What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

How easy are they to change the factory set password and firmware on? Because otherwise you might not be the only one watching
I put both of them outside.  One watching the front drive and the other watching the screen porch / pool area.   They aren't inside catching nude images, or recording all of my conversations.  I definitely thought about this as well, but don't think I would have anything too interesting being captured.  I might actually welcome some crowd source viewing to help me catch the small dog pooping in my backyard.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.wyzecam.com/product/wyze-cam/

$19.99 wifi security cam with no monthly fee.  I got two of them.  Easy to set-up, and easy to use software.  Motion sensing, 2 way audio.  It's everything the top of the line ones are without the $9.99 monthly fee.  They store video forn2 weeks, and the camera can also hold a 32gb microsd
I just ordered two of these as well. Figured I'd monitor the front door area from a couple different angles and see how they work. I haven't had porch pirates yet but know they seem to be around the area.

$19.99 wifi security cam with no monthly fee.  I got two of them.  Easy to set-up, and easy to use software.  Motion sensing, 2 way audio.  It's everything the top of the line ones are without the $9.99 monthly fee.  They store video forn2 weeks, and the camera can also hold a 32gb microsd
How are the Indiv cameras powered....wireless with batteries or corded plug in? 

They're pricey, but I recently bought a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 noise-cancelling headphones for travel and the noisy cube farm. (Ended up paying $250 through the Exchange website that veterans can now shop on.)

So comfortable and when I take them off, the air-conditioning system sounds like a jet engine compared to the quiet with them on. Battery life is great, too. Probably wore them six or eight hours this week and it's at 90%.

Have you tried or heard anybody mention if a larger SD card works (even though Wyze says max 32gb)?

Do you know how much cloud storage is included in the 14-day rolling period? Is there a max? Thanks. 

Have you tried or heard anybody mention if a larger SD card works (even though Wyze says max 32gb)?

Do you know how much cloud storage is included in the 14-day rolling period? Is there a max? Thanks. 
Great question.  I was curious too.  Bought 2 32 gb cards for cameras, but I think that’s where you go from HC (32 gb max) to XC (32 gb to 2 tb) and they probably don’t support XC.  Even the Nintendo Switch I bought needed a system update for an XC card.

No idea on Max cloud storage.

my only shop vac gripe and i like them is that at least the one i have has some proprietary fit on the stupid insert swivel wheels so when i had one smash i had to go to all sorts of motha jazz to get a new one instead of just being able to get an el cheapo 99 cent wheel at the farm and barn but other than that those suckers are the best take that to the bank brohans 

No probs?  Specs say "Weather Resistance - Indoor use only".
Often times, that's the plastic not being UV resistant.  I'm planning to install mine under an eave on the north side of the house where the sun doesn't reach often... once it arrives.

Great question.  I was curious too.  Bought 2 32 gb cards for cameras, but I think that’s where you go from HC (32 gb max) to XC (32 gb to 2 tb) and they probably don’t support XC.  Even the Nintendo Switch I bought needed a system update for an XC card.

No idea on Max cloud storage.
Upon further research I see the cloud storage is 12-second clips which take a long time to reset. 6-seconds is recorded before the event so only 6 seconds after. 

The only redeeming thing related to this is if you pull it up on the app live, apparently you can manually snap a photo or record a video at any time. That would be helpful if a burglar ends up stealing the cameras or grabbing your modem. 

From the Wyze FAQ:

What size and kind of microSD cards does the WyzeCam support? How long does an 8GB or 32GB microSD card last for local recording?

The WyzeCam supports the FAT32 file system for microSD cards, and supports microSD cards up to 32GB. We recommend Class 10 for optimal performance.

The video file size will depend on whether your WyzeCam is recording HD or SD video. You can toggle between HD and SD video on the live stream view of your camera.

For HD, the video size is approximately 400MB/hour (~10GB/day).  For SD, the video size is approximately 130MB/hour (3-4GB/day).

Because some storage space is used for formatting the card, a 32GB microSD card will store approximately 2 days of HD video or 7-8 days of SD video. Your WyzeCam will overwrite the oldest footage when it runs out of room on the microSD card.

the only product you need to believe in is the good book brohans take that to the brought to you by the big kahuna upstairs from down under bank bromigos 

How is the night vision quality?  Indoor, only right?

I have a front and back porch so they wouldn't be exposed to the elements directly (worried about the cold weather with the camera though and wind for the integrity)

I have a front and back porch so they wouldn't be exposed to the elements directly (worried about the cold weather with the camera though and wind for the integrity)
I hooked mine up today, set it up outside, and just watched my wife drive in on the night vision.  We'll see how it does outside over time.

I read that the night vision doesn't work through glass.

I'm not sure about cold weather but I'd probably compare it to putting a low end flat screen on your back porch as opposed to a 2-3k "outdoor tv".  If I have to replace it every few years it's still a great value.  

I hooked mine up today, set it up outside, and just watched my wife drive in on the night vision.  We'll see how it does outside over time.

I read that the night vision doesn't work through glass.
This is correct, the motion & night vision won't work through glass.  Night vision seems pretty good especially if there is some good surrounding light.

Does anyone have a recommendation for battery-powered heated gloves?  Not for snowmobiling or anything - just driving.

Bath towels. Talk to me.
Biltmore sold at Belk.  Stay soft, great absorbency...love them.  I’d have to look which ones we have had...cheapest we’re not as soft, IIRC we have like the middle priced ones as I think the more expensive ones while softer...didn’t do as good of a job drying. 

Their high thread count sheets sheets are awesome too.

Biltmore sold at Belk.  Stay soft, great absorbency...love them.  I’d have to look which ones we have had...cheapest we’re not as soft, IIRC we have like the middle priced ones as I think the more expensive ones while softer...didn’t do as good of a job drying. 

Their high thread count sheets sheets are awesome too.
Please look - sounds good, we need some decent towels.  

Coconut oil (extra virgin) - I use this for cooking, as a spread, as a main ingredient for both my deodorant and toothpaste
I always buy Nutiva 

Apple Cider Vinegar - I use this as a supplement everyday to help with GERD, also as a main ingredient for both my deodorant and toothpaste
Bragg is what many people buy, but it's expensive. I usually get the VitaCost brand 

Coconut oil (extra virgin) - I use this for cooking, as a spread, as a main ingredient for both my deodorant and toothpaste
I always buy Nutiva 

Apple Cider Vinegar - I use this as a supplement everyday to help with GERD, also as a main ingredient for both my deodorant and toothpaste
Bragg is what many people buy, but it's expensive. I usually get the VitaCost brand 
Were you able to isolate that the ACV eliminated the GERD?

Were you able to isolate that the ACV eliminated the GERD?
Curious about this as well.  Also how do you take it?  Mixed with water or straight?

@djmich @Poke_4_Life

Just my experience,  so take that into consideration. Can't claim that I know for sure it works based on my own contolled experiment or study.

For a while,  if I felt like I might have a problem, I would have a swig shortly before bed. Now I usually have some before supper unless it can be added to my food, like with salad dressing.

Re: the amount. When take a swig from the bottle,  I'm not sure, but it's probably at least a tbl spoon. Poured on food, it's definitely more like 2 or 3 x, as I'm not particularly careful.

Whenever I drink from the bottle I chase with water which I swish around before swallowing. 

I also take a probiotic daily which may help.

In any case, I no longer take Zantac.

If you try it straight . Be prepared for a real unpleasant experience. 

@djmich @Poke_4_Life

Just my experience,  so take that into consideration. Can't claim that I know for sure it works based on my own contolled experiment or study.

For a while,  if I felt like I might have a problem, I would have a swig shortly before bed. Now I usually have some before supper unless it can be added to my food, like with salad dressing.

Re: the amount. When take a swig from the bottle,  I'm not sure, but it's probably at least a tbl spoon. Poured on food, it's definitely more like 2 or 3 x, as I'm not particularly careful.

Whenever I drink from the bottle I chase with water which I swish around before swallowing. 

Yah I don't think straight is a good idea, believe corrosive to teeth and throat.

@djmich @Poke_4_Life

Thanks.  I've tried it straight.  Its definitely unpleasant but tolerable.  

I may give this a go after the new year.  I'm down to only one med, a GERD prescription.  I'd love to get off that med as well.  My only concern is I travel a ton for work, can't see TSA letting me take a bottle apple cider vinegar on the plane.  I could find some at the destination, but that seems like a PIA.  

Thanks.  I've tried it straight.  Its definitely unpleasant but tolerable.  

I may give this a go after the new year.  I'm down to only one med, a GERD prescription.  I'd love to get off that med as well.  My only concern is I travel a ton for work, can't see TSA letting me take a bottle apple cider vinegar on the plane.  I could find some at the destination, but that seems like a PIA.  
DONT DO STRAIGHT, unless you want your teeth to look like a meth heads mouth. Very corrosive. I do one TBS a day with water. I also use a straw so my teeth aren’t exposed to the acid. As far as travel I believe you can take 6oz on a plane which is 12 TBS. JUST PUT IT IN A SHAMPOO bottle. Don’t use any cider that doesn’t have ‘the mother’ in it either.  

I always buy Nutiva 

What’s your recipe for the deodorant?  I make my own using coconut oil but not vinegar. 

Binky The Doormat said:
Please look - sounds good, we need some decent towels.  
There is nothing on the tags.  I think you’re good whichever you go with from the Biltmore stuff.  Even the really soft less ansobant are still great

What’s your recipe for the deodorant?  I make my own using coconut oil but not vinegar. 
I go by smell and consistency, so I can't say definitely how much of each.

Coconut Oil

Apple Cider Vinegar (maybe 3 tablespoons in a cup?)

Arrowroot Powder

Tea Tree Essential Oil

Sometimes either Peppermint or Lavender Essential Oil for scent

When I remember,  I also add some Diatomaceous Earth (Just realized I forgot this in my last batch)

Thule Force XL Rooftop Box

Easy to secure to rails. Secure. Safe. Opens from either side. Locking. Sleek and sturdy. 
I have one of these and generally really like it.  It's worked on 2 cars so far (Acura RDX and Volvo XC90).  My only issue is that the latches can be a little finicky at times.  Takes some jiggling and hitting to get them to latch.  Other than that, zero complaints and great features.  You can fit a TON of stuff up there.

Users who are viewing this thread