What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (8 Viewers)

Better strategy than selling him might just bento p/u armstead as a handcuff.  Looks like the jags have a run Game 

He's 7 yards behind McCaffrey for the rushing yards lead........he's got a legit shot at leading the league in rushing yards this year if he doesnt get hurt........I'm not trading him for anybody. 

He's 7 yards behind McCaffrey for the rushing yards lead........he's got a legit shot at leading the league in rushing yards this year if he doesnt get hurt........I'm not trading him for anybody. 

Talent has never been the question for Fournette with me at least. He just needed a little help from his OL. If he stays healthy he should be in for a big year. 

Was hoping to get him on the cheap in a few leagues, but this ruined that.  If owners come out looking to sell high, I'd be interested in striking a deal.  

Just bench him next game and we will benefit by having him in our lineups. This is a different year. Each game he is scoring more points. All that talk about him getting in shape and getting his life in order were for real. 

Such a weird time for people to try and crap on Fournette. He's going to have some monster games going forward once the TDS start rolling in.
Well good luck guys. I am not hopping back on board this train.

--Signed Fournette's former #1 fan who has watched basically every carry of his pro and college career.

I am using this game to sell him in the two leagues I still have him.

--Signed Fournette's former #1 fan who has watched basically every carry of his pro and college career.

Who u selling him for?

Sold him last night for Hopkins (I had to include Jeffery as well, and got back 36% FAAB)

Thought you might have seen something that others hadn't. They'll get more film on him, I'm sure, but I'm not exactly sure in looking at the stats and where he's throwing the ball that he has a distinct weakness that makes him fallible. Arm strength is a bit of a question, but not to a ridiculous degree. 
He’s short and has a weak arm - it’s possible teams can figure out how to slow him down. I’m not saying they necessarily but it’s not far fetched that a guy comes out of nowhere puts up some good games and then regresses over the course of the season.

I’m hoping that’s not the case because for the first time in a long time the Jags are fun to watch.

The only thing that hurts him is his lack of a true 2nd gear and breakaway speed. Other than that he's a beast. He's been held back due to injuries and playing on teams that don't have a pass game that opposing defenses even respect. I still think D coordinators are going to live with Minshew beating them. 
Fournette does not lack breakaway speed. That’s his best attribute size/speed combo.

Curiously...are you still down on him?  I would have thought Sunday would have brought vindication to some extent.  Your sentiment above is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very doubtful.  He doesn't get to play Denver every week.  Outside of that game his numbers are very meh.  Was offered him and Wentz for Kamara and Brees.  Easy and quick reject.

Very doubtful.  He doesn't get to play Denver every week.  Outside of that game his numbers are very meh.  Was offered him and Wentz for Kamara and Brees.  Easy and quick reject.
That is an easy reject, but I expect Fournette to feast today.  Carolina has been a little soft against the run.

Leonard Fournette rushed 19 times for 76 yards in the Jaguars' Week 8 win over the Jets, adding seven receptions for 60 additional yards.

Fournette has now cleared 118 yards from scrimmage in five consecutive games, though his inability to find the end zone has become almost farcical. He appeared to bust a 75-yard touchdown on the Jags' second play from scrimmage, but as is often the case with Fournette, he got chased down from behind. In the fourth quarter, Fournette appeared to finally have a one-yard scoring plunge, but a quick-whistled ref ruled that his forward progress had already been stopped. He lost seven yards on the next play. It's immensely frustrating, but the scores are going to come with this usage. The Texans are a soft Week 9 matchup.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:24 PM ET

The lack of touchdowns is a little frustrating but also comical since the RB is racking up yards and is healthy.   I'm not going to complain.   The TDs will come.  

The lack of touchdowns is a little frustrating but also comical since the RB is racking up yards and is healthy.   I'm not going to complain.   The TDs will come.  
He has gotten chased down twice on very long runs. lol

He has also gotten stoned multiple times at the GL. 

I keep thinking the TDs will come, but will they? I hope.

Leonard Fournette had 11 carries for 40 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 32 yards in Week 9 against the Texans.

