What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (3 Viewers)

Anova nano sous vide

cooking some badass food since I started using this.  Complete game changer.  Turns chuck roast into prime rib
Bought a pair of their pants last year for my Alaska trip and absolutely love them. Wear them now for casual/travel pants whenever I am on a trip.

Problem is now they are a little too loose since I lost about 10 pounds over the past 1.5 months. Good problem to have I guess so maybe I should just order some more!

Senor Schmutzig said:
Anova nano sous vide

cooking some badass food since I started using this.  Complete game changer.  Turns chuck roast into prime rib
Bought a pair of their pants last year for my Alaska trip and absolutely love them. Wear them now for casual/travel pants whenever I am on a trip.

Problem is now they are a little too loose since I lost about 10 pounds over the past 1.5 months. Good problem to have I guess so maybe I should just order some more!
Who knew they had sous vide pants!!! ;)

I’m going to shark tank with this idea
Kevin: There's nothing proprietary about a ball bath!

Lori: Is this a hero or a zero?  All I can see is that you're not working with much there, BLC.

Daymond: Brothers don't hike Alaska.

Barbara: (ogles male models)

Mark: I'm picturing selling them at games, right? Licensing the product, right? Mavs colors, right? Are you from Texas?

Chris Sacca: Uber? Uber! Uber, Uber, Uber.

Robert: Let me try it out! (runs up and excitedly puts it on). Oh, it's wonderful.  I'll make you a deal...

Better than Bouillon for cooking stock...

Use the beef often as a base when making roasts or other beef items in the crock pot...most recently made a chuck roast in there and doubled the broth amount, strained it out well and used it as a au jus for the smoked prime rib at the Super Bowl party I went to (and got a ton of compliments on the au jus).

Chicken for soup bases and gravy bases...most recently as the base for my ramen broth.

Highly recommend.

boots11234 said:
Why u like these?  Im considering however they are spendy.  Thinking sweatshirt or dress/casual shirt to start.  

Sell me on them please.
Quality design, material, and fit. Simply put, I think their quality stands heads and shoulders above most of the outdoor brands you find. Bonus points for appealing design that has more detail than most cookie cutter gear out there.

is this the same thing? A little less $
Looks to be pretty much the same.  Just stay away from the version that Menard's sells, if you have that store near you.  While they look the same, the rubber bristles are more stiff and it doesn't do nearly as good of a job as other brands. 

It simply is the best for pet hair on tile, vinyl and hardwood floors. 

Quality design, material, and fit. Simply put, I think their quality stands heads and shoulders above most of the outdoor brands you find. Bonus points for appealing design that has more detail than most cookie cutter gear out there.
Well on your recommendation I ordered and received 4 shirts.  I have to say, they are extremely nice.  Very comfortable.  For the price they are a good value.  I'm pretty cheap when it comes to clothes and usually buy at Khols.  Wife loved them and when I told them how much they cost she thought it was a great value.

I haven't washed them yet but they are pretty wrinkly do you know how well they pack?  I travel a bit for work and wonder how they look out of a suitcase?

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.  I will be buying some pants from them once I loose some weight.  (fatty here).

https://www.zappos.com/p/salewa-lite-train-quiet-shade-cactus/product/8643440/color/728024

Most comfortable pair of walking/hiking shoes I have ever owned. I have had them for about 6 months and I absolutely love them. A little more than I tend to pay for shoes but these were worth it for me. 

Had never heard of Salewa before I started looking for some shoes for an Alaska/Hawaii trip I was taking where I knew there was going to be a lot of walking.

https://www.zappos.com/p/salewa-lite-train-quiet-shade-cactus/product/8643440/color/728024

Most comfortable pair of walking/hiking shoes I have ever owned. I have had them for about 6 months and I absolutely love them. A little more than I tend to pay for shoes but these were worth it for me. 

Had never heard of Salewa before I started looking for some shoes for an Alaska/Hawaii trip I was taking where I knew there was going to be a lot of walking.
I have a wide foot. How’s the width in these. 

Picked this and the plain (non  hot) one at Wal-Mart ($3.99).  Great stuff.  Had it on some fish tacos tonight.  :thumbup:
it's not available to order via Walmart currently ...my wife found it at a place called Drug Emporium - it's one of those big health food stores - they have everything you typically have to get online and a very large refrigerated section of all kinds of health foods, kombucha, liquid vitamins, etc.  great condiment section too.  Hope they don't run out.    

I'm almost a year in on my Balroy wallet - LOVE the thing.  Absolutely love.  It's about 2/3 the size of my old wallet.  I can comfortably put it in my back pocket, front pocket, or jacket pocket.  I had to consciously cut down to about 12 cards, but I have yet to feel like I was missing something when I needed it.  Biggest change is going from having cash easily accessible to having it tri-folded and tucked away.  Truth is, I use cash maybe once or twice a month tops, and $60 will last me a few months, so it wasn't that big of a deal. 

I ran it though the washing machine by accident - it got really dry and stiff.  I put some otter wax leather salve on it and let it sit overnight and it was as good as new.

REI brand gear

Decently priced. Have had good luck with the quality. Have a backpack, travel wheel duffel, some gloves, various camping gear of theirs.
Anyone have a good recommendation for a sleeping pad / air mattress for camping?  The catch is I only go 2x a year with the cub scouts, so I don't care as much about it being lightweight / compact since I'll just be wheeling it in a cart from the car to the campsite, more interested in something comfortable for a good night's sleep without being obnoxiously large.  

Anyone have a good recommendation for a sleeping pad / air mattress for camping?  The catch is I only go 2x a year with the cub scouts, so I don't care as much about it being lightweight / compact since I'll just be wheeling it in a cart from the car to the campsite, more interested in something comfortable for a good night's sleep without being obnoxiously large.  
I have used the roll up non-inflatable pads and this one. The air / blowup one was more comfy. They roll up compactly so size won't be an issue with car camping for sure.

If you have an REI near you I'd go down there and try them out. They'll have a ton of options there in store that you can try out and see which one you like the best. They are more geared towards backpacking pads there I think but you can lay on them and get an idea of comfort and see if you want to go bigger.

My wife and I each have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Define-Essentials-Windproof-Umbrella-Coating/dp/B0778VQ6K1/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=umbrella&qid=1551224312&s=gateway&sr=8-12

Has been good for me so far. 9 months of use. I travel with it every single week.
:goodposting: I bought this recently and have used it a couple of times so far.  It's a very good umbrella, especially for the price.

About 5 years ago I was going to a job interview and it had just started raining after I got off the subway.  I didn't have an umbrella with me and had about a 10 minute walk ahead of me, so I bought one from one of those Hudson News stores since it was right there.  That POS umbrella cost about the same as this one and there's a world of difference in quality.

I've never gotten into "air purifiers" or ionizers or anything, but my wife wanted to get something, so I did the research and picked up a couple of these while they're on sale - they were rated by a number of organizations as the best air purifier of 2018.

All I can say is "wow."  My whole house feels and smells different.  In a good way.  If you put them on auto mode, they kick in when they sense a change in air quality - my dog set one on "high" by farting in my bedroom yesterday, which was both hilarious and very helpful.

I've never gotten into "air purifiers" or ionizers or anything, but my wife wanted to get something, so I did the research and picked up a couple of these while they're on sale - they were rated by a number of organizations as the best air purifier of 2018.

All I can say is "wow."  My whole house feels and smells different.  In a good way.  If you put them on auto mode, they kick in when they sense a change in air quality - my dog set one on "high" by farting in my bedroom yesterday, which was both hilarious and very helpful.
Have you replaced filter yet?  About how long did it last?  

Have you replaced filter yet?  About how long did it last?  
Just got them very recently, so no.  It's a three-step filter - there's an outer washable one (I intend to wash once a month or so) a charcoal filter that needs to be replaced every six months and a HEPA filter that lasts one year.  The filter replacements are sold in a pack of 1-HEPA and 2-charcoal for $45.

Edit: the purifier lets you know every six months to replace the charcoal and every year to replace the HEPA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got them very recently, so no.  It's a three-step filter - there's an outer washable one (I intend to wash once a month or so) a charcoal filter that needs to be replaced every six months and a HEPA filter that lasts one year.  The filter replacements are sold in a pack of 1-HEPA and 2-charcoal for $45.

Edit: the purifier lets you know every six months to replace the charcoal and every year to replace the HEPA.
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot for home office

Users who are viewing this thread