pretty vocal about your position since the time I've been here (nothing wrong with that at all). Just not everyone is in the same position/boat/desire/etc).

To that end, I've just created the following:

FootballGuys Serious Business [FBG4]

Those that are still interested in playing this game, but don't want the overall seriousness or stress, come on over.

Here's where I'm living: If the vocal minority want 80%+ participation in every, single, event then you can prolly go ahead and boot me now(or you may want to wait until I cash in the metric ton of crystals I'm hauling around for later today). I get that some of you want to try and push for every milestone award. I'm not going to be able to remotely get behind that at this point. Too much of a time sink and too repetitive for the payoff. I'm going to play more casually because I'd like to finish the story quests and I'd like to see what they do with the "base" mechanic(although I'm not feeling great about the job they'll do there..still, interested to see how it works), but aside from than that, unless a champ I really dig comes up on the arena I'm doubtful to go balls to the wall there anywhere near what I have been.

If what I expect to be middling efforts on my part in some of the alliance events isn't going to be enough, then go ahead and give the spot to someone else.
.The thing that bothered me personally wasn't lower scores, it was the people with consistent zeros, or like 80 points. And I understand people do get busy, which is why we looked at people that constantly had these types of scores. I don't expect to have 30 people all putting up huge numbers, but help out at least a little instead of just collecting the rewards. That's not aimed at you finkle

I'm mjolnir btw
Yea I was only half joking about that. It works for Clash of Clans, but we may not have the player pool yet to have more than 2 half-assed alliances. Plus the less casuals will be missing out on those milestone rewards that they need to get up and running.

But recruiting guys from global to help out has been working like a charm up to this point. It's tempting to keep adding more of them. And really tempting to think what we could do if we had 30 grinders.
Yeah it has worked out quite well so far

I am not going for the top prizes, those are grinder alliances with 30 members all doing it.

I wont do every event either. 300k in the three day is achievable with 1/3 of the alliance grinding and the rest daily play (non zero)

You're not alone here Duff. Sorry if it offends people, but the game and the alliance have evolved. Some people are more casual and/or have dropped off, and that sucks for those of us that put a lot into reaching milestones. Maybe you guys should just do like you've said and start a casual FBG alliance. Again, not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot.I'm mjolnir btw
My comments above still hold true - it has nothing to do with casual or not but rather the levels and characters one has compared to the rest of the alliance. Again - absolutely nothing wrong with wanting something for your particular alliance (as it pertains to participation, etc), however, as the game is structured, the alliance needs to be made up of similar leveled players.

It might make sense to set up a second alliance for the casual players.

I've only been playing this game since 05/09 (a little over two weeks) but you've been pretty vocal about your position since the time I've been here (nothing wrong with that at all). Just not everyone is in the same position/boat/desire/etc).
Agreed. Hope there's no hard feelings, like I've said it just got frustrating to see so many zeros all the time and falling short of reachable milestones.

To that end, I've just created the following:

FootballGuys Serious Business [FBG4]

Those that are still interested in playing this game, but don't want the overall seriousness or stress, come on over.
and actually - this might work out well overall. With the two clans, folks could possibly move between them based on availability, desire to play more or less, etc.

Could actually turn into a positive!

It would have been nice to have been asked if I plan on grinding instead of just a boot. But it is what it is.

The answer would have been no. And I don't even think I'm going to join 4. I just hate spending the $50 or so and dropping it so quickly

It would have been nice to have been asked if I plan on grinding instead of just a boot. But it is what it is.

The answer would have been no. And I don't even think I'm going to join 4. I just hate spending the $50 or so and dropping it so quickly
Come on over Acer - serious business over here. Seriously. No really - I'm serious.

I don't feel like it's that serious. It's discouraging to see 0's in the alliance scores, especially in events that span multiple days I'm pretty sure that is all we are trying to eliminate. That said, I would prefer playing alongside FBGs instead of randoms.

I don't feel like it's that serious. It's discouraging to see 0's in the alliance scores, especially in events that span multiple days I'm pretty sure that is all we are trying to eliminate. That said, I would prefer playing alongside FBGs instead of randoms.
Agree with all of this. But to your last point, easier said than done. I'm sure we'd all like it to be FBGs only

I agree that the way the game is set up does not work well with spanning several levels of players. The guys who lucked into several 4* have a severe advantage over those of us who have only managed two teams of 3*. Before the last two weeks of crystals I only had like 9 2* since i kept dupping the ones I had, so I couldn't really do anything in the arenas.

That said, even with my handicapped teams I would still playing everyday and doing what I could to help the grinders in trying to get the higher rewards. I understand that everyone has a real life, so an occasional 0 in a one day event is to be expected. When you have a super low score in a 3 day Ultron event that points to not playing since whatever you are doing you can come across Ultron. Those are the people that Duff wanted to replace.

I am never going to be a grinder, too much of a time sink for that with 3 kids at home. My wife would kill me. I will do what I can, which is a few hours of play each night between getting kids in bed, and then whatever other free time I have to kill.

Those of you who were kicked, if you still have all your saved up crystals, join up with Witz even if it is just for today to help him in getting the dup rewards.

Be'elz here.

These alliance quests have been incredibly helpful for me building up my roster, to the point where I can now contribute in the middle of the pack. We should never be making the new members feel they aren't contributing when they really can't contribute based on their roster. Those are the people we can help grow to the point of being able to contribute.

I shouldn't have used the term 'grinder', gives the wrong impression. Hard not to throw the word out when just keeping up feels like a grind.

Doc is a grinder, and none of us are on his level.

KAC - I understand why you left and that it wasnt related to this. Understand totally.

Others: Here is what I am thinking as a good mix for events like the current arena one, 200k target for 2 premium crystals over three days.

INITIAL ROUGH THOUGHTS FOR DISCUSSION

Top 10 in the clan pull in 150k, 15k average (our top guys will be over 20k prob)

Bottom 20 in the clan pull in 50k, 5k average

A 3 star fight nets 40 points, so for 5 easy matches of three you pull 600 points. Over a three day span you need to play 9 times, for probably 20 min each time - the early easy fights take less time.

This discounts points you might get from having more teams, or beating 2 or 4 star champs.

In our recent events the top 10 HAVE accounted for this many points, just hoping the bottom half can pull up a BIT.

Since I saved my 3* from last week I am rather excited for dupe day. It'd be a tad more interesting if it took us longer than 5 minutes to hit the goal though.

It'd be a tad more interesting if it took us longer than 5 minutes to hit the goal though.
True. Still fun though.

Plus, I have a couple of 3*s I want to push up to getting next rank. Class ISO I net from the dupes should get me pretty damn close.

The funny thing is, since I joined a random open alliance, I've been playing about the same amount yet am contributing more on every event. Our leadership understands that there are lots of new players and alliance hoppers so they do their best to help everyone improve. We've been growing nicely and I earned 3 3* champs in the last 2 days (plus a helped get a bunch of duplicates and event rewards).

It's a shame FBGS couldn't take a similar approach, but instead chose to kick people out.

Users who are viewing this thread