Fournette had nowhere to run despite facing a Texans defensive line that was without J.J. Watt. He was gamescripted in the second half with the Jaguars going run heavy, but managed to stay involved with five catches. Fournette had been on a hot streak with over 100 total yards in five straight games. He'll have a rebound spot against the Colts after a Week 10 bye.

Nov 3, 2019, 1:09 PM ET

Leonard Fournette rushed eight times for 23 yards in Week 11 against the Colts.

Fournette fell victim to gamescript, with Jacksonville throwing it 47 times. He saved his day in the pass game, catching all seven of his targets for 34 yards. It's the second straight week Fournette has been held under 50 rushing yards. Fournette has started to cool off after a fast start. He hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 5.

1 TD all year.

How does your best player have 1 TD on the year. Maybe not feeding him is why you are losing. 

It truly amazes me how coaches just dont feed their best players. 

1 TD all year.

How does your best player have 1 TD on the year. Maybe not feeding him is why you are losing. 

It truly amazes me how coaches just dont feed their best players. 
I don't think it's a lack of feeding.

Fournette is on pace for 366 touches this year.

In the redzone the Jags have run 40 times compared to 18 passes.  Fournette in the redzone has 35 carries for 44 yards with 1 TD.

Fournette has 17 carries from inside the 10.  For 4 yards.

Honestly reality is probably closer to the exact opposite of what you're talking about here.  They are losing because when they get inside the 20 everyone knows the ball is going to Fournette and it gets stuffed every time.

He is getting fed plenty.  Almost comically so.

Fournette ran for over 100 yards when he was fed more than 20 times and has ran more than 20 times only 3 times this year. They won 2 of those 3 games. Feeding him is the path to winning.

Fournette ran for over 100 yards when he was fed more than 20 times and has ran more than 20 times only 3 times this year. They won 2 of those 3 games. Feeding him is the path to winning.
chicken or the egg?

Maybe the were able to run him 20 times BECAUSE they were winning?  Maybe winning is the path to feeding him?

It seems pretty obvious that those wins have to less to do with an arbitrary carry number and more to do with the 3-17 combined record of those two opponents.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with your assertion that Fournette's lack of TDs is because he's not being "fed".  The guy is going to finish top 3 in the NFL in touches and top 3 in the NFL in redzone touches while currently pacing dead last in redzone efficiency.  I'm not sure what kind of spin could possibly be put on that to say that the lack of touchdowns are due to a lack of touches.

I'm sure the touchdowns will regress positively at some point.  Probably when they do they opposite and stop predictably doing nothing but "feeding him" down there when everyone knows it's coming.

Leonard Fournette contributed 97 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries while adding nine grabs for 62 yards on 12 targets Sunday in Jacksonville’s Week 12 loss to the Titans.

Fournette had a hand in just about everything the Jags did on Sunday, flooding the box score with 159 yards from scrimmage, a feat he accomplished on a career-high 33 touches. He obliterated his previous career-best of eight targets, settling in as Nick Foles' go-to target down the stretch. Beyond his absurd usage, Fournette got another monkey off his back by punching in a pair of touchdowns (each of the goal-line variety), doubling his season total while also spelling the end of a five-game scoreless drought. Jacksonville has trailed often this year but negative game-script seems not to faze Fournette, who is on the cusp of his second 1,000-yard rushing season. He can reach that milestone when the Bucs visit in Week 13.
I gotta say Fournette is BACK this year. Finally getting incorporated in the pass game.

Leonard Fournette rushed 14 times for 38 yards and caught 9-of-11 targets for 53 yards in the Jaguars' Week 13 loss to the Bucs.

Solid PPR day for Fournette, but he could have had a much bigger afternoon if he could have capitalized on a pair of goal-line opportunities. On first-and-goal in the fourth quarter, Fournette was stuffed for a loss of one and then saw a pass fall incomplete that was intended for him on second down. Other than that, Fournette didn't sniff the end zone. He'll try to bounce back next week at home against the Chargers.

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 50 yards in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Chargers, adding three receptions for 13 additional yards.

Fournette had numerous tackle-breaking runs, but never quite managed to get loose for a big chunk gain. It marked just the fifth time all season that he finished with fewer than 20 touches. The good news is Fournette still received a fantasy-friendly six targets, and Week 15’s matchup against the Raiders could provide fantasy managers with a boom week. Continue to fire up the Jaguars’ three-down back as a high-end RB1.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:24 PM ET

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 50 yards in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Chargers, adding three receptions for 13 additional yards.

Fournette had numerous tackle-breaking runs, but never quite managed to get loose for a big chunk gain. It marked just the fifth time all season that he finished with fewer than 20 touches. The good news is Fournette still received a fantasy-friendly six targets, and Week 15’s matchup against the Raiders could provide fantasy managers with a boom week. Continue to fire up the Jaguars’ three-down back as a high-end RB1.

How is this guy ranked so high week after week? He’s done nothing for three weeks now especially in standard. He’s projected as the 8th best RB this week. That’s number one status. I think I’m sitting him AJ Brown (have Mixon and Henry). Anyone else puzzled by this?

The Jaguars flat out suck and I expect Atlanta to pummel them. I don’t see how you play this guy if you have a decent option. PPR I understand more but like I said, my league is standard.

How is this guy ranked so high week after week? He’s done nothing for three weeks now especially in standard. He’s projected as the 8th best RB this week. That’s number one status. I think I’m sitting him AJ Brown (have Mixon and Henry). Anyone else puzzled by this?

The Jaguars flat out suck and I expect Atlanta to pummel them. I don’t see how you play this guy if you have a decent option. PPR I understand more but like I said, my league is standard.
I am with you and not sure what to do with him this week

There seems to be a healthy amount of "lag" in his projections, as though what was expected several weeks ago is still influencing what we expect this week.

He will be good when the Jags get a QB who knows how to check down more. For all the catches he has, he could have had many many more and should have.

These young QBs always look awful over time and you realize part of it is because they want to be heroes not smart QBs. 

I have thought this for weeks too but he continues to be my RB2 every week due to volume and lack of better options.    

Everywhere I look he’s ranked top 6. I have him in standard and was going to sit him for Henry. No choice now unless I grab Dion Lewis. Standard scoring. Anyone feel he actually does something today or will it he get his customary 67 yards total?

Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 71 yards in the Jaguars' Week 16 loss to the Falcons, adding three receptions for 34 additional yards.

It was the first time in four games Fournette reached 100 yards from scrimmage. He still failed to score for the 13th time in 15 2019 appearances, which is inconceivable for a running back with Fournette's weekly workload. The Jags had a 1st-and-goal from the Falcons' five-yard line late in the game, but they opted for four passes. Fournette will be a low-end, workload-based RB1 vs. the Colts in next week's finale.

Leonard Fournette (neck) is questionable for the Jaguars' Week 17 matchup against the Colts.

The Jaguars have continued to feed Fournette a massive workload despite being eliminated from the playoffs, but he popped up on the injury report with a neck injury this week and could perhaps lose snaps due to the issue. Ryquell Armstead would likely handle plenty of work in Fournette's absence. The more appealing side of this game to target in DFS is with Marlon Mack ($6,900 on DraftKings), although the Colts seem inclined to somewhat limit his touches and could be without difference-making stalwart Quenton Nelson (concussion).

SOURCE: Jaguars on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 1:34 PM ET

Leonard Fournette (illness, neck) has been downgraded to doubtful for Week 17 against the Colts.

Fournette was listed as questionable with a neck injury, but it sounds like the illness is what's going to keep him out. The likely absence puts Ryquell Armstead in line to start and handle the majority of carries. Armstead is a plug-and-play RB3 in a tough matchup with the Colts top-10 run defense. The Jaguars should go more pass heavy with Fournette out, with DJ Chark and Dede Westbrook getting an uptick in targets.

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Dec 28, 2019, 11:57 AM ET

The Florida Times-Union suggests the Jaguars aren't a lock to pick up Leonard Fournette's fifth-year option.

Fournette rebounded with the best season of his career after a down 2018 clouded his status in Jacksonville. It should be an easy decision to exercise his option, but Fournette carries a $10.1 million price tag as a former top-10 pick and comes with injury risks that could guarantee his salary. With limited cap space and Fournette's spotty conditioning, it's possible the Jags let him play out his rookie deal before addressing his contract next offseason.

SOURCE: Florida Times Union

Feb 15, 2020, 1:42 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread