What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ball (MFL10s, DRAFT, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Did 1 of probably only 2 this year. Seemed pretty straightforward overall in terms of early round ADPs. OBJ Was taken 2nd round though. From the 10 spot.

Rivers 10

Dalton 13

Sanchez 18

Lynch 1

Murray 2

Gore 4

Blount 6

J.white 20

Cooks 3

Marshall 5

Fitzgerald 8

D.adams 9

Garcon 12

Crabtree 15

Hurns 19

Bennett 7

Gates 11

D.allen 14

New England 16

Cincy 17

I did a similar ffpc draft only contest last year and finished a distant 2nd to the guy with Luck n Forsett. I got too many gooseeggs from my risk-heavy wr corps of guys like J.Hunter. so this time im looking just for more consistent production out of that position. I guess we'll see what happens. ..

Last year, Watkins was the highest rookie WR taken at 6.12 and this year Cooper has an ADP of 5.01. **ADP with all filters for MFL10s settings.

Last Year (since June 15/2014):

Watkins 6.12, Cooks 7.07, Evans 8.10, Benjamin 9.07

This year (since June 15/2015):

Cooper 5.01, White 6.12, Agholor 7.03, Perriman 7.12

Up by a couple rounds but they aren't the same data packs since Last years in months of drafts vs this years is just a few days. A bit over value (IMO) and some proper adjustment as rookies proved that don't need to be the "Third Year WR" anymore.

Have a few guys in my MFL pay league that Id like to strangle right now. ALWAYS an excuse as to why they took 7.5hrs per pick, every damn round.

Sorry, if you are alive in 2015 and cannot make a damn pick, you should find a new hobby.

FWIW,I drew the 4 spot...

Started w Lacy, Gordon, Graham. Couldnt have asked for much better for a start... Im a WR heavy guy, but in this league, needed 2 have 2 bulls at RB, at least
My draft would have gone much faster if is wasn't for two people. The rest of the people were either checking the site often or had player pre-selected.

I also have the 4th pick in the draft I started today. I took Antonio Brown first.

1st Round of mine, for those who care:

AP

A Brown

Bell

Lacy - Me

Charles

Jones

Gronk

Beckham

Bryant

Lynch

D Thomas

Murray

For those of you who have finished a draft or two already, what have you thought of the teams that took Gronk first round?

still a couple of picks left and here is what he has

Brady, Tom NEP QB , Manning, Eli NYG QB

Cobb, David TEN RB , Forsett, Justin BAL RB , Murray, Latavius OAK RB , Riddick, Theo DET RB , Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR , Edelman, Julian NEP WR , Johnson, Charles MIN WR , Johnson, Stevie SDC WR
Moncrief, Donte IND WR , Randle, Rueben NYG WR , Wilson, Marquess CHI WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE , Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Patriots, New England NEP Def

If he takes VJAX/R. White in the 6th instead of Olsen, I think i like it just fine. He had the 2nd pick

1st round was
charles, gronk, peterson, leveon, antonio, lacy, dez, julio, beckham, lynch, Demaryius (me), Foster

From the 8:

L. Mccoy

D. Murray

S. Watkins

A. Cooper

M. Bryant

L. Blount

M. Bennett

V. Jackson

D. Funchess

T. Brady

R. Bush

R. Tannehill

T. Cadet

M. Williams

N. Foles

J. Huff

Kansas City Chiefs

T. Lockett

Dallas Cowboys

S. Chandler

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have finished a draft or two already, what have you thought of the teams that took Gronk first round?
All depends on the drafter and really to some extent the pick placement. I would be more inclined to pick Gronk with 1.1 than 1.12 because Gronk/Forsett/Gordon/Watkins (plus the next pick) is better than Gronk/Murray/Spiller/Benjamin.

Most of those teams have at least one weakness and that weakness is usually receiver. Some of the teams look ok but a few look bad.
I haven't been a fan of any team that's taken him first. I'd much rather take Olsen in the 4th and get some great WRs and RBs in the first 3 rounds.

Here's one of my better teams with 3 picks to go. Got lucky Forte and Rodgers fell to 2nd and 4th. Wish i had one more option at rb.

Rodgers

Stafford

Forte

Gore

Sims

Helu

Ridley

Beckham

Landry

R. White

Quick

Garcon

De. Parker

Crabtree

Kelce

Ebron

Lions

I've finished 3 so far. None of the teams that took Gronk ended up with what I would consider a competitive team. But it's still early and it's a small sample.

just finished one. Not loving this team.

Rodgers
A. Smith

Charles
Bernard
Jennings
Matthews
A Williams
Helu

Cobb
K. Allen
Maclin
Boldin
Colston
Quick

Clay
Ebron
M/ Williams

Bengals
Falcons
Giants

Here's the Gronk team:

Luck
Dalton

Ingram
Abdullah
Duke Johnson
Mason
De. Williams
Den. Robinson

Andre Johnson
Marshall
Wright
T. Williams
Torrey Smith
Bowe
Baldwin

Gronk
Cook
Paul

Browns
Broncos`

Any opinions of Amari Coopers ADP in the early mid 4th? That 2nd/3rd tier of WRs gets pretty ugly quick.

It seems like the 4th round is always Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Amari Cooper, Golden Tate and Jordan Matthews.

Any opinions of Amari Coopers ADP in the early mid 4th? That 2nd/3rd tier of WRS gets pretty ugly quick
took him at 4.09 as the first WR of mine off the board

had to. the pickins were pretty crap at that point. he was the only WR1 upside guy really left

I have done 5 drafts and took Gronk in one of them at 1.01, but I'm not crazy about the results. I've seen him go everywhere from 1.01 (obviously) to as late as the late 2nd, but usually in the 1st or early 2nd. I tend to prefer taking Graham in the 3rd or Kelce in the 5th, but I'd like to take one more shot at a Gronk draft, perhaps from the mid 1st. I envision something like this:

1.05 Gronk

2.08 Julio (or Megatron, Green or Jordy)

3.05 Cooks (or Jeffery, Evans or Cobb)

4.08 Latavius or Andre Johnson

5.05 Spiller

6.08 Vereen (or Randle)

7.05 Mathews (or Randle)

8.08 RB5 if one of the above is still on board, otherwise Aghalor, Perriman, Big Ben, Brees

9.05 Wright, Cobb, TE2

10.08 John Brown

It's not perfect but it's how I see it. The real monkey wrench would be if Hill is available in the third. No way I'm passing on one of those WRs in the 2nd. If I took Hill at 3.05, though, this board changes a bit. I probably snag A Johnson in the 4th for sure.

Any opinions of Amari Coopers ADP in the early mid 4th? That 2nd/3rd tier of WRs gets pretty ugly quick.

It seems like the 4th round is always Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Amari Cooper, Golden Tate and Jordan Matthews.
I've taken Keenan Allen a lot at that spot. Also like Matthews if he's there.

Personally think it's way too early. Rookie going up against #1 corner every game and their schedule is brutal. I don't think Carr is that good either. Could have had about 8-10 more int's last year. I do love Cooper the player though. He'll be a good one.

I have done 5 drafts and took Gronk in one of them at 1.01, but I'm not crazy about the results. I've seen him go everywhere from 1.01 (obviously) to as late as the late 2nd, but usually in the 1st or early 2nd. I tend to prefer taking Graham in the 3rd or Kelce in the 5th, but I'd like to take one more shot at a Gronk draft, perhaps from the mid 1st. I envision something like this:

1.05 Gronk

2.08 Julio (or Megatron, Green or Jordy)

3.05 Cooks (or Jeffery, Evans or Cobb)

4.08 Latavius or Andre Johnson

5.05 Spiller
In my experience Gronk almost always goes between the middle and end of the first round.

That group looks better than most because Spiller is more likely to go in the 30's than the 50's in the drafts I've participated in. That mid-5th round tier looks more like a choice between Abdullah/Coleman/Randle/Bell in my experience and that makes the Gronk pick much more difficult.

BroadwayG said:
BroadwayG said:
Jesus... Gronk at the 12? He hasn't fallen past the 4th in my leagues.I like the 9/10/11 in that last one.
That's the benefit of doing a lot of these. You can get some nice guys late.
I actually like#2 best. But then again, what do I know?

BroadwayG said:
I made my own database of all the MFL10s from last year and this year. I've looked at the winners drafts and roster makeups to get a sense of what works and what doesn't for the whole draft strategy. Right now I go in with an optimal lineup of 3/5/7/3/2 for each draft and adjust on the fly.

I have up to the minute ADP and trends for this year as well as my own rankings for the per round strategy.

I most recently check out that winners from last year drafted their QB1 on average at pick 82, and their QB2 at pick 144. 419 out of 946 went with at least a QB3 at 198. Only 21 winners went 4 QBs.

If I take it a step further, I look at the actual win rates for players/positions/rounds etc to see what actually works.

For example, in early drafts (Feb/Mar/Apr) you were better off with 2 DT than 3 DT, mid drafts (May/June) about even win rate, and later drafts (July/Aug) the 3 DT lineups really take off. So I'll be shifting my optimal lineup target in the next few weeks.
This is interesting and I think I understand why. In the early drafts, there is going to be a much higher probability of hitting on a late round sleeper. Guys like Nelson Agholor or Breshad Perriman were available in round 18-20 pre-draft and it doesn't make sense to roster a 3rd defense when that much upside is still available. That upside starts to disappear in the early summer, especially as the rookies jump up post-draft. And by this point in the process, all the real upside sleepers are long gone by the time you are comparing the benefit of a #3D to the available players (who aren't going to add much to your roster).

I like your optimal lineup. I do something similar but if I see value at QB or TE in the first 10 or 11 rounds and end up with 2 QB or 2 TE high floor guys fairly early, I will stick with two at the QB or TE position and instead grab a 3rd defense.

I'll be picking at 1.10. Any suggestions?
In that position I like to grab WR with my first pick unless a top RB slides. I try to get Foster in the second where I can. You could also go for Murray or McCoy if you're higher on them (i'm not). I highly recommend getting at least one RB with your first two picks - you might be surprised with how many are drafted before your third round pick comes up.

RBs flying in these draft.

Been a wr/wr guy lately, but id suggest at least 1 rb to start, maybe 2.

from the 4 spot I went lacy/gordon, and very glad I did... by the 3rd it was a barren wasteland

RBs flying in these draft.

Been a wr/wr guy lately, but id suggest at least 1 rb to start, maybe 2.

from the 4 spot I went lacy/gordon, and very glad I did... by the 3rd it was a barren wasteland
Small sample in the 1 draft I did, but I took 3 rbs in 4 rounds but was surprised at the decent rb options still available in later rounds and regretted a bit not taking a better wr early.

My observations:

- You need RBs early, but you don't necessarily have to go all RBs early. I think 2 RBs in first 3 rounds. I had been going RB heavy and I never get guys like Blount, Jennings, or Spiller; all are guys I'd like to own a share of. Especially Blount.

- Rookies go insanely early. I really don't get it. I really don't get taking Amari Cooper over Andre Johnson or even Brandon Marshall.

- The corollary, of course, is that guys like Marques Colston and Anquan Boldin drop really far. High floors are just as valuable as high ceilings.

- We all know that you can build a solid squad with late round QBs and TEs in a best ball format, but I think you have to have one of the first 10 TEs because they just go too fast. You try to wait beyond that and suddenly you've got 2 or even 3 guys that are real stretches. I think Gronk, Graham, and Kelce just pull the TEs up a lot.

- I find defenses to be similar in that the run starts earlier than makes sense, and you have to take 1 or even 2 just to make sure you get multiple defenses. 32 teams in the league and a chance that they could be all gone before you have 2 if you don't get them before the last 2 rounds.

- If a guy starts getting some buzz in the fantasy press, you're not going to be able to get him at ADP. Someone mentioned Frank Gore earlier and he's a good example. Justin Forsett and Arian Foster. And even guys like Deangelo Williams and especially Cole Beasley. People in MFL10s in June are people who read and listen to all the same things you do. Anyone getting hype the week you're drafting will go two rounds earlier than ADP is saying.

I've been grabbing Blount in the 6th as an RB3. I like him a lot for my third RB. But I'm also targetting Cadet late (15th round or later) as a 5th or 6th RB.

I figured I might as well try one of these for fun. Googled it and found the site and much to my surprise I was logged in automatically and had a $10 Phenoms credit. I sure don't remember even registering...ha ha. I must have clicked on a link from one of my leagues earlier this year? Anyway, is there still a way to get this credit because I just registered my wife (she also played in Phenoms) and she doesn't show the credit.

Most of those teams have at least one weakness and that weakness is usually receiver. Some of the teams look ok but a few look bad.
I haven't been a fan of any team that's taken him first. I'd much rather take Olsen in the 4th and get some great WRs and RBs in the first 3 rounds.
Here are a few of my teams after taking Gronk in the 1st:

1.06 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 11:55:04 a.m. 2.07 Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 4:54:01 p.m. 3.06 Gordon, Melvin SDC RB 2:24:16 p.m. 4.07 Ellington, Andre ARI RB 3:51:51 p.m. 5.06 Edelman, Julian NEP WR 8:50:12 p.m. 6.07 White, Kevin CHI WR 11:53:11 a.m. 7.06 Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 9:36:31 a.m. 8.07 Wallace, Mike MIN WR 12:18:48 p.m. 9.06 McFadden, Darren DAL RB 3:47:15 a.m. 10.07 Ajayi, Jay MIA RB 11:23:54 a.m. 11.06 Cobb, David TEN RB 5:52:05 p.m. 12.07 Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB 1:56:23 p.m. 13.06 Latimer, Cody DEN WR 7:48:34 a.m. 14.07 Bowe, Dwayne CLE WR 1:22:38 p.m. 15.06 Miller, Heath PIT TE 10:34:37 p.m. 16.07 Bortles, Blake JAC QB 10:08:44 a.m. 17.06 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 10:40:41 p.m. 18.07 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def 10:34:23 a.m. 19.06 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def 10:36:05 p.m. 20.07 Artis-Payne, Cameron CAR RB 11:50:06 a.m.

1.06 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 5:55:14 p.m. 2.07 Murray, DeMarco PHI RB 6:06:34 a.m. 3.06 Miller, Lamar MIA RB 11:33:35 a.m. 4.07 Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 11:14:46 p.m. 5.06 Bell, Joique DET RB 12:22:19 p.m. 6.07 Jackson, DeSean WAS WR 7:33:14 p.m. 7.06 Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 11:27:59 a.m. 8.07 White, Roddy ATL WR 7:58:52 p.m. 9.06 Johnson, Charles MIN WR 9:37:04 a.m. 10.07 Romo, Tony DAL QB 1:28:19 p.m. 11.06 McFadden, Darren DAL RB 8:54:22 p.m. 12.07 Randle, Rueben NYG WR 11:23:05 a.m. 13.06 Williams, Terrance DAL WR 10:39:45 p.m. 14.07 Dalton, Andy CIN QB 1:12:24 p.m. 15.06 Miller, Heath PIT TE 8:15:53 a.m. 16.07 Beasley, Cole DAL WR 12:18:46 p.m. 17.06 Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 6:49:33 p.m. 18.07 Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 8:24:37 a.m. 1.09 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 11:41:42 a.m. 2.04 Beckham, Odell NYG WR 12:08:18 p.m. 3.09 Ingram, Mark NOS RB 10:52:33 p.m. 4.04 Gordon, Melvin SDC RB 8:14:53 a.m. 5.09 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB 6:47:32 p.m. 6.04 Bell, Joique DET RB 8:00:53 p.m. 7.09 Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 4:33:22 p.m. 8.04 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 6:05:14 p.m. MFL Zero:

1.01 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 2:00:13 p.m. 2.12 Foster, Arian HOU RB 1:04:51 a.m. 3.01 Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR 1:05:43 a.m. 4.12 Marshall, Brandon NYJ WR 12:24:25 p.m. 5.01 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 12:26:29 p.m. 6.12 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR 12:51:18 p.m. 7.01 Sankey, Bishop TEN RB 12:51:59 p.m. 8.12 Rivers, Philip SDC QB 9:22:58 p.m. 9.01 McFadden, Darren DAL RB 9:24:59 p.m. 10.12 Cruz, Victor NYG WR 12:41:04 p.m. 11.01 Smith, Steve BAL WR 12:41:40 p.m. 12.12 Colston, Marques NOS WR 12:51:00 p.m. 13.01 Miller, Heath PIT TE 12:51:21 p.m. 14.12 Robinson, Denard JAC RB 12:04:20 p.m. 15.01 Dalton, Andy CIN QB 12:13:10 p.m. 16.12 Patriots, New England NEP Def 2:59:46 a.m. 17.01 Smith, Geno NYJ QB 3:01:52 a.m. 18.12 Britt, Kenny STL WR 8:11:09 p.m. 19.01 Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def 8:11:47 p.m. 20.12 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 1:12:36 p.m. Another MFL Zero:

1.02 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 7:56:10 p.m. 2.11 Evans, Mike TBB WR 11:47:08 p.m. 3.02 Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR 2:44:42 a.m. 4.11 Marshall, Brandon NYJ WR 4:50:33 p.m. 5.02 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 5:01:18 p.m. 6.11 Floyd, Michael ARI WR 6:55:11 p.m. 7.02 Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB 11:09:43 a.m. 8.11 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR 5:15:53 a.m. 9.02 Sankey, Bishop TEN RB 12:23:31 p.m. 10.11 Jennings, Rashad NYG RB 12:59:54 p.m. 11.02 Rivers, Philip SDC QB 5:00:16 a.m. 12.11 Ivory, Chris NYJ RB 9:50:33 p.m. 13.02 Reed, Jordan WAS TE 9:53:21 p.m. 14.11 Cutler, Jay CHI QB 5:45:14 a.m. 15.02 Woodhead, Danny SDC RB 11:44:02 a.m. 16.11 Colston, Marques NOS WR 2:10:29 p.m. 17.02 Smith, Alex KCC QB 2:15:41 p.m. 18.11 Packers, Green Bay GBP Def 1:08:28 p.m. 19.02 Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 9:45:19 p.m. 20.11 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 6:24:36 a.m.

Sorry if this post is so long, just to give some people an idea of some drafted teams taking Gronk in the 1st. And in my case in 2 MFL Zeros taking him @ 1.01 and 1.02. In retrospect that probably wasn't the best idea.

My current MFL10 I have the 4 spot and am going WR heavy early. I'm not quiet sure what I'm going to do with the 6th pick yet. I don't need a QB or TE yet based on who's available. I'm not seeing any great value at RB so I might go with the best WR again. This would give me my starting WRs and RBs with a WR Flex. I'm hoping David Johnson is still available a round later so I can back Ellington up.

Through 5 rounds:

Antonio Brown 1.04

Randall Cobb 2.09

DeAndre Hopkins 3.04

Andre Ellington 4.09

Jonathan Stewart 5.04

My current MFL10 I have the 4 spot and am going WR heavy early. I'm not quiet sure what I'm going to do with the 6th pick yet. I don't need a QB or TE yet based on who's available. I'm not seeing any great value at RB so I might go with the best WR again. This would give me my starting WRs and RBs with a WR Flex. I'm hoping David Johnson is still available a round later so I can back Ellington up.

Through 5 rounds:

Antonio Brown 1.04

Randall Cobb 2.09

DeAndre Hopkins 3.04

Andre Ellington 4.09

Jonathan Stewart 5.04
Blount or Abdullah still on the board?

Yeah it seems to average about a pick an hour. But theres always 2-3 jackasses in each draft that regularly go 5+ hours per pick.

My concern is people are excited in beginning and lose interest towards end so if it's an hour per pick pace now I expect it to be a lot worse down the stretch.

BroadwayG said:
I made my own database of all the MFL10s from last year and this year. I've looked at the winners drafts and roster makeups to get a sense of what works and what doesn't for the whole draft strategy. Right now I go in with an optimal lineup of 3/5/7/3/2 for each draft and adjust on the fly.

I have up to the minute ADP and trends for this year as well as my own rankings for the per round strategy.

I most recently check out that winners from last year drafted their QB1 on average at pick 82, and their QB2 at pick 144. 419 out of 946 went with at least a QB3 at 198. Only 21 winners went 4 QBs.

If I take it a step further, I look at the actual win rates for players/positions/rounds etc to see what actually works.

For example, in early drafts (Feb/Mar/Apr) you were better off with 2 DT than 3 DT, mid drafts (May/June) about even win rate, and later drafts (July/Aug) the 3 DT lineups really take off. So I'll be shifting my optimal lineup target in the next few weeks.
I'd love to analyze the drafts of winning teams, where can I find this information? Not very familiar with MFL.

Through 5 rounds:

Antonio Brown 1.04

Randall Cobb 2.09

DeAndre Hopkins 3.04

Andre Ellington 4.09

Jonathan Stewart 5.04
Blount or Abdullah still on the board?
Blount is still available and Abdullah went 46th overall.

My concern is people are excited in beginning and lose interest towards end so if it's an hour per pick pace now I expect it to be a lot worse down the stretch.
This is only my second MFL10 but so far I've notice everyone picks very fast other than 2-3 people. They're the ones who only check the site like once or twice a day. I like to check it multie times a day just to see who's been picked.

When you know you're going to be busy all you have to do is make a list of the players you want and it will pick them automatically if available. Sad to say that half the people are too dumb to use this feature.

In my current draft we actually have one guy that timed out after the first two rounds. He signed up and never once logged in. Wasted 16 hours of our draft. Luckily it's auto picked now.

I've been grabbing Blount in the 6th as an RB3. I like him a lot for my third RB. But I'm also targetting Cadet late (15th round or later) as a 5th or 6th RB.
Every league is different but the earliest Blount has gone in the 5 leagues I'm in is 8.03. You could probably wait a round or maybe even two and still land him.

He went 8.04 (to me) in the FFPC satellite I'm in as well.

Every league is different but the earliest Blount has gone in the 5 leagues I'm in is 8.03. You could probably wait a round or maybe even two and still land him.

He went 8.04 (to me) in the FFPC satellite I'm in as well.
If things go right I may be able to get Blount with my 8.09 pick.

Users who are viewing this thread