What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (4 Viewers)

Every player from Fitz down is a reach there. Whether its 1 rd or 2, none are values. And STL in rd 12 is an egregious reach. Not sure how u don't see that but ok.
Given Sea, Hou and Buff were drafted just before that, I do not see picking up a top 5 D as a reach in the 12th....but that's the beauty of this....everyone sees things differently!

Every player from Fitz down is a reach there. Whether its 1 rd or 2, none are values. And STL in rd 12 is an egregious reach. Not sure how u don't see that but ok.
Given Sea, Hou and Buff were drafted just before that, I do not see picking up a top 5 D as a reach in the 12th....but that's the beauty of this....everyone sees things differently!
Defenses are so unpredictable. Just pick one in the last round.

No they are not....coming from a Sea fan this is hilarious. Just look at the D talent on St Louis, Hous, Sea and Bills and maybe Jets and you know they all are going to be top 10....most of them top 5 when it is all said and done. St Louis D was terrorizing in the 2nd half of last year....that DL is so loaded with talent. But like I said to each one their own....I will take the edge my D will provide against a last round D all day long. This is a game of minor edges....everyone counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they are not....coming from a Sea fan this is hilarious. Just look at the D talent on St Louis, Hous, Sea and Bills and maybe Jets and you know they all are going to be top 10....most of them top 5 when it is all said and done. St Louis D was terrorizing in the 2nd half of last year....that DL is so loaded with talent. But like I said to each one their own....I will take the edge my D will provide against a last round D all day long. This is a game of minor edges....everyone counts.
Fantasy D =/= real life D

Hawks D was great IRL last year but not as n fantasy

No they are not....coming from a Sea fan this is hilarious. Just look at the D talent on St Louis, Hous, Sea and Bills and maybe Jets and you know they all are going to be top 10....
Oh my.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

11-hole:

Brady (12), Bradford (18), Sanchez (19)

Lacy (1), Foster (2), Spiller (3), D Martin (8), Sims (9), Blue (14), Starks (15)

K Benjamin (4), M Bryant (5), A Robinson (6), Agholor (7), Funchess (16)

Daniels (10), Eifert (11), R Rodgers (13)

CIN, Hauschka

Clearly didn't plan on 3 QBs, but couldn't risk Brady and Bradford potentially being out week 1, and Sanchez wasn't unreasonable in the 19th vs a flyer WR or TE. Otherwise, like the club, RBs are rock solid and WR corps has upside. TEs all have the same bye which needs to be solved later.

Overall, very solid team. Keep in mind that they made a change this year where they have a waiver period prior to week 1 so you don't really need to go with 3 QBs. Strong core of RB's and lots of upside with your WR's. TE's are not great but hopefully for you one of them will emerge as they all have some upside possibility. Overall, team should definitely compete. Nice work!

Pretty blah team really. That's the 1st word that comes to mind. Really don't like the Gio pick at 3.10/4.3. Either one, it's too high for him and there had to be better options at that point.

Team looks to be average to me, if not below avg

Pretty blah team really. That's the 1st word that comes to mind. Really don't like the Gio pick at 3.10/4.3. Either one, it's too high for him and there had to be better options at that point.

Team looks to be average to me, if not below avg
took Gio at 5.10 actually

OBJ 1, Lynch 2, Kelce 3, K Allen 4, Gio 5, DJax 6, Peyton 7, Fitz 8, Blount 9, Woodhead 10, Sims 11, Donnell 12, Funchess 13, Bills 14, Fleener 15, etc....

OBJ 1, Lynch 2, Kelce 3, K Allen 4, Gio 5, DJax 6, Peyton 7, Fitz 8, Blount 9, Woodhead 10, Sims 11, Donnell 12, Funchess 13, Bills 14, Fleener 15, etc....
Ok then the Allen pick is what stands out then. Too high for me. Also the gap in RB from 4.3-5.10 is alot steeper then the WR gap. Without knowing which RB's where there at 4.3, (assuming the Ellington/Gordon/Murray crowd) I would have taken one there and then WR at the 5.10 pick.

Ok then the Allen pick is what stands out then. Too high for me. Also the gap in RB from 4.3-5.10 is alot steeper then the WR gap. Without knowing which RB's where there at 4.3, (assuming the Ellington/Gordon/Murray crowd) I would have taken one there and then WR at the 5.10 pick.
yeah I hear you, Ellington, Gordon, Miller, Gore, Hyde were all gone before 4.3 but I could've gone Spiller, A Morris, Ingram, Gurley, Randle, L Murray, Ingram or Yeldon at 4.3. all those backs went between 4.4 and 5.9. I admit I'm probably higher on Allen than most I have him at wr 16

From the 7th spot (shockingly both OBJ and Bell fell to me since Eddie Lacy and Dez went in the top 6....took me a while but I finally went with Bell):

QB: Brady (9); Stafford (10)

RB: Leveon Bell (1); Foster (2); Ingram (3); Reggie Bush (11); De Angelo Williams (13)

WR: Kelvin Benjamin (4); Brandon Marshall (5); La Fell (6); Larry Fitz (8); Harvin (14); Cordarelle Patterson (18)

TE: Julius Thomas (7); Cook (15); Niles Paul (16); Jacob Tamme (20)

K: Hauschka (19)

D: Rams (12); Green Bay (17)

Fire away.... of course not having Bell initial weeks is where I hope I can survive....love my QB combo. Foster staying healthy is the key
The draft fell nicely to you here in the 7 hole.. I loved your first 5 picks and then thought you missed a lot of value that was on the board... Again I am in this draft with you so it will be interesting to see how these leagues play out. I really liked my team after the draft but in 2 months who knows..

Good Luck
Just curious Coots - which picks you do not consider as value out of:

6th - Lafell

7th - JThom

8th - Fitz

9th and 10th - QB combo both of whom could finish in top 10 and almost a guarantee one of them will be in PPG (given Tom will miss some games, it is possible only a top 10 finish in PPG for him)

11th - Bush

12th - Rams

I do not see any of the above as reaches....these picks are within a round at best of their ADP in most drafts in this format. Maybe you like different players at the spot? Like Wallace instead of Fitz maybe?
Just thought you left better players on the board for sure during those middle rounds.. Specifically 6, 8, I could live with the rest of them.. QBs were great for were you picked them, not sure why anyone wouldn't like that combo. Overall a very nice team though that has lots of potential...

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

11-hole:

Brady (12), Bradford (18), Sanchez (19)

Lacy (1), Foster (2), Spiller (3), D Martin (8), Sims (9), Blue (14), Starks (15)

K Benjamin (4), M Bryant (5), A Robinson (6), Agholor (7), Funchess (16)

Daniels (10), Eifert (11), R Rodgers (13)

CIN, Hauschka

Clearly didn't plan on 3 QBs, but couldn't risk Brady and Bradford potentially being out week 1, and Sanchez wasn't unreasonable in the 19th vs a flyer WR or TE. Otherwise, like the club, RBs are rock solid and WR corps has upside. TEs all have the same bye which needs to be solved later.

Overall, very solid team. Keep in mind that they made a change this year where they have a waiver period prior to week 1 so you don't really need to go with 3 QBs. Strong core of RB's and lots of upside with your WR's. TE's are not great but hopefully for you one of them will emerge as they all have some upside possibility. Overall, team should definitely compete. Nice work!
I like this team a lot... Good Luck... They may have a wire period before the season but if Sanchez is the starter he would have to pay big money for him before the season even starts.. Smart move as far as I'm concerned

From the 7th spot (shockingly both OBJ and Bell fell to me since Eddie Lacy and Dez went in the top 6....took me a while but I finally went with Bell):

QB: Brady (9); Stafford (10)

RB: Leveon Bell (1); Foster (2); Ingram (3); Reggie Bush (11); De Angelo Williams (13)

WR: Kelvin Benjamin (4); Brandon Marshall (5); La Fell (6); Larry Fitz (8); Harvin (14); Cordarelle Patterson (18)

TE: Julius Thomas (7); Cook (15); Niles Paul (16); Jacob Tamme (20)

K: Hauschka (19)

D: Rams (12); Green Bay (17)

Fire away.... of course not having Bell initial weeks is where I hope I can survive....love my QB combo. Foster staying healthy is the key
The draft fell nicely to you here in the 7 hole.. I loved your first 5 picks and then thought you missed a lot of value that was on the board... Again I am in this draft with you so it will be interesting to see how these leagues play out. I really liked my team after the draft but in 2 months who knows..

Good Luck
Just curious Coots - which picks you do not consider as value out of:

6th - Lafell

7th - JThom

8th - Fitz

9th and 10th - QB combo both of whom could finish in top 10 and almost a guarantee one of them will be in PPG (given Tom will miss some games, it is possible only a top 10 finish in PPG for him)

11th - Bush

12th - Rams

I do not see any of the above as reaches....these picks are within a round at best of their ADP in most drafts in this format. Maybe you like different players at the spot? Like Wallace instead of Fitz maybe?
Just thought you left better players on the board for sure during those middle rounds.. Specifically 6, 8, I could live with the rest of them.. QBs were great for were you picked them, not sure why anyone wouldn't like that combo. Overall a very nice team though that has lots of potential...
Allen went in the 3rd round of my draft yesterday so he seems to be creeping up the boards

Here's one I did yesterday

Ryan, Kaepernick

AP, CJ Anderson, Abduallah, T. Coleman, C. Simms, T. Riddick, D. Robinson

Cooks, Benjamin, A. Cooper, D. Parker, E. Royal, Green Beckham, Hurns

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

WRs are young but I like the star power here...

Added one the other night. Extremely tough draft and first time starting towards the very end.

QB- Romo, Bridgewater

RB- Lynch, Foster, Miller, Cobb, Jones, Ridley

WR- Edelman, VJax, Garcon, Perriman, Britt, Funchess, Patterson

TE- Cameron, Rudolph, Paul

Parkey, Browns

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

Very nice draft. Strength all around. Not that hot on the TEs but you more than make up for it with the rest of the team.

Added one the other night. Extremely tough draft and first time starting towards the very end.

QB- Romo, Bridgewater

RB- Lynch, Foster, Miller, Cobb, Jones, Ridley

WR- Edelman, VJax, Garcon, Perriman, Britt, Funchess, Patterson

TE- Cameron, Rudolph, Paul

Parkey, Browns
Love you're RBs for sure... Not a huge fan of your WRs and you could struggle early on without Brady throwing to Edelman. Wish you had one more in that group..

I had pick 12 the other night and it is the only draft that I am really unhappy with.. I just couldn't get anything going at all. Hope I don't get that pick too often.. Anyone else having trouble putting a team together from a certain spot??

Similar start from the 11

QB: Philip Rivers, RGIII

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Jonathan Stewart, Rashad Jennings, Chris Ivory, Cameron Artis-Payne, Robert Turbin

WR: Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, John Brown, Kenny Stills, Rueben Randle

TE: Travis Kelce, Greg Olsen, Rob Housler

PK: Adam Vinatieri

TD: Arizona Cardinals

Coots or anyone else, would love to hear some feedback..

From the 2 hole:

QB: Brees (7), Cutler (18)

RB: L. Murray (4), JStew (5), Jennings (6), Sims (9), Cobb (10), Andre Will (15), Rice (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), Jeffery (3), M. Floyd (8), John Brown (11), Quick (12), Dorsett (14), Crabtree (16)

TE: Graham (2), Vernon D (13)

K: Bailey (19)

Def: NYJ (17)

From the 2 hole:

RB: L. Murray (4), JStew (5), Jennings (6), Sims (9), Cobb (10), Andre Will (15), Rice (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), Jeffery (3), M. Floyd (8), John Brown (11), Quick (12), Dorsett (14), Crabtree (16)

Definitely not what I would do from the 2 hole.....

In saying that overall it isn't bad. I like your back end players and think you have a chance to hit with one of your RBs. Think you could still struggle a little with your WRs, which is ironic because you like to build your teams with WRs first... Just think you waited too long to get that 3rd one..

From the 2 hole:

Definitely not what I would do from the 2 hole.....

In saying that overall it isn't bad. I like your back end players and think you have a chance to hit with one of your RBs. Think you could still struggle a little with your WRs, which is ironic because you like to build your teams with WRs first... Just think you waited too long to get that 3rd one..
Interesting. And usually I do go heavy WR early and often. In this case, I thought the Brown/Jeffery pairing gave me the luxury of waiting a bit at WR. The 2 of them combined should net ~ 550 Pts. Also I like 1 of Floyd/Brown to hit. Agree it's a bit top heavy at WR.

There were decent options at 7.2 but I couldn't pass on Brees there.

Appreciate the feedback

This is the best time of the year.. Everyone is optimistic about their teams and their chances.. We can analyze all we want but no one will know till after the season who was right and who was wrong with their picks.. It's like the NFL draft and all the analysts that try to tell us who the winners and losers were of the draft.. You don't really know until a few years down the road ... Everyone has their own strategy and some work while others won't.. Anyway, everyone enjoy your drafts and good fortune to all..

Here's the first draft i did last Friday out of the 12 spot

QB: Newton Stafford

RB: Miller Ellington Martin Cobb Gray Cunningham

Wr: Calvin Jordy Colston Cruz Funchess Sanu Hardy

TE: Julias Reed Cook

K: Gostkowski

D: Packers

10-hole:

Romo (11), Palmer (16)

J Randle (5), Jennings (6), Crowell (7), Duke Johnson (8), Mason (9), McFadden (10), CJ2K (20)

Julio Jones (1), J Nelson (2), D Hopkins (3), A Johnson (4), Funchess (14), Dorsett (15)

V Davis (12), R Rodgers (13), Gresham (18)

CLE, Hauschka

Fire away...

10-hole:

Romo (11), Palmer (16)

J Randle (5), Jennings (6), Crowell (7), Duke Johnson (8), Mason (9), McFadden (10), CJ2K (20)

Julio Jones (1), J Nelson (2), D Hopkins (3), A Johnson (4), Funchess (14), Dorsett (15)

CLE, Hauschka

Fire away...
You are going to need a lot of luck....those RBs and TEs are terrible. If Dallas and Cleve go RBBC like they are supposed to, you are dead

Did my 3rd draft today...got the 6 hole again. Have had 6, 7 and 6 in all 3 of my drafts....fire away. Intentionally took Cutler and Dalton to play match ups first 4 weeks. Was stoked to get TY in 3rd; Bills-Texans combo and to get Blue to cuff against any Foster issues

QB: Brady (11) Cutler (14) Dalton (18)

RB: Bell(1); Foster (2); Ingram (4); Doug Martin (8); Blue (12); Herron (17)

WR: TY Hilton (3); Roddy White (5); Mike Wallace (7); Torrey Smith (10); Britt (16); Cordarelle Patterson (20)

TE: Julius Thomas (6); Owen Daniels (9)

D: Bills (13); Texans (15)

K: Crosby (19)

10-hole:

Romo (11), Palmer (16)

CLE, Hauschka

Fire away...
I was in this draft with you.. Loved your start but would of went different directions after the first 4 picks... If you can hit on some RBs those WRs will carry you.. Will be interesting to see how it plays out..

Guy took Brees at 1.3 in this draft by the way... lol

Did my 3rd draft today...got the 6 hole again. Have had 6, 7 and 6 in all 3 of my drafts....fire away. Intentionally took Cutler and Dalton to play match ups first 4 weeks. Was stoked to get TY in 3rd; Bills-Texans combo and to get Blue to cuff against any Foster issues

WR: TY Hilton (3); Roddy White (5); Mike Wallace (7); Torrey Smith (10); Britt (16); Cordarelle Patterson (20)

How lucky are you, I love those middle picks...

Overall I like it, should be a playoff team...

10-hole:

Romo (11), Palmer (16)

CLE, Hauschka

Fire away...
Really trying to make sense with that Andre J pick in rd 4. Don't get it. Especially picking at 4.3 where u have to wait another 20 picks to pick your 1st RB. Randle would look alot better as your RB2. Maybe if it were a WR that you couldn't pass on there, I can see it. But Andre isn't even a value in that spot. Think u missed the boat there.

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

Very nice draft. Strength all around. Not that hot on the TEs but you more than make up for it with the rest of the team
How did you get AP, CJ, Cooks and Benjamin? That appears to be impossible in PPR.

Yeah Hilton should not be availale, especially if you went Bell and Foster. Though I see in FPPC where you can only make a few moves but in other leagues I doubt HIlton is available like that.

Thank you Coots....I was definitely thrilled a lot with some of the value that fell to me. I almost picked Ingram in the 3rd but decided TY was too good of a value pick there and then Ingram comes back to me in the 4th. Same with Owen Daniels who I almost picked in the 7th or 8th and then I get him in the 9th.

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

Very nice draft. Strength all around. Not that hot on the TEs but you more than make up for it with the rest of the team
How did you get AP, CJ, Cooks and Benjamin? That appears to be impossible in PPR.
That was the latest I have seen Anderson fall in any draft this year.. Just lucky I guess.. Benjamin falls to that spot in the 4th sometimes, I have got him at 4.9 twice this year.. I think that is great value for him but he still needs to perform...

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

That was the latest I have seen Anderson fall in any draft this year.. Just lucky I guess.. Benjamin falls to that spot in the 4th sometimes, I have got him at 4.9 twice this year.. I think that is great value for him but he still needs to perform...
Obviously love the AP and CJ picks, and Cooks and Benjamin, but after that there are too many question marks because the rest of the roster (outside QB) is completely un proven. Hill is supposed to be in a TEBC, you need at least 2 out of ASJ, Abdullah, Parker and Tevin Coleman to break through right from the start of the season. Good luck! Definitely has upside but if ASJ, Hill, Abdullah, Coleman, Cooper, Parker start slow and/or are inconsistent which is very possible given none of them are established and are either rookies (Cooper/Coleman/Abdullah/Parker) or have rookie QB in ASJ's case or have no proven production (Hill). The rest of the guys are just situational players - Simms, Riddick, DRob and you will have to get very lucky with injuries to starters to have any production there worth starting. All in all, again, a lot of players on this roster have no proven track record....not the kind of team I am comfortable with....Gildz probably loves it though since he likes the boom or bust model :)

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

Obviously love the AP and CJ picks, and Cooks and Benjamin, but after that there are too many question marks because the rest of the roster (outside QB) is completely un proven. Hill is supposed to be in a TEBC, you need at least 2 out of ASJ, Abdullah, Parker and Tevin Coleman to break through right from the start of the season. Good luck! Definitely has upside but if ASJ, Hill, Abdullah, Coleman, Cooper, Parker start slow and/or are inconsistent which is very possible given none of them are established and are either rookies (Cooper/Coleman/Abdullah/Parker) or have rookie QB in ASJ's case or have no proven production (Hill). The rest of the guys are just situational players - Simms, Riddick, DRob and you will have to get very lucky with injuries to starters to have any production there worth starting. All in all, again, a lot of players on this roster have no proven track record....not the kind of team I am comfortable with....Gildz probably loves it though since he likes the boom or bust model :)
I had a huge write-up explaining these items but didn't want to give away too much info...

I only need one break out though as Cooper is locked and loaded as a Flex every week..

Coots said:
Sweetness_34 said:
Coots said:

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

I had a huge write-up explaining these items but didn't want to give away too much info...

I only need one break out though as Cooper is locked and loaded as a Flex every week..
What pick did you have?

Coots said:
Sweetness_34 said:
Coots said:

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

What pick did you have?
Pick 4

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

AP is like the grandpa with this bunch. This might be the youngest team drafted in the entire tournament. I like it tho. 1 of those 3 backs will hit. At least you would figure that. Add Cooper in, you should be fine with flexes. After Cooper tho, don't see much depth. Don't think any of those guys are in good situations. Maybe Royal but come on, it's Eddie Royal. I actually prefer ASJ to Hill this year but both should be at the very least, servicable. I do think this team could get off to a slow start. Takes some time for rookies to adjust and u have 48 of them. Having said that, I can see this squad contending for a playoff birth end of yr

Ryan, Kaepernick

Hill, Sefarian Jenkins

Buffalo, Bullock

AP is like the grandpa with this bunch. This might be the youngest team drafted in the entire tournament. I like it tho. 1 of those 3 backs will hit. At least you would figure that. Add Cooper in, you should be fine with flexes. After Cooper tho, don't see much depth. Don't think any of those guys are in good situations. Maybe Royal but come on, it's Eddie Royal. I actually prefer ASJ to Hill this year but both should be at the very least, servicable. I do think this team could get off to a slow start. Takes some time for rookies to adjust and u have 48 of them. Having said that, I can see this squad contending for a playoff birth end of yr
Teams like this can win the whole thing... Taking R. White in the 5th isn't going to win the whole thing... Plus I should be able to get in the playoffs with decent in season management anyway.. If I am a horrible coach then I could struggle... I think Simms wins the job and is the starter in Tampa anyway...

Here is a similar team to yours.

Brees, Dalton

AP, Hill, Ingram, Simms, White, K. Robinson

Cooks, Marshall, Robinson, Agholor, Perriman, Crabtree

Hill, Daniels, V. Davis

Houston/Green Bay

Carpenter

Coots said:
Here is a similar team to yours.

Brees, Dalton

AP, Hill, Ingram, Simms, White, K. Robinson

Cooks, Marshall, Robinson, Agholor, Perriman, Crabtree

Hill, Daniels, V. Davis

Houston/Green Bay

Carpenter
Solid club. Depth/upside at WR despite going big RB early. I don't love Hill as TE1, but you'll find good production with those 3. Nice job, on paper and in July, this club will compete..

Out of curiosity, what was the order of the picks? Something like AP (1), Hill (2), Cooks (3), Ingram (4), Marshall (5), Robinson (6), Agholor (7), Brees (8)? Some value there...

10-hole:

Romo (11), Palmer (16)

CLE, Hauschka

Fire away..
I think balance is key. My strategy is to take 2 WR's in first 3 picks. There are sleepers that are upside WRs later on that can slot in as your 3rd WR or flex.

Draft my first team a week or two ago.

Eli (11), Bradford (14)

CJ Anderson (2), Ellington (4), Abdullah (6), Joique (8), Hillman (16), Khiry (17), Bradshaw (19)

Beckham (1), Hilton (3), A.Cooper (5), Roddy (7), John Brown (10), Latimer (12), E.Royal (15), P.Dorsett (18)

D.Walker (9) ASJ (13),

Barth (20)

None

Just finished my first draft of the year (from the 2 spot). I'm grading myself somewhere between craptacular and WTF?!?! :)

QB - Cam, Bradford

RB - Bell, Yeldon, Doug Martin, Ajayi, Cam Artis-Payne, Denard Robinson, Josh Robinson

WR - Jeffrey, Evans, Cooper, Charles Johnson, John Brown, Kenny Britt, Marqise Lee

TE - Ladarius Green, Ebron

10-hole, same draft as Longtucky above..

WIlson (7), Cutler (17)

CJ Anderson (2), Spiller (3), L Miller (4), Morris (5), M Jones (13), K Robinson (19), Starks (20)

D Bryant (1), A Robinson (6), Lafell (8), Steve Smith (9), K White (12), Harvin (14)

Eifert (10), Gates (11), Tamme (15)

PHI, Vinatieri

Users who are viewing this thread