What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (2 Viewers)

With the structure of the game this is probably going to be a recurring issue. We already have seen a number of us go through the burn out cycle.

I don't have any interest left in the arenas. Makes it tough for arena-based events, and whatever points I do put up are me playing it solely to help the team.

Pulled 2 3 star Spideys to dupe up, claimed my Dupe The Vision and pulled a 3 star Storm. Spidey's one of my least favorite guys to play with though. At least I have 5 full 3-4 star teams now.

Pulled 3-star Iron Fist from PHC and then opened my 5 3-star crystals and got another Iron Fist and 4 new 3-stars (Dr Strange, Juggernaut, Magik, Wolverine) Kinda bummed that 4/5 are Mystic, but it's only my 2nd awakened 3-star hero, so I am stoked for that

Pulled 3-star Iron Fist from PHC and then opened my 5 3-star crystals and got another Iron Fist and 4 new 3-stars (Dr Strange, Juggernaut, Magik, Wolverine) Kinda bummed that 4/5 are Mystic, but it's only my 2nd awakened 3-star hero, so I am stoked for that
I have a duped Fist and like him a lot for Arena. He can get through some of the big boy defensive shields nicely.

Duped 3-star Gamora, Juggernaut, UC, and Wolverine x2. Also got a 3-star Ronan which I didn't have before.

All the 3-star dupes were first time they'd been duped, too, so nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dupe event is maxed out.

We are at 400k in crystal event with 2 days left. 500k is 75 credits. Save for next dupe, or should we go for the credits?

I'll trade you, I've got 10 3* guys, 0 mystics. 4 are skill, 3 science, 4/10 are awakened.

Dupe event is maxed out.

We are at 400k in crystal event with 2 days left. 500k is 75 credits. Save for next dupe, or should we go for the credits?
We'd all have to open the new 3-star crystal to get to 500K, right? If so, I'd say just wait as a 3 star crystals are worth more than 75 credits.

I have almost all the cosmics as 3*, that imo is the class you'd want to hoard (not that we have a choice). Drax, Gamora, Capt Marvel, and then Thor/Ronan with the stun. Even Blackbolt has been pretty good.

I had all the science guys on my restart (except Hulk) so guys like Spiderman, Rhino, and Capt America. Probably my least favorite class overall.

Speaking of Hulk.. IF they finally go back and do his event, is it the event that finally breaks the arena once and for all? Hulkbuster almost did it last weekend.

ton of 2* dupes. Duped my 3* Colossus (ugh, I have a duped 4* Colossus), Duped my 3* Unstoppable Colossus :clap: , and earned enough credits through my arena crystals to buy the 3* upgrade from duping so many 2* :clap:

So I'm saving the 3* I bought and the 3* award from the event for next week.

I am going to be a casual player going forward as well. I devoted as much time as I would ever possibly be able to into the arena for a Hulkbuster, and didn't come particularly close.

I do enjoy contributing to the alliance event stuff. I would enjoy sticking around for that, but if the group leaders want to continue going the route of 'hardcore grinders' I will not be offended if you want to replace me.

I had all the science guys on my restart (except Hulk) so guys like Spiderman, Rhino, and Capt America. Probably my least favorite class overall
Not a huge fan of Science either, though my triple duped Cap 3* can basically stand there blocking and not take damage from anything outside heavies/special when he's below a certain health level. Boring to play, but he can outlast just about anyone if I don't get twitchy.

Pulled a 3* Electro today. Haven't had him at any level yet, but sure do hate that effing ground strike thing he has when I go against him. We'll see how that goes.

I had all the science guys on my restart (except Hulk) so guys like Spiderman, Rhino, and Capt America. Probably my least favorite class overall
Not a huge fan of Science either, though my triple duped Cap 3* can basically stand there blocking and not take damage from anything outside heavies/special when he's below a certain health level. Boring to play, but he can outlast just about anyone if I don't get twitchy.

Pulled a 3* Electro today. Haven't had him at any level yet, but sure do hate that effing ground strike thing he has when I go against him. We'll see how that goes.
Jealous. I've been wanting Electro for a long time.

I am going to be a casual player going forward as well. I devoted as much time as I would ever possibly be able to into the arena for a Hulkbuster, and didn't come particularly close.
I'm just wondering if it can stay like this? Seems like about everyone in our clan had this exact same experience.

They'd have to change it up and make it more competitive or most all players would drop out and it'd kill the app, right?

I'm just wondering if it can stay like this? Seems like about everyone in our clan had this exact same experience.

They'd have to change it up and make it more competitive or most all players would drop out and it'd kill the app, right?
Depends. All about the bottom line.

Have the Chinese gotten this yet? If they haven't, then my answer to your question is "No. They won't have to change a thing."

You would think so. I gave up on the arenas two weeks ago. I will play to get a few of the milestone awards, but not to go gusto for the main prizes. I don't have the time or the gumption to spend the money it would take to place high in these arenas anymore. It was fun when it first started as you could place with 200k pts. Now you need north of 400k for even a chance.

I do like the alliance events, as these feel more inclined to the mix of casual and experienced user-base. You can have a mix of both and still do well and achieve the milestones listed within the time frame - for most "realistic" events.

Just some of the numbers are shocking to me from some of my experiences in other games. To have 15-20K+ devoted players is pretty unusual.

and 5-Ish...judging by some of the characters I come across in Arena, I'd definitely say there are Chinese on the game. Maybe that's it as they can grind forever, but the payoff of a 3-star character just doesn't seem that attractive. I guess the bigger question is if there's a robust marketplace for selling accounts.

I stopped spending credits on 3* crystals. Saving them for 4* though now I'm not doing arenas I doubt I'll be able to save that much again before I end up giving up he game for good. Especially with having to spend credits to unlock the upper level masteries. I'm sitting on a mastery point unused right now for not being sure I want to spend the credits to unlock anything else.

I am only doing Arenas to 600k (top bracket, 4 star), which yields 3 premium crystals and 1 for placement.

It only takes about 4 runs through my heros per day (9 teams) and I am still a top contributor in the alliance events.

No grinding here (by my definition, some may disagree). Four times a day, 40 min each.

If you can find fun in this, it is a good way to play and also contribute IMO.

So you can't claim the same reward from two alliances. I jumped to Witz's to test it out. You get a "You claimed this reward as part of another alliance" or something similar.

Dupe event is maxed out.

We could always open our non-hero crystals, including arena crystals. We dominate the dupe event, and while I don't want to give up the guaranteed 3-star crystal, the rewards for the 1-day crystal event are garbage

So you can't claim the same reward from two alliances. I jumped to Witz's to test it out. You get a "You claimed this reward as part of another alliance" or something similar.
That's too bad but actually good from a 'games not broke' perspective.

I am only doing Arenas to 600k (top bracket, 4 star), which yields 3 premium crystals and 1 for placement.

It only takes about 4 runs through my heros per day (9 teams) and I am still a top contributor in the alliance events.

No grinding here (by my definition, some may disagree). Four times a day, 40 min each.

If you can find fun in this, it is a good way to play and also contribute IMO.
If people are okay with me not participating at all during the weekend and meeting this level in the Arena I'd be able to meet that level.

I stopped spending credits on 3* crystals. Saving them for 4* though now I'm not doing arenas I doubt I'll be able to save that much again before I end up giving up he game for good. Especially with having to spend credits to unlock the upper level masteries. I'm sitting on a mastery point unused right now for not being sure I want to spend the credits to unlock anything else
It would take me a long time to save 2500 credits

I stopped spending credits on 3* crystals. Saving them for 4* though now I'm not doing arenas I doubt I'll be able to save that much again before I end up giving up he game for good. Especially with having to spend credits to unlock the upper level masteries. I'm sitting on a mastery point unused right now for not being sure I want to spend the credits to unlock anything else
Really? I feel like I earn close to 800 per week between alliance rewards, quest/ultron rewards, and arena crystals/milestones. Maybe I am just lucky with my arena crystals, but I haven't even gotten a rank reward better than a PHC since the Daredevil tournament, so I don't sink a tremendous amount of effort into them.

Really? I feel like I earn close to 800 per week between alliance rewards, quest/ultron rewards, and arena crystals/milestones. Maybe I am just lucky with my arena crystals, but I haven't even gotten a rank reward better than a PHC since the Daredevil tournament, so I don't sink a tremendous amount of effort into them.
Today was the best I've ever done with the arena crystals. I made about 275 or so, but that is not normal for me.

Yeah I had a bad day with the Arena crystals, but average about 25-30 credits per 20000 redemption. I end up redeeming about 140-160K a week and then another couple hundred with Arena awards and the like. It adds up after awhile.

One of the hardest attacks in the game to deal with. Even when I "block" it I still have seen as much as 800 damage against me.

I've finally turned the corner on the 2* arena. While I haven't had any trouble with earning the 3* hero everytime, I have been forced to get atleast 7 cycles in per day which was very time intensive.

But with today's dupes and all the ISO from them I now have 4 full teams of 2.20's. I can now achieve the endless streak as long as I don't lose focus during the fights. So really all I need to do is fight with only 4 of my teams each cycle which cuts my time investment in half.

The math:

New reality) 4 teams x 3 fighters x ~1500 points per fight = 18000 points per cycle

Old reality) 8 teams x 3 fighters x various points = ~21000 points per cycle

Close enough I say for half the time invested.

Today was the best I've ever done with the arena crystals. I made about 275 or so, but that is not normal for me.
Yes when I was competing in the tourneys even on bad days I was making well over 100 credits a day just from arena crystals. Plus 100 from milestones. So may take a couple of weeks but worth it.

Marvel: Contest of Champions - NEW All SECRET Characters

Here's the video I mentioned in chat, it's a month old now. Not sure where the guy is getting his info, but I've been watching his videos since starting the game and he seems legit. He lists:

WW2 Capt America

Hulkbuster

Iron Patriot

White suit Magneto

Black suit Spiderman

Ultron and drones

New Vision

New Scarlet Witch (hot)

Electro is decent, but his good attack is offset by his low health. I suspect he may have the lowest health in the game, or maybe other than Rocket, based on how quickly you can take him out when you get hits on him.

Here are some stat comparisons, all unawakened unless otherwise noted.

1063 Electro, 3168 health, 397 attack.

1091 Gamora 4598, 390

1096 Cap Marvel 4788, 404

1088 awakened Gamora 4014 341

770 Hawkeye 3535, 267

400 health less than a Hawkeye who is 300 rating points behind him. Only 2/3 the health of a Gamora or Cap Marvel who aren't too much higher rated.

I just pulled a 2* Cyclops today and it got me thinking that I now have every 2* in the game. Most of you are probably already at this stage, but it's a bit odd that I have duped some of my 2* 10+ times yet I still had not gotten a cyclops

The funny thing is, since I joined a random open alliance, I've been playing about the same amount yet am contributing more on every event. Our leadership understands that there are lots of new players and alliance hoppers so they do their best to help everyone improve. We've been growing nicely and I earned 3 3* champs in the last 2 days (plus a helped get a bunch of duplicates and event rewards).

It's a shame FBGS couldn't take a similar approach, but instead chose to kick people out.
K

I just pulled a 2* Cyclops today and it got me thinking that I now have every 2* in the game. Most of you are probably already at this stage, but it's a bit odd that I have duped some of my 2* 10+ times yet I still had not gotten a cyclops
Do we have an official count of how many 2*s are available? Are all of the "specialty" types available as both 2 and 3*? Like Strange, the two Marvels, Rocket, Electro, etc?

I've never faced a 2* Dr. Strange, for instance. Only seen him in the 4* tourney. Don't recall facing Rocket outside the 4* tourney either.

Still haven't gotten a Punisher in 2 months, not even 2*.

Also don't have The Vision to do that Ultron quest with, missed those prizes with this account :unsure:

Do we have an official count of how many 2*s are available? Are all of the "specialty" types available as both 2 and 3*? Like Strange, the two Marvels, Rocket, Electro, etc?

I've never faced a 2* Dr. Strange, for instance. Only seen him in the 4* tourney. Don't recall facing Rocket outside the 4* tourney either.
I don't think they are available in 2* form. I have never faced them, nor have I ever obtained them. I have 28 2* champs

Edit to add that with TenTimes post above, I have neglected the fact that I lack a 2* Punisher

Still haven't gotten a Punisher in 2 months, not even 2*.

Also don't have The Vision to do that Ultron quest with, missed those prizes with this account :unsure:
I am assuming that he should be available in the PHCs since he is a requirement in those missions. Would be lame if it is now impossible for you to complete those

Iron Fist is my favorite guy, especially 3* awakened. He's a freakin beast

. I have 29 different 2* and I'm still a few short. there are 32 that exist as 2* currently. The Wikipedia page for the game shows a breakdown of every character and which levels they're available at.

Also, regarding a discussion from earlier, the page also says their plan is to release in China later in the year. Can't imagine what it'll be like then.

Yeah, I didn't think they'd released over there yet.

Once the "credit farmers" get ahold of it, it's pretty much all over but the crying. :)

I have 30 2* heroes

After checking out the wiki page it appears I'm only missing Deadpool and Capt. Marvel as 2*s as well. Feels like I have less, probably due to the fact that many of them are ignored I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread