What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nelson Agholor, BAL (2 Viewers)

Is anyone starting him this week against the Packers D....and is he worth starting if Alshon is out?

I don't really know a ton about him, but did start him this last sunday with Alshon out..
If Alshon is out, he's going to get the targets. He's shown he can score. Just has to get out of his own head on the drops.

rockaction said:
Guy averages very few points and projects to hit his average. Actually, Rotoworld's blurb points out he averages seven points per game over the past two seasons. You can have that output for all I'm concerned. I'm holding out. The Unicorn is averaging that, and has an upside. He's not the fifth option or so on offense. 
You're not listening or purposely being obtuse...I broke this down but assume out of 26 starts in the last 2 years that about 1/4-1/3 are going to be duds like MOST WRs including the ones on his roster ahead of him on the depth charts...he's not 7 pts a game. 

IN PPR, if you took 125/1600/12TDs over 20 good starts you come up with 6/80/TD is about 50%

Look at his stats the last 2 weeks knowing he was going to get a lot of targets and that will continue for another week or two until the others are back 100%

C'mon, I know he has slippery hands and isn't all that exciting to most owners but for many he has been a great gap until I don't know...Golden Tate returns next week for some of us savvy owners that drafted him...Agholor is more reliable than John Ross at the moment, does more than a whole bunch of WW WRs that have been shuffled on and off rosters.

Insein said:
If Alshon is out, he's going to get the targets. He's shown he can score. Just has to get out of his own head on the drops.
Not for FF he doesn't need to get out of his head. I understand you are Fly Igglz Fly, I'm only interested in the FF angle

He doesn't need to get out of his head, he just needs to be standing upright at the end of his routes and he can miss half his 12 targets and I'll take his production on whatever he is able to hold on to. And I think the reason is I have the upmost confidence in his QB, it's really that simple. KC has a bunch of Agholors running around their WR stable right now parading as front line talent, they don't fool me, the real talent is Mahomes, period. Some QBs you don't ask a lot of questions...Mahomes and Wentz are QBs that will find whatever you throw out there for them to hit. 

I'm calling Eagles on Thursday Night!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not listening or purposely being obtuse...I broke this down but assume out of 26 starts in the last 2 years that about 1/4-1/3 are going to be duds like MOST WRs including the ones on his roster ahead of him on the depth charts...he's not 7 pts a game. 

IN PPR, if you took 125/1600/12TDs over 20 good starts you come up with 6/80/TD is about 50%

Look at his stats the last 2 weeks knowing he was going to get a lot of targets and that will continue for another week or two until the others are back 100%

C'mon, I know he has slippery hands and isn't all that exciting to most owners but for many he has been a great gap until I don't know...Golden Tate returns next week for some of us savvy owners that drafted him...Agholor is more reliable than John Ross at the moment, does more than a whole bunch of WW WRs that have been shuffled on and off rosters.
MOP IS BACK BABY! 

Packers' defense is a bit of a smoke-n-mirrors at this moment.Who've they played? Mitch 'rex grossman' Trubisky, Flacco, Cap't Kirk ,(who has thrown for just 502 yards this season)

Eagles need the W in the worst way. 

Agholor should continue to be the main cog in the WR corps until all others are back and healthy. 

Packers' defense is a bit of a smoke-n-mirrors at this moment.Who've they played? Mitch 'rex grossman' Trubisky, Flacco, Cap't Kirk ,(who has thrown for just 502 yards this season)

Eagles need the W in the worst way. 

Agholor should continue to be the main cog in the WR corps until all others are back and healthy. 
I wouldn't take your foot off the gas now. Alshon is saying he might play but that just helps make things easier for Agholor to operate and drop a pass then catch a couple then drop an easy one and then twist and juke and shimmy his way into the end zone for a TD, and he's in the clubhouse 

Top 20 WR, B2B 20+ pt weeks, only adds to his already impressive stats over the last 2 seasons. 

Are we still firing up Nelson?

"Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Alshon Jeffery (calf) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Packers.

The Eagles have a short turnaround for kick-off against the Packers but hope is Jeffery gets in a full practice on Tuesday. His presence, even at less than 100 percent, would do wonders for an offense that's still reeling from DeSean Jackson's (abdomen) and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside's (heel) absences. Expect Nelson Agholor to stay involved, with Mack Hollins getting run in three-wide sets by default.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 12:54 PM ET"

If you mean making no sense and stomping around here like an elephant on flowers, then yes, it makes perfect sense.

Otherwise, I'm giving it a sideways thumbs. Just like picking up Agholor for anything more than a fill-in, which I don't want or need. 
I'm not sure what any of this means. 

Nelson Agholor was held without a catch on one target in the Eagles' Week 4 win over the Packers.

Beyond brutal. With Carson Wentz struggling to get into rhythm and the Packers comprehensively failing to stop the run, the Eagles attempted only 27 passes. Coming off a mistake-filled Week 3, Agholor was the volume victim. With DeSean Jackson (abdomen) possibly in line to return for Week 5, Agholor's fantasy moment could be ending just as soon as it began.

Most owners know he is feast or famine when he is asked to be a starting WR. 

All players have duds, this one stings for many but most got this guy off the WW in week 1/2, he produced solid results but then he has a dud. All WRs are streaky. 

Anytime one of the starting WRs is OUT, Agholor is still a decent option. Bottom line, this guy is likely a WR5/6 on most rosters except for those who sustained an injury. 

He will still pop up in the box score in the next few weeks and it's the nature of the offense and QB he plays with. 

Nelson Agholor (knee) did not practice Wednesday.

The Eagles' wideout situation is in total disarray. As the default No. 1 wideout last week, Agholor went 4-40 on nine targets. Alshon Jeffery (ankle) was limited Wednesday, only doing individual drills. The lone healthy wideouts for the Eagles are J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Mack Hollins, and Jordan Matthews.

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 2:20 PM ET

Nelson Agholor (knee) is questionable for the Eagles' Week 12 matchup against the Seahawks.

Agholor and Alshon Jeffery (ankle, questionable) are two of just five players with at least five games with eight or more targets and fewer than 50 receiving yards since Week 1 of last season. Carson Wentz and his WRs simply haven't managed to get on the same page for the better part of the last 15 months. Treat Agholor and Jeffery as upside WR4s if active. It'd be shocking if Jordan Matthews plays ahead of Dallas Goedert if Jeffery manages to return.

SOURCE: Eagles on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 4:08 PM ET

Nelson Agholor (questionable, knee) will be a game-time decision for Week 14 against the Giants.

Agholor got in a limited practice Saturday after missing the last two days. He still looks on the wrong side of questionable, but the Eagles will take his status all the way to game-time. Dallas Goedert and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside would see increased targets if Agholor sits.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Dec 7, 2019, 10:51 AM ET

NBC Sports' Derrick Gunn reports Nelson Agholor (knee) won't suit up Monday night against the Giants.

Agholor's absence will likely result in the offense leaning on two-TE sets featuring Dallas Goedert and Zach Ertz. Look for Alshon Jeffery to be joined in three-WR sets by JJ Arcega-Whiteside along with Greg Ward when the Eagles do decide to feature the position. Only Jeffery is in play as a realistic fantasy option. He's played well against the Giants in recent contests, posting 4-56-0, 4-49-1, 8-74-2 and 3-39-0 lines in his last four games against the Eagles' NFC East rival.

SOURCE: Derrick Gunn on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 5:37 PM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Nelson Agholor's Week 15 status is "up in the air".

The Eagles are desperate for receivers right now, especially with Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to miss the season. There's "no guarantee" Agholor plays this week, but he'd be the No. 1 receiver if his knee is cleared up. If he's out once again, Philly will have JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward, and practice squad call ups for Week 15 against the Redskins. To make matters worse, RT Lane Johnson is expected to miss weeks with an ankle injury.

SOURCE: NBC Sports

Dec 10, 2019, 6:31 PM ET

Nelson Agholor (knee) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Alshon Jeffery (foot) was also absent. With Agholor's status officially "up in the air," the Eagles are currently left with J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (hamstring) and AAF alumnus Greg Ward as their only healthy wideouts. In other words, expect the team to call up any of Marken Michel, Robert Davis, and/or Marcus Green from their practice squad mid-week. Agholor should be avoided in the fantasy playoffs even if healthy.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 4:32 PM ET

Nelson Agholor (knee) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.

Barring a return Friday, Agholor appears headed for his third absence in four games. With Alshon Jeffery (foot) also shelved, the Eagles head into Week 15 extremely shorthanded on offense with JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward and practice-squad call-up Robert Davis their only healthy bodies at wide receiver. That trio won't strike much fear into opposing defenses, though it may be enough to get by the lowly Redskins. As usual, expect tight ends Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert to be heavily involved in Philly's passing attack.

SOURCE: Mike Kaye on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 1:55 PM ET

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports free agent Nelson Agholor is "unlikely to return."

Agholor is coming off a down 2019, setting three-year lows in catches (39) and yards (363) while struggling with drops. He also missed five games to a December knee injury. Even with limited receiver depth, the Eagles should move on from Agholor this offseason. Agholor is only 26 and has started 62-of-71 games since entering the league. He should have interest as a reclamation project.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Feb 8, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

The Athletic's Stephen Holder reports impending free agent WR Nelson Agholor has been linked to the Colts this offseason.

It makes sense. Philadelphia isn't expected to retain Agholor and jumping over to the Colts would reunite the 26-year-old free-agent-to-be with Frank Reich and recently hired receivers coach Mike Groh, both who coached Agholor during the Eagles' 2017 Super Bowl run. He underwhelmed with three-year lows in catches (39) and receiving yards (363) over 11 games in 2019 but did previously flourish for career-bests as the team's primary slot wideout under Reich and Groh. The Colts likely view him as a reclamation project capable of pairing from the middle of the field with sophomore Parris Campbell.

RELATED: 

Indianapolis Colts

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

Feb 21, 2020, 12:29 PM ET

Raiders signed WR Nelson Agholor, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Agholor was a disappointment in Philadelphia after being selected with the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, but he can be lightly penciled into the Raiders' starting three-WR sets alongside Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow until the Raiders address the position early in the upcoming draft. Agholor needed a fresh start, and he'll get one with a wide-open depth chart in Las Vegas. Through five seasons, he's averaged 6.7 yards per target with a 59.9% catch rate.

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 21, 2020, 2:56 PM ET

I hadn’t opening this thread since well before the 2017 season.  Guess that just answered my own question about whether I should care about a move from the Eagles to Raiders.   :lmao:

The Athletic's Vic Tafur said Raiders WR Nelson Agholor will "do enough in this offense to make fantasy owners of Henry Ruggs, Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow upset."

If you get upset after drafting Renfrow in a fantasy league, that's on you. The Raiders only gave Agholor a $1 million contract this offseason, so any notable production from him would a surprise to everyone including Las Vegas, especially after the Raiders invested in two receivers in the 2020 NFL Draft. Expect the Raiders to trot out Ruggs and Williams in two-receiver sets with Renfrow joining them in three-receiver sets whenever they don't opt for two tight ends. It is notable that Tafur left out rookie WR Bryan Edwards who has been a popular name in the dark depths of fantasy twitter. Expect Agholor and Edwards to compete for the fourth spot in training camp.

RELATED: 

Bryan Edwards

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Aug 12, 2020, 3:51 PM ET

@Faust Why do you just constantly post links to articles?
Adding relevant content to the player threads from a variety of sources is my way of making a positive contribution to the message boards. Some people play in in 14 and 16 team leagues with larger roster sizes so in this particular case - knowing that Agholor is potentially getting a second lease in life on his fantasy football career could be helpful to some members of the Shark Pool.

I know that if I had Hunter Renfrow or Tyrell Williams on my dynasty roster or had used a rookie draft pick on Henry Ruggs this would be interesting information to me.

Speaking Tuesday, Raiders GM Mike Mayock said Nelson Agholor is "on a mission."

The same is apparently also true of Zay Jones. "They’re in as good a shape as any two players we have on this team," Mayock gushed. "I had a pretty good grade on (Agholor) coming out of USC. I think I know what he is and I think we’re seeing the best of that version of Nellie in camp." Mayock referencing Agholor's draft grade is telling, as GMs often struggle to move on from their initial evaluation when they acquire a prospect they liked from another team. The Athletic's Vic Tafur has forecasted a role for Agholor on offense, though mostly as a spoiler to his more promising teammates. There is zero need to add Agholor to your fliers list. 

RELATED: 

Zay Jones

SOURCE: San Jose Mercury News 

Aug 25, 2020, 3:26 PM ET

Agholor's issue in Philly was always mental, not physical. IF he can get his head right, he can be really good.  Just, outside of one year - never did that here.

Nelson Agholor caught 5-of-9 targets for 107 yards and one score in Las Vegas' Week 7 loss to Tampa Bay.

Agholor was peppered from the team's first drive, bringing in two catches for 48 yards and a touchdown to gift the Raiders a quick 7-0 lead in the first quarter. Derek Carr also found Agholor for a 44-yard gain in the second half. He has accomplished it all in place of Bryan Edwards, but Agholor has now recorded a touchdown in three consecutive games for Las Vegas. As long as Henry Ruggs continues being used solely on downfield fly routes, Agholor is arguably the team's WR1 with the highest weekly floor. He should suddenly be on fantasy radars as a WR4/5 in Week 8 against Cleveland.

- Rotoworld

Could this guy be finally putting it altogether? Could he be a top 24 guy this year and moving forward? He's in a pretty good situation.

Does anyone have a take on this guy? Outside of last week's low scoring affair due to weather, he's been pretty solid recently. Seems off the radar and ranked behind Ruggs by most of the industry. Am I missing something or is he being overlooked?

Does anyone have a take on this guy? Outside of last week's low scoring affair due to weather, he's been pretty solid recently. Seems off the radar and ranked behind Ruggs by most of the industry. Am I missing something or is he being overlooked?
Due to typical Raider issues at WR, he’s getting a lot of snaps.  Carr spreads the ball around so it’s difficult to trust Agholor receiving a decent amount of targets every week.  

Wise Old Owl said:
If I needed a plugin, I would certainly take a chance over many others who are available on the wire.  In some leagues, I roster him and based upon his production (and my losses due to injury/covid), the would easily be my wr3.

Users who are viewing this thread