What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Team 3 from the 9 spot

Brady Palmer

Demarco Ellington Melvin Gordon Abdullah Blue Oliver

Demaryius Cooper Colston Charles Johnson Funchess Marvin Jones Green- Beckham Wilson

Julias Thomas Donnell

Bryant

Arizona

Seems dead so I will throw another one up..

C. Newton, T. Brady

J. Charles, J. Hill, L. Blount, C. Simms, J. Allen, T. Riddick, D. Robinson, T. Cadet

Cooks, E. Sanders, B. Marshall, A. Robinson, N. Agholor

J. Hill, O. Daniels, L. Green

Greenbay, Carpenter

Overall I like it, plenty of depth with star power still...

Team 3 from the 9 spot

Brady Palmer

Demarco Ellington Melvin Gordon Abdullah Blue Oliver

Demaryius Cooper Colston Charles Johnson Funchess Marvin Jones Green- Beckham Wilson

Julias Thomas Donnell

Bryant

Arizona
I like it, overall pretty strong

Palmer/Mariotta

Ellington/Randle/Mason/Woodhead/JWhite/Herron/HIllman

Julio/Evans/Landry/Charles J/Stevie/Lockett

Walker/Maxx/Clay

Tucker

Jets

C. Newton, T. Brady

J. Charles, J. Hill, L. Blount, C. Simms, J. Allen, T. Riddick, D. Robinson, T. Cadet

Greenbay, Carpenter

Solid, I think Sanders is going to regress quite a bit and not really a WR 2 I would target. I think that by getting Allen Robinson and Agholor you got lucky. You got Newton, Agholor and Robinson in rounds 6 to 8 and that is not going to happen generally.

7-pick

QB - Brady, Kaepernick, RG III

RB - Randle, Hyde, T Coleman, D Freeman, K Davis, Denard

WR - Beckham, Cobb, Cooks, M Floyd, Garcon, Stills

TE - Ebron, Fleener, V Green
RBs are subpar unless Randle goes high end RB 2 or better. Also Hyde is not really a RB 2 you should target as he could do poorly. Ebron as your TE is tough, you waited too long on TE.

C. Newton, T. Brady

Greenbay, Carpenter

Solid, I think Sanders is going to regress quite a bit and not really a WR 2 I would target. I think that by getting Allen Robinson and Agholor you got lucky. You got Newton, Agholor and Robinson in rounds 6 to 8 and that is not going to happen generally.
I agree on Sanders but at the end of round 4 there is not a better option IMO... He will easily outplay anyone else that gets taken around that position of the draft for WRs.. At some point you have to take the value that is giving...

C. Newton, T. Brady

Greenbay, Carpenter

I agree on Sanders but at the end of round 4 there is not a better option IMO... He will easily outplay anyone else that gets taken around that position of the draft for WRs.. At some point you have to take the value that is giving...
I agree, though it really depends on who was left. It does seem a lot of people are waiting on TE and I agree it can be a good strategy. Though I don't really like waiting too long and taking guys like Hill/Eifert.

I absolutely love the hate for Sanders that seems to be spreading. Sanders was a WR1 last year. Thomas has proven to not be fresh (I know its early in training camp), Welker and Julius Thomas are gone and as much as I like Anderson he did slow down late. Do I think he regresses a bit sure but I bet he will still be a low-end WR1 (yes, WR 1) at the end of the year for fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:

C. Newton, T. Brady

Greenbay, Carpenter

I agree, though it really depends on who was left. It does seem a lot of people are waiting on TE and I agree it can be a good strategy. Though I don't really like waiting too long and taking guys like Hill/Eifert.
I think one of those 2 could end up being a top 5 guy this year.... Once preseason starts we will find out..

I absolutely love the hate for Sanders that seems to be spreading. Sanders was a WR1 last year. Thomas has proven to not be fresh (I know its early in training camp), Welker and Julius Thomas are gone and as much as I like Anderson he did slow down late. Do I think he regresses a bit sure but I bet he will still be a low-end WR1 (yes, WR 1) at the end of the year for fantasy.
I don't see it personally. So Anderson slowed down late but Sanders didnt? The last 6 weeks counting the playoff game, Sanders averaged 5 rec/ 61 yds. I realize manning was terrible down the stretch, but still he wasn't close to a WR1 those last 6 weeks. And what is Manning this year? His arm strength looked so depleted, it's scary. Frankly I'm scared of Demaryius also. But his floor is still way higher then Emmanuel's.

Then factor in Kubiaks insanely RB-friendly system, his offenses never cater to 2 stud WR's. I don't think Sanders comes anywhere remotely close to last year. But I do think he'll be flex worthy. Something like 75+ rec, 1k yds, 8 td's IMO.

End of 4th/5th rd is where he should be going in my opinion.

I did this one last night.. I'm gonna take a week off now and kind of see how the first week of camp goes.. Have my early teams set and then the ADP will start to change drastically.

Romo, Stafford

CJ Anderson, CJ Spiller, A. Morris, A. Abdullah, J. Bell

D. Bryant, A. Johnson, R. White, K. Wright, S. Johnson, D. Bowe, A. Hurns

T. Eifert, A. Gates, R. Housler

Bills/Rams
Two defenses that were probably selected fairly early.....interesting.
Not really, defenses fell in this one.. Late 15 and 17th round is all.. Why not at that point and I like having a good defense as that can make a big difference week to week.
Killer team. I love everything about it. How much you want for the rights?!

C. Newton, T. Brady

Greenbay, Carpenter

I think one of those 2 could end up being a top 5 guy this year.... Once preseason starts we will find out..
I doubt that. You have Bennett, Olsen, Graham, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz and Cameron. If Ertz gets more usage and Cameron stays healthy it will be tough for any other TE to get into the top 7. Only if Hill get used like a magnet could he get into top 5 but NO may not get many red zone chances for receivers.

Sorry to the early foster owners:

ESPN's Tania Ganguli reports Arian Foster's groin injury is "significant," and could require surgery.

Houston radio host Jayson Braddock reports Foster is a candidate for injured reserve/designated to return. That would keep Foster out until Week 10. Foster is no stranger to groin issues, missing two games with one in 2014. Foster remained one of the league's best backs last season, but soft-tissue injuries have begun to take their toll. He's having more and more trouble staying on the field. Alfred Blue was Foster's 2014 backup, but must hold off Jonathan Grimes, Chris Polk and Kenny Hilliard for the duties this season. It's a competition that will be settled on the field in the preseason.

1st pick

QB - Kaepernick, RG III

RB - Bell, J-Stew, Morris, Blount, Bush, DeAngelo, West

WR - Evans, Jeffery, Maclin, S Smith, T Williams

TE - Hill, Reed, Ebron, Max Will

4th pick

QB - Bradford, Kaepernick, RG III

RB - McCoy, Gore, J-Stew, Yeldon, Gio, Denard

WR - Brown, Maclin, T Smith, Garcon, T Williams, Wheaton, Lockett

TE - Clay, Amaro

prgromek said:
1st pick

QB - Kaepernick, RG III

4th pick

TE - Clay, Amaro
TE is poor. You are banking on Bradford staying healthy which can be tough. I think you should have tried getting better QB/TE instead of going for a lot of RB depth. It isn't a balanced team. Maclin is probably only going to be a low end WR 2 and while Torrey Smith finished top 25, I am not sure about him. Garcon could be good as your WR 3.

C. Newton, T. Brady

Greenbay, Carpenter

Another solid team Coots.. Like the Charles and Hill combo.. Think Sanders will be fine if Peyton has got his rhythm back.. My opinion is that Peyton lost his rhythm last season when they started running the ball.. If he fixes that problem then both Sanders and Thomas could have big seasons with Welker and Julius gone like Rook said earlier..

Went a bit RB heavy early

QB: Rivers, Bradford

RB: Lynch, Anderson, Randle, Mason, Jones, Allen, Robinson

WR: Benjamin, Marshall, Robinson, LaFell, Perriman, Huff

TE: Cameron, Housler, Tamme

Specials: Carolina, Prater

I drafted from the 2 spot last night. I didn't expect for it to fall this way, but I tried to adjust to the flow of the draft.

QB- Brady (11), Rivers (13)

RB- AP (1), L. Murray (4), J. Stewart (5). Hyde (7), Simms (14)

WR- Evans (2), Maclin (6), S. Smith (9), Garcon (10), Quick (12), Bowe (15), H. Douglas (19)

TE- Graham (3), Eifert (8)

Def- Az (18)

K- Prater (20)

I drafted from the 2 spot last night. I didn't expect for it to fall this way, but I tried to adjust to the flow of the draft.

WR- Evans (2), Maclin (6), S. Smith (9), Garcon (10), Quick (12), Bowe (15), H. Douglas (19)

Def- Az (18)

K- Prater (20)
That WR core is scary bad IMO. Hyde in rd 7 was a heist. You'll likely be flexing stew/hyde which I don't really love. Neither guy will catch many balls. So you're going to see alot of 8-9-10 Pt games from your flex spots. Not terrible, not great either. Then factor in Maclin as your WR2, if he catches 70 balls this year, that's a bonus.

You'll have your big weeks when AP/Graham go off, but I don't see this team being consistently good throughout the season

Good luck.

Def- Az (18)

K- Prater (20)
That WR core is scary bad IMO. Hyde in rd 7 was a heist. You'll likely be flexing stew/hyde which I don't really love. Neither guy will catch many balls. So you're going to see alot of 8-9-10 Pt games from your flex spots. Not terrible, not great either. Then factor in Maclin as your WR2, if he catches 70 balls this year, that's a bonus.

You'll have your big weeks when AP/Graham go off, but I don't see this team being consistently good throughout the season

Good luck.
I may be overly hopeful, but I think one of those guys can hit for WR 2 numbers..Steve Smith is the lone experienced pass catcher in Bal, Garcon has moved to a new position in the offense, and the others will be on losing teams throwing the ball a lot. All I need is one of my "darts" to provide something. I also think the big backs (Stewart and Hyde) will be good for some goal line touches. That will help a lot also from the flex.

Def- Az (18)

K- Prater (20)

Good luck.
I may be overly hopeful, but I think one of those guys can hit for WR 2 numbers..Steve Smith is the lone experienced pass catcher in Bal, Garcon has moved to a new position in the offense, and the others will be on losing teams throwing the ball a lot. All I need is one of my "darts" to provide something. I also think the big backs (Stewart and Hyde) will be good for some goal line touches. That will help a lot also from the flex.
That's fair but I do think you're behind the 8 ball vs teams with solid WR flexes. Hyde is playing behind a very shaky O-line and what appears to be an underwhelming offense as a whole. Not sure how many GL carries he's getting. And J-Stew at the GL is no given. In fact, he's probably not the guy scoring from there lol.

I would have also targeted higher volume pass catchers in those middle rds. You may not have an 80-catch guy on the entire roster..

Did another one last night, went RB heavy at the top..

Brees, Dalton

AP, Murray, Spiller, Woodhead, Bush, Payne, F. Jackson

Marshall, Cooper, V. Jackson, Colston, Harvin, Hurns, Dorsett

Thomas, Daniels

Bills, Carpenter

Balanced and think it will compete....

Did another one last night, went RB heavy at the top..

Brees, Dalton

AP, Murray, Spiller, Woodhead, Bush, Payne, F. Jackson

Marshall, Cooper, V. Jackson, Colston, Harvin, Hurns, Dorsett

Thomas, Daniels

Bills, Carpenter

Balanced and think it will compete....
Brees in 6 or 7? Thought u didnt like him there??

ImTheScientist said:
I would never own that scrub anyways.
That scrub helped me win $200K last year in one league and a dynasty overall championship worth another $9K in another.

Right now draft results are a total crap shoot and what everyone thinks will happen only half of the stuff will come true and the other half will be the opposite of what you think. Happens every year. Heck back in 2012 the team I drafted I personally felt like it wasn't a good draft and had a friend of mine a very well known fantasy player tell me the team was awful and "better luck next draft" and that team went on to win 100K so again you just never know. So while it is fun to say what teams we think are great and ones we think are not so great no one knows what will happen and are just guessing.

just drafted 6-hole

QB - Wilson, RG III

RB - J-Stew, Blount, Sankey, Cobb, Sproles

WR - Demaryius, E Sanders, Hopkins, LaFell, T Smith, Britt, Nicks, Dobson

TE - Graham, Fleener, Cook

ImTheScientist said:
That scrub helped me win $200K last year in one league and a dynasty overall championship worth another $9K in another. Right now draft results are a total crap shoot and what everyone thinks will happen only half of the stuff will come true and the other half will be the opposite of what you think. Happens every year. Heck back in 2012 the team I drafted I personally felt like it wasn't a good draft and had a friend of mine a very well known fantasy player tell me the team was awful and "better luck next draft" and that team went on to win 100K so again you just never know. So while it is fun to say what teams we think are great and ones we think are not so great no one knows what will happen and are just guessing.
Sounds like you have foster on a team this year. If he is back week ten as reported and you spent a 1st or 2nd you are not winning. I would never have had him on my team this year to begin with.... He was off my lists all together.

Good luck.

ImTheScientist said:
That scrub helped me win $200K last year in one league and a dynasty overall championship worth another $9K in another. Right now draft results are a total crap shoot and what everyone thinks will happen only half of the stuff will come true and the other half will be the opposite of what you think. Happens every year. Heck back in 2012 the team I drafted I personally felt like it wasn't a good draft and had a friend of mine a very well known fantasy player tell me the team was awful and "better luck next draft" and that team went on to win 100K so again you just never know. So while it is fun to say what teams we think are great and ones we think are not so great no one knows what will happen and are just guessing.
Sounds like you have foster on a team this year. If he is back week ten as reported and you spent a 1st or 2nd you are not winning. I would never have had him on my team this year to begin with.... He was off my lists all together.

Good luck.
If someone has Foster and makes the playoffs then HE COULD be the difference maker for 300K......

just drafted 6-hole

QB - Wilson, RG III

Geez Paul you don't like RBs this year at all...

Odd question but did P. Manning go before Wilson??? With having both DT and Sanders I would of wanted Manning to team up for all those TDs you are hoping for.

just drafted 6-hole

QB - Wilson, RG III

Geez Paul you don't like RBs this year at all...

Odd question but did P. Manning go before Wilson??? With having both DT and Sanders I would of wanted Manning to team up for all those TDs you are hoping for.
No, I jumped on Wilson before Manning....was thinking of the Wilson-Graham connection plus Wilson's running ability. maybe I should have gone all in on Denver.

these are my two RB-heavy teams so far. My first team I started off Lacy-Murray-Spiller. I'm all over the place this year. each draft is a different animal.

prgromek said:
1st pick

QB - Kaepernick, RG III

4th pick

TE - Clay, Amaro

ImTheScientist said:

Good luck.
Well in most probability you won't be in the top 2-3 of a 12 teamer without Foster. Unless you managed to get strong RB depth and a upside RB like RJ. My first draft end of June, I took Foster in the 2nd. I admit it is probably a losing battle but going to try.

ImTheScientist said:
That scrub helped me win $200K last year in one league and a dynasty overall championship worth another $9K in another.

Right now draft results are a total crap shoot and what everyone thinks will happen only half of the stuff will come true and the other half will be the opposite of what you think. Happens every year. Heck back in 2012 the team I drafted I personally felt like it wasn't a good draft and had a friend of mine a very well known fantasy player tell me the team was awful and "better luck next draft" and that team went on to win 100K so again you just never know. So while it is fun to say what teams we think are great and ones we think are not so great no one knows what will happen and are just guessing.
I disagree that results are a total crap shoot. Based on my 2nd draft, I can tell if I have a good to very good chance at winning league money. The data and analytics point the way to drafting a strong team. I know who to pick every round or who is a good pick for a given round.

I don't 8.10 I will take him though
Geezus. Where do u find these drafts.
Actually not much talent dropped in this draft other than QBs...

Funny thing is I was in a draft two weeks ago and the guy took Brees at 1.3... That draft was weird to say the least..
Pretty sure I was in this draft. Unless there was another draft where Brees went 1.3. I highly doubt that though. Knew it was gonna be a wild one after that. Whats your username?

Funny thing is I was in a draft two weeks ago and the guy took Brees at 1.3... That draft was weird to say the least..
Pretty sure I was in this draft. Unless there was another draft where Brees went 1.3. I highly doubt that though. Knew it was gonna be a wild one after that. Whats your username?
I was also in that one. Guy also took Vinatieri in the 11th...

Couple of later-hole drafts:

Club 1, 10-hole:

Wilson (7), P Manning (9)

Charles (1), L Miller (3), Morris (5), Woodhead (11), Polk (14)

Megatron (2), D Hopkins (4), A Robinson (6), Wallace (8), Torrey (13), Latimer (15), Funchess (17)

Gates (10), Reed (12), Tamme (16), Paul (19)

CAR, Vinatieri

Clearly not the usual QB strategy, but couldn't gift someone Peyton past 9.10 and there wasn't anything else obvious there. Took some crap for it in the chat, particularly from 9.12 who didn't have a QB. Nonetheless, happy with the club even with the "wasted" QB2 pick..

Club 2, 8-hole:

Brees (8), Stafford (13)

Lacy (1), Morris (5), Jennings (7), Mason (9), Starks (14), FJax (15)

AJ Green (2), Cooks (3), Benjamin (4), Marshall (6), Steve Smith (10), Harvin (16)

Gates (11), ASJ (12), V Green (17), Chandler (20)

CAR, Crosby

Club 2, 8-hole:

Brees (8), Stafford (13)

Lacy (1), Morris (5), Jennings (7), Mason (9), Starks (14), FJax (15)

AJ Green (2), Cooks (3), Benjamin (4), Marshall (6), Steve Smith (10), Harvin (16)

Gates (11), ASJ (12), V Green (17), Chandler (20)

CAR, Crosby
This team is ridiculous. Well done.

Hey when you like your guy, you go up and get him right? /sarcasm

rmack27 said:
Seven Above said:

I mean..... I really like Brees and I really like Vinatieri so I took them a few rounds early. :shrug:

rmack27 said:
Seven Above said:

I mean..... I really like Brees and I really like Vinatieri so I took them a few rounds early. :shrug:
Haha yea only like 7 rounds too early. Solid value there...

This is my team from the aforementioned draft. Picking from the 12 spot...

Roethlisberger (8), Bradford (16)

Gordon (4), Abdullah (6), Martin (7), D. WIlliams (11), Ajayi (12), M. Jones (17), J. Allen (18)

D. Thomas (1), C. Johnson (2), A. Robinson (5), B. Perriman (10), Green-Beckham (14)

Kelce (3), Eifert (9), Amaro (13), N. Paul (15)

Chiefs, Suisham

I don't usually go WR/WR to start, but that combo was too good to pass on. Team may be lacking a little depth but my goal in these big tourneys is to draft as much upside as possible. Basically just looking for one of my lottery tickets to hit.

Another one from the 4 spot...

P. Manning (7)

Peterson (1), Hill (2), Ingram (4), Yeldon (5), K. Robinson (15), T. Cadet (16)

Evans (3), M. Bryant (6), J. Brown (9), D. Parker (10), K. White (11), S. Johnson (13), E. Royal (17)

Eifert (8), D. Allen (12), Amaro (14), V. Green (18)

Browns, Suisham

rmack27 said:
Seven Above said:

Haha yea only like 7 rounds too early. Solid value there...

This is my team from the aforementioned draft. Picking from the 12 spot...

Roethlisberger (8), Bradford (16)

Gordon (4), Abdullah (6), Martin (7), D. WIlliams (11), Ajayi (12), M. Jones (17), J. Allen (18)

D. Thomas (1), C. Johnson (2), A. Robinson (5), B. Perriman (10), Green-Beckham (14)

Kelce (3), Eifert (9), Amaro (13), N. Paul (15)

Chiefs, Suisham

I don't usually go WR/WR to start, but that combo was too good to pass on. Team may be lacking a little depth but my goal in these big tourneys is to draft as much upside as possible. Basically just looking for one of my lottery tickets to hit.
Wayyyyyyyy to much youth here. Don't mind sprinkling in a couple young guys but 1/2 this team is rookies.

Don't see it.

Another one from the 4 spot...

P. Manning (7)

Peterson (1), Hill (2), Ingram (4), Yeldon (5), K. Robinson (15), T. Cadet (16)

Evans (3), M. Bryant (6), J. Brown (9), D. Parker (10), K. White (11), S. Johnson (13), E. Royal (17)

Eifert (8), D. Allen (12), Amaro (14), V. Green (18)

Browns, Suisham
Now this is more my speed. Nice balance throughout. Pretty strong everywhere. Like Bryant end of 6th and Jon Brown in the 9th is really solid now.

First FPC draft of the year, from the 8 spot tonight:

Eli Manning (11)/ Bridgewater (15)

Gore (3)/ Ingram (4)/ Gurley (5)/ Foster (7)/ Herron (13)/ M. Jones (14)/ Bradshaw (17)

Demaryius (1)/ AJG (2)/ Decker (8)/ Boldin (9)/ Adams (10)/ Toon (20)

Ertz (6)/ Rivera (15)/ V. Green (19)

Seahawks (12)

Hauschka (18)

Initial thoughts:

Loved AJG at 17 overall

Foster as 4th RB in the 7th seemed worth the roll of the dice given latest reports

Boldin not giving me great upside, but probably need to start him early with Gurley/Foster rostered

Adams was a last second punt pick - not all that dissatisfied with it, but TE probably better pick

Probably waited too long on 2nd TE, but happy with position given draft capital expenditure

Ditto on QB, happy given draft capital expenditure

Probably the earliest I have ever gone defense in a money league, I'm actually pretty good with it. Of the next 14 picks only 2 were in my top 6 of queued up players.

cdubz said:
First FPC draft of the year, from the 8 spot tonight:

Eli Manning (11)/ Bridgewater (15)

Gore (3)/ Ingram (4)/ Gurley (5)/ Foster (7)/ Herron (13)/ M. Jones (14)/ Bradshaw (17)

Demaryius (1)/ AJG (2)/ Decker (8)/ Boldin (9)/ Adams (10)/ Toon (20)

Ertz (6)/ Rivera (15)/ V. Green (19)

Seahawks (12)

Hauschka (18)

Initial thoughts:

Loved AJG at 17 overall

Foster as 4th RB in the 7th seemed worth the roll of the dice given latest reports

Boldin not giving me great upside, but probably need to start him early with Gurley/Foster rostered

Adams was a last second punt pick - not all that dissatisfied with it, but TE probably better pick

Probably waited too long on 2nd TE, but happy with position given draft capital expenditure

Ditto on QB, happy given draft capital expenditure

Probably the earliest I have ever gone defense in a money league, I'm actually pretty good with it. Of the next 14 picks only 2 were in my top 6 of queued up players.
You cannot depend on Eli in the 11th. Eli and Brady are the key targets for guys who wait on QB once Newton and Ben are taken.

I don't know about how Ertz will be used. I am not that high on Gurley as a flex as I believe he will be there if you want him type of deal. You need another Flex in case Gurley doesn't get up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